Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FULL REPORT  (Read 31694 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE FULL REPORT
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2004, 04:23:02 PM »

A further note on the gathering last night: chatting with Sexiest Man in the World Brent Barrett, he admitted to me that his current travelling schedule doesn't allow him to have a dog.  Sad, but absolutely correct, as it would be wrong for them both to be separated so frequently.  A dog (or any pet) is supposed to be a companion, not a fashion accessory.

At the same time, dammit, Brent needs a dog!  He is so obviously a dog person, and would shower the canine with affection and get same in return.

We need to set up a committee, to find out what his schedule is and make sure there is a dog everywhere he goes, to give him puppy love even if it's on a loaner basis.

Unless it turns out he has allergies that he didn't mention, and wouldn't because, after all, being sexy includes never being rude.

This requires more research.  

Well, Mr. Barrett is scheduled for that Mabel Mercer Cabaret at Sea cruise in March.  Perhaps I should book a cabin... and pack my dog collar?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2004, 04:30:46 PM »

Finally got my second order from the big DeepdiscountDVD buying fest, so now I have quite a number of new DVDs to watch...not that I didn't already have close to 100 unwatched DVDs, already! It is the thrill of the hunt and buy, I guess  ::)

Danise

« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2004, 04:33:10 PM »

Evening all!

Thank you, Dear Uncle Der Brucer, for the GREAT photos of the reading last night but you can't fool me.   I think I know some of the people in those photos!   :D  ;)

DR George, I was rude last night.  I forgot to say, "Thank you".  I'm sorry.  I thought about it when I was horizontal last night and again on the bus ride in to work. :-[

If it is ok to say it tonight, Happy Chanukah or Happy Hanukah!  I had a lesson on it today from the lady I work with.  She explained all about the order of the candles and what the one in middle means and all kinds of interesting stuff.  

BK, I know what you mean about losing a long post!  I hate to say it but I have learned my lesson the hard way and now do all of my posts in Word.  Then I copy/paste.  

DR Jane, as I told you, I’m just happy that you liked the gift.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2004, 04:47:51 PM »

Good day, one and all!
[/b] [/font]

Great photo, Ann.  I am glad that everybody at this site likes my new avatar, because it may have cost me a role in a TV documentary.  The producer called and said he was very impressed with my resume, but that he was really looking for an actor who was old enough to play a grandfather.  Damn that transporter of Danise’s, and that aging avatar of me up in the attic.

Beg pardon. I missed what the transporter had to do with it?   ???

Congrats to William F. Orr on achieving Godhood!  Woo Hoo!

Nice picture, Ann!  What kind of phone do you have?  I wish I would have waited to get a photo phone.  Then again, Christmas is coming and I’ve been a very good girl……..
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2004, 04:53:18 PM »

Finally got my second order from the big DeepdiscountDVD buying fest, so now I have quite a number of new DVDs to watch...not that I didn't already have close to 100 unwatched DVDs, already! It is the thrill of the hunt and buy, I guess  ::)

I know the feeling!  Gotta have it, gotta find it, got it, eh.  I can watch it LATER!

Hey, my first frenzy!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2004, 05:09:34 PM »

Beg pardon. I missed what the transporter had to do with it?   ???

Congrats to William F. Orr on achieving Godhood!  Woo Hoo!

Nice picture, Ann!  What kind of phone do you have?  I wish I would have waited to get a photo phone.  Then again, Christmas is coming and I’ve been a very good girl……..

I had merely mentioned yesterday that maybe my photo was appearing to get younger all the time, because of all your talk about a transporter.  After all, Danise, why bother to invent a transporter if it isn't capable of also moving through time.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2004, 05:35:12 PM »

Nah!  It's a well-known fact that a man is more attractive the older that he grows.  He's like a late October rose.  He's noticed everywhere he goes.

Your place or mine?

drr Brucer (an October rose with lots of thorns)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Michael

« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2004, 05:38:30 PM »

Oh, yes, Paige O'Hara and Michael Piontek.

Rebecca Luker and Gregory Jbarra

Rebecca Luker and Danny Burstein
Never stop dreaming.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

Lovely pictures, Der B.  Will we get some pictures of the dinner party, too?

Sadly, no.

I am unhappy with the pictures I took of the signing - bad angles, poor focus - but that's what comes from trying to be unobtrusive. I probably would have made more friends (not of the few attendees, but of the many posters) if I said "screw it" and jumped up and acted like any normal photo jounalist and moved throughout the crowd, shooting at will, and posing folks hither and yon to get a nice collection. Oh well, better luick next time. (Maybe we'll go to "Jewish Thighs Near Broadaway" and do a real photo-shoot! - think - Jose in costume!)

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2004, 05:44:50 PM »

Their mothers should all be proud!

G_d, your so Jewish!  Why can't the Poppas be proud!

Michael

« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2004, 05:44:53 PM »

Rebecca Luker and Gregory Jbarra

Rebecca Luker and Danny Burstein

Amanda McBroom and George Ball

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2004, 05:46:48 PM »

Amanda McBroom and George Ball

and add to the list of married couples

Marin Mazzie and Jason Dainley

Judy Kaye and David Green

Allison Fraser and the late Rusty McGee

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 07:14:39 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2004, 05:55:04 PM »

But I do want to wake up a god tomorrow.

And so ye shall. Thou shall be the essence of Divinity - a bit nutty, sugar infused, and really yumalicious!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2004, 06:00:08 PM »

;D WELCOME TO THE HEAVENS, WFO!! ;D
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
[size=8]SHAZAM![/size][/glow]
[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2004, 06:09:05 PM »

Ann, do your Sugar Gliders steal jewelry like my son’s do?  

Tha's one way to pay the college tuition!

Dummy me - I thought they were Ferrets! Now I discover at Skinhorse :

Sugar Gliders have become popular pets in the United States, and anyone who has ever seen one can easily tell you why. Besides being intelligent, playful and inquisitive, they are just darn cute. They also don't smell bad (if their diet is correct), don't have fleas, don't need shots, are relatively inexpensive to keep, and having one in your pocket is a sure-fire way to meet people and make new friends!

Well, that last guy wondering around with his hands in his pocket saying "Want to play with my Sugar Glider" is in rehab with PeeWee Herman and George Michael !

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2004, 06:10:24 PM »

I keep forgetting to comment:

I watched the DVD of "The Taming of the Shrew" the other night.  This was the American Conservatory Theater version circa 1972 with Marc Singer and Fredi Olster.

I was first aware of this via "After Dark's" cover story on it around that time.  I found it on DVD.  When it started up, there was a warning that the video was archival and had been digitally recorded, but that the quality would reflect recording standards of the day.

That said, the quality was GREAT, and the show is absolutely a-m-a-z-i-n-g.  How could Singer's career not have panned out better?  He makes a dazzling Petruchio.  

And whatever happened to Fredi Olster??

Harry Hamlin purportedly appears as Mariamo, but I cannot find him anywhere.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2004, 06:26:32 PM »

DRGeorge, BB is not married.

Herewith a quote from the  NY Times posted on the SMA's website:

Who's That?  Well, Now He's the Star
By Matthew Gurewitsch, The New York Times
February 16, 2003

Single, newly settled in an apartment on West 42nd Street, he continues to base his career in New York.

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2004, 06:38:19 PM »

SWW, I tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full!
“One thing’s universal,

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2004, 06:45:29 PM »

Peel Me a Grape by Blossom Dearie...is this considered a torch song?

No, it's not.  A torch song involves some amount of heartbreak, someone pining over a love gone wrong, or "carrying a torch" meaning still loving someone who's no longer loving you.  Peel Me a Grape and Love Changes Everything have none of these elements.

I may have been the first piano bar pianist to have played and sung Love Changes Everything in New York.  I enjoyed banging the piano, because, towards the end, there's a stress mark over every note, with the loudness marking of fff which, for those who don't read music, means "louder than you can possibly play it."   That Andrew Lloyd Webber fellow was never one for subtlety.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2004, 06:53:21 PM »

No, it's not.  A torch song involves some amount of heartbreak, someone pining over a love gone wrong, or "carrying a torch" meaning still loving someone who's no longer loving you.  Peel Me a Grape and Love Changes Everything have none of these elements.

After I thought about it (but didn't correct myself), I realized that most of the torch songs that I could think of were sultry and "Peel Me a Grape" is pretty sultry, so that's what was confusing me.  At least...that's my story and I'm sticking too it! ;)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2004, 06:53:38 PM »

DR Laura!! What excellent pix of those lovely birds! Thank you for sharing. And our Delaware shutterbug!! Thanks for those swell candid shots of our glee and festivity last night! Love those pix. Okay, so now I have to sleep fast and be ready to get on several planes tomorrow for an all-day trek to So. Cal. (Well, she WILL shop for cheap fares...) niteynite
PennyO

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2004, 07:03:32 PM »

I stand corrected.

Then again one person's opinion is just that.....no matter who what or where.  8)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 07:04:14 PM by JRand54 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2004, 07:04:35 PM »

Congrats and welcome the clouds DRWFO!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #233 on: December 07, 2004, 07:07:35 PM »

DR Danise, since tonight is the first night of Chanukah (tomorrow is the first day) ... it is okay to give your wishes now.

Michael

« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2004, 07:12:18 PM »

Just read that Bombay Dreams is closing January 1 and Dracula is closing January 2. At least they didn't keep Dracula open until the Tony nominations were announced.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 07:13:54 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2004, 07:17:50 PM »

SWW, I tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full!
So noted.  I've dumped some of the older mail.

(But not the older male.  The roses around here need not worry.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2004, 07:19:44 PM »

I may have been the first piano bar pianist to have played and sung Love Changes Everything in New York.  I enjoyed banging the piano, because, towards the end, there's a stress mark over every note, with the loudness marking of fff which, for those who don't read music, means "louder than you can possibly play it."   That Andrew Lloyd Webber fellow was never one for subtlety.
Don't be silly, if you didn't break every finger you couldn't have been playing it properly.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2004, 07:21:14 PM »

After I thought about it (but didn't correct myself), I realized that most of the torch songs that I could think of were sultry and "Peel Me a Grape" is pretty sultry, so that's what was confusing me.  At least...that's my story and I'm sticking too it! ;)
Sultry, as in humid?  That's one juicy grape!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2004, 07:22:34 PM »

Flight vibes to all those travelling tomorrow.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2004, 07:41:34 PM »

Pogue is back, but exhausted. 12 plays in two weeks! More anon!  Happy B'day, Jane!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up