Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SPREADING CHRISTMAS JOY LIKE A FUNGUS  (Read 44675 times)

Michael

Re:SPREADING CHRISTMAS JOY LIKE A FUNGUS
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2004, 07:23:37 PM »

To answer the question about Angela Lansbury:

She was dubbed in The Harvey Girls by Virginia Rees

I think her own voice is used in Till The Clouds Roll By

The answer the question about the women with Ray Bolger:

Virginia O'Brien
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2004, 07:26:01 PM »

So far today we have spoken to the vet internist, who in turn spoke to our regular vet before she called us.  Then we called her back on our cell phone as she drove home from work.

What we know is the prednisone makes Echo feel better, move better and eat better.  What we don’t know is why her white blood count is accelerating at a fast rate.  So tomorrow, when I should be moving everything back into our bedroom and cleaning Craig’s room, I will be returning to the internist with her.  He will check her white count again and do x-rays to determine if she has cancer or an infection.  The purpose is to know if the prednisone is harming her or helping.  We just pray the trip to the vet doesn’t make her worse due to the stress.  Stress really has a negative effect on her these days and it isn’t helping us much.

Michael

« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2004, 07:26:47 PM »

Page 7 Angela Lansbury Dance

« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 07:34:37 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2004, 07:28:38 PM »

Jane - I hope Echo continues to improve.

Ann - Encouraging medical report - hang in there.

Ben - Healing vibes for MacGregor.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #184 on: December 22, 2004, 07:30:28 PM »

Funny story related to this stress.  While I was away Keith was so busy with the pets, house and the remodeling project he didn’t have time to shave.  Nor has he had much time to get out of his grubby sweats (work clothes in the winter) to do errands.  Yesterday he went to Rite Aid, looking a mess, and noticed a well dress woman staring at him.  Suddenly he realizes she thinks he is a homeless person. ;D

His goal is to “clean up” before Craig’s arrival tomorrow.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2004, 07:32:40 PM »

What is the French word for Tchotchkes?
Merde!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2004, 07:32:51 PM »

And Oh Auntie Em, There's No Place Like Home

Hiding in the graveyard
Gretl: Would this be a good time to sing, My Favorite Things?

Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2004, 07:33:19 PM »

LOL, Jane, at your story about Keith.  I guess I should give all those supposedly homeless people who hang out in my library the benefit of the doubt, huh?

Seriously, it's good you can find things to laugh about when you're under stress.  I think it helps a lot.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2004, 07:34:39 PM »

LOL but I know elmore worries about those packages not arriving after several dissapeared for awhile before arriving at there destination.  :)

elmore, this time of year mail can take longer than expected.

Tomovoz got his package and I mailed Jay's with Tom's, yours, and Michael Barnum's!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2004, 07:37:36 PM »

DRSWW, objet d'art?

Ben

« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2004, 07:38:34 PM »

Continued good vibes to DR Ann for good reports

Good vibes to Echo from MacGregor and me and Anthony

A quote from Stuart early in the day

"so you come crawling back to Broadway"

Remember, the emphasis is on "way" in that sentence. Helen Lawson called it BroadWAY. I love it. There are many quotable quotes from that camp fest as well.

Ben

« Reply #191 on: December 22, 2004, 07:40:37 PM »

Here I am posting more than once in a single day. How nice for me!

"What a dump!" Did she ever say that (Miss Davis that is)?

Of course I was not referring to HHW as a dump, I just felt the need to quote Miss Bette Davis.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2004, 07:43:48 PM »

Angela Lansbury was dubbed by Ray Bolger?  I think that's a straw man argument.  We don't allow groaning here at haineshisway.com.

MBarnum

« Reply #193 on: December 22, 2004, 07:44:24 PM »

BK, what is the name of that memorablia shop...it sounds like one I might like to visit next time I am in L.A.  I always make a trip to Larry Edmunds and to Eddie Brandt's, and there was another shop in Hollywood that I went to, but can't recall the name.

Jane

« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2004, 07:45:04 PM »

LOL, Jane, at your story about Keith.  I guess I should give all those supposedly homeless people who hang out in my library the benefit of the doubt, huh?

LOL, guess we need to do the same with the ones that hang out around our Rite Aid store.

Jane

« Reply #195 on: December 22, 2004, 07:46:32 PM »

Continued good vibes to DR Ann for good reports

Good vibes to Echo from MacGregor and me and Anthony

Thank you and continued good vibes to MacGregor and family from Echo, Bogie, Keith and me.  What is involved with his treatment?

Jane

« Reply #196 on: December 22, 2004, 07:54:52 PM »

The remodeling isn’t done on our bathroom.  For one we don’t have a shower door or faucets for one of our sinks, however, the tile is complete and the painters have finished.  Keith cleaned it tonight and we can begin to move back in.  What is complete is absolutely beautiful.  I can’t wait to try out my new whirlpool tub-I just need to find the time.  There is a heating mat under the tile on the floor to keep us warm. :D

Ben

« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2004, 07:59:15 PM »

We don't know the specifics on the treatment yet. He was supposed to go in Monday but the weather, especially on LI, prevented him from being taken to the Vet. He was supposed to go Tuesday but it was not much better so he's going in tomorrow. He will be at the vet all day and night and we will pick him up Friday morning when Rose will get the details about diet and shots. He seems to be OK now. If he hadn't had the problem last week, we never would have known. He was drinking lots and lots of water and limping (I don't know if that's part of the symptom) and also peeing all over the house. He's a housebroken dog so Rose knew something was wrong. Since then, as I said, he seems to be fine, no excessive drinking and the wetting has been controlled. We shall see on Friday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2004, 07:59:30 PM »

It's just some generic Baseball Cards, Movie Memorabilia, etc. name - it's owned by Danny Schwartz father of actor Scott Schwartz.  It's way out past Calabassas, but he's got some pretty great stuff.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2004, 08:01:46 PM »

How did you skip all of the Frances Farmer and Allison Hayes stuff?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2004, 08:04:46 PM »

debris
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2004, 08:06:03 PM »

On EBAY: The starting price for a rare LP Soundtrack of The First Nudie Musical is $199.95. (Yellow Cover) Same seller is selling another one for $99.95 (White Cover) Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the DVD and get the cd of the soundtrack?
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2004, 08:09:02 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from the show... And, lo and behold, the traffic gods were smiling on me tonight.  Consequently, I ended up getting to the theatre with a bit more time to kill than I would have liked.  But that left with more time to see what goodies were in the green room.

There is one major exit ramp off of 395 heading into DC that was closed this morning due to a gas truck overturning and exploding.  I passed over the slew of workmen who are trying to get it reopened by tomorrow's rush hour while driving to the theatre earlier tonight.  I wish them well.  At least with a lot of people already starting their Cahristmas vacations...  -And at least it won't/shouldn't affect my commute tomorrow night since it didn't effect me tonight.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 08:11:50 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2004, 08:22:42 PM »

DR Danise - I meant to comment on something you mentioned yesterday... I, too, tend to get nervous after an event, especially back in my "classical" days.  Whenever I would do recital work - either as a soloist or an accompanist - I would be a wreck after the recital.  My brain, and consequently my social skills, would just shut down.  People would always ask me if I was feeling well right after they congratulated me.  I was feeling well, I just wasn't welll.

My theory was that I had done such a good job of controlling my nerves and neuroses before and during the recital, that once the recital was done all that "stuff" was suddenly released in my system.  And I've met other performers with the same peculiar problem, and they believe that's the source of their post-performance-apoplexy.  ;)

In turn, one of my studio mates had tremendous problems with pre-performance nerves.  She would literally get sick to her stomach some times.  Once she was on stage, at the piano and played the first note, she was fine, but beforehand... watch out!  She started getting control of her nerves after talking with the great Spanish pianist, Alicia de Larrocha.  Ms. De Larrocha mentioned that she had had similar issues early in her career.  A doctor prescribed a diet with extra amounts of Vitamin B in it, and Vitamin B supplements if needed, and that seemed to do the trick.  My friend then made some adjustments to her pre-recital ritual/diet, and it helped her out too.  She actually got a little "worried" when she didn't feel as nervous as she normally did - she was just so used to that ill feeling beforehand.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2004, 08:24:27 PM »

Does anyone know with all the cable changes out there is the a channel that is rerunning any of the old Donny & Marie Variety hours?
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2004, 08:25:08 PM »

DR JANE - Best of Vibes to You and Your Family!

Dear Dog Echo - Get Well Vibes In The Shape Of Doggie Treats To You!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2004, 08:27:49 PM »

OH!  Earlier when I mentioned I would go soak in the tub, I actually ended up soaking in the tub for a while.  I hadn't done that in years, and it was quite nice.

Hmmm... There's a whirlpool bath in my parents' bedroom.... Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2004, 08:34:24 PM »

Jose thank you for the image of doggie treat vibes. :D

Ben I'm guessing the limp was part of the problem.  I wish them the best of luck in treating this and hope it isn't too difficult.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2004, 09:08:41 PM »

Sorry to disagree with DR Elmore, but although Angela Lansbury did do her own vocal in TILL THE CLOUDS ROLL BY, she did not do her own singing in THE HARVEY GIRLS. One quick listen and you know it's not her voice.

The dubber was Virginia Reese.  BTW, Cyd Charisse's vocals were dubbed by Marion Doenges.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2004, 09:10:22 PM »

Here we come a-waffle-ing... I nearly fell off my chair.  1.75 hours to "Phantom!!!!!"

That joke is also in NUNCRACKERS. The kids come out with frozen waffles on a stick.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up