Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRILY WE WRIG ALONG  (Read 78933 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:MERRILY WE WRIG ALONG
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2005, 11:37:59 AM »

True DRJENNIFER.  But what better way to give Jonathan the GREATEST comeuppance?  Jonathan and Victoria are independently wealthy from what I gather - so the money won't make or break them one way or the other.

Oh my...now I am boring myself.

Did anyone see Ashlee Simpson get booed by 70,000 people at the Orange Bowl last night?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2005, 11:42:12 AM »

Page Six Dance.  ;D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2005, 11:44:41 AM »

JRand54, I do believe I have seen Humoresque and vaguely remember enjoying it.  There was also a spy picture she did with Fred MacMurray, I think, called Above Suspicion that wasn't bad.  I'm just baffled by what became of the warm vulnerability she displayed in Grand Hotel?

Mike Curtiz was certainly the most versatilve director in Hollywood.

BK, my questionoftheday...How are your sales figures on Writers Block?  I suspect this new review will sell a lot of books.  Has this book done the best business of the four?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 11:45:22 AM by Charles Pogue »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2005, 11:47:24 AM »

Are there any Catholics here who could give me a little technical expertise with this book I'm writing?

What is a typical "assignment" (and what is it officially called, anyway--ablution??) that a Priest would give you after confession in terms of the number of Hail Marys and Rosaries you should say.  How would the Priest term it?

Confession anecdote (by Jove, I think this may be a new one):   My middle sister converted to Catholicism prior to her first marriage.  We all went back for her renaming ceremony or whatever it was (I was a kid, I barely remember it), and she had to make confession before her baptism.  She went into the confessional and emerged a moment later, at which point my Mother stated under her breath, "She can't possibly have confessed everything she's done in that little time!"
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2005, 11:48:33 AM »

I just went a -shopping at Amazon, ordered me a  First Nudie Musical DVD and and the Kritzer Trilogy, need to study up to understand the pictures being posted!!.

New question dear,  BK when does the trilogy come out on Books on Tape for those of us with loooooong daily commutes on the ^%&#**LIE?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Tomovoz

« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2005, 11:50:05 AM »

DR Ozderek and DR Tomofoz have either of you ever heard of a CD called Stairways to Heaven?  I believe it was produced by a Aussie variety show.  We have a copy and play that quite often.
Indeed. Most famous for the Rolf Harris track!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2005, 11:50:49 AM »

Oh! And I ordered a Writers Block too.

2 - 4 weeks they said for shipping..are you typing each book individually, dear author?

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2005, 11:52:29 AM »

Indeed. Most famous for the Rolf Harris track!

'OOOH and its makes me wonder, what about you lads?"

"ooh and it makes us wonder"
 ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2005, 11:54:10 AM »

DR Vixmom can you cancel your orders and place your orders here?  There are links, I think!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2005, 11:55:58 AM »

I just went a -shopping at Amazon, ordered me a  First Nudie Musical DVD and and the Kritzer Trilogy, need to study up to understand the pictures being posted!!.

New question dear,  BK when does the trilogy come out on Books on Tape for those of us with loooooong daily commutes on the ^%&#**LIE?

Note to DR vixmom - All the titles you ordered today could have been ordered - and maybe you still can if they have not been processed on Amazon - from this here site.  Just click on the link that appears on the first page of haineshisway.com.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2005, 11:56:46 AM »

And MRBK will autograph them for ya!  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

...And sometimes you may even get some nice "extras" with your books... And since someone just got a new Powerbook with a very fast CD burner...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2005, 11:57:35 AM »

STOP THAT DR JRAND!!!

:D

JINX!
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2005, 11:58:09 AM »

Confession anecdote (by Jove, I think this may be a new one):   My middle sister converted to Catholicism prior to her first marriage.  We all went back for her renaming ceremony or whatever it was (I was a kid, I barely remember it), and she had to make confession before her baptism.  She went into the confessional and emerged a moment later, at which point my Mother stated under her breath, "She can't possibly have confessed everything she's done in that little time!"
Ah, it is a true joy to be Lutheran , also known as Catholic Lite.  No confessions, no saying prayers as punishment (can't quite grasp the concept) and a direct line to the big guy, no intervening saints required. :D

vixmom

« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2005, 12:05:41 PM »

Note to DR vixmom - All the titles you ordered today could have been ordered - and maybe you still can if they have not been processed on Amazon - from this here site.  Just click on the link that appears on the first page of haineshisway.com.

ok I canceled my Amazon order.  What link am I to click here? ???

vixmom

« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2005, 12:07:59 PM »

Ok DR friends,  I was buying the Kritzer Trilogy in paperback, Writer's Block in paperback and the Special Edition First Nudie Musical DVD from Amazon.  I have cancelled thatorder, now how do I buy them from this site?

Ben

« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2005, 12:09:01 PM »

Click on Unseemly Linkage here at the top of the page and you will see many links. You can click on links to all the Kritzer books and a link for Writer's Block and do all your purchasing.

vixmom

« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2005, 12:10:44 PM »

Click on Unseemly Linkage here at the top of the page and you will see many links. You can click on links to all the Kritzer books and a link for Writer's Block and do all your purchasing.
cool. lemme try

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2005, 12:16:33 PM »

Are there any Catholics here who could give me a little technical expertise with this book I'm writing?

What is a typical "assignment" (and what is it officially called, anyway--ablution??) that a Priest would give you after confession in terms of the number of Hail Marys and Rosaries you should say.  How would the Priest term it?

A typical penance would usually consist of asking to say/pray a certain numbers of Our Fathers, Hail Marys, etc.  There is also a standard Act of Contrition which is said in the confessional before parting.  The priest may also ask/suggest/tell you to make amends, or at least think about making amends.  Basically, at least in my experience - albeit limited - with Confession, you were given something to do immediately after leaving the confessional - i.e. saying prayers - and then something to think about and do later - i.e. doing some sort of good deed, be nice(r) to your family, make an extra donation at mass, etc.  The penance had to be something that would take some time and effort and thought, and technically would "hurt" in a sense - a sacrifice.  If Jesus could hang on the cross...

My Confessional Anecdote - I had my First Confession when I was in the fourth grade.  I was enrolled in public school at the time, and was taking CCD classes on the Naval Base in Groton, CT.  -My father was stationed at the Coast Guard Academy at the time in nearby New London, CT.  We had a series of classes leading up to the First Confession.  The origin of the Sacrament itself.  The purpose of the Sacrament.  And the "mechanics" of the Sacrament.  After a few weeks, it finally was the day for the First Confession.  So, I'm walking around the chapel building and go in the door I saw everyone else going in.  When I walk in, there's the priest sitting there in a chair with an empty chair in front of him.  It was an Open Confession - meaning face to face!  Now, we had discussed the options in class, but I has just assumed that we would have the typical kneel behing the small screen type of confession.  I guess not.  I still remember being caught off guard and extremely nervous.  Well... I did it, and it wasn't too bad.  We prayed first.  I confessed my sins - and, yes, you can talk in general terms.  I was absolved of my sins and then given my penance by the priest.  Then I walked out of the room.  Whew!

-Apparently, others were caught off guard too.  The "closed" option was available, but there was a certain time slot for that, if I'm remembering correctly.  But what was really fun and funny, was a couple of us got together after we had confessed and compared penances!  Just like in the movies!  :D

Oh, and the other sacrament you refer to is Confirmation which is basically like becoming an adult in the Catholic church.  Lots of classes/education for this one too.  The only thing I did not like was the holy oil, chrism, that was placed on my forehead (anointed).  Boy, did that stuff make me itch!  But I couldn't touch it!  At least not in church.  -Oh, and for some not so random reason, I'm remembering I got some neat gifts from my parents and sponsors, and we had a nice lunch at a favorite Chinese restaurant.

...My how the minds works...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2005, 12:18:30 PM »

DRJOSE You owe me a Coke, as we used to say.

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2005, 12:19:19 PM »

I forgot about MILDRED PIERCE! My all time favorite Joan Crawford! Why do I not have that on DVD yet??? I need to buy it.

JRand, did you know that Anne Kimbell is in HUMORESQUE? She plays John Garfield's sister (she was just a kid actress then, acting under a different name). She is also in MILDRED PIERCE somewhere.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2005, 12:21:47 PM »

I kept looking at her last night MBARNUM.....of course...Anne Kimball!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2005, 12:22:50 PM »

Ah, it is a true joy to be Lutheran , also known as Catholic Lite.  No confessions, no saying prayers as punishment (can't quite grasp the concept) and a direct line to the big guy, no intervening saints required. :D

I always thought Methodists were Catholic light?  Or at least Catholicism for lazy people.

<waiting for the thunder and lightning to strike.....>

;)

Whew... I'm not posting now as a pile of ashes, so that's good.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 12:23:29 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2005, 12:24:38 PM »

Another BK question...I just viewed the Kritzer and Haineshisway products page.  Who makes up all these T-shirts, mugs,etc. for you?  Is there an actual backstock or are they produced on demand?  Do you get a nice percentage on this stuff?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2005, 12:24:56 PM »

I may be out of Kritzerland in hardcover - but I'll order some and get them in soon.  

Charles Pogue

« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2005, 12:25:03 PM »

Another question?  Are the mugs dishwasher safe?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2005, 12:27:07 PM »

Watch out next time you put your fingers in the Holy Water, DRJOSE.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2005, 12:32:06 PM »

...I'm just baffled by what became of the warm vulnerability she displayed in Grand Hotel?...
Vulnerability and shoulder pads simply don't mix.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2005, 12:36:02 PM »

...no saying prayers as punishment (can't quite grasp the concept)....

Apparently, DR Vixmom, you've never sat through a full-court press Orthodox Yom Kippur service.  

Oh, it may not be called punishment out loud, but it sure do feel like one......
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 12:36:50 PM by Stuart »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2005, 12:36:55 PM »

LOL SWW....

That is a good question, DR CP, it would show up now and then....rarely...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up