Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRILY WE WRIG ALONG  (Read 78827 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:MERRILY WE WRIG ALONG
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2005, 10:05:47 AM »

And starring Karl Malden's Nose ... as ... the METEOR!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2005, 10:07:05 AM »

Haven't decided about an iPod yet.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2005, 10:07:11 AM »

That got us to Page Four?

I'm too stunned to dance.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2005, 10:07:45 AM »

DRPANNI - I meant to post that I do believe indeed that that is a Rooster!

It is. but I'm used to calling it a chicken. so perhaps I'll dub it a Chooster.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2005, 10:09:28 AM »

Now THAT'S a review! Someone who actually did some thinking, is not 12, has a field of reference, and can put a sentence together. And he also had something to say.
Congrats!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2005, 10:10:42 AM »

DR JMK - You may want to post a Spoiler Alert before your previous post...

I don't think I spoiled anything, did I?  Not like Charles Wright, anyway.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2005, 10:17:24 AM »

It almost WAS DRSWW....lt almost was!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2005, 10:19:52 AM »

Jennifer mentioned it the other day, but I'll mention it again since it's tonight:

The season premiere of ALIAS comes on tonight at 9 p.m. EST. It's a two hour season premiere, so set recorders accordingly if you're not going to watch live. I can't wait to see LOST and ALIAS, oth in high def.
Yipes, we're in trouble at my house!  Tonight also brings us a new Good Eats episode..."Melondrama!"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2005, 10:25:06 AM »

Chooster?!  I think those are on the counter right next to the Necco Wafers!

DRJENNIFER thanks for the link to the review.  Yes - very good.  Do you know that guy, MR BK?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2005, 10:26:25 AM »

Yipes, we're in trouble at my house!  Tonight also brings us a new Good Eats episode..."Melondrama!"

Well, at least FoodTV rebroadcasts the show again later in the evening... and throughout the week, so...

Since I'm usually working during "prime time", I usually catch the shows in their "West Coast" airings.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

And now, for our next test:  DRUMROLL

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2005, 10:27:47 AM »

Hmmm. a two-part Parrish.  What went wrong.  Let me try it again.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2005, 10:28:07 AM »

Good Davis-Crawford-Tierney choices everyone!  I haven't seen TORCH SONG for many years, maybe I can find a VHS copy somewhere.

RE: The Amazing Race - I loved the scenery, and I was sorry to lose Hera and Guy, but they ALWAYS chose the wrong challenge!  I can hardly wait until next week to see Adam in a diving suit full of air and floating on the water....LOL.....

Yes, DRJOSE I also love FLOWER DRUM SONG and watch it as often as any other R/H movie I own.  Beautiful music......  And a couple of lovely performances by Umecki and Shigeta.

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2005, 10:29:33 AM »

While you are fiddling around with Leslie Parrish, BK, don't forget my question!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

Whew, a one-part Parrish.  All is right.  Now, here is the amazing thing - forget The Amazing Race, this is the Amazing Thing:  Yesterday, Mr. Mac Man was trying to teach me to scan and get the image to my desktop.  He couldn't get it to appear there and couldn't figure out where it was going.  Well, it took awhile this morning, and I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I scanned Leslie and managed to get it to my desktop (the scanning thing is set up to preview and that's where I was getting messed up, but I somehow got around it.  All the ones he was scanning were going into some other photo program, which I'm going to have him nuke when he comes over.

JMK

« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2005, 10:34:36 AM »

RE: The Amazing Race - I loved the scenery, and I was sorry to lose Hera and Guy, but they ALWAYS chose the wrong challenge!

That's exactly what Betsy and I said last night--when they got up to the roadblock, I said, "Betcha they'll do the raft."  Just like the old couple (can't remember their names).

We HATE Jonathan.  Betsy said last night, "If he yelled at me like that, I would stop dead in my tracks and tell him, 'I'm not moving until you correct your attitude.  We will lose the race right here and now, so it's up to you.'"  As you can see, she has learned how to deal with me rather well, LOL, though I keep telling her after every episode of TAR, "See, compared to Jonathan, I'm pretty good, aren't I?"  Sometimes she even answers.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 10:36:06 AM by JMK »

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2005, 10:36:50 AM »

BK question.

I picked up the DVD of THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL this weekend and began watching it last night (had to stop in order to watch THE AMAZING RACE).

Besides Cindy Williams, what other cast members are you still in touch with from that film.

Also, what is the story behind the gal who plays Joy Full...she just cracks me up. Whatever happened to her?

(Of course some of this might be answered in the DVD commentary, but I have not yet listened to that.)

I'm not really in touch with anyone.  It is all explained in the various commentaries.  I occasionally talk to Leslie Ackerman and Cindy, of course. As you'll hear in the commentary, Joy Full (Susan Stewart) was one of my faves and I'd love to find her.  We tried everything we knew to find her for the documentary - to no avail.  I know she was a model, and she was also in the Robert Mitchum Farewell, My Lovely as an extra (dancing nude in a with another girl, if I recall).  I'm also remembering that she ended up working at A&M Records.  Her real name may be something other than Susan Stewart however.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2005, 10:37:17 AM »

How many people have wriged this morning?

JMK

« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2005, 10:40:29 AM »

I'm also remembering that she ended up working at A&M Records.  

You might want to email Leslie Pfenninger at OnAMrecords.com.  She has a special section of her website set up just for former A&M Employees and if Susan worked there, I bet you could find someone who knew her.  I believe you may have met Les at the Wechter Tribute--she wrote the massive "From Brass to Gold," the 2 volume compendium of everything the label ever released with a forward by Herb & Jerry.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2005, 10:40:48 AM »

Btw, that waterpolo guy was not really a champ was he? :)

Of course there is no accounting for what they may have edited out, but I kept thinking the same thing!

Jon cut a fine figure at the water polo game!

Of course there is no accounting for what they may have edited out, but I kept thinking the same thing!

I have to admit that this is one of those editions of TAR where I still don't have the names of the teams down as well as I should at this point.  But I was not sad to see Gus/Hera go.  And I would not be sad to see (of course) Jonathan and Victoria go either.  Unfortunately, the rest of their names are a mish-mash to me, except for Adam & Rebecca, mostly due to his silly little hair-horns.  But there is no one I am rooting for to win, at this point.  Only those I am rooting for to lose.  Not unlike a recent election.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 10:43:25 AM by Stuart »

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2005, 10:45:10 AM »

Gotta chime in on the Amazing Race talk.  JMK, I'm with Betsy on this one.  If he tried to talk to me like that, he'd find himself in a world of hurt.  What amazes me is that she actually MARRIED this guy beforehand.  I sincerely hope that this ends that marriage and she finds herself some self confidence.  Jonathan, of course, should die alone.  
I was sorry to lose Hera and Gus...but I knew they'd go for the paddle challenge...and it would screw them over.  Sad, but not surprising.  I've never been that fond of them, but I got a huge kick out of Gus getting happy over the beer and Hera having to drag him out of the pub the other week. :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 10:46:29 AM by Ann »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2005, 10:46:58 AM »

George, you have the most amazing collection of CDs! Your 1776 collection sounds like my Forum and Call Me Madam collections. I have the OBC of Forum, the London production with Frankie Howerd, the movie and the Nathan Lane revival. For CMM I have the 12 songs by Ethel, the Dinah Shore "cast recording", the Tyne Daly Encores recording, the Prism release which combines Dinah and some of Ethel on one disk along with a couple of tracks from a London production and then I did with Call Me Madam what you did with 1776, making a CD of the soundtrack using my DVD as the source. It's also longer than the recently released CD of the film soundtrack because I, too, included bits of dialogue and sometimes when it was difficult to make the cut, I just included incidental music. It was a lot of work, but I'm happy with the end result.

I have all the Forum recordings you have (London only on record, though) but I only have the Tyne Daly Madam.  I also made a soundtrack CD from the laserdisc of Scrooge.  So far, those are the only soundtracks that I've made.  The other one that I really want to do (and it's on DVD) is "The Muppet Movie."  The actual released soundtrack has different orchestrations!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2005, 10:47:03 AM »

BK, I just emailed Les and I'm sure she'll contact you if she has info on Susan Stewart.

TAR Teams:

We actually really like Rebecca, hate Adam (what a wussburger--I mean, how many times can he scream for his Mommy during challenges?  Evidently several).

Started out liking Hayden & Aaron or whatever the hell their names are, but they're starting to annoy us.

I'm finding Kendra and Freddy (?) increasingly annoying, too--especially Kendra's unbelievable comments about the "breeding" in Africa.

Jonathan & Victoria I've mentioned above.

Which leaves Kris & Jon (does anyone else think she's Britney Spears' undiscovered twin?).  They seem to be the happiest couple and consistently do well in the challenges.  They're who I'm rooting for currently.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2005, 10:48:40 AM »

Thanks, JMK- it would be great to chat with Susan again.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2005, 10:49:47 AM »

The soup...oy the soup.  I'm a fan of spicy foods, yeah, but I'm afraid I would have been wimping out if I had to eat that much of it!  ew ew ew...all the throwing up...those poor people.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2005, 10:49:59 AM »

We HATE Jonathan. .   ;D

We hates the racer Jonathans
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JMK

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2005, 10:50:10 AM »

I sincerely hope that this ends that marriage and she finds herself some self confidence.  Jonathan, of course, should die alone.  

LOL, that's pretty much what Betsy said last night, too.  We keep thinking he's gotten as bad as he can get, then he makes another quantum leap forward in horribleness.  I love when the other teams baited him during the soup challenge.  "Why don't you eat it, Jonathan?"  What a schmuck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2005, 10:56:13 AM »

I hope Jonathan realizes that after the airing of this show, no woman in her right mind would ever EVER have him.  

Sorry, I have strong feelings on this issue :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2005, 10:59:16 AM »

Scan test number two: If this works, I've got it down!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 11:02:39 AM by bk »

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2005, 11:00:03 AM »

DR Dan, the one thing about Mr. Yellow (Jonathan) is that he can be so nice as well.  That throws me off.  Cause he's not just a little nice.  When he's nice, he is nicer than most.  He helped Freddie, he gave the old people money (grandparents), he played so lovingly with the african children.  It just defies logic that he could be so abusive on tv.  His bad mode is pretty bad.  I mean he knows he's on tv.  So you'd think he'd try to tone it down.

Also, unlike last season, I don't think this is the editing.  When he's yelling at his wife, it's pretty clear that they are not taking things out of context or order.  I'd like to hear more about how he feels about his editing.  I may check out some of the reality tv sites.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up