Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG MOVE PART ONE  (Read 4596 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE BIG MOVE PART ONE
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 07:57:45 AM »

The shelves are blocked and the animals in carriers.  I'm taking a bath.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 07:58:19 AM »

Page 2 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:32 AM »

Latest harassment development, with a new permutation: 

Actress Bijou Phillips has apologized (and it really seems like a sincere apology) for her abusive and apparently homophobic treatment of her co-star Daniel Franzese, which occurred when she was either 19 or 20.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/13/bijou-phillips-apologizes-mean-girls-star-daniel-franzese-gay-shaming-assault/

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:23:48 AM by FJL »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »

Guess what stupid ass left one shelf open?  While I was in the bath, Thatch escaped and is under another set of bookshelves.  I'm letting Annabelle deal with it.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  The birthday boy (Richard) and I are going to see Murder on the Orient Express this afternoon and then to one of his burger joints for an early dinner.  We had a nice birthday breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and pineapple/cherry cobbler.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 08:52:40 AM »

Guess what stupid ass left one shelf open?  While I was in the bath, Thatch escaped and is under another set of bookshelves.  I'm letting Annabelle deal with it.

Oy!

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  The birthday boy (Richard) and I are going to see Murder on the Orient Express this afternoon and then to one of his burger joints for an early dinner.  We had a nice birthday breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and pineapple/cherry cobbler.

Happy birthday wishes to the birthday boy!

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 08:59:39 AM »

I have just left a terse voicemail for the manager of the business office at Mom's retirement community, wondering what it takes to get someone from there to return a phone call.  I've been trying, off and on, to reach them since August 22.  They have totally alienated a couple (Richard and me) who are part of their target market, baby boomers.  I had no qualms with the care Mom received, but their business office instills NO confidence and that's a deal-breaker.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 09:00:32 AM »

Happy birthday wishes to the birthday boy!

Thank you, DR ChasSmith!  Remember our celebration 4 years ago at Artie's?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:05:53 AM by Ginny »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2017, 09:05:26 AM »

Happy Birthday to Richard!

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 09:06:09 AM »

Happy Birthday to Richard!

Thanks, DR Elmore!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2017, 09:07:23 AM »

Rather than pursuing Thatch, as is her want, Annabelle decide to help me pay bills.  As soon as I opened the drawer for stamps and return labels, she jumped into the shelf and into the recesses of the chest.  I had to remove the drawers to release her.

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »

DR Elmore, you certainly have your hands full!  Hope it works out...

FJL

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 09:26:04 AM »

Happy birthday to Ginny's dear husband Richard!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »

I kind of suspected this would happen ;D 

Jane

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2017, 09:29:50 AM »

Rather than pursuing Thatch, as is her want, Annabelle decide to help me pay bills.  As soon as I opened the drawer for stamps and return labels, she jumped into the shelf and into the recesses of the chest.  I had to remove the drawers to release her.

This is very good news, progress :)

FJL

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 09:32:22 AM »

QUESTIONABLE TASTE ALERT

CNN ran this quip from Saturday Night Live the other night:  “Well, it’s a good weekend to stay inside, since it’s 20 degrees out, and everyone you’ve ever heard of is a sex monster.”

Jane

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »

Oh my ;D

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 09:36:37 AM »

Happy birthday to Ginny's dear husband Richard!!!

Thank you, DR FJL!

Jane

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 09:38:26 AM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2017, 10:09:01 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - eight hours of sleep, maybe a bit more.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2017, 10:19:50 AM »

Moving is very difficult, especially moving cross country.  At least all of the company moves hired packers for us, and we were able to continue doing so with our last two moves.  Of course hiring has its own issues, such as missing items and things crammed into boxes that should have been done with more care.

This move wasn't as large as most of our cross country moves.  To begin with we didn't have children, pets, only 1 car, and we got rid of most of our books.  We did major downsizing first.

Most moves have had issues.  This move we were very concerned they would not show up as promised, something that has happened twice.  At least they showed but late in the day instead of the morning.

All but the last two moves for for Keith's work, which meant prior to the move he was in one state while I was in another.  That was always very difficult.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »

Happy Birthday, Richard!

Getting a return call vibes for DR GINNY!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2017, 10:39:57 AM »

Great notes.....I got tired just reading them.

Continued REHEARSAL and MOVING VIBES for MR BK.

It sounds very exciting and NEW!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2017, 10:41:59 AM »

Here is the website for DR WHO NORTH AMERICA THE STORE if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.whona.com/

I have never been in there....it is in a nice building that for years was a Fur Coat Store.....very FANCY......   They do mail orders....I think all orders ship for $5....and they have Dr Who Paper Dolls!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2017, 10:42:22 AM »

I will be interested to hear DR GINNY's opinion of ...Orient Express.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2017, 10:44:55 AM »

TOD:
Most of our moves took place when I in grade school or junior high, so I mostly sat at our Grandparents while the grown ups did the work.   A lot of stuff.....kid's stuff.....was always left when we moved....so that was a drawback.

When we moved to this house in 1971....house built in 1959, we are the second owners....my brother with whom I lived had just gotten married.....so I was combining my household with my family's and that was a pretty horrifying and LONG and heavy move.....it took a few days.  Family and friends helped....but it was tortuous.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »

When my sister and I went to WalMart and Dollar Tree this morning, we heard lots of sirens.  We were on the way home and saw a LOT of black smoke billowing up from Heartland Estates....and huge tract of McMansions.....

So of course, we drove over there to see if we could help....although if we were asked we could say we had ice cream in the car....BUT one house was blazing....people were running all around....there were five fire trucks fighting the blaze.  People on the next street were evacuating their own homes.  We saw some folks pushing folks in wheel chairs toward cars, and other folks were carrying out pets in cages and carriers.

The news reports that it was natural gas explosion.....

We got out of there after rubber necking a bit.  That may be an Indiana thing - but if something is happening, we need to go look.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »

A small sampling of our first and worst move.

I was alone with an almost 2 year old and 2 cats while Keith was driving the dogs to New Jersey.

Only 2 packers were sent to pack us in one day.  They worked until 4:00 in the morning.

Next day the driver was upset because the salesman had lied to us regarding what he could put on the truck as well as our expected delivery date.

The driver was so fed up he quit half way through the drive without telling anyone where he left the moving truck.

For over two weeks we had no idea where the trucks was and if everything was lost to us.  They had my car and I could not go anywhere doing the day. 

Our realtor gave us blankets and pillows, a neighbor lent us a tv and borrowed some toys for Bryan.  Most of the neighbors didn't know we had moved in not having seen a moving truck or we might have had additional help, such as someone getting me diapers when I ran out of them (I used cloth & they were on the truck). 

Jane

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »

Imagine a day with no diapers.  That was the day I called the company and said they needed to rent me a car.  I was told I did not qualify because my husband had a car.  After arguing it was a company car and used to take him to work.  The man still refused to get me a car.  When I had to speak to someone higher up he responded "Only God is higher than I am".  That is when I went ballistic.

Keith called the company and asked to speak to God.  That night we picked up a rental for me, after he stopped for diapers on the way home.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up