Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG MOVE PART ONE  (Read 4641 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE BIG MOVE PART ONE
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2017, 03:28:52 PM »

Elevator vibes for Larry. I can't believe that the management company gets away with this.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2017, 03:33:50 PM »

I stopped at Trader Joe's today. I didn't see any apple pie and asked about it. I was told that they've lost one of their bakers. They managed to obtain lots of pumpkin pie. They did have an apple tart and I'll be giving that a try this year.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2017, 03:34:21 PM »

TTFN.

ChasSmith

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2017, 03:39:50 PM »

Monday morning greetings!  The birthday boy (Richard) and I are going to see Murder on the Orient Express this afternoon and then to one of his burger joints for an early dinner.  We had a nice birthday breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and pineapple/cherry cobbler.

Happy birthday wishes to the birthday boy!

Thank you, DR ChasSmith!  Remember our celebration 4 years ago at Artie's?

YES!, I remember it very well.  It was my first time in Artie's, my first time to meet DR & DH Ginny and Richard, and my first time to meet DR vixmom.  DRs Ben and FJL were there, and I think Jose showed up at some point, as is his wont.  It was quite cold and windy that night.  I'd brought down some Stew Leonard's pumpkin raisin cookies which I believe DRs Elmore and Ben shared.  The pastrami and the company were wonderful.  I walked with DR Elmore back to his front door, my first time to see which building was his.  Good lord, now that seems like a century ago!  :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2017, 03:45:14 PM »

I stopped at Trader Joe's today. I didn't see any apple pie and asked about it. I was told that they've lost one of their bakers. They managed to obtain lots of pumpkin pie. They did have an apple tart and I'll be giving that a try this year.

Oh my.  I wonder if that was a local situation, or national.

I'll be checking in on Trader Joe's at least twice in the coming week.  We buy our Thanksgiving turkeys there now, and quite a few of the accoutrements.  That big shopping trip will be over the weekend.  I also want to stock up on several bottles of their Triple Ginger Brew and a few other seasonal things.

ChasSmith

« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

Here is the website for DR WHO NORTH AMERICA THE STORE if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.whona.com/

I have never been in there....it is in a nice building that for years was a Fur Coat Store.....very FANCY......   They do mail orders....I think all orders ship for $5....and they have Dr Who Paper Dolls!

Please, try to control yourself, DR Jrand67.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2017, 04:05:51 PM »

The movers in our first Michigan stay did not show on delivery day.  Thanks goodness they arrived the next day.  They said their truck broke down but someone let it slip they were just out drinking and couldn't drive the next day.

Well, it's a good thing that they at least didn't try to drive while drinking. :-\

Or hungover.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2017, 04:07:49 PM »

I think Jane wins the prize for Worst Move and also for Worst Move in a Series.

And I thought some of mine were bad.

Not a series.  The move following the worst move was probably the best.  Next one ok, one after that with the drunks and there was a bit of damage.  There was damage on this move to.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »

The best move was done by a family crew.  It was only from Oakland, NJ to Acton, MA under 4 hours.  This nice family of men took the truck and stopped part way to sleep at the family home until it was time to deliver our truck.  Yes, they were on time and I believe everything arrived in good condition and nothing was missing.

KevinH

« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »

DR Jane-- what a horrible story! 

KevinH

« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2017, 05:07:38 PM »

TOD:  when I moved from Buffalo to Arlington, VA (temporarily) I had all my needed belongings in my 1971 Impala.  Moving from my apartment to my condo was relatively easy too.  Friends helped me.  I didn't have much furniture at the time, so that helped.

KevinH

« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2017, 05:08:27 PM »

Happy Birthday to DH Richard!

Jane

« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »

DR Jane-- what a horrible story! 

I wish that was the worse thing that has even happened to me ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2017, 06:10:39 PM »

I shall try DR CHAS SMITH....I shall try.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »

Thank you from Richard for the birthday wishes, DRs:

Jane
JRand
John G
George
Jeanne
KevinH
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2017, 06:31:47 PM »

Well, I must now be off.  I have to run some errands out in the cold, rainy, windy weather. :P

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2017, 07:01:17 PM »

And here's tonight's drama.  Around 8:00 I noticed that Thatch's dinner which I'd left at the bookshelf entry was untouched.  Since he gobbles food, this concerned me, so I spent some time trying to find him under the shelves.  What I did find horrified me: a lot of boric acid and roach and bedbug poison that had been sitting under those shelves since the bedbug infestation of 2008.  All I could think is, if this hasn't already killed him, it will soon.  So, Annabelle and I had our ice cream ad I decided I'd better find him.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2017, 07:04:40 PM »

And I did.  He had moved down to another bookshelf after his afternoon hissing and spitting with Annabelle.  But . . . I knew the magic power of the Purina Kitty Party Mix, and I lured him out with a handful.  When I tried to grab him before he could escape back under the shelf, he clawed the shit out of my hand, drawing a lot of blood in three wounds and he escaped my clutches.  But he ran into the room and not back under the shel, so as soon as I took care of my hand, Annabelle ad I went kitty hunting.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2017, 07:09:29 PM »

She found him trying to get back under the shelf where he had been in last weekend, but I had blocked the entry.  Annabelle jumped him and they actually fought.  Claws were bared, they rolled around, they screamed at each other, fur flew, and I thought, this has been coming so maybe this will break the ice.  When they separated after the third round I carried Annabelle off, and approached Thatch, speaking very softly and offering him more party mix.  When I got my hands on him, I carried him to the carrier, set him inside, and took the carrier back to the bathroom.  He was covered in the poison and little clouds of dust were flying from him. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:35:46 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2017, 07:14:40 PM »

In the bathroom, I fed him as I filled the bathtub with warm water and pulled a big fuzzy towel from the rack.  He's going to start avoiding my touch because when I picked him up this time, I tossed him into the bathtub and sloshed him around in the water to get the poison off his fur.  Then I wrapped him in the towel and held him while I rubbed him down.  I'm hoping the shit under the shelf hasn't dome any damage, so I'll keep an eye on him tonight.  Tomorrow I will seriously vacuum under those shelves, just in case.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2017, 07:16:47 PM »

Scary cat tales, Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2017, 07:34:25 PM »

Annabelle has found the large paper bag from the Friday Chinese food delivery.  She's having fun.  Thatch is still damp but he's lying on a little rug of heavy knitted yarn in his carrier in a very warm bathroom.  He was purring while I petted him, so I guess he's forgiven me.  I cannot wait for official cat photographer ChasSmith to take some photos.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2017, 07:36:09 PM »

Scary cat tales, Elmore.

Welcome to my nightmare!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2017, 07:38:06 PM »

Vibes and more vibes that little Thatch has no ill effects
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2017, 07:43:44 PM »

OMG DR Elmore that is horrifying.  Vibes for Kitty Thatch.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John G.

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »

Watching the latest Poldark. As we get near the end of the season, the ugliness is ratcheting up.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2017, 08:00:54 PM »

Good evening.

I didn't do a single thing today. It was great.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »

Such feline drama, Elmore. I hope it all settles soon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2017, 08:18:06 PM »

Let’s move on.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up