Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: I, POD  (Read 81992 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I, POD
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2005, 10:29:47 PM »

No, Promises was not limited.  But Ryko gave up and so the CD is out of print, as is Sugar.  

Where did our late-night denizens go to?  Just a few short nights ago the joint was jumpin' every night.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2005, 10:37:31 PM »

No, Promises was not limited.  But Ryko gave up and so the CD is out of print, as is Sugar.  

Where did our late-night denizens go to?  Just a few short nights ago the joint was jumpin' every night.

You mean I missed out on adding SUGAR to my CD collection?!?!?

Well...

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2005, 10:40:47 PM »

Yes, you did, you sleeping boy.  And it's great-sounding.  I think Promises sounds good, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #273 on: January 13, 2005, 10:42:26 PM »

I think I'm in the mood for a nice long hot shower and I shall let the water wash away all things that need washing away.  I'm not speaking of dirt, either, I'm speaking of tension and the clearing of the mind.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2005, 10:45:05 PM »

Where oh where have our late-night denizens gone?  It isn't even eleven yet.

What is iChat?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2005, 11:09:35 PM »

iChat is AIM for a mac...you can access your buddy list with it.  I use it instead of downloading AIM.  But then, I don't use AOL

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2005, 11:21:12 PM »

Well, iJose, am very tired.  Strangely tired at this relatively early iHour - well, early for iMe.  And iI think I'm dealing with some iAcid reflux right now.  iYuck!  I have some iPepcid, and I'll guess I'll take iOne before heading to iBed.

So, iI bid all you iDRs, iAdieu.

Good iNight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2005, 11:25:14 PM »

I never did get to shower earlier today when I posted that I was going to shower. NOW I'm going to shower. I think washing away tensions and clearing my mind is an excellent idea and I shall do it. (Plus - I reek of garlic of which I ate copious amounts at dinner.)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2005, 11:37:12 PM »

If a hot shower could wash away my tensions and problems, I'd be living permanently in the shower.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2005, 11:37:28 PM »

Had a marvy shower and have washed away all that needed washing away.  Made another major decision (I think - I keep changing my mind) - I do think well in the shower.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2005, 11:42:47 PM »

a major decision?  care to share?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2005, 11:44:51 PM »

Not for another eight or nine months.  A book decision.  I keep making them, then changing my mind.  I've been avoiding this decision like the plague, in the same way I avoided what became the major plotlines of both Kritzerland and Kritzer Time.  In the end, I knew that's what I had to write, and I think I've finally come to that conclusion in terms of the story line of this new thing.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2005, 11:58:11 PM »

I have read the notes, but have not read any of the posts...I won't be able to catch up before the posting of the new notes.  I just wanted to get in at least one post today.  WARNING, RANT AHEAD:

At work we finally had a bit of access to the REAL new computer system!  Four of the five people in my department got together for several hours today and went through several processes, trying to figure out some things.  What we found out mostly is that we STILL can't do some things!  Our computer people have tried to fix some of the problems, but they haven't been able to fix everything.  They've had to call the computer people from the company that designed the computer system to get some things fixed.  Damn them.  Damn them all to hell!  Why can't the programmers just get the darned thing right the first time?  How difficult is that??  Aaarrrggghhh! >:(

Okay, rant over. ;D  As it turns out, Friday (tomorrow) is the last work day before we totally go live with the new system on Tuesday and the old system is completely gone for good!  After that, it will be what it really will be (not quite a "Que Sera, Sera" reference...but almost).  Actually, today we were able to do a few things that seemed to happened the way they're supposed to work, but we still have a ways to go before the system will be completely right.  So that will be our day tomorrow.  Trying to find out what works and what doesn't...whether it's the way we want it to work that way or not, just as long as something works. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up