Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN EBAY WAS YOUNG  (Read 4279 times)

KevinH

Re: WHEN EBAY WAS YOUNG
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2018, 06:41:53 AM »

Good morning!

KevinH

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2018, 06:42:03 AM »

Page 2!

KevinH

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2018, 06:42:31 AM »

DR elmore:  I'm so relieved that Annabelle's safe and sound!

KevinH

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2018, 06:42:51 AM »

Thanks for the good wishes, DR Jeanne!

KevinH

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2018, 06:44:02 AM »

Just watched a segment on CBS Sunday Morning about Gilda Radner.  She was so great.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2018, 06:47:00 AM »

Okay, I’m looking at the pictures I took on October 12th (I saw her that soon??) and she does look younger. Oh my!  :)

I can't remember if you or my neighbor Judy took this photo, but this is one of the earliest photos of her.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2018, 06:51:40 AM »

Thanks, DR KevinH, and thank you all last night who sent positive vibes!  I cannot believe how strongly the fear of losing her overtook me last night. By 6:00 I had posted a flyer in the lobby and put a lost cast notice on Craig's List.  I was a mess.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2018, 07:11:40 AM »

Okay, I’m looking at the pictures I took on October 12th (I saw her that soon??) and she does look younger. Oh my!  :)

I can't remember if you or my neighbor Judy took this photo, but this is one of the earliest photos of her.

That would be hers. I remember you posting those and maybe a couple of others before I got down there. My Oct. 12th ones all of her on the chair with the red cushion.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2018, 07:24:55 AM »

That would be hers. I remember you posting those and maybe a couple of others before I got down there. My Oct. 12th ones all of her on the chair with the red cushion.

I will never know how she ended up a stray on the streets.  Did she run away? did her stupid owners dump her? Did they move and leave her behind?  All I know is that on my birthday Sept. 19, she entered the New York Animal Control Center killing factory, was given an ID number, photographed, and neutered the next day.  If K9Kastle had not rescued her shortly after that, she could have been euthanized by Sept. 26.  This was her mug shot.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:39:51 AM by elmore3003 »

ChasSmith

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2018, 07:30:51 AM »

Today I'm going along with Kristi to the Martime Aquarium in Norwalk where she's been volunteering off and on for years. They've begun certain renovations which are going to result in some big changes over the next year, and both of us tend to be sentimental about things like that so I'm going to take a bunch of pictures of the place.

It's funny how certain spaces will do that to you. Not to everyone, but to some of us. It's not unlike neighborhoods, restaurants, theaters, and all the rest. So many people don't respond to this kind of thing. I do, in spades. Always have, though I wasn't sufficiently aware of it in earlier years.

Speaking of theaters, the elephant in the room has been that the Aquarium's original IMAX theater, one of the few 70mm ones left, will also be leaving us by next fall. It must be demolished to make way for the railroad bridge that will replace the century-old one carrying the commuter New Haven Line. IMAX will replace the theater with their latest and greatest, but it will have to be built at the other end of the Aquarium, and of course there will be no chance of them retaining the film capability. So I'll go in and see one of their nature features or whatever they're showing today, and will revisit it as much as I can over the months.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:32:53 AM by ChasSmith »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2018, 07:31:28 AM »

October 5, a week before you.

ChasSmith

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2018, 07:33:58 AM »

Yep. And maybe you posted it, but I don't remember seeing the mug shot before.

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2018, 07:52:23 AM »

Here it is. Click to enlarge. You can (almost) see the elevated tracks running to the left. The bridge that has to be replaced is off to the right. The tracks actually bisect the Aquarium complex. Right now you walk through a little tunnel to go from the main part of the facility to the theater. This theater is a magnificent structure and it's heartbreaking to know we're going to lose it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:42:19 AM by ChasSmith »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »

Happy anniversary to Elmore and Annabelle...I am so glad your missing Annabelle story had a happy ending
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2018, 08:14:45 AM »

I am sure she broke the flower vase to keep you from getting overly sentimental
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2018, 08:45:04 AM »

I'm glad that Annabelle was found!

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2018, 09:22:13 AM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  It's another beautiful day here in SW Ohio and Richard and I are about to walk over to see what the "Moving Sale" at Julie's house is all about.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2018, 09:23:32 AM »

DR Elmore, I'm so glad Annabelle didn't make you worry about her any longer last night - happy anniversary to you both!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2018, 09:37:35 AM »

This has become my favorite photo of Brett Kavanaugh.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2018, 09:39:30 AM »

DR Elmore, I'm so glad Annabelle didn't make you worry about her any longer last night - happy anniversary to you both!

She's behaving quite nicely today and I think I've discovered her new hideout.  I've also discovered that Thatch knows certain  words:  his name, daddy, treat, nap.  My children are brilliant.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2018, 10:53:57 AM »

DR George I love the photo of you and your dear sister.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2018, 10:54:29 AM »

Nice one of you with Luke.  It appears you have lost more weight.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2018, 10:57:17 AM »

Except for the extreme pain I am glad your sister is home recovering.  Who takes care of her after these surgeries?

VIBES SHE WILL NOT NEED ANYMORE AND WILL BE PAIN FREE!

Jane

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »

Birdy Barnum and I are listening to Chet Baker.  It took him three songs to get into it....but now he is singing along with the trumpet.....

DR JEANNE....I dance and he watches askance.....

;D :)

Jane

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2018, 10:59:43 AM »

Matinee today at 1 p.m.  Don't know about the size of the audience - but theatre is NOT a daytime activity.

Closing day....I shall miss everyone and everything - except the daily drive to and from....

I am glad you have enjoyed doing this show, except for the rude dresser.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2018, 11:02:14 AM »

Thanks, DR KevinH, and thank you all last night who sent positive vibes!  I cannot believe how strongly the fear of losing her overtook me last night. By 6:00 I had posted a flyer in the lobby and put a lost cast notice on Craig's List.  I was a mess.

I know the feeling and sadly once we never found our pet.  All the many other times we had happy endings.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »

Here it is. Click to enlarge. You can (almost) see the elevated tracks running to the left. The bridge that has to be replaced is off to the right. The tracks actually bisect the Aquarium complex. Right now you walk through a little tunnel to go from the main part of the facility to the theater. This theater is a magnificent structure and it's heartbreaking to know we're going to lose it.

I am sorry.

Jane

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2018, 11:04:36 AM »

Happy 1st anniversary to DR elmore and Annabelle.

Where is her new favorite hideout?

ChasSmith

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »

Greetings from the Maritime Aquarium, where I am enjoying a delightful li’l repast in the Cascade Cafe. I shall make my way down to the IMAX in a bit to see the latest nature flick, “Backyard Wilderness”, that has quickly garnered some awards.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2018, 12:53:48 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - just about nine hours of sleep.  Starting tonight I go to bed by one at the latest.  I've caught up on sleep and I can't sleep in like this again until A Carol Christmas opens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up