Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TITLE OF THE NOTES IS  (Read 14559 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE TITLE OF THE NOTES IS
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2005, 02:44:12 PM »

OHH!!!!!

Preeeeeeee-senting....

PAGE FOUR!!!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2005, 02:45:08 PM »

Whew!

My work here is done for now.  Now I must get back to my work "here".

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2005, 02:46:53 PM »

Yves Montand was NOT the first Francophone to play the role of Marc Chabot. Louis Jordan played him in the pre-Broadway engagement of On a Clear Day...in Boston. Also the plot for the film version was altered by Lerner, Dropping many songs and characters. Sort of like what he did to Paint Your Wagon.

The three musical numbers that were dropped from the film were Wait Till We're 65. Very obvious where it was cut. Who Is There Amoung Us Who Knows. Never quite sure where it went, but I suspect the scene where Nicholson plays the Sitar.

There was also a number called ESP for which I never heard a recording of and only seen a few stills from. The number would have should all of Daisy's past incarnation and future ones.

Too bad Paramount did show any of the cut #s. They may have sold more copies.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2005, 02:48:52 PM »

Oscar memories?
I wasn;t there, but seen film footage of Hattie McDaniel's scripted accepted speed about being a credited to her race.
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2005, 03:02:47 PM »

One Oscar moment I remember is when David Letterman talked about (as a bit) Oprah Winfree and Uma Thurman:  Oprah...Uma.  Uma...Oprah. :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 03:03:19 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2005, 03:34:56 PM »

OH!  And as of yesterday, I will be back at the New Harmony Theatre this summer!  I will be the Musical Director and pianist for their production of As Thousand Cheer.  -Whose cast recording was produced by our very own BK!

DR Jose - Evansville is just a nice weekend trip from where I live.  I've become quite fond of the As Thousands Cheer cast recording produced by our very own BK, so maybe my DH Richard and I could take a little excursion to see the show when you're there!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2005, 03:48:20 PM »

Is this a slow newsday here at haineshisway.com?

Is the food of the day COOKIES?  Have we heard enough about the COOKIES you hainsies/kimlets have eaten?  I should think not.

Do we have a topic of the day?  Have we had enough postings about it?  I should think not.

BLATHER!

Danise

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2005, 03:48:32 PM »

Oh, oh, oh!  Nice to know there is lots of work in your future, DR Jose!

I’m sorry to hear that your not feeling well DR Elmore.  Good health vibes your way.  

I wanted to say that I remember seeing Shock Treatment but don’t remember to many details about it.  I don’t think it was as good as Rocky Horror was.  

I have many memories of Rocky Horror.  The toast, the rice, the newspaper, the lighter and the TP (Scott’s brand, of course).  All necessary equipment for going to see the movie.  And my Mom asking what did we DO with that stuff at a movie theater?   Ahhh, little did she know…..

I’m sorry but I didn’t have any cookies today but I love chocolate chip with either walnuts or pecans.  YUM!

Since I don’t bother watching the Oscars, I can’t tell you about any moments that are special to me either.  

SWW, I think I shall also sick to beef, chicken and pork.  

So DR George, just WHO is Michael Ball??????    ;)

Hey, that should be the title of the day--Who is Michael Ball?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 03:49:53 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2005, 03:52:27 PM »

DR Jose - Evansville is just a nice weekend trip from where I live.  I've become quite fond of the As Thousands Cheer cast recording produced by our very own BK, so maybe my DH Richard and I could take a little excursion to see the show when you're there!

Well... Actually, we're housed and rehearse on the campus of the University of Southern Indiana (great facilities!), and we perform over in New Harmony, Indiana, which is about 30 minutes away.

It truly is an idyllic town.  It was founded as a Utopian society (which failed - twice, I believe), and then became a sort of intellectual clearing house and retreat.  There is an outdoor church there as well as two labyrinths - one garden, one stone path.  It's right on the banks of the Wabash and you can literally walk across the bridge into Illinois.  And the Golden Rain Trees are beautiful.

I've done two seasons there, and I'm looking forward to going back.

If you do want to plan a weekend getaway, New Harmony has a wonderful spa/hotel, as well as some B&Bs.  If you want something more rustic, you can also camp out or rent cabins nearby.

For more info on the theatre, check out:

http://www.usi.edu/nht/

And for more info on New Harmony, check out:

http://www.newharmony.org/

And I believe there are theatre/hotel/spa packages available too.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 03:54:51 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2005, 04:00:23 PM »

Finely got around to watching the Karate Kid III.  Funny how your mind plays tricks on you.  Remember when said I saw the first DVD and I said the ending wasn't the way I remembered it?  

Now I know why.  I had the third ending mixed up with the first one.

I'm getting set to watch POTO.  The Robert Englund version.  Does anyone know if there was a sound track to it?  If I recall correctly, there is one song that I would really like to have.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2005, 04:04:44 PM »

Oscar Moments...

Well, I missed the whole Rob Lowe-Snow White debacle - I think I was playing Passion at the time - or some other show.  ??  But I did hear about it, and people still refer to it, but I've never seen it.  Is there a clip somewhere on the net?

I, too, miss the Debbie Allen dance craptaculars.  Get a whole bunch of theatre people in room watching the Oscars; add a Debbie Allen dance number, and... MAGIC TIME!

The Oscar telecast I remember the most was the one the year that "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was nominated.  I was working in Ft. Myers, FL, at the time, and the cast and crew knew how to throw an Oscar party!  I even came in third in the Oscar pool!  And the hostess' house also had a swimming pool, perfect for post-Oscar dip.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2005, 04:07:33 PM »

Cookies...

I still have some Newman's Own Ginger Crémes left in the kitchen.  Like a ginger snap Oreo.

However, I may be making some cookies with my nephew, John Michael, tomorrow.  He's a very good helper.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2005, 04:14:17 PM »

ELMORE GOOD, GOOD HEALTH VIBES!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 04:14:59 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2005, 04:20:16 PM »

I stumbled across this handy little device for the kitchen while surfing.  Problem is, it doesn't go with my own kitchen: wrong color.   :'(

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2005, 04:32:57 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Watching It Happened to Jane.  Not so hot, but it does have Ernie Kovacks in a bad bald cap, and Gene Rayburn, and Dave Garroway and Bill Cullen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2005, 04:34:18 PM »

BLATHER!

In a mere ninety minutes I'll be watching Red Menace at a neighbor's house.  For some reason I thought the buffet supper was before the movie, but it's after.  I can't imagine Red Menace is too long, though.  Hopefully I'll be home by nine-thirty, so I can go in the Jacuzzi.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2005, 04:36:26 PM »

Ann would you like to find a job closer to home or would you prefer to stay in Tacoma?  How long a drive is it between the two locations?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2005, 04:42:10 PM »

Red Menace......

This morning I saw one weird movie on Showtime.  It starred Jennifer Jones and Holly Near and Jordan Christopher.  It was CULT OF THE DAMNED aka ANGEL ANGEL DOWN WE GO.  Whew!  Jennifer Jones died in the movie.  And she claimed to be 45 years old (in 1969) - she was actually 50 years old...so it wasn't MUCH of a stretch.  Her daughter's name in the movie was Tara Nicole and she kept talking about how much she loved the movie GONE WITH THE WIND.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2005, 04:43:53 PM »

I too am upset about the copyright extension law.

But then I think - if anyone is going to make money from a novel or movie why should it be strangers and not descendents of the original creator?

And do we need a lot more PD versions of music, videos, and dvds?  I don't have the answer.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2005, 04:44:16 PM »

If we weren't having such a slow news day here at haineshisway.com, we would probably have reached our new plateau by tomorrow.  Still could happen if some people would get off their butt cheeks and get some postin' goin' on.  Otherwise, Monday will be the day.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2005, 04:44:52 PM »

Has Ann caught up?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2005, 04:44:54 PM »

Jane - the drive between Tacoma and Ellensburg is just about 130 miles.  During good weather that's a fairly quick drive, just under two hours.  During bad weather it gets a bit longer, because you have to drive over Snoqualmie Pass, which can get icy and snowy.  This winter has been disturbingly mild though, so we've had no driving problems whatsoever.

I'm not even looking at jobs over here in eburg.  I've become accustomed to life on the west side of the state, and I'd prefer to stay there.  Ideally I'd like to stay in Tacoma, but anywhere in the nearby area would suit me just fine.  

Eastern and Western Washington are extraordinarily different, in terms of culture, climate, and popluation.  In fact I heard just the other day on NPR that people in Spokane are trying to get our President to declare Eastern Washington a state unto itself.  Imagine, having 51 states...what would we do with the flag??

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2005, 04:45:32 PM »

And where is that dashing and dapper Marc Chapeaux?

Oh, and note to Marc Chapeaux: The knockoff Ray Courts show is next weekend.  I'm so there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2005, 04:45:53 PM »

BLATHER!  COOKIES!  MAMBO!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2005, 04:45:59 PM »

Our dog is asleep on the living room couch...I can hear him snoring very loudly.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2005, 04:50:54 PM »

Is the knock off at the Beverly Crank?

Is there a website for it? :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 04:51:18 PM by JRand54 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2005, 04:52:21 PM »

It's the voodoo, I tells ya, it's the voodoo.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2005, 04:56:28 PM »

One Oscar moment I remember is when David Letterman talked about (as a bit) Oprah Winfree and Uma Thurman:  Oprah...Uma.  Uma...Oprah. :P

:P is right.  That was so stupid!

One of my all time favorite Oscar moments was when Roberto Begnini won for best actor. ;D

Jane

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2005, 05:13:42 PM »

Ann are your sugar gliders with you?

Southern Oregon and the very Northern part of California attempted to become the state of Jefferson.

Jefferson is located in the mountain border region of what has more commonly been known as northern California and southern Oregon.

The concept of an individual state formed from the joining of northern California and southern Oregon has existed since the 1850's. The most notable event in the history of the region was the secession movement of 1941 which was begun primarily to draw attention to the need of good roads and bridges into the back country to access vital mineral and timber resources for defense related purposes before the United States was drawn into WWII.

Jefferson would have been the 49th state but the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the ensuing war diverted the nation's attention away from Jefferson long enough for most people to forget about the mountain border counties once again.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 05:14:24 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2005, 05:16:52 PM »

I have Zoo animal crackers I had shipped to me and Ginger jump-ups from Zingerman’s in Ann Arbor.

Jose I always considered myself a bit obsessed with food from my travels, but next to you I’m an amateur.   ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up