Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINNISH LINE  (Read 3589 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE FINNISH LINE
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2019, 06:08:54 PM »

Also a friend from high school, elementary & jr high for Keith, drove an hour to meet us for lunch. She lives in the US but was staying with a sister who lives in England.  Up until a few years ago she didn't even know she had a sister.  It is great they have become close.

That's cool...and kind of sad that she didn't know that she had a sister after all this time.

She was rather shocked when she found out.  Her older sister knew about her.

That's kind of like what happened to my mom.  Her father left when she was a baby and went on to have another family.  Her younger half-brother somehow knew about her and eventually contacted her a couple of years ago.  My mom only knew that her father had left, and nothing else.  She was apprehensive about meeting him, but when he came here and they got to know each other, she was really glad that they did meet.  But she never knew, and was the older of all her other siblings.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2019, 06:09:07 PM »

Wyresdale Hall built in 1856.

Great picture, Jane.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2019, 06:10:19 PM »

And now, I need to leave work and go to my sister's.  I have to help with some chicken coop stuff. :P

Be back later.

KevinH

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2019, 06:26:34 PM »

RECOVERY VIBES for DR Kevin's brother!

Thanks, DR Jeanne!   He seems to be doing well.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2019, 06:48:30 PM »

Also a friend from high school, elementary & jr high for Keith, drove an hour to meet us for lunch. She lives in the US but was staying with a sister who lives in England.  Up until a few years ago she didn't even know she had a sister.  It is great they have become close.

That's cool...and kind of sad that she didn't know that she had a sister after all this time.

She was rather shocked when she found out.  Her older sister knew about her.

That's kind of like what happened to my mom.  Her father left when she was a baby and went on to have another family.  Her younger half-brother somehow knew about her and eventually contacted her a couple of years ago.  My mom only knew that her father had left, and nothing else.  She was apprehensive about meeting him, but when he came here and they got to know each other, she was really glad that they did meet.  But she never knew, and was the older of all her other siblings.

The older sister was a war baby and then the father returned to the States.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2019, 06:48:57 PM »

RECOVERY VIBES for DR Kevin's brother!

Thanks, DR Jeanne!   He seems to be doing well.

Excellent news.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2019, 06:49:05 PM »

Thanks DR George.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2019, 08:01:29 PM »

I've been watching the new transfer of The Shining.  I don't have 4K and I'm told that looks great - the Blu of it certainly looks better than the old Blu - in fact, some of it looks great, while certain shots seem to lack contrast - curious if the 4K is like that.

George

« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2019, 08:33:40 PM »

And now, I need to leave work and go to my sister's.  I have to help with some chicken coop stuff. :P

Be back later.

Well, I didn't go to my sister's.

George

« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »

My niece called and asked if I could come over on Saturday where there will be more time and it'll be warmer earlier in the day.  I said that that was okay.  So, I went to Costco instead and did a little shopping.  Now, I'm home and will balance my checkbook...hopefully. ;)

George

« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2019, 08:35:29 PM »

Post #100!!

George

« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2019, 08:43:10 PM »

Someone on The Manhattan Transfer's FB page posted a YouTube link to the Society of Singers tribute to Frank Sinatra from 1990!  It's the whole hour and a half show.  It's fantastic!

https://youtu.be/IBAS8SZvxv0

George

« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2019, 08:45:03 PM »

This is what FB poster wrote:

FINALLY someone uploaded the entire program of the Society of Singers tribute to Sinatra on the occasion of his 75th birthday.The lineup of talent is mind boggling: The Hi-Lo's (with Don Shelton and Clark Burroughs), Kitty Kallen, The Sentimentalists (with all of the Clark Sisters), Connie Haines backed by The Manhattan Transfer, Ella, Fran Warren, Steve and Eydie -- I could go on for days! A magnificent evening!

:D

George

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2019, 09:07:17 PM »

Not to get political, but there's always something to said for (potential) Schadenfreude.

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2019, 09:33:16 PM »

Politics aside, they should throw the bitch in jail.

George

« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2019, 09:56:30 PM »

Politics aside, they should throw the bitch in jail.

I agree!!

George

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2019, 10:32:26 PM »

My sister's boyfriend forwarded a link to this article:  Our Skulls Are Out-Evolving Us.

George

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2019, 10:32:54 PM »

:-\

George

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2019, 10:33:06 PM »

"A motley crew of scientists argue that our ever-shrinking skulls are wreaking havoc on our well-being."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2019, 10:57:29 PM »

What is this page four malarky?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2019, 11:01:42 PM »

Page four?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2019, 11:02:25 PM »

I really have not stopped today - aside from watching about forty minutes of The Shining.  New titles are already live for those who'd like to get a jump on such things.

George

« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2019, 11:28:43 PM »

CDs have been ordered!

George

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2019, 11:37:50 PM »

BK, I'm curious.  According to the CastAlbums.org listing of Kurt Weill Revisited, Vol. 2, the Painted Smiles CD release had 16 tracks, but the Kritzerland listing only shows 12 tracks.  Is that all that yours will have, or did the other tracks just not get listed on the Kritzerland page?

George

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2019, 11:48:52 PM »

I just added Kurt Weill Revisited, Vol. 2 to the CastAlbums Database:

http://castalbums.org/recordings/Kurt-Weill-Revisited-Vol-2-1981-Various-Artists/7012

George

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2019, 11:49:20 PM »

George

« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2019, 11:49:30 PM »

:)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2019, 11:50:10 PM »

The Painted Smiles CD had twelve tracks, too - just more of Mr. Bagley's complete ineptitude.  On the original LP the first tracks were combined into a medley on ONE track - on the CD he erroneously listed them as separate tracks - you'll see in our list of tracks that all the songs in that medley are one track.  Same with the final two songs - a medley that should be one track that he listed as separate tracks - that's why I'm so happy to be doing these - to correct all his crap.  I do believe by the time he did the CDs he'd completely lost any semblance of sanity he'd once had and he didn't have much to begin with.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2019, 11:50:39 PM »

Notes are written but I shall not be posting them or changing the topic without some more damn posts.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2019, 11:56:00 PM »

Good evening.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up