Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ON THE TOWN  (Read 14978 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:ON THE TOWN
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2005, 12:43:47 AM »

And now that I have Frenzied till I can't Frenzy no more...

And since I have a matinee in less than 11 hours... -I'm kind of wired now, so...?!?!!?

And since I have brought us to Page 2...

I will most likely spend Sunday night just taking it easy.  I'm starting to feel the past two weeks catching up with me.  And, like I mentioned earlier, I will most likely pop that Bollywood movie that DR MBarnum sent me last summer into the DVD player here and finally watch it.

However, Monday and Tuesday are totally open for me, and I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks again to all the DRs that made it to the show earlier tonight.  And to those DRs that were not able to be there tonight, you were there in spirit - and DR elmore even led a toast to all of you!  "Here, Here!"

And A Big Thank You - one of many - to DR PennyO for all her trust, support, encouragement, goodwill, and chutzpah!  Love you, dah-link!  See you in a few.

Goodnight.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 12:44:50 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2005, 01:08:13 AM »

Sounds like you all had a blast!

JRand54, I did not know Calder Willingham, I merely took his original idea, fleshed it out and ran with it.  If it ever got produced, it would be screenplay by me, story by Calder Willingham and me.  The project came to me from his last agent before he (Willingham, not the agent) passed away, who had gone into producing (the agent, not Willingham).  But you are right!  He is a great writer.

I forgot in mentioning my love for THE VIKINGS that I actually have three posters of the film in my TV room...one is American, one Italian, one Polish.  The Polish one is particularly exquisite...a real piece of art.  Viking is Wikingowie in Polish...The Lovely Wife and I are constantly singing "The Wikingowie, The Wikingowie, The Wikin, Wikin, Wikin, Wikingowie...to the opening horn fanfare of the Viking Theme  by Mario Nascimbene.

The Lovely Wife and I have been having a Deadwood marathon tonight, watching the first four episodes of Season One.  Pretty good stuff!

elmore, I agree about Lee Remick. Beautiful, smart, and a terrific actress on top of it all.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:14:19 AM by Charles Pogue »

Charles Pogue

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2005, 01:12:28 AM »

BK, sorry to hear two performers I like prove inadequate in this great play. Think the reviewers who were there today will concur?  

I also agree you regarding writers and filmmakers who have to keep tinkering with their work, particularly after it has already established itself as a classic.  Leave it alone, let it be what is, let it reflect who you were at a specific point in time, and move onto other things.  Let there be a definitive version.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2005, 01:17:44 AM »

Well, another ten minutes and BK should be rising.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2005, 02:57:53 AM »

I'm posting live from the Jet Blue terminal.  VERY crowded here this morning, and I got tagged for extra security check, which I actually got rather uppity about, since I'd gotten tagged on the way here.  I don't mind once, but twice is a bit much.  It went by quickly, however, so there you are.

I got three good hours of sleep, so while I'm tired, I'm at least not completely groggy as I would be if I'd just stayed up.  I'm curious as to my car service when I arrive in Long Beach.  I forgot to take their card with me, so if they don't call me on my cell on arrival (I THINK they have the number) I won't be able to call them.  Car service cars can't just pull up and wait - they have to wait until we're there and then they pull up.  Hopefully it will all be fine.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2005, 03:47:45 AM »

gOOD VIBES FOR THE CAR SERVICE. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2005, 03:49:23 AM »

What wonderful posts about such a wonderful NYC experience!  It was great reading about them, and I am excited to see the photos!

Thanks to everyone for posting so that those Home Alone as DRHISAKA put it....would still feel "with it."

DRJOSE - half price would be wonderful, is it possible for me to get two, my sister wants to come!  MAMMA MIA!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2005, 03:50:39 AM »

DR FRANCOIS - thank you for the Debby Boone CD info.  I have very mixed to negative feelings about this project, especially when she would include songs Rosemary NEVER recorded are might not even have heard!  Strange....but I suppose they were close, and she does have a Grammy!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2005, 03:52:57 AM »

I am horrified by MR BK's review of WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF....one of my favorite plays.  I love the movie (it was my first "adult" film, we sneaked into the drive-in to see it) - and the recording wrings me out emotionally.  

I am NOT a Bill Irwin fan (he is a bit precious for me) - so I was worried about his George, and I had seen Kathleen in THE GRADUATE (a lot of her in fact) and was concerned about her.  Oh my....oh my. (a DREAMGIRLS reference).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2005, 03:53:14 AM »

Today I am going to see FROZEN.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2005, 03:53:25 AM »

And that's the Jrand Show for this morning.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2005, 03:56:00 AM »

MR BK will be leaving NYC momentarily....click on the link and enter Flight Number 205 to track his trek across the US of A!  ;D

http://www.jetblue.com/travelinfo/ftframe.html   8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2005, 04:20:12 AM »

Oh my.  Don Durant - who played Johnny Ringo - passed away on Tuesday.  :'(

http://www.johnnyringo.net/

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2005, 05:28:36 AM »

-I had typed "Armenian Girl Place"... among other typos.

;D

I have their Olga, Irina, and Masha!  Next up, Sonya and Elena.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2005, 05:37:24 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o :-* :-*DR RODZINSKI, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o :-* :-* :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o :-* :-*
[/color]

[/move]

« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 05:39:35 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2005, 05:53:30 AM »

Sounds like you all had a blast!

The Lovely Wife and I have been having a Deadwood marathon tonight, watching the first four episodes of Season One.  Pretty good stuff!

DRPogue, you shoulda been here with us!  We could have dished Greek myths, Ohio, Lee Remick, and DEADWOOD, which I've found addictive since it began.
I finally ordered the Denis Quilley bio from  Amazon.co.uk, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Dear Friend BK, by now you're probably flying over JRand54's territory.  I hope your flight is a pleasant one.   Thanks again for the pleasure of your company, and get your buttcheeks back to us soon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2005, 05:57:35 AM »

Yes Mr BK is over Lake Michigan...he flew someone north of me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2005, 06:02:41 AM »

I am NOT a Bill Irwin fan (he is a bit precious for me) - so I was worried about his George, and I had seen Kathleen in THE GRADUATE (a lot of her in fact) and was concerned about her.  Oh my....oh my. (a DREAMGIRLS reference).

I worked with Bill on the Williamstown Theatre Festival's TONIGHT AT 8:30, which also included such lovely folk as Charlotte d"Amboise, her talented husband Terrence Mann, Steve Collins, Blythe Danner, Alix Korey, and Jack Gilpin.  Before meeting him, I liked him very much in FOOL MOON.  He was a delightful man to work with, and I wish him well in all his projects.

The last production of VIRGINIA WOOLF I saw was the Longwharf's around 1980, with Nichols and May, James Naughton, and Swoozie Kurtz.  It was quite wonderful.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 06:09:17 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2005, 06:07:47 AM »

All right, enough from me!  I've got to muster some energy to meet DRs Ben and Michael Shayne for brunch.  At some point I need to contemplate several weeks' worth of laundry.  Pray God the laundry room is free if I can muster up some energy.

DRJose, I'll be editing at the recording office tomorrow, 646-638-1938, from around 9 to 3.  Tuesday, I'll be there until around 1:15; then the NYPL Theatre Collection.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2005, 06:33:09 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR RODZINSKI!  ;D

Click on the link and wait a bit for a surprise (I hope).  8)

http://www.investorshub.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=5666337
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 06:33:25 AM by JRand54 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2005, 06:34:35 AM »

Thanks for the thoughts on Mr Irwin - DRELMORE.  Nichols & May in VIRGINIA WOOLF - worth twice the money, I would guess.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2005, 06:45:12 AM »

Thanks for the thoughts on Mr Irwin - DRELMORE.  Nichols & May in VIRGINIA WOOLF - worth twice the money, I would guess.

You're welcome, DRJRand54!  Wish you'd been with us this weekend.  Were you the one asking about "Love is Where You find it"?

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2005, 06:58:08 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR RODZINSKI !!!
Hope you have a beautiful birthday with the Gal in Mexiican mood

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2005, 07:08:42 AM »

I agree with you about Lee Remick, DR Elmore. She was highly underrated and deserved lots more recognition during her lifetime. I always thought she was fabulous even when the projects she was involved in weren't always worthy of her abilities.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2005, 07:10:27 AM »

Good morning!!!

Gosh, whatta night! Thank you all, all you wonderful people out there in the dahhhhk! I had such a good time, doing the show for The Family, and afterwards, at dinner. It was so kind of you all to come and celebrate with Jose and me. And I thank my dear od pal, Bruce, for his friendship, lo these many decades, and look forward to more of the same, until one of us croaks.

Yesterday was a little iffy, in the Voice department - 2 shows, and I really was a little shot from such a long week. But the energy of my friends sustained me through the big stuff, and I got where I needed to get for the finale.

What a pleasure to finally shake hands with folks I've been communing with here online. May we all have many more evenings of good fun and camaraderie. We lifted a glass to our absent brethren (yes, I am still stuck on the OLD usage... having grown up with Fowler...) and wished Jay a happy birthday.

Rodzinski!!! happy birthday to YOU today! Have a swell dinner!

Okay - time to get into the shower and try to steam these vocal cords into any sort of shape for the little old ladies (just by the way: we do a lot of impromptu editing when the audience seems a tad uncomfortable with four-letter words and explicitly-described scenes of a carnal nature. Y'all got the nitty-gritty last night - but today will be somewhat less gritty...)

And off I go! See you soon, Jose!
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2005, 07:11:35 AM »

We're going to have a high of 70 today, so I am quite thrilled about that. I should be able to get in a walk at some point today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2005, 07:11:48 AM »

Nope not me DRELMORE - but you just know that I chimed in on the discussion - you just know I did.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2005, 07:12:22 AM »

Yes, indeed, happy birthday DR Rodzinski!

Danise

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2005, 07:14:02 AM »

A Very good morning to one and all!

I am coming to you LIVE once again from the hotel lobby of The Muse, via my PDA and (Now) wonderful (worth every penny) Wi Fi card!

What a wonderful day/night I had yesterday!  

We had us a PARTAY last  night--the food, the laughs, the old friendships renewed and new friendships made--it was everything hoped for  and more.  

My only sorrow is that they say it rain today.  I had so hoped for just a little snow--ahh well.

It's not as cold as I thought NYC would be--I haven't had to wear my long johns once.

Well, folks, like our host, I must take the day.  I am going to try to go ice skating and then I shall see where my feet lead me as I explore NYC with  a different set of eyes that saw the city back in May.

Bk said I have bloomed and found myself in NYC--I just hope I don't loose myself in the city today!  LOL!

I may even ride the subway by myself.

Laters!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2005, 08:18:59 AM »

Ashton Kutcher and his director are on AMC Shootout trying to justify their remake of GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER? and failing miserably.  It's not a remake and it's not showing a lack of originality?  Of course not, they say.  And they don't want to tie themselves to the original - so why the advertising?  Uh...well.....new subject!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up