Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ON THE TOWN  (Read 15092 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:ON THE TOWN
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2005, 12:57:57 PM »

And one for Mahler.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2005, 12:58:33 PM »

Got some lox and bagels.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2005, 01:00:41 PM »

I went through my Virginia Woolf script.  There is one significant change in act one - the use of a four letter word instead of "screw" and I'm here to tell you "screw" is better.

Act two has lots of nips and tucks, the most significant, as I've said, the ending of the act, wherein four or five pages are gone.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2005, 01:23:12 PM »

What is all of this WELCOME BACK stuff?

Did somebody goes someplace to see someone???

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2005, 01:51:35 PM »

What is all of this WELCOME BACK stuff?

Don't know, TCB!
I haven't read anything special here, except stuff about a new cd by Debbie Boone!

:D ???

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2005, 01:52:46 PM »

I've been invited to dinner to a friend who I met through ushering, so I have to get ready for that.  I also want to fix my kitchen table chairs.  The supports between the legs are breaking (and have been since shorty after my sister bought them...she gave them to me when she built her new house) and I'm too cheap to buy whole new chairs.  I am going to go to Home Base and see if they have some kind of brackets that I can attach to the legs to hold them all together.  I don't care how it looks, just as long as it works.  As Jose says:  Laters!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2005, 01:54:29 PM »

[quote author=TCB

Yes, Dorothy in search of the Wizard of TomovOz... but that's pretty old news!

;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:56:10 PM by François de Paris »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2005, 01:54:43 PM »

Just got off the phone with BK. What a time he had!  elmore, I hear he and you laugh and laughed until you could laugh no more and then laugh some more anyway.  I think Rodzinski has to post a photo of his beautiful lady...In fact, everyone must post their pictures to share with us poor slobs who were not in attendance.

DRPogue, to a certain degree, I think you and I are the HHW bookends on  each coast to our friend BK.  You get to spend more time with him than I, so right now the West Coast laugh rate is higher.  I swear, though, I tried to bring the quotient up on this side of the country.  Our BK was in rare form the entire time!  If the three of us ever end up in one spot together, we will probably laugh and laugh until we plotz.

Yes, DRRodzinski's lady is a beauty, as all the DRs will see when these numerous photos land.  There wil be a plentitude of pulchritude.  

Perhaps the HHW reality tv show shouldn't be a wedding but a beauty contest; all the ladies I've met on HHW are beautiful.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:58:39 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jed

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2005, 02:14:47 PM »

The happiest of birthdays to our DR Rodzinski!

What a time all y'all had!  Wonderful to hear all about it, and looking forward to being able to join in all the fun one of these days.

I think PennyO should revive her show in Seattle and/or Portland when she returns to this corner of the world, don't you agree TCB/Ann/George/JMK/Jane/MBarnum? :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2005, 02:17:36 PM »

I'm VERY tired.  Has Ann caught up?  I think she's about a week behind.  

I can't even remember the word of the day.

François de Paris

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2005, 02:25:28 PM »

Dear Reader Elmore  -- Toujours El Moore!! --

Tonight, I've acquired a cd for which you've done orchestrations!

Three songs for Mr Ethan Freeman, the original "German" Jekyll;
With You,
The Impossible Dream
and Morning Glow!

You had to know that!

(I'm thrilled)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 02:27:25 PM by François de Paris »

François de Paris

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2005, 02:32:19 PM »

Wonder why nobody has mentioned anything about BK's new hair colour!!

Wonder why?!  (Must be all envious!)

François de Paris

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2005, 02:36:26 PM »

Today's word could be.... VERNACULAR!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2005, 02:45:45 PM »

Dear Reader Elmore  -- Toujours El Moore!! --

Tonight, I've acquired a cd for which you've done orchestrations!

Three songs for Mr Ethan Freeman, the original "German" Jekyll;
With You,
The Impossible Dream
and Morning Glow!

You had to know that!

(I'm thrilled)

DRFrancois, if you're thrilled, I'm thrilled!  I hope you enjoy it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2005, 02:48:44 PM »

Wonder why nobody has mentioned anything about BK's new hair colour!!

Wonder why?!  (Must be all envious!)

Bruce's hair looked fabulous!  Some of us age, he youthens.  DRMichael Shayne should be checking in soon, and I've heard nothing from DRDanise.  Perhaps she left the rink with both legs intact?  DRWFOrr was seeing Dame Edna today, and I've just pulled myself from a 90 minute crash.

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2005, 02:59:57 PM »

I think PennyO should revive her show in Seattle and/or Portland when she returns to this corner of the world, don't you agree TCB/Ann/George/JMK/Jane/MBarnum? :D

I second that motion!!

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2005, 03:02:11 PM »

Dr George, the weather here in Salem has been very windy also...my back yard looks like the aftermath of one hell of a party! One which I wasn't invited to but that I have to clean up after  >:(

François de Paris

« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2005, 03:04:46 PM »

Bruce's hair looked fabulous!  Some of us age, he youthens.

Hummmm... could BK be a new Dorian Blond? I mean Dorian Grey!? :D

DR Danise might have found a Texan Oil Tycoon at the rink; Chita might have been there too... at the rink!

As for Liza....

;)

François de Paris

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2005, 03:05:30 PM »

Vernacular!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2005, 03:13:15 PM »

I am not a week behind, or even a day behind.  I have caught up, and have enjoyed hearing tales of the New York adventures.  I do wish I could have joined you fine people for the partay last night.  I agree with DR Jed, Penny should bring her show to Seattle!  

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2005, 03:42:06 PM »

Time for me to head to the Subway...

Do you prefer it to Quiznos?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2005, 03:42:44 PM »

We missed dear reader Ann, along with all other dear readers who were in their own home environments playing tiddly winks.

I've been lying on the couch.  Usually I only tell the truth on the couch, but today I felt like lying.  

I'm VERY tired.  Did I not do a word of the day?  Don't make me go all the way back to page one to find out.

WARNING: I will be posting the notes early tonight, because I've got to be in bed by nine or ten - the Floor Men are coming early in the morning and I have to get some sleep or I'll end up getting sicky-poo.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2005, 03:49:34 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]BIRTHDAY[/move][move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]RODZINSKI[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]WOOF![/move]

I beleive that is the last name I heard Jose use.

I second third fourth the motion that PennyO brings her show to Seattle or Portland (or Tacoma, even).
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2005, 03:53:23 PM »

We laughed and laughed and just when we thought we could laugh no more, we laughed again.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2005, 04:03:05 PM »

DR Danise might have found a Texan Oil Tycoon at the rink; Chita might have been there too... at the rink!

As for Liza....

. . . under the rink?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2005, 04:13:13 PM »

Today was meet-those-mysterious-people-you-met-on the-Internet-day.

Last evening I had a message on my machine from a lady who had seen the pups' pictures on the PetFinder.com web site and she said she was interested in Baxter. I said I would be willing to bring him for a "visit".  She lives about 1.5 hours away in Newark (DE not NJ) and said she would meet us half way - I suggested a Service area in the Interstate about 15 minutes from her home, and she agreed. (I can imagine a single Mom might be reluctant to give some disembodied male voice directions to her home and open the door with greetings.)

S Woody and I donned our gay PetFinder.com apparel (me in the purple seat shirt, he in his gray ball cap - well, actually my ball cap since Fletcher had snacked on his Saturday evening). With a sneaky plan in mind, I suggested we take Mom and both pups.

We rendezvoused relatively un-eventfully (we were in the same parking lot, but had trouble finding each others car - I got out of mine to get a better look and she said "I think I see you on the phone" - I waved, she waved, etc, etc.

We pulled up near her car and the Lady and her 4 year daughter, Hillary came trotting up to visit the dogs. Peggy went bounding out of the car on my side, Woody got Baxter out of the car on his side, and Benny jumped out on his own. Baxter promptly hid under the car while mangy ole Benny went bouncing over to see the new people. Peggy circled around and went and greeted everyone like the nice bitch lady she is.  Baxter joined the party and there was lots of dog hugging and petting. Mom asked Hilary what she thought, I Hilary (Bless you child) said I want him, pointing at Benny!

Fine said Mom - I explained we needed to do a home visit to make sure they didn't serve puppy as cuisine and she invited us to follow (I even let the kid take Benny in the car with her!). We got to her apartment complex and I took Benny's food/water bowl and squeaky toy along for the trip upstairs. 30 minutes later I was on my way, application filled out, check in hand. Benny was learning how to jump off their couch and looking forward to spending bedtime with the family.

Sign...all in a day's work!

der Brucer

Note to self: "Buy cheaper leashes if you're going to leave them with the dog!"
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

François de Paris

« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2005, 04:20:10 PM »

. . . under the rink?

... or... under the (d)rink(s)!

Sorry, Liza... I'd do anything for a joke! :)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2005, 05:06:45 PM »

Where are pictures?  I WANT PICTURES!  Was BK just too busy giggling with elmore to take any pictures?!  WHERE ARE MY PICTURES?  I WANT THEM! NOW!  

Lovely day in LA.  The Lovely Wife and I took a walk and visited some open houses...are favourite Sunday afternoon occupation.  Looky-looing.  We shall now abscond to the jacuzzi with a bottle of Champagne.  Then spend the resto of the evening with DEADWOOD.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2005, 05:20:43 PM »

Where are pictures?  I WANT PICTURES!  Was BK just too busy giggling with elmore to take any pictures?!  WHERE ARE MY PICTURES?  I WANT THEM! NOW!  

Lovely day in LA.  The Lovely Wife and I took a walk and visited some open houses...are favourite Sunday afternoon occupation.  Looky-looing.  We shall now abscond to the jacuzzi with a bottle of Champagne.  Then spend the resto of the evening with DEADWOOD.

Hee hee hee!

MBarnum

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2005, 05:24:39 PM »

DR Rodzinksi,

Hope you are enjoying your birthday, and I will take you up on your offer of a copy of RAGE OF THE WEREWOLF, if you can find one. Just let me know where to send the dough!!

I did locate GREY SKIES, but it would seem that your films are much easier to find in England then here!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up