Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ON THE TOWN  (Read 14968 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:ON THE TOWN
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2005, 08:19:52 AM »

Enjoy the Big Apple DR DANISE!  I am so happy for you doing the things you planned to do!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2005, 08:20:41 AM »

PAGE THREE NON DANCE.

Saving the photos for the NYC git-togither!

And if your photos can bring a little joy into our humdrum lives, then all your hard work ain't been in vain fer nuthin'!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 08:21:13 AM by JRand54 »

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2005, 08:25:36 AM »

Happy Birthday DR RODZINSKI!

I am not happy.  I just went to the clinic, because my sinuses/cold have not gone away (in 12 days). I figured I should probably not be taking Advil cold & sinus for this many days.  Anyhow I have never seen so many people at the clinic before.  So I gave my name in and now I will go back in 2 hours.  I have no idea how those people can sit there for 2 hours.  It was horrible enough sitting there for the 30 minutes it took the woman to process my file.  Too much sickness in one room!

Anyhow hopefully when I return I won't have to wait long.  And then hopefully after that I will attempt to shop.  I went yesterday and was sort of tired while doing it.  But I did get a beautiful blue long jacket on sale for only $35.  It is exactly what I have been looking for.  And since it's pretty warm out today (well for here) I can even wear it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2005, 08:31:34 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feel better vibes for DRJENNIFER!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2005, 09:14:20 AM »

MR BK is crossing the border into California!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2005, 09:20:56 AM »

Off to see FROZEN!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2005, 09:22:13 AM »

Good Morning!

Time for me to head to the Subway...

Laters...

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2005, 09:47:37 AM »

Nope not me DRELMORE - but you just know that I chimed in on the discussion - you just know I did.

Oy!  I know you did, dahlink.

I'm back from a lovely brunch with DRsBen and Michael Shayne.  The company was totally charming, but I thought the food was not so good.  Since I picked the restaurant, where I've had several good dinners, I'm feeling a bit guilty over that.  Next time, Sarabeth's or Popovers, I promise!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2005, 09:50:58 AM »

A Very good morning to one and all!

Bk said I have bloomed and found myself in NYC--I just hope I don't loose myself in the city today!  LOL!

I may even ride the subway by myself.

Laters!

DRDanise, a good morning back to you!  

If you get lost today, call me at once.  I'll be home vegetating and cogitating whilst lying down and not moving.  I can offer long distance assistance.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2005, 10:37:38 AM »

Haapy, B'day,Rodzinski!

Charles Pogue

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2005, 10:39:48 AM »

The phone here just rang a short while ago, the machine got it.  I tumbled out of bed and went and had a listen. It was BK, telling me he has arrived and should be home in about 45 minutes.

Ben

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2005, 10:50:35 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR RODZINSKI!

We had a grand time last night at Penny's show and then at Angus McIndoe's. Anthony bonded with Rod's gal and they had lovely chats about planning weddings. We ate dinner before the show so we just had desserts, carrot cake for me and cheesecake for Anthony, then he became so hungry for fries that he ordered a small plate of them. It was so good to finally meet Deb/Vixmom and Steve and to see WFO and Joe again and to talk with Ginny and Laura (the niece). A better evening we couldn't have asked for.

Michael Shayne, Larry and I had brunch far too early this morning (10:00am) at Time Cafe on 85th and Broadway. 10 wouldn't have been so early except that I didn't get to bed until almost 1am. Oh, well. Another good time was had by all. Larry, the food was OK. It wasn't great but my Eggs Benedict was fine. The coffee, though, was always lukewarm. Oh, well.

On my way home I stopped at Fairway for some produce. Bananas and raisins for my morning oatmeal at the office and some cherry tomatoes, a loaf of bread, they had green grapes on sale so I had to get some, tangelos, cukes, lettuce and some cookies. We are now a happy family. Anthony is running his scenes for the callback on Tuesday with a friend from Dance Class so I'm home alone right now.

I will now leave you all to put away the groceries.

Later,

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2005, 10:51:39 AM »

Lee Remick is someone I just have a hard time believing is not still with us.

Pogue, I think the same thing when I watch old TV game show clips. Just the general IQs on display are so much better than what one would see today! The average person on these shows just seemed to have a more colorful command of the english language.

To reflect my aging, JRand linked me to Walter Brennan's "Old Rivers", or as he says, "Old Riverzh". "Happy Birthday Old Folk".

Thanks for all the wishes!. Off to "All Shook Up". Expectations are low, low, low.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2005, 11:23:53 AM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  The home environment is freezing - it feels like it's twelve degrees.  The heat is on.

First off, apologies to Rodzinski for missing the birthday on the calendar.  I was just too too tired and trying to get the notes up in a hurry.  So, let's make it official -

Let's all put on our pointy party hats and our colored tights and pantaloons, let's break out the cheese slices and the ham chunks, let's dance the Hora or the Lindy Hop, for today is dear reader Rodzinski's birthday.  So, let's give a big haineshisway.com birthday cheer to dear reader Rodzinski.  On the count of three: One, two, three - A BIG HAINESHISWAY.COM BIRTHDAY CHEER TO DEAR READER RODZINSKI!!!

And yes, I feel that dear reader Danise blossomed on this trip and that she found her true self, which is a truly delightful and daffy gal!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2005, 11:24:22 AM »

I am VERY tired and it's VERY cold.  I may have to go take a drive until it heats up here.

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2005, 11:52:19 AM »

Happy Birthday, Rodzinski! Have a lovely dinner at Rosa Mexicano-a favorite of mine. Have you tried their pomegranate margarita?

Welcome home, bk. Thanks for bringing the California sunshine. It is now cool and rainy in the York of New.

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2005, 11:53:39 AM »

Sounds  like a great time was had by all. I can't wait to see some pics!

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2005, 11:57:29 AM »

Oh my gosh, that is very sad news about Don Durant...gosh dang but I liked that guy! Although he was best known for JOHNNY RINGO that man could sing! He did some albums with, I think it was, Ray Anthony's Orchestra.

I met him on one of my trips to Los Angeles at the Ray Courts Show and he was still very handsome, and he even belted out a song for me!!!

He was on my list of people to interview and I had kept meaning to e-mail him to request an interview over these last several months, but just hadn't had time to do so.

And of course he starred in SHE GODS OF SHARK REEF!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 12:06:18 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2005, 12:03:12 PM »

And a big Happy Birthday to DR Rodzinski!!

Charles Pogue

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2005, 12:05:07 PM »

Just got off the phone with BK. What a time he had!  elmore, I hear he and you laugh and laughed until you could laugh no more and then laugh some more anyway.  I think Rodzinski has to post a photo of his beautiful lady...In fact, everyone must post their pictures to share with us poor slobs who were not in attendance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2005, 12:11:11 PM »

It's finally starting to heat up in this ice box.  I might go get something to nibble on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2005, 12:12:05 PM »

Oh, and I finished going through the rest of the book on the plane ride.  Lots of typos caught, and lots of little things to smooth out, but I was actually pretty darned pleased with what I read.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2005, 12:12:11 PM »

DR George - Are you on the Sondheim listserv?  There a bunch of people who recorded the whole event, and are offering to make copies for people.  So...

I am!  I've actually started downloading an MP3 file that one person posted (he asked not to publish the link...and I won't).  I'm starting with the first hour, which is only 54MB, but it will take about an hour and a half!  For the first hour only!  I'm assuming that he has a free website and that's why it's taking so long.  Fine with me.  Just as long as I can get at least the first hour without any trouble.  That has all of Sondheim's early stuff that I've never heard...nor heard of. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2005, 12:18:24 PM »

Yes Mr BK is over Lake Michigan...he flew someone north of me.

And boy are their arms tired.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2005, 12:34:04 PM »

We're going to have a high of 70 today, so I am quite thrilled about that. I should be able to get in a walk at some point today.

Here in Olympia (and Western Washington), it's quite windy.  Very blustery...windier (is that a real word?) than it's been in a long time.  I hope the power doesn't go out! :o You never know what can drop on a power line. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2005, 12:39:23 PM »

Ashton Kutcher and his director are on AMC Shootout trying to justify their remake of GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER? and failing miserably.  It's not a remake and it's not showing a lack of originality?  Of course not, they say.  And they don't want to tie themselves to the original - so why the advertising?  Uh...well.....new subject!

When I saw the commercial for the first time, it made me want to vomit on the ground!  I can't imagine anyone who is a fan of the original being remotely interested in this. :P It sounds like a one joke sitcom stretched out much, much, much (that's three muches) too long.

George

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2005, 12:39:53 PM »

AND VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR RODZINSKI!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2005, 12:45:18 PM »

I'm not interested in a remake of GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER or any other film that was done right the first time. It's only when things were botched (like the first two versions of THE MALTESE FALCON) that a remake is in order.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2005, 12:45:42 PM »

Okay, downloading the Sondheim files is not taking as long as I though (and was displayed on the download dialog box).  It's only been about 50 minutes and I'm about three-quarters of the way through the second hour!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2005, 12:47:16 PM »

I couldn't decide on the movie for this afternoon, so out came CSI: MIAMI again, now on disc 3.

Reading bk's take on VIRGINIA WOOLF reminded me I haven't seen the film in awhile. Maybe I should pull it from the shelf. I really do think it's a masterpiece.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up