Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: PULLING TEETH  (Read 15750 times)

Danise

Re:PULLING TEETH
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2005, 09:23:11 AM »

Chat is fun!  Sunday or Monday works for me as well.  Please do try to join in,  DRs Vixmom, Rodzinski, and Ginny!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2005, 09:24:59 AM »

I forgot to do a page 2 dance but here is my page 3 dance!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2005, 09:25:31 AM »

Hey, he's not dancing!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2005, 09:25:56 AM »

LOL! DR Jose, at first I misread your post as saying: your "rectal nightmare".....!! :o

I have had many nightmares where I am in a play and have not learned my lines, or am given my lines just minutes before the curtain opens on opening night.

LOL...I, TOO, saw it that way at first....and how amusing it is to suddenly see that if you take the "I" out of "recital," you get RECTAL!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2005, 09:30:10 AM »

Let's try something different...

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2005, 09:31:11 AM »

Mouse dancing!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2005, 09:31:34 AM »

Sunday night chat would be fine.

Monday night would be my second choice.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2005, 09:32:25 AM »

I liked Renata Adler (I read a book of her collected reviews) and Judith Crist in TV GUIDE.  Pauline Kael I could take or leave.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2005, 09:33:15 AM »

If you don't have a friend in the business - and you often try to find the best price for a DVD online - you can use this website.  ;D

http://www.bargainflix.com/

Danise

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2005, 09:35:49 AM »

Sunday night chat would be fine.

Monday night would be my second choice.

:D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2005, 09:39:48 AM »

Re: last night's repeat American Idol, I don't think it was really fair.  Yes I think it was right to scrap tuesday's votes.  But I think they should have just not eliminated anybody this week and then eliminated two next week.

People like Nikko, who are just okay, got complete raves last night.  Because they did not speak to every judge for each contestant.  So all people got to hear was Paula's over the top praise for Nikko.  Yet the only person we got to hear for Nadia was Simon slamming her.  Even though she wasn't very good on Tuesday, she is still one of the best. And I just didn't think the way they did things seemed fair.

The worst infraction was Mikalah (who probably would have gone home after Tuesday's votes).  But her plea last night was very sympathetic and sweet.  And I'm thinking her personality and that whole chat thing they did with her is gonna have an impact on the votes.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2005, 09:40:42 AM »

I received the sheet music to “Don Juan Triumphant” from the composer, Misha Segal.  If you don’t mind, DR Jose, I would like to send you a copy so you could play/record it for me.  If anyone else would like to see it, just let me know.  

DRDanise, I asked you for a copy at Footlights!  Don't forget me (a ZORBA ref).
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2005, 09:43:28 AM »

I thought MGM shelved "Don Juan."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2005, 09:45:18 AM »

Of course, the big question about FINIAN'S RAINBOW...What the Hell ever happened to Don Francks?  No one came on the scene or disappeared faster...

DRPogue, Don Francks did a couple of things in New York, a review of Bernstein theatre songs with my friend Leigh Beery (Mrs Jonathan Tunick) and Micki Grant. He also played Kelly, the man who jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, in the enormous bomb KELLY.  After that, I don't know what happened to him!

Well, I haven't got to the NYPL yet, just ran some errands, I'm going to catch up on posts and then go.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2005, 09:46:52 AM »

When I minimize my HHW screen at work today, the little box at the bottom of my computer screen says Pulling Teet.

I think that is rather unseemly.

You're such a baby! :-*

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2005, 09:52:17 AM »

He also played Kelly, the man who jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, in the enormous bomb KELLY.  

Well I guess I know who doesn't read my posts!!  Last time I ever have a dream about you!   ;D   ;D   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2005, 09:58:08 AM »

DR JMK:  Your dream about DR Elmore3003 was rather disturbing to some of us....and I won't say why lest it....you know....causes everyone to shiver.

Ptooi......
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2005, 10:00:24 AM »

And then there was one where the zombies from the original Night of the Living Dead were chasing me, and others (sometimes the other people with me were friends or family...sometimes just generic townspeople). These dreams would scare the heck out of me, but thankfully I stopped having them some years back.

They're coming to get you, Barbara!

I looked Don Francks up on IMDB.  He's still working.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2005, 10:04:13 AM »

DR JMK:  Your dream about DR Elmore3003 was rather disturbing to some of us....and I won't say why lest it....you know....causes everyone to shiver.

Ptooi......

I know what you mean....Daily Variety does that to me, too.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2005, 10:06:45 AM »

BAMBOOZLE!

Nightmares are one thing, but I'm talking about worst nightmares in terms of reality - FEARS, things you DREAD that might happen in real life.

After my mother's lingering death in 1994, I'm afraid I'll go through the same.  I want it swift and short.  I'll probably have a stroke and end up a vegetable for years, and if so, I want to be broccoli.

Danise

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2005, 10:08:57 AM »

DRDanise, I asked you for a copy at Footlights!  Don't forget me (a ZORBA ref).

That's right you did!  It will be winging it's way to you!  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2005, 10:10:45 AM »

Hey that Bargainflix is a good link to check out, JRand54! Thanks!

Also, if you want to (and really, and who doesn't?!  :D), you can buy Voodoo Island/Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake  and some of those other new MGM Midnite Movie double features at Amazon.ca. For some reason Canada has them, even though us American's do not.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2005, 10:10:56 AM »

Well I guess I know who doesn't read my posts!!  Last time I ever have a dream about you!   ;D   ;D   ;D

I answered DRPogue's post before I got to yours!  I was going to say my worst nightmare was finding you are my stalker. :-* :-* :-* :-*

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2005, 10:12:12 AM »

I think something is winging it's way to me right now! Something from Indiana (and partly from New York), I believe! Woohoo!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 10:13:01 AM by MBarnum »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2005, 10:14:52 AM »

...I’m so glad one of the puppies have found a home.  To be honest, I’m a bit worried that the lady couldn’t afford to take the puppy to the vet—puppies need all of their first shots and Heart worm meds every month.  I hope she understands that a puppy is a responsibility, just like a kid, and you don’t dump it the first time it gets sick.
Der Brucer was also able to find a vet just blocks from where she lives, with worker-friendly hours and very reasonable rates.

I'm always amazed by how easily he does research like this, a skill very few people have.  And I'm glad he was able to do it for her.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2005, 10:23:36 AM »

...Of course, the big question about FINIAN'S RAINBOW...What the Hell ever happened to Don Francks?  No one came on the scene or disappeared faster...
Mr. Franck's credits include a great deal of voice work, and a lot of work in Canada.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2005, 10:25:54 AM »

DR JRand, I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I used to be in the Indianapolis Children's Choir and the Youth Chorale. I have performed at Clowes many a time so that that place has always held a special place in my heart. I even sang the Ahhs in the Nutcracker there one year. :-) I remember thinking the first time I ever performed there in fifth grade how neat it was to be up on that stage, but I also remember being snobby and upset in eighth grade because we went to Oregon for the Bach Festival instead of performing at Carnegie Hall because the director wanted a bit of a change.  

Which brings me to one of my nightmares... Dying before I get to go to New York. I also think losing my hearing is one thing I would never want to happen. I could live without my sight, but I would go nuts if I could no longer hear music!
There is no music without silence, only noise...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2005, 10:31:08 AM »

DR JRand, I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I used to be in the Indianapolis Children's Choir and the Youth Chorale. I have performed at Clowes many a time so that that place has always held a special place in my heart. I even sang the Ahhs in the Nutcracker there one year. :-) I remember thinking the first time I ever performed there in fifth grade how neat it was to be up on that stage, but I also remember being snobby and upset in eighth grade because we went to Oregon for the Bach Festival instead of performing at Carnegie Hall because the director wanted a bit of a change.  

Which brings me to one of my nightmares... Dying before I get to go to New York. I also think losing my hearing is one thing I would never want to happen. I could live without my sight, but I would go nuts if I could no longer hear music!

DRJoey, you look like Hans Brinker sitting there.  You need DRDanise's silver skates.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2005, 10:31:33 AM »

My fear is heights. Specifically places where you can look over a railing and see far below. At MOMA now, on the higher floors, I can't really get near the railings, and it bothers me to even see other people look over them.

Chat sounds good, any time.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2005, 10:31:34 AM »

Site of the April Indianapolis HHW gathering!  ;D

We'll book one or two of the boxes and spend the evening shooting spitwads down on the rest of the audience!   ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up