Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHOPPING MADNESS ABATES  (Read 3816 times)

Laura

Re: THE SHOPPING MADNESS ABATES
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 06:25:04 AM »

Re shopping:
My DH shops like his dad -- he buys in bulk when things are on sale on Senior Wednesday. So we were pretty well stocked before this happened. I bought some things from the bulk bin before going into seclusion. We won't starve and won't need to go into a store for a while. I am cooking -- I have only once in my life ever ordered a food delivery.

FJL

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 06:33:05 AM »

At some point right after "Hamilton" opened, a parody of "Hamilton" got a nice tweet from Lin_manuel https://twitter.com/lin_manuel/status/669222699361771520?lang=en
which then led to two Times articles in 2016 where they linked the LMM tweet

And then, it started again - in fall 2016 to sporing 2017, by Jonathan frank and Jen tapper, this time menacing in the Times comments.   Larry, it is not an age-old thing, The issue is that it re-started and it would not stop.

Then, incredibly,Julie did what she did, a false violence claim, which is so far beyond anything but mired jack's claim in May 2013, saying that during "Viva Max" rehearsals she wanted to cll the police but didn't ask fir help despite seven people in the room.   After the  successful Viva Max reading, and then after Skip's feb 2018 show at 54 Below, Julie issued a 7-page lawyer letter with detailed claims that could not have happened.  It was at the right of MeToo just starting and the mood was always to believe the woman.  This will be the subject of the upcoming "My Dead Aunt Thanks You." 

But that was also by Encores' very same law firm Franklin Weinrib, also incredibly Lady Joann Macbeth of Cranford NJ's law firm.

Agatha Christie's head could explode from such coincidences.  If anyone knows Jessica Fletcher, please check if she's OK!  Ira Levin sent notes from the beyond:  "this is too complex even for me.  Who would do something this involved, for control of a measly $5.2-million estate."

But theater people never do anything without lots of drama.  In the old Brooklyn, Bugsy would have just beaten the executor up until he voluntarily signed over the $5.2-million. 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:39:49 AM by FJL »

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2020, 06:36:16 AM »

We went to Wal-Mart yesterday at about 2 o'clock. 

There weren't many people there. 

Of course, a lot of shelves were empty.
You can dream…or you can do.

KevinH

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2020, 07:38:21 AM »

Good morning!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2020, 07:51:59 AM »

which included anti-semitic slurs ("Jew lawyer tax man" from the second day).

But Larry, you know me for years but keep insisting the years of cyberstalking started by a City Center videographer is imagined. But the real destruction came when Jack Viertel created this document,

Fred, you have to get past this and get over it.  This constant brooding, endless repetitive emails, and postings is an continuous irritation to a lot of people who do not even know you yet you've added them to your long chain of email recipients.  People ask you to remove them from your address list and you do not.   I found three emails this morning, too many yesterday including one from an agent telling you to cease and desist and one from Chase Brock asking you to remove his name.  Since you insist on bringing this to HHW, them I will post this here: take me off your address list.  If you want to self-destruct, I don't want to know.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:37:12 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2020, 07:56:39 AM »

I have no wish to pick a fight, no wish to be involved in this vast conspiracy.  I want you to remove me from your email recipients.  Please!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2020, 08:16:34 AM »

I had a doozy of a dream last night.  I had a phone conversation with my dead friend Dale Kugel, former librarian for Tams-Witmark. only in the dream I was aware I was talking to a dead man about finding a new restaurant for the monthly music librarians dinners we used to have with librarian friends from Music Theatre International, Rodgers & Hammerstein, and Chelsea Music Service.  Two friends and I on our lunch hour - I cannot remember who they were or where we worked together - had found an Irish restaurant we liked.  The waitresses played piano and harmonica and sang Irish songs.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2020, 08:25:50 AM »

DR ELMORE did you ask him if I get a refund on my ANYTHING GOES royalties if we don't get to do the show this summer?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2020, 08:28:02 AM »

The phone call was from Lady Macbeth/  It came completely out of the blue, so unexpected that I didn't have her number in my cell phone so I did not recognize the caller.  If I had, I would have never answered it.

I suspected your brother, not his wife  :o

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2020, 08:29:08 AM »

DR ELMORE did you ask him if I get a refund on my ANYTHING GOES royalties if we don't get to do the show this summer?

Damn!  I forgot.  Sorry.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 08:32:53 AM »

My reaction for the most part was bullshit.  The call may have lasted around 30 minutes; I was very happy when it was over.  I then spent an hour or so wondering what was the reason for the call.

Yet you let her ramble. I think that was nice of you.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2020, 08:54:31 AM »

But Larry, you know me for years but keep insisting the years of cyberstalking started by a City Center videographer is imagined. But the real destruction came when Jack Viertel created this document,

Fred, you have to get past this and get over it.  This constant brooding, endless repetitive emails, and postings is an endless irritation to a lot of people who do not even know you yet you've added them to your long chain of email recipients..  People ask you to remove them from your address list and you do not.   I found three emails this morning, too many yesterday including one from a lawyer telling you to cease and desist and one from Chase Brock asking you to remove his name.  Since you insist on continuing this on HHW, them I will post this here: take me off your address list.  If you want to self-destruct, I don't want to know.

Larry, then you;re not reading the emails anyway, so why are they bothering you.  the only people who can logically be  bothered are people who don't want the information out there. Anyone is free to respond that  it's not true. 

Anyone is free to block me.  Arlene Shuler blocked me for at least year, then suddenly unblocked  soon after the proof came that Joann Landau and Encores were using the same law firm, and that Jack's emails from May 2013 and Jan. 2019 had  somehow gotten into the files of my parents' caregivers for the Holocaust survivor group in Florida.

FJL

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2020, 09:01:31 AM »

Chase Brock is on the list because of "Be More Chill," when several of the people involved (like Maureen, who is on the board at Two River Theater which co-produced the show win Broadway) - why are you saying to many people that I put him on the list  as Rob Berman's spouse?  That's just not correct.   

There was in fact an email exchange (though very vague) between me and Chase a few months ago.  he said nothing abut removing him from the list. 

Everyone who asked me privately to remove them was honored right away.

I do not owe  being respectful or friendly to anyone who makes a public show of asking to be removed, because that is a hostile action to do that publicly.   What can the intent of that other than to belittle me or express hostility?

if you can tell me how asking publicly or to the whole group  is anything but hostile, I'm all ears.

FJL

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2020, 09:17:15 AM »

Larry, if there's nothing to the claim - fine, then let it be adjudicated.  There's no doubt that Jack lied like a rug, no doubt that it caused millions in damage.  Let the facts be heard.  If there's a reason for what he did, say what that reason nis,first in May 2013 then compounding it in Jan. 2019.

Datalounge tried at first to argue jusridiction of the NYS Human Rights agency, but that failed for them.  There were two charges, both of which their owner fought aggressively, because Datalounge's site depends on not having to police posts, like Twitter was back then.  They wrote string legal arguments.  One of them was found in their favor, so that was knocked out.  The other was found in my favor, the opinion was issued Dev 2013, the hearing in the Bronx held Feb. 2014.  They (their lawyer) questioned the damages that were being asked , but sounded like they weren't questioning that what they did was not legal (civilly), because the dec,. 2013 opinion had convinced them of that it seemed. 

I offered how about cleaning off the site of anything that referred to me by name.  The state agency person asked me on the side privately if that would be enough and no need for money.  I said yes.  Within a week, they had issued a new policy and anything that was showing up on google when employers or clients  looked me up searching my name - was gone.,

I have no idea why the hearing was in the Bronx when both parties were in Manhattan.  But it looked done.  and it was for almost three years.

FJL

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2020, 09:20:53 AM »

I had a doozy of a dream last night.  I had a phone conversation with my dead friend Dale Kugel, former librarian for Tams-Witmark. only in the dream I was aware I was talking to a dead man about finding a new restaurant for the monthly music librarians

Eerie coincidence.  I had Zabar's Kugel yesterday.  It was wonderful.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2020, 09:31:10 AM »

On the roller coaster again at work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2020, 09:40:05 AM »

Fred, you have to get past this and get over it.  This constant brooding, endless repetitive emails, and postings is an endless irritation to a lot of people who do not even know you yet you've added them to your long chain of email recipients..  People ask you to remove them from your address list and you do not.   I found three emails this morning, too many yesterday including one from an agent telling you to cease and desist and one from Chase Brock asking you to remove his name.  Since you insist on continuing this on HHW, them I will post this here: take me off your address list.  If you want to self-destruct, I don't want to know.

Larry, then you;re not reading the emails anyway, so why are they bothering you.  the only people who can logically be  bothered are people who don't want the information out there. Anyone is free to respond that  it's not true. 

Anyone is free to block me.  Arlene Shuler blocked me for at least year, then suddenly unblocked  soon after the proof came that Joann Landau and Encores were using the same law firm, and that Jack's emails from May 2013 and Jan. 2019 had  somehow gotten into the files of my parents' caregivers for the Holocaust survivor group in Florida.

Why am I complaining?  Because, Fred, I am sick of getting them.  I have no wish to be involved and I  - like most of your recipients - do not want to find them in my email from whichever address you decide to use that day.  I am completely sick of this. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:39:23 PM by elmore3003 »

FJL

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2020, 09:41:46 AM »

I have no wish to pick a fight, no wish to be involved in this vast conspiracy.  I want you to remove me from your email recipients.  Please!

Larry, you made a huge public show of asking, never asked privately, even saying as had ling been proven otherwise that the wrongs were in my imagination.   What  do I owe you when you disparaged me in public, claiming that what was a proven fact was all in my head - both here and on castrecl?  And then to the entire group when you were just a cc?

In this case, I put you back on at one point because your name was mentioned in a few emails as someone right there at Encores who knew me and my reputation well prior to March  2013 when Jack got Encores involved during "Superman" which Jack wrote the new book for - and it's just etiquette that since you were mentioned and quoted, that you be cc'd.

Sometimes mistakes are made, and a wrong list used. Since there are matters relating to Joann Landau, that's a separate list, though we see they have the same lawyer and Jack's frauds are in the Florida caregivers' files and they;ve been relied on  to give my brother first call on medical matters, where he is just in over his head and his philosophy about medical spending
is appalling. 

But how did Jack's saying Freddie doesnt know what's talking about and should be locked up against his will wind up in the files giving my brother first say?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2020, 09:42:40 AM »

Chase Brock is on the list because of "Be More Chill," when several of the people involved (like Maureen, who is on the board at Two River Theater which co-produced the show win Broadway) - why are you saying to many people that I put him on the list  as Rob Berman's spouse?  That's just not correct.   

Well, I can't fathom the depths of your thinking processes.  The rambling, repetitious emails are all over the place.

FJL

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2020, 09:45:30 AM »

my brother was noit approving a doctor my mom asked to see, because insurance said no.  a woman whomknws she had millions at the last accounting is being told she can;t write a check to a doctor for $250  when insurance denies it?   

But no one can figure out how he got first say.  Or why what Jack said and write to my husband in May 2013 and Jan 2019 is even in the file!!!!  except that the same lawyer  handles both encores and Joann Landau.  and must have placed something from one matter into the other.

FJL

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2020, 09:45:54 AM »

If it's fact, it's not "conspiracy theory."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2020, 09:47:13 AM »

Okay, Fred.  You win.  I'm wrong.  You are not suffering what I believe may be some form of delusional paranoia.  Jack Viertel did not offer years ago to pay for your seeing a shrink.  Jonathan Frank did not begin this mess by criticizing your parodies.  You did not drive David Winkworth off HHW by an earlier form of this mental state.

I apologize to all the Dear Readers for enabling you to continue this rant on HHW.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:29:13 PM by elmore3003 »

FJL

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2020, 09:47:52 AM »

Also as to reputation - You can see clearly how I was regarded even by Sondheim and his publishers just three months BEFORE Jack started.

To: Fred Landau
Sent: Thu, Nov 8, 2012 10:55 pm
Dear Fred Landau -
The person you should ask permission of is Sean Patrick Flahaven at Warner/Chappell. His email is, not surprisingly, seanpatrick.flahaven@warnerchappell.com.
Your lyric is fun, although you had the same trouble with the last stanza that I did.
   Yours,
      Stephen Sondheim

To: FJL1960
Sent: Thu, May 7, 2009 1:24 pm
Dear Fred Landau -
My apologies for not having replied sooner, but I've been away. Anyhow, I think your parody is fizzy and funny and fine (except for the "prefer/defer" identity), so you have my permission to use it on YouTube, but first you have to get permission from John Breglio. I'm sending him a copy of this reply. If you haven't heard back form him within a week, let me know.
          Stephen Sondheim

To: fjl1960
Sent: Tue, May 19, 2009 3:54 pm
Hi Fred,
Ah—I thought your name looked familiar. The different context and my sleep deprivation (our second son was born May 7; we also have a 2-year-old) made me forget temporarily.
Alli and I love Bill and Maureen, of course, and I do remember LAST STARFIGHTER.
I’ll try to get this done quickly.
Best,
Sean

To: fjl1960
Sent: Fri, Nov 5, 2010 2:52 pm
Hi Fred,
Sorry for the delay. Steve has approved leaving the ALNM clips up as well as the “Chrysanthemum Tea” request.
Thanks,
Sean

You can see how disparagingly and really just disdainfully I'm treated by Sondheim's lawyer now, actually claiming I am imagining the excellent working relationship with Sondheim and the publishers back when, and making believevthose were never pre-approved.

To: Fred Landau <fjl1960@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Feb 10, 2020 3:58 pm

Dear Mr. Landau,
Apologies for not having responded to your emails sooner than today. 
I did not have anything to do with any ‘copyright claim slapped on’ to your posts. Those would have come directly from the music publishers, who routinely police infringements of Mr. Sondheim’s works online.
I am unaware of any pre-approvals given to earlier videos by Sean Flahaven (who hasn’t worked at WarnerChappell for over two years) or Arminda Trevino (who also left two years ago) at Carlin America (which no longer exists). I can only say that none were ever presented to me by either company during the past 11 years that I have been involved in Mr. Sondheim’s matters, and they would have been submitted for authorization by both publishers in the ordinary course of events.
I have taken a look at the materials you submitted on January 22nd and do not believe they fall within the parody ‘fair use’ defense to copyright infringement under relevant case law.   
Given the Broadway production of Company that is currently in rehearsal, in addition to the other revivals of Mr. Sondheim’s shows happening on Broadway and the West End in the coming year, we would prefer not to draw the spotlight away from them and so must respectfully decline your request to approve your arrangements and altered lyrics for performance and distribution on YouTube or other online channels, by CD or other recordings, or in any other media, and ask that you refrain from posting them as unauthorized infringements.
With best wishes,
Rick Pappas

FJL

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2020, 09:50:56 AM »

Also:  Closer to our world together, Larry -

You can see how I was regarded by the sites theater people frequent, like this example - castrecl even months before what Jack did, this in Dec. 2012 from Warren.  Very soon after what Jack did, I started getting treated very poorly by castrecl, one time because of a complaint by you, Larry.

To: Fred Landau <fjl1960@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, Dec 28, 2012 1:07 am
Subject: Re: [Castrecl] [parody] Chatting is a Girl's Best Friend parody on YouTube

Hi Fred

Thrilled  to see the "Cast Recording Lis"t made into your lyrics!

Happy New Year!

Warren

FJL

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2020, 09:55:09 AM »

Lynne Heinemann used to link the parody lyrics all the time when the Times highlighted them  before 2013.

Never again after may 2013.  I had immediately become persona non. grata, getting warnings from Max and Warren.

This was part of what I was building as a career, Larry.  I have no clue why this was being disrupted.   

FJL

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2020, 09:55:47 AM »

Can I get us to page 3? 

FJL

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »

I'm also not sure why you object to anything being bought up here either.  This is an important part of my life.  Everyone wants more pages on HHW, and it allows me to get my thoughts out.

my posts on HHW don't reflect on you, on BK, in the site, or anyone, do they? 

But my posts on castrecl don't reflect on you either.  And you've complained to Warren there, and the power you have there made them make new rules about what's off topic, even out me in delayed monitoring for severalmoinths.  This after the clear enjoyment they had of what I did in Dev. 2012 as I showed you above.

Why can't anyone who is not being written about just not read it?

FJL

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2020, 10:15:25 AM »

Again:  A  private email from you would have been good, and reflected concern.  I always listen, and play attention - but not obeying doesn't mean not listening.  = instead of the public disparagement  done first by Chase yesterday and then by you. 

And I emphasize ;  After all we have been through over the years, how "there" we'd  been for each other - what you did yesterday was just  a shocker and hurtful. 

.A criminal complaint was filed against Jen Tepper, even though a misdemeanor not a felony, and I publicized it then, because Jen for months would not deny its truth. She had her lawyer retaliate the next day, by. shutting off my twitter and it remained shut off for five months.     

Tom Viertel threatened libel in Jan, 2019 if I could not prove what I said about her.  I sent in the evidence.  I never heard from Tom Viertel again after he got the evidence, not a word, and the one year statute for. libel is gone.  The Times saw the proof because I ccd the comment people, who've come to know me over the years and the times had even commissioned me to write a parody working with an editor (not much fay but the check cleared)  - and started allowing specific mention of her human rights retaliation in their comments area once they had the evidence.   They also feel now that the fact that I've been on a blacklist since complaining about Jen Tepper's human rights in a criminal complaint. 

That certainly is not old - the statute is still very much open - I'd never been blacklisted before March 2018.  It has been made explicit in an email by Tom Viertel and in a lengthy email written by that Encores lawyer. 

FJL

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2020, 10:17:03 AM »

I didn't make it to page 3.  if we need more posts later today,  I'm here sheltering in place or isolating or whatever. 

As they say - I;m  here all week.   

FJL

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2020, 10:20:45 AM »

Jack Viertel insisted in an email to Skipthat I'm not blacklisted.  But when I asked Yom to confirmed Jack was correct, he would not.  The theater is the last place where blacklisting is allowed , it seems, or at least the producers think so  :)

Fake liberals!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up