Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A TALE OF TWO PIZZAS  (Read 4439 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A TALE OF TWO PIZZAS
« on: April 23, 2020, 01:11:13 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes told a tale, and now it is time for you to post until the telling tales cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A TALE OF TWO PIZZAS
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 01:12:08 AM »

And the word of the day is: COPIOUS!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 03:54:54 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 03:58:37 AM »

I had a very strange night of sleep.  I was up and down between 9:30 and midnight.  Stella was being very skittish and wrestling with the window blinds before she finally retired to the bathroom sink.  Annabelle was being very needy and snuggled under the blankets in the crook of my knees.  Thatch was very quiet.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 04:02:01 AM »

After midnight, I had a long period where I couldn't get back to sleep.  I took a Tizanidine and a Tramadol around 1:15 and flopped about for what seemed ages before passing out.  Annabelle had by then retired to her bookcase aerie, and Stella was sleeping with me.  Sometime after that, Annabelle and Thatch crawled into bed as well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 04:08:36 AM »

I had one doozy of a dream which clearly took place in Middletown OH.  I was doing some sort of volunteer work at Mayfield School, where Randy went to elementary school, talking to the students about Sondheim.  We went on a field trip by bus to the old McAlpin's store on Central Avenue and Verity Parkway.  In a huge auditorium, all the students were learning about Sondheim and the principal called me down to talk to Steve on the phone and the class was going to sing one of his songs to him. The song was one I had never heard of and the principal said I would lead the students in it.  The title was something like "Nobody Else," and all I could think of was "Nobody Else But Me." which is by Hammerstein and Kern.  I woke while I was waiting for Steve's phone to pick up.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 04:10:27 AM »

Amazon failed me on a delivery due yesterday for dishwashing liquid, so I need a trip to the corner bodega first thing this morning.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 04:11:03 AM »

If Staples is open, I need to pay a visit there as well.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 05:10:52 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 05:35:20 AM »

I am back from the corner bodega, which is hopping this morning.  I went in for one item and left with it and a dozen others.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 05:36:24 AM »

As soon as I make the bed, I will lay out the three charts I need to photocopy at Staples.  They open at 10.

John G.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 05:36:43 AM »

I actually had a good night’s sleep. I did have dreams that involved dancing, theatrical, not ballroom.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 05:37:20 AM »

The bird is screaming for attention.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 05:42:28 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 05:47:14 AM »

My big dream was more or less the usual about my past job, but in a different setting from the norm. We were in what I think was supposed to be a new structure somewhere in the wilds of Texas. (My former company was in Texas, but not in any wilds.) It was a large building with offices in front and the manufacturing facility out back, and I was still finding my way around, and it seemed to have only one bathroom which was to be shared by literally everyone. This seemed to have traded many of the elements common to these dreams for new and different ones. It was bizarre.

And somehow or other, our dear departed (four years ago) calico "Kali" was there. Or it was a cat that looked and behaved just like her, because even in the dream I knew it couldn't really be her. Again, just bizarre.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 05:50:07 AM »

Rainy day today.

I forgot to report yesterday that gasoline is at $1.33 per gallon in this neck of the woods.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2020, 05:53:04 AM »

DR ELMORE the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that your dream indicates that your knowledge of Mr S. Sondheim is encyclopedic and that someone will soon tap into it - perhaps paying you for a collaboration of some kind.

You may even be the first person to hear about a new song or project and be involved in some way.....or perhaps it is a revival...

You also need to teach your brother something so don't hesitate to express yourself about what is going on.  You have thought of something that never entered his mind.

Also make sure you ALWAYS check your phone messages, something interesting is in the works.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 05:53:56 AM »

DR JOHN G the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that your dream indicates you need to follow your own ideas about how things are done no matter what plan is put before you.

ChasSmith

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 05:54:22 AM »

DR Elmore -- I'm guessing you probably know Emily Grishman?

On a pure whim yesterday evening I signed up for a two-hour "webinar" (I'm not actually sure what the format is to be) with her this Saturday afternoon, about the proper formatting of Broadway scores. On the one hand, this makes no sense, because do I really dream of being a music copyist when I grow up? On the other hand:  I have seen her in conversation on the web and wished it had gone on for hours; I have a passion for beautiful scores and would actually like to know more about what goes into them; and it will surely inspire me to dig into Finale better than I have. It's just a treat for myself that I sorely needed.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2020, 05:56:32 AM »

DR CHAS SMITH the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that your dream indicates a change of work conditions or an improvement in how you usually do things - to your benefit.  You are also hesitant about beginning something in a new way, but you should jump right in and enjoy the surf.  Kali is thinking of you - she is now in her third life and looks out a window somewhere waiting for you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2020, 05:56:57 AM »

DR ELMORE, DR JOHN G, and DR CHAS SMITH please each deposit $35 in my PayPal account.  Thank you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2020, 05:58:26 AM »

LOL DR CHAS SMITH you posted as I was writing.

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2020, 05:59:22 AM »

I'm also intrigued by BK's shooting video of his hands to help Richard Allen get the proper voicings. I wonder if others do that. I'm no Richard Allen, not by any means, but I know the importance of voicings and can usually pick that element up easier than certain other things on the rare occasions when I've transcribed something.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2020, 06:00:10 AM »

I had just watched Miss Shirley Knight and many others in THE GROUP on Tuesday night on TCM. 

It's a movie that I enjoy more each time I watch it.

And I am always amused to wonder which one of the actresses is the one the crew dubbed "two aspirin on an ironing board....."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 06:01:16 AM »

My question for ASK BK DAY:

What is your favorite play/movie with a female ensemble cast (men can be included in the cast).....and what is the funniest murder mystery play you have read or seen?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 06:02:50 AM »

The second part of that question can be for everyone....I really want to do a FUNNY mystery next season.....probably one set....

Several seasons ago we did DEATH BY CHOCOLATE which was a big success and is very funny.....

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 06:06:39 AM »

I'm also liking the frozen pizza idea, and I haven't had a frozen pizza in YEARS. My last time buying any (and always being at least a little disappointed in them, often a LOT disappointed) was twenty years ago.

I'm still amazed at how yummy those tacos were last night. We need our little treats in these "sheltered" days, and that sounds appealing to me. They're never all that huge, either, so mine own portions will be somewhat better controlled than usual.

John G.

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 06:34:33 AM »

Thank you, JRAND and the Dream-o-Matic 6000. That answer was better than Cats.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 06:38:59 AM »

You’re payment has been included in your stimulus check. 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 06:39:12 AM »

Let’s move on...
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up