Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: RESISTING THE URGE  (Read 3214 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
RESISTING THE URGE
« on: May 22, 2020, 12:28:47 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes resisted the urge, and now it is time for you to post until the resisting the urge cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: RESISTING THE URGE
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 12:29:53 AM »

And the word of the day is: AUTONOMOUS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 12:47:26 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I have to rerecord all three VHS tapes of my dad's trip to the Ukraine because of typos.  When he wrote on the VHS labels, he misspelled some names and I didn't think to look them up, so I just used his spellings.  After I burned the DVD (one DVD for the three VHS tapes), I deleted the files on my DVD burner.  Then, I looked up one word because I'd never heard of this place and his spelling of it was not correct.  If I hadn't deleted the files, I could've just fixed the spellings and reburned the DVD, but no...I had to delete the whole files.  So, now I have to rerecord all three VHS tapes back onto my DVD burner because I hate it when I have typos in DVDs that I make. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 12:47:51 AM »

Yes, I can be that anal-retentive...at times. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 01:18:33 AM »

I'm ketchuping on yesterday's posts.

George

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 01:20:15 AM »

~~~Additional Continued Vibes for Vixmom and Larry!!~~~

George

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 01:22:29 AM »

About the article about Fancy Feast that Larry posted yesterday...I have fed Neve (and Ebonie) Fancy Feast, but I haven't in probably a month.  I've been giving her Friskies Paté, some Extra Gravy varieties and some all-natural dry stuff, but I hadn't gotten around to getting more FF.  My niece pretty much only feeds her cats FF, so I'll have to ask her how they're doing.

George

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 01:56:55 AM »

Well, I'm off to bed.  I'm going to my parents' house today and need to get there earlier than I really want to.

Have a good day, all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 04:03:00 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 04:06:45 AM »

I had a good night opf sleep until around 3:30, when Stella decided to explore my bed table and brought down a glass of water and the lamp with a crash.  There was only a little bit of water in the glass, and the lamp luckily still works, but I was not happy.  As soon as I went back to bed, Stella was back in my bed and snuggling up to me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 04:08:09 AM »

This could be a crazy morning.  I have a p\hone discussion at 10, a food delivery any time between 9:00 and 10, and I need to call Suad with my unemployment hours.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 04:27:19 AM »

Last night I watched Chimes At Midnight, which I'm still pondering.  The Wars of the Roses fascinates me, and I really love Shakespeare's Henry V, but my problem with all the history plays, since there are large number of characters to keep track of, I usually feel I am at another's family reunion where I know only a few people, and I spend the time trying to figure oput the relationships with no guidance.

So, I enjoyed the film - the back and white photography is beautiful - and the performances, although I did not recognize John Gielgud as Henry IV until late in the movie.  I liked Margaret Rutherford as Mistress Quickly and Alan Webb as Shallow, and I wondered why Jeanne Moreai was cast as Doll Tearsheet and if she were dubbed.  As to the screenplay, it seems to mainly be the Falstaff scenes from Henry IV Parts 1 and 2, with enough of the remainder of the plays for continuity and then a bit of Henry V for Mistress Quickly's account of Falstaff's death.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 04:43:30 AM »

The last part of the film, from the new King Henry V's rejection and banishment to Falstaff's death is quite heartbreaking.  Welles is a good Falstaff and I liked Keith Baxter as Prince Hal.

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 04:53:48 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 04:58:50 AM »

Well, DR Elmore, you already posted more than I remembered about the movie. (And how did I not think to mention Margaret Rutherford?)

Better put this one on the watch pile. Better yet, establish a separate Shakespeare watch pile. That’s been a plan of mine for a while now.

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 05:03:46 AM »

I don’t think I’d even heard of Big Eyes before today’s notes.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 05:36:26 AM »

DR Vixmom, I am so hoping this caregiver works out and gives you a break from the notorious and quite common CFPCLRM (Caring For Parents Can Lead To Murder) Syndrome.  I loved and miss my dad enormously, but my last year of his cancer was enough to drive anyone mad!  When it was over, I suffered and still suffer from vWSBSDB (Wish Sibling and Bitch Sister-in-law Dead and Buried) Syndrome.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 05:37:49 AM »

Well, DR Elmore, you already posted more than I remembered about the movie. (And how did I not think to mention Margaret Rutherford?)

Better put this one on the watch pile. Better yet, establish a separate Shakespeare watch pile. That’s been a plan of mine for a while now.

I spent too much time in the 1990s on regional theatre jobs reading histories of England, 1300-1600.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 05:40:01 AM »

Kitty cleanup is done, market trip accomplished, and I need to make the bed.  At 9:30 I will call Suad, and then deal with my phone call.  It's about a projected book on the late New York State Theatre Institute.

KevinH

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 06:16:52 AM »

Good morning!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 06:40:49 AM »

I was misinformed yesterday.

I'd been told that it would be a week or more before the paperback version would join the Kindle version of BUD ABBOTT ALONE for sale on Amazon.

Yet, this morning, both versions are now available.

Sorry about that.   :-[

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0891ZYQ5B/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=bud+abbott+alone&qid=1590116758&s=books&sr=1-1
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 06:53:28 AM »

Technology DR DRUXY.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 06:53:30 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 06:53:48 AM »

Vibes that DR VIXMOM's fix works out.

Condolences on the passing of your friend.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2020, 06:54:02 AM »

Continued vibes for DR ELMORE and The Kats.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 06:54:36 AM »

It was after Henry Ford began manufacturing the Model T that the United States became AUTONOMOUS.

John G.

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 06:55:03 AM »

“This people’s got it, and this people’s spreading it around...”

That lyric takes on new meaning in our covid-19 era.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2020, 06:55:06 AM »

DR JANE is eating raw hamburger.....that can be more dangerous than eating Fancy Feast, I would imagine.

John G.

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2020, 06:55:26 AM »

Just sayin’.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2020, 08:08:39 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I have to rerecord all three VHS tapes of my dad's trip to the Ukraine because of typos.  When he wrote on the VHS labels, he misspelled some names and I didn't think to look them up, so I just used his spellings.  After I burned the DVD (one DVD for the three VHS tapes), I deleted the files on my DVD burner.  Then, I looked up one word because I'd never heard of this place and his spelling of it was not correct.  If I hadn't deleted the files, I could've just fixed the spellings and reburned the DVD, but no...I had to delete the whole files.  So, now I have to rerecord all three VHS tapes back onto my DVD burner because I hate it when I have typos in DVDs that I make. :P

Impressive 😊
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up