Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ZOOM MANIA  (Read 3387 times)

Ginny

Re: ZOOM MANIA
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2020, 03:30:14 PM »

Saturday evening greetings!  Another not-very-productive day for me.  I did do some reading on our sunny porch until a storm rolled in.  Oh, and our kitchen is cleaned up for a new week of cooking.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2020, 03:31:16 PM »

No packages, no mail = infuriating and now there won't be anything until Tuesday.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2020, 03:31:35 PM »

This Zoom concert from 54 Below is still showing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRcRsNmw7Kg
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »

Went to Jerry's Deli and brought home a Cobb salad - excellent.

John G.

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2020, 03:32:19 PM »

I had a third company come out to do an estimate on residing the house. It’s the best I’ve received but they can’t do the stucco. So I will eventually have to find a company to do the fourth wall.

I think you're supposed to break that one.

Ow.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2020, 03:32:54 PM »

Wasn't there a rule about no groaning at HHW?
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2020, 03:33:53 PM »

And that is why I would never use Zoom for anything - so amateur, terrible sound, video lag - I'm so glad we didn't do any of those things - Skype has a pro version and supposedly you can do all those things but nope.

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2020, 03:34:32 PM »

TOD - we do Zoom because that’s been chosen by the leaders of various groups in which we participate.  We have not initiated any Zooming ourselves.  I use FaceTime to chat with Rebecca, but that requires both parties to have iPhones.  For video chatting with Rob and Mary Linda we’ve used Messenger’s video function.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2020, 03:43:25 PM »

And that is why I would never use Zoom for anything - so amateur, terrible sound, video lag - I'm so glad we didn't do any of those things - Skype has a pro version and supposedly you can do all those things but nope.

THe sound is atrocious.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2020, 04:15:08 PM »

The Zoom memorial we went to was very well done and the sound was excellent.

John G.

« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »

THe sound is atrocious.

And it got worse as it went along.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2020, 04:19:05 PM »

TOD - we do Zoom because that’s been chosen by the leaders of various groups in which we participate.  We have not initiated any Zooming ourselves.  I use FaceTime to chat with Rebecca, but that requires both parties to have iPhones.  For video chatting with Rob and Mary Linda we’ve used Messenger’s video function.

We never used Messenger video before the pandemic, now we are very pleased to have it.  It is very easy to use if you are on Facebook.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2020, 04:19:41 PM »

A long time ago we switched from Skype to Google Duo and used that with the kids.

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2020, 06:30:23 PM »

I can't believe that there are people who are wanting to back to church.  Obviously they want to. But I can't believe that they are actually going to do it. That sounds beyond crazy to me.

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2020, 06:32:24 PM »

Several of you have mentioned your feelings about attending religious services under lockdown. I've been interested in your various views. What about eating out once restaurants reopen? Using public transportation? Being out and about in general?

I've been going to those doctors (and my dentist) who are open, but personally am not yet comfortable taking Lyft/Uber/cab. I rescheduled an overdue visit with the ophthalmologist because I'd have to take Lyft. I was told that they are cancelling a lot of appointments and mine might have been cancelled anyway. And I am NOT ready to eat in a restaurant!

Public transportation. No. Restaurants. No. Maybe it depends where you live. But I can't even imagine doing those things right now. 

John G.

« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »

Thus endeth the three parts of Henry VI.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2020, 06:56:42 PM »

I feel for the reporters interviewing crowds of people all refusing to wear masks.

John G.

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2020, 06:56:47 PM »

I need some laughs.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2020, 07:00:37 PM »

I think I can trust my hairstylist not to do this, still she is in a salon with other people.

"A hairstylist worked while symptomatic and exposed 91 people to coronavirus"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/us/missouri-hairstylist-coronavirus-trnd/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1rLgyf_x43mKgf2JVoMW3P83GqoT8JX2OGEdVe1XDF7oyhKYYSHRKHYUs

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2020, 07:16:13 PM »

No one will know for awhile, but exposed does not equal infected and apparently all were wearing masks.  I'm gonna guess that no one will get it.  And the article is very poorly written - it doesn't actually seem to know if the person who was asymptomatic actually tested positive.  And here's my other simple guess: If no one gets it we will not here another peep about this.  If ONE person gets it it will be plastered everywhere with no mention of the 90 who didn't get it.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2020, 07:57:10 PM »

We use Go To Meeting for our court hearings in state court.  It works very well and the video/audio is very clear, but if course it isn't music.   Our Rotary Club does Zoom meetings while the pandemic is on and my PEO group had a Zoom social.  I've done several Zoom seminars.  My grand nephew called me on Skype once, but it's the only time I used that.  I just got my iPad since I don't have an iPhone and have enjoyed visiting with my family on Facetime for the past couple days.  I'm the only one in the family who has been alone since Dad died.  They have each other and mom has her caregiver, so it's been a comfort to me to see them on Facetime.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2020, 07:59:28 PM »

I was on a zoom seminar that was hacked. A couple young kids saying a lot of foul language and drawing lewd pictures.  The host just ended the meeting

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2020, 08:05:54 PM »

They are coming to service my air conditioner.  I was asked if I was sick and was told that the service tech will be wearing eye protection a face shield, a mask, gloves, and booties.  Can't remember if they were going to wear the full suit, but I think she said that too. 

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2020, 08:06:17 PM »

On the other hand, the guy who came to give me an estimate on a new slider didn't have any PPE at all

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2020, 08:08:46 PM »

I'm not planning to go out to eat any time soon, but I may be willing to go out for coffee and sit outside with a mask on or at a distance

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2020, 08:09:50 PM »

I mowed my yard today and checked the distance on the app on my phone.  I walk 2.5 miles every time I mow my yard.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2020, 08:36:42 PM »

Very restless this evening.  Tried movie watching but too fidgety.  Listening to music - too fidgety.  Went to Gelson's and got a snack, a sweet, very small, came home and ate it.  Still restless and fidgety.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2020, 08:37:03 PM »

Someone just told me they got Barone's to go, so I may do that this week.

John G.

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2020, 08:40:02 PM »

I was on a zoom seminar that was hacked. A couple young kids saying a lot of foul language and drawing lewd pictures.  The host just ended the meeting

Apparently you have to keep the password private to avoid such takeovers. I don't know if it's that simple. But we're about to find out at work.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2020, 08:40:11 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up