Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MUCH FOOD  (Read 3477 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: TOO MUCH FOOD
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2021, 03:36:59 PM »

Futzed and finessed. Made some bow tie pasta with butter, cheese, and onions and ate that. And wrote four new pages. Taking a little break and then will go pick up whatever there is to pick up.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2021, 03:37:31 PM »

Topic of the Day:  my favorite was the ChocoTaco.  I also really liked fudge bars, or some banana flavored thing that I don't remember what it specifically was...just that it was banana flavored. :)

I have no clue what this is ;D

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2021, 03:37:58 PM »

It's basically a cone in a taco shape...and quite delish!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2021, 03:40:24 PM »

bk, the notes day that you're commencing the filming of Project Two. Isn't it Project One?
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2021, 03:48:02 PM »

Topic of the Day:  my favorite was the ChocoTaco.  I also really liked fudge bars, or some banana flavored thing that I don't remember what it specifically was...just that it was banana flavored. :)

I have no clue what this is ;D

It looks very good.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2021, 04:52:50 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2021, 04:57:50 PM »

I don't recall what my favorite ice creams flavors were as a child. I suspect I liked most of them.  Even then, I liked chocolate and vanilla together, which is still one of my favorites.

As a younger adult once I tried Swensen's German Chocolate Cake ice cream I became quite addicted. I don't think Swensen's is still around, and I haven't had it in years, but it would still probably be my favorite.

(A quick check says that Swensen's is only available in San Francisco.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 05:19:26 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2021, 04:59:12 PM »

My father had a raging sweet tooth and loved vanilla ice cream with maple syrup.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2021, 05:02:02 PM »

I was very aware of anti-Semitism and racism growing up. Culver City was all white at the time. I, too, was shocked when I learned that the real estate agents had kept it that way. There was one black boy in my high school, but I never met him. I suspect he purposely kept a low profile and we didn't have any classes together.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2021, 05:06:11 PM »

Most of my friends were Jewish. There was a Jewish family living next door and they had a daughter about my age. Her friends became my friends. The Jewish families were very kind to me. Once I was at a friend's house and a B'nai Brith meeting was going to be held there soon. My friend's mother told me I was welcome to stay, even though she knew I wasn't Jewish. I was very touched that she would include me. I didn't stay, but I've never forgotten it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2021, 05:13:58 PM »

My parents had friends they thought highly of who were Jewish, yet they'd always say, "He's Jewish." Same with my friends. I was very aware from an early age of the distinction they made. They never told me I couldn't be friends with Jewish kids, but the prejudice was obvious.

I've always been selective with my friends and based my selections on factors other than religion. I'm quite adamant that that choice is mine and mine alone, and I imagine that this is where that came from.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2021, 05:17:53 PM »

As for color, oh my God! I loved my father, but I hated his racism. As far back as I can remember I loved both Lena Horne and Ella Fitzgerald, but especially Lena. Every time they appeared on TV my dad would make a crack about race. It really drove a wedge between my parents and I.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »

Even though I saw race riots in the South on TV in high school, I thought of segregation as something in the past. It was when I moved to Alexandria, VA and saw schools which were formerly all white or all black that it came home to me that segregation existed in my lifetime, just not my community. It was a shock. When my friend Jan from next door visited I pointed this out and she was shocked, too.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2021, 05:34:22 PM »

I don't recall what my favorite ice creams flavors were as a child. I suspect I liked most of them.  Even then, I liked chocolate and vanilla together, which is still one of my favorites.

As a younger adult once I tried Swensen's German Chocolate Cake ice cream I became quite addicted. I don't think Swensen's is still around, and I haven't had it in years, but it would still probably be my favorite.

They have a website.  I recall when they opened up in Beverly Hills and were all the rage.  I liked the mocha almond fudge.  I much preferred Baskin Robbins.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2021, 05:38:32 PM »

I feel that kids are better off growing up with children of diverse backgrounds than growing up in a white (or other) ghetto. I'm very grateful for growing up around lots of Jewish families. It was an enriching experience.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2021, 05:39:35 PM »

As for color, oh my God! I loved my father, but I hated his racism. As far back as I can remember I loved both Lena Horne and Ella Fitzgerald, but especially Lena. Every time they appeared on TV my dad would make a crack about race. It really drove a wedge between my parents and I.

My only issue with a person's religion is if they try to convert me.  Fortunately that never happened until I was an adult.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2021, 05:39:58 PM »

They have a website.  I recall when they opened up in Beverly Hills and were all the rage.  I liked the mocha almond fudge.  I much preferred Baskin Robbins.

And I never liked Baskin Robbins! I wonder what it is about the two brands that made them distinctive.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2021, 05:42:17 PM »

This is sad.  While my parents had their prejudices they taught me to be respectful to all people and treat them well.  They never judged a performer by their race, thank goodness since they are the ones who took me to see Ella.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2021, 05:43:53 PM »

My only issue with a person's religion is if they try to convert me.  Fortunately that never happened until I was an adult.

Yes, the evangelism. Kids are so accepting. It's been a real challenge to me at times to tell Jehovah's Witnesses to never come here again! But in a way that I feel comfortable with. The last time I did that I asked if they had something like a Do Not Call list. They do! I asked to be put on it and haven't been bothered by them since.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2021, 05:46:18 PM »

Maybe John G can weigh in on the differences between ice cream brands. Or George can conduct a meticulous study.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2021, 05:47:55 PM »

TTFN.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2021, 05:48:01 PM »

And I never liked Baskin Robbins! I wonder what it is about the two brands that made them distinctive.

Keith's favorite flavor was vanilla and I would tell him to get something different at BR's.  I don't think the quality is good enough for vanilla.  I think their chocolate is the best and no one does almost grated chocolate as their chocolate chip.  I think it is the flavors I like about their ice cream, plus I mostly don't find it too sweet.

I think Curries Ice Cream was a better quality.  Their ice cream cakes were much better.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2021, 05:50:55 PM »

Yes, the evangelism. Kids are so accepting. It's been a real challenge to me at times to tell Jehovah's Witnesses to never come here again! But in a way that I feel comfortable with. The last time I did that I asked if they had something like a Do Not Call list. They do! I asked to be put on it and haven't been bothered by them since.

A do not call list, I had no idea.

When we lived in Pennsylvania JW, or some other Christian group, stopped at our house.  They were nice & friendly and were fine when I told them I was Jewish and not converting.  Still they kept stopping by.  Years late I mentioned them and Bryan said he just thought they were friends of mine visiting ;D  I guess he was too young to wonder why they were never invited inside.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2021, 06:15:15 PM »

I have called and sent an email request to my house representative.  After I sent the email this immediately popped up on her website:
"Thank you for contacting my office. Your concerns, thoughts and questions are important to me. Due to the volume of mail I receive, please allow time for my staff and me to read and respond to your message. I will work to respond as quickly as possible."

I realize it is after hours but I suspect she has been overwhelmed with messages since the 6th.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2021, 06:18:26 PM »

Yes, project one :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2021, 06:31:02 PM »

Eight pages, and taking at least an hour break.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2021, 07:01:13 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2021, 07:02:52 PM »

Travel vibes for DR John G.!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2021, 07:05:49 PM »

Maybe John G can weigh in on the differences between ice cream brands. Or George can conduct a meticulous study.

Unless a particular brand is really bad, I don't mind something that's not quite as good as the best, so no meticulous study from me! ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up