Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LUSTY MONTH OF MAY  (Read 14814 times)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
Re:THE LUSTY MONTH OF MAY
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2005, 01:50:18 PM »

No, BK, I'm doing the term paper I've been doing since last night. I have more than one, you know.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2005, 01:53:22 PM »

I think your school shall be ridiculous.  More than one term paper?  Outrageous.  Boycott, that's what I say, and if that doesn't work, girlcott.

Ann, of course, immediately left the room.  I'm afraid it's Boot Hill for Ann.

But I spy me an elmore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2005, 01:54:09 PM »

And S. Woody White left the room, too - that venison must be simmering away in a sauce made of the WUSSBURGER berry.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2005, 01:54:40 PM »

What a lovely number of postings I'm coming up to - I like the sound of it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2005, 01:55:35 PM »

Of course, all the errant and truant will return with their usual, "Oh, I wasn't around all weekend" bushwa.  And we shall laugh and laugh and just when we think we cannot laugh more we will laugh again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2005, 01:56:48 PM »

I spy me an elmore and a Pardner Pogue.  Sandra is, of course, eating floop and trying to fool everyone into thinking she's still doing the term paper she's been doing for five weeks.

I wonder if Sandra has all the Plaid tracks I've produced over the years.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2005, 01:57:11 PM »

12,500 - that has a nice ring to it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2005, 01:57:23 PM »

I am my own frenzy.

Danise

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2005, 02:07:52 PM »

I have been lazy today folks.  L A Z Y.  I did all the shopping and mowed the lawn both front and back yard last night.  I took a shower and was so tired, I laid down, went to sleep (about ten till eight last night) and didn’t wake up until twelve forty five this afternoon.  

I guess I was tired.  Is that the understatement of the day?  

;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »

elmore and Pardner Pogue took a hike without posting.  

Sandra is eating floop.

And I - I am flitting about trying to get out of my own head.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2005, 02:23:15 PM »

I've had a busy afternoon of watching shows and films on my DVR: two episodes of NUMBERS, the rest of BERSERK, and all of GUNGA DIN.

NUMBERS continues to show promise. BERSERK! was even worse than I remembered it being since so much of it are circus acts. There's probably about 45 minutes of plot there. I was going to burn a DVD of this after eliminating the circus acts. but decided there weren't enough campy lines to justify burning a DVD.

GUNGA DIN. Well, what can one say? One of the great action-adventure movies ever made. If one ever wondered where Steven Spielberg and George Lucas got ideas for the INDIANA JONES films, just take a gander at GUNGA DIN.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2005, 02:26:19 PM »

Now that we're into the ratings sweeps, we get to have new episodes of all of our favorite TV shows. My poor DVR is going to be working overtime catching various shows.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2005, 02:27:47 PM »

But all of this clearing off of the DVR meant that DVDs suffered being ignored today. Haven't had a chance to watch any DVDs today. Maybe I can squeeze in the rest of ASSASSINS when I go back downstairs.

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2005, 02:35:24 PM »

My vast acreage is now weedless. Perhaps I will take snapshots.

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2005, 02:36:32 PM »

I tried Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi today....and I liked it!!

I have still not found any Diet Cherry Coke to sample. There must be some someplace.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2005, 02:43:41 PM »

I just finished a two liter bottle of Diet Cherry Coke a couple of days ago. There's plenty of it on the East Coast!  :D

The diet cherry Pepsi tastes very similar to me. I probably prefer the diet cherry Pepsi by the tiniest of margins. And I just bout two 2 liter bottles of the diet cherry Pepsi this morning at the grocery store. They were on sale for 79 cents a bottle.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2005, 02:53:11 PM »

I don't really go for the Diet Cherry Coke. I only tried it one day because the vending machine gave me one instead of the regular Cherry Coke.

Meanwhile, I only have one more can of Cherry Coke. Uh oh.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2005, 02:56:59 PM »

and I'm back on Boot Hill...I should buy a home here.  At least the view is nice...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2005, 02:58:06 PM »

And S. Woody White left the room, too - that venison must be simmering away in a sauce made of the WUSSBURGER berry.
No, I decided to take a nap.

We had venison a couple of nights ago.  Last night was chicken.  I think tonight will be a good night for beef chili.

They're still reporting about Jessica, the runaway bride.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2005, 03:07:23 PM »

On this day, in 1931, the Empire State Building in New York City was opened.

It was built on the site of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2005, 03:08:23 PM »

My Vast Acreage is Now Weedless - that's the title of my next novel.  Have I mentioned the real title of my next novel?  Maybe it's time to let that cat out of the bag.

Ann came down from Boot Hill to make a posting.  We love that.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2005, 03:10:46 PM »

It's a busy month for food celebrations.

May is National Hamburger Month.

May is National Barbecue Month.

May is National Egg Month.

May is National Asparagus Month.   :P

May is National Salad Month.

May is National Salsa Month.

And May is National Strawberry Month.

Betcha didn't know any of this!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2005, 03:14:57 PM »

Mix all those foods together, S. Woody, and you have a real winner.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2005, 03:22:09 PM »

Currently, in Humboldt, Tennessee, they are holding the 67th Annual West Tennessee Strawberry Festival.  It runs through next Sunday, the 8th.

And on May 4th, Wednesday, the 37th Eastern Shore Seafood Festival is being held in Chincoteague, Virginia!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2005, 03:30:21 PM »

May is also a big month for another reason - sparkling prize to the first who guesses why.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2005, 03:44:09 PM »

Good Afternoon!

8:00 - Alarm goes off.
8:00:05 - I hit the Snooze bar.
8:09 - Alarm goes off again.
8:09:10 - I hit the Snooze bar again.
8:18 - Alarm goes off again.
8:18:06 - I move the switch on my clock radio over to "Radio"
8:18:07-9:06 - I listened to NPR from the Church of the Warm Comforter.
9:07 - I get out of bed and start moving things around in order to clear a paths for moving the boxes.
9:18 - My friend, Mark, calls to confirm that I'm moving stuff into storage and ask if I can pick him up.  Whew!!!  -When I saw the Caller ID, I panicked for a sec.
9:46 - I arrive at Mark's place and we head over to U-Haul.
10:04 - We leave the U-Haul place with the 10-foot moving van/truck.
10:15 - We start loading boxes into the truck.
12:05 - We finish loading all the stuff into the truck.  :)
12:15 - We start unloading everything at the U-Haul place.
2:08 - We finish loading everything at the U-Haul place, I go through the paperwork to return the truck, and we head back into the Fan to find a place to get some brunch/lunch.
2:25 - We settle into our patio area table at Three Monkeys for brunch.  We both order their "Tri-Pork Omellette" - filled with bacon, Virginia ham, and Andouille sausage, with provolone and mozzarella cheese.  And we each order a "Bloody Monkey" - which happens to come in a tall Iced Tea glass.  Quite the kick, and a lingering taste of Old bay - quite good.
2:50 - Both Mark and I realized just how much vodka was in our "Bloody Monkeys".  ;)
3:15 - After catching up, and finishing our very generous portions, we walk back over to my place - I parked there.  En route, we "pick up" my roomie.  I drive Mark home, and then I drive my roomie to work.

Once I got back to the apartment, I changed out of my dusty clothes and walked over to the Byrd Park for their annual "Arts in the Park" function.  Lots of vendors this year - looks a lot bigger than last years "AitP".  I ended up buying two lithographs - from pen & ink drawings - of two Richmond landmarks:  The Sauer's Vanilla sign, and Stella's (my favorite (Greek) restaurant).  I walked around for about an hour, and I even took some pics which I'll post later.  Then it was over to Carytown to pick up a copy of the New York Times and Richmond Times-Dispatch.  Then over to Bev's Ice Cream - waffle cone, 1/2 Mocha Almond, 1/2 Heath Bar.  YUM!!!

And now I'm back here resting my feet...

And reading and posting...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2005, 03:51:20 PM »

Time to go to the store...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2005, 03:53:55 PM »

And I have to say, it's been a perfectly perfect day for my last 'official' day in Richmond.  The weather is perfect - 68, blues skies, light breeze.  My move this morning went incredibly smoothly.  -Thank you, Mark!!

*It was fun turning in the truck I rented.  The total mileage was: Four.  Even the clerk laughed.  ;)  And I didn't even have to worry about stopping at the gas station.

I'm sooo glad I went over to Byrd Park. Lots of people, and it's always fun seeing what arts and crafts people have for sale.  And I'm sooo glad I picked up to of those Richmond prints.  I've eyed her work for years, and I figured, I might as well... So.. I'll post pics later.

So...

Now I'm back here resting my feet.  In a little bit, I'm gonna take a shower, and then it's massage time!!!  Hoo and Ray!!

And then "Desperate Housewives" and then maybe Barcode for karaoke.  -And I'm thinking I'm going to sing tonight too!

I'm probably going to end up crashing here on the couch so that Steve doesn't have to wait up for me tonight, so to speak.  Tomorrow morning, I'll finish cleaning and packing up the few things I have left here, and then...

Onward and Upward!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2005, 03:55:18 PM »

Well, let me get cleaned up...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2005, 03:56:08 PM »

Fifteen hours later and no-one has mentioned The Beach Boys, the Four Seasons, Herman's Hermits or the Temptations. There have been some wonderful boy groups. The Mills Brothers and The Ink Spots. Maybe they were Men groups.  Boy groups - Jackson Five and the Osmonds
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 03:57:32 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up