Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OPENING NIGHT  (Read 12317 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2005, 08:23:02 AM »

Back to "Il Divo" for a sec...

As for their connection to Daytime TV - They were first presented on "The Oprah Show" for their official American TV debut.  They also made a cameo appearance on a soap opera in the past few months - and I thought it was a CBS one.  Maybe so?  Maybe not?

In short... It's all about selling CDs and possibly picking up a few extra viewers for the ratings.  Showbiz is just showbiz.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2005, 08:25:09 AM »

OHH!   Page Two!!!

Since I'm listening to some big band music right now...  How about...

Hmmm...

-I'm drawing a blank...

Well...

THE HOP!!!

-That'll have to do for now... My apologies..

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2005, 08:25:26 AM »

Good Morning, DR Jane!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2005, 08:28:47 AM »

Well, like DRs MattH and JRand I too have a long day ahead of me...

*I'm hoping the weather stays as nice as it is right now - another nap on Freedom Plaza would be great between shows!

I hope BK and the rest of the New York denizens continue to have a great weekend.

And I hope all the other Hainsies and Kimlets have very good days today too!

Go look at the clouds for a while.

:)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2005, 08:29:34 AM »

Oh...

DR Iris - Yes, David Miller is the American fourth of "Il Divo".
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2005, 08:38:02 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I always find it so easy to sleep late in New York, New York.

Very gray outside my window.

PRETZEL, baby, PRETZEL.  Who is it?

And where in tarnation IS everyone?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2005, 08:45:54 AM »

Jose a Cold Stone Creamery moved into my brother’s neighborhood and put his beloved Ben and Jerry’s out of business.  After many frustrating attempts he discovered the sorbet is enjoyable, far superior to their ice cream.

Do you order double crunchies on the Carvel ice cream cakes?  The only way to eat them IMHO.

Jane

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2005, 08:48:46 AM »

I missed Jose.

Bruce I hate to sit in the back of the plane and am more likely to get air sick back there.  I can understand your refusing to move.  I’m just shocked they lied about it.  By chance does the person in the wheel chair not board if they can’t get the seat they want?  

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2005, 08:49:20 AM »

Jose a Cold Stone Creamery moved into my brother’s neighborhood and put his beloved Ben and Jerry’s out of business.  After many frustrating attempts he discovered the sorbet is enjoyable, far superior to their ice cream.

Do you order double crunchies on the Carvel ice cream cakes?  The only way to eat them IMHO.

I cannot image a Cold Stone Creamery putting a Ben and Jerry's out of business! I guess I just prefer B & J's...not that I get to eat it anymore  >:(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2005, 08:57:46 AM »

I made sure to look for wheelchair people before I boarded - there wasn't a single wheelchair in sight.  And since they board from the front and back of the plane, there would have been no problem whatsoever.  It was a load of horse pucky.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2005, 08:58:07 AM »

Someone whom I nicknamed PRETZEL has not owned up to the fact.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2005, 08:59:48 AM »

AOL, ladies and gentleman.  Last night, everything was peachy keen re AOL.  Not a prob.  This morning, AOL has "lost connection" no less than seven times in a half-hour.  It's completely sickening and how they get away with it is even more sickening.  I am seriously thinking of alternatives now.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2005, 09:17:33 AM »

Someone whom I nicknamed PRETZEL has not owned up to the fact.

And why would someone nicknamed PRETZEL own up to that fact ;D.  

Jane

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2005, 09:22:08 AM »

Mbarnum I agree even though I’m not keen on B & J’s.  I find it is too sweet even for me and I simply don’t feel well after eating it.  I’m just lucky my brother doesn’t have a Baskin Robbins near him or I would gain tons of weight when I stay with him.  It is bad enough he is near a Whole Foods. :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2005, 09:31:10 AM »

RANT OVER

I will let you know how it ALL turns out.
Vibes for JRand!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2005, 09:43:27 AM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Not when I'm in NY - I'm afraid everyone will have to pull their weight, oh, yes, I'm afraid everyone will have to pull their weight.  I shall now be on my way so they can clean the room - first to Drat! the Cat! then to Joe Allen, then back to the hotel.  I do hope I have some excellent reading matter upon my return.

Ben

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2005, 09:47:16 AM »

Hmmm, if someone was nicknamed Pretzel last night then I was high on too much iced tea with lemon and missed that round in the repartee! I don't have a clue who has a new nickname.

Yes, a group of theatres on Theatre Row (42nd Street between 9th and 10th Avenues) are being torn down. Just about a year ago (maybe longer) they renovated some of the other facilities (including the theatre where DR Penny performed) and they built a brand new Playwright's Horizons facility. Now the theatres west of Dyer Avenue (a little jog in the street leading in and out of the Lincoln Tunnel) are being torn down and rebuilt, among them the Douglas Fairbanks and the John Houseman. A now defunt film/television studio will be torn down as well as an empty restaurant building. The 47th Street theatre space where FB: SVU will move is not the best location for that show, IMHO (if it's the place I'm thinking of, 47th Street just off 8th Avenue in a walk-up somewhat hole-in-the-wall space). Oh, well. That's some of the fun of New York. Finding performing spaces in the least likely of places.

The Soiree last night was quite wonderful. We had laughs and good food and better company. Larry left to go home right away as did I. Anthony had a performance last night and he was home waiting for me so I didn't join the gang going to various cabaret spots.

I'm about to head out again to see Anthony's show (how many time have I told you all this, it must be boring to you) along with 12 Morelli family members. That's the scary part. It will be a hoot. Then off for pizza at one of his cousin's.

Later, gaters.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 09:49:15 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2005, 09:48:46 AM »

Bruce, before you head to Drat the Cat, stop at the Half Price board to see which shows are up and playing this evening. On Sunday the booth opens at 11 am and sells tickets all day. Someone there can tell you which shows, other than Spelling Bee, are playing this evening.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2005, 09:52:05 AM »

Hmmm...Pretzel was at the dinner last night, and a regular at HHW...This eliminates Antonia, Tom Amorosi, and Richard Valley...And Ben hadn't posted yet by the time BK announced that he, BK, had given said Pretzel the nickname...

Having whittled the possibilities down to two, I'm going to guess that Pretzel is Rodzinsky!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2005, 10:00:38 AM »

Last night, to accompany our pork chops and cider-glazed carrots, I made hushpuppies.  The recipe made a whole bunch of hushpuppies, plenty for der Brucer and myself, and still with plenty left over.

This morning, when I awoke, all the hushpuppies were gone!

My hunch is that Fletcher got them down from where I'd set them, and shared with everyone else.  He's a good dog that way.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2005, 10:06:20 AM »

For the hushpuppies, I used a recipe of Emeril's, but I found they cooked up better using a heaping teaspoon rather than a tablespoon of batter per pup.

Cider is a great cooking liquid for carrots.  Use enough to just cover, maybe toss in some ground cumin or other spice, and set to simmer very low until the carrots are cooked through.  The cider cooks down and makes for a very nice glaze.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2005, 10:11:16 AM »

Sunday greetings!

I am enjoying a very quiet day, after several weeks of being 'way too busy.  DH Richard is off to Dayton to sing with one of his shape-note groups and I'm going to read, watch TV, and eat cold pizza.

Dinner last night at Joe Allen sounds quite delightful.  We went to The Jug, a local burger joint that has been around since Richard's parents were dating in the '30's.  They still have car hops, root beer in frosted mugs, and trays that hang on your car window.  It's only open May-September and this was our first visit for the season.  Last summer, DS  Rob worked there as a cook.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2005, 10:43:29 AM »

As God is my witness, I have no recollection of anyone being nicknamed Pretzel. And I drank not a drop of alcohol. Therefore, perhaps Elmore is Pretzel?

PS: If I am Pretzel, I know not why. My lousy posture?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2005, 10:48:48 AM »

I like Coldstone okay. But it is such dense ice cream, I can't usually finish even the smallest size. I like the soft-served of Foster's or the Ol' DQ, neither of which have an NYC presence. Dipped cones. They are the answer to a lot of life's problems.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2005, 10:54:25 AM »

As God is my witness, I have no recollection of anyone being nicknamed Pretzel. And I drank not a drop of alcohol. Therefore, perhaps Elmore is Pretzel?

PS: If I am Pretzel, I know not why. My lousy posture?

I swear, I heard nothing about anyone being Pretzel last night!  Is our BK hallucinating?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2005, 10:57:02 AM »

DRRodzinski, you were asking about other musicals by Julian slade; I bought one at tower last night, TRELAWNEY!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2005, 10:58:52 AM »

Awesome! You had already bought that when I asked you about it? That's wild.
You know, I had totally forgotten buying the ZIP GOES A MILLION cast CD, and now I have that to listen to right now!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2005, 11:00:31 AM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Not when I'm in NY - I'm afraid everyone will have to pull their weight, oh, yes, I'm afraid everyone will have to pull their weight.  I shall now be on my way so they can clean the room - first to Drat! the Cat! then to Joe Allen, then back to the hotel.  I do hope I have some excellent reading matter upon my return.

Pull their own weight!  You can't be serious.  At my age, I can't even pull a hamstring.

However, if it just a question of posting, then I will try during the day to add a few profound (or not) posts to the proceedings.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2005, 11:01:54 AM »

I like Coldstone okay. But it is such dense ice cream, I can't usually finish even the smallest size. I like the soft-served of Foster's or the Ol' DQ, neither of which have an NYC presence. Dipped cones. They are the answer to a lot of life's problems.
Nope, did a search and DQ doesn't have a branch in NYC.  More of a Jersey thing.

Moo.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2005, 11:02:54 AM »

Larry, I am so glad to know that you are out and about.  Please don't overdue it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up