Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OPENING NIGHT  (Read 12316 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2005, 11:06:48 AM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2005, 11:06:56 AM »

My hunch is that Fletcher got them down from where I'd set them, and shared with everyone else.  He's a good dog that way.

You must be very proud of him! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2005, 11:07:40 AM »

Yeah, S. Woody. Then if you go to Texas there is a Dairy Queen at practically every exit off every highway.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2005, 11:08:39 AM »

Pull their own weight!  You can't be serious.  At my age, I can't even pull a hamstring.
Just a chain or two, right?

8)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2005, 11:09:55 AM »

Yeah, S. Woody. Then if you go to Texas there is a Dairy Queen at practically every exit off every highway.
Have to keep those Texas boys and girls employed somehow.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2005, 11:21:46 AM »

Didn't ANYONE remember to take pics last night?

George

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2005, 11:39:56 AM »

Didn't ANYONE remember to take pics last night?

Yes.  Last night BK wrote:

I was the only one to bring a camera to the gathering, but I won't be able to post the photographs until I get back to LA and can get them onto the computer.

George

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2005, 11:40:14 AM »

So...we wait. ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2005, 12:06:51 PM »

My favorite Sinatra recording is the entire In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning album.  A great recording to play on a rainy night when one is feeling moody.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2005, 01:42:32 PM »

Well, I'll be off for now.  I have to take a shower and do stuff.  Tonight's ABC lineup from 7-11 p.m. will totally be "Must See TV" (an NBC reference ;) )

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2005, 02:21:16 PM »

I've got some ground vension thawing, and I can't decide whether I want to make a venison chili or a stroganoff.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2005, 02:22:05 PM »

I'll be danged, I found some more rice.   :-\

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2005, 02:44:25 PM »

Yep tonight is the season finale of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!

Right now I'm watching the Tom Cruise movie COLLATERAL.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2005, 03:40:44 PM »

I'm back from the new STAR WARS:  Something of the Sith.  Revenge?  I had a good time, perhaps a little less CGI and a bit more of the characters would have clarified some things.  I'm not a STAR WARS fanatic, so I forget who people are.  Sometimes a bit of reminding would be helpful, especially when over half the film seems to be watchng men in costumes waving light sabers at a person I'm trying to recall.  On the plus side, it was nice to see how it all falls into place for Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, and I loved John Williams' score, especially the moment when Princess Leia's theme from the very first film made its appearance.

I also watched today the Al Pacino MERCHANT OF VENICE, which I enjoyed quite a lot, even if it is basically the story of an ageing queen, a young hustler, a rich lady, and the Jew who helps them all out with a vengeance.  What glorious language!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 03:41:56 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2005, 04:15:02 PM »

Elmore just today Keith was commenting too much time has lapsed since we saw the previous films.  It is too late to watch them again before we see the current movie.  

Jane

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2005, 04:22:26 PM »

TCB and Jed, I am very sorry to say it looks like I won’t be able to see Annie Get Your Gun.  I’m very disappointed.  Might there be a recording?

Danise

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2005, 04:29:27 PM »

Hi all!

I was very glad to read that wonderful time was had by all last night.   :)

I've been working most of the day on that project for work.  I think I've done what they want.  

I'm sorry to say that I had throw your lovely flowers out today, DR Jane.  Thank you again for them.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2005, 04:36:57 PM »

DR Elmore, you didn’t remember what happened in the last Star Wars Movie?  Gasp!    I’m shocked!    ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2005, 05:17:23 PM »

I'm back from Drat! the Cat! and dinner.  Seventy-seven posts???  Seventy-seven posts, my ASS.  Let's not get complacent around here just because I'm off doing very important things.  I will have a complete report on my day in the notes, but let's get some postin' goin' on, shall we?

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2005, 05:34:47 PM »

Here's what I've done today:

Watched a DVD, "Recording The Producers" - about the making of the cast album.

Watched a PBS pledge-drive special "Broadway's Lost Treasures"

During the pledge breaks, I read Madeline Albright's autobiography, Madam Secretary.

DH Richard brought me frozen yogurt (chocolate and vanilla swirl).

All in all, a very relaxing day.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2005, 05:45:06 PM »

I didn't even bother with Star Wars II.

I felt so burned by SWUno that spending anything on the second, time or money, didn't seem worth it.

Der B, of course, has told me "But we have to see it, Star Wars is iconic."

No, chapters IV, V, and VI were iconic.  Chapters I, II and III are at best a con.

From what I've heard, the Wookie gets all the best dialogue.

:P
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 05:45:45 PM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2005, 05:47:26 PM »

Today is National Vanilla Pudding Day.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2005, 05:59:46 PM »

Danise you sure had the flowers a long time.  I'm impressed and I bet they looked rather pathetic by the time you trashed them. ;D  

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2005, 06:14:06 PM »

What'd you choose, SWOody? Venison?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2005, 06:15:17 PM »

Same here, SWoody. After Jar Jar in episode 1, no need to return to the theater for me.
By the way, is there any brand that does not have a tie-in with Star Wars right now?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2005, 06:18:35 PM »

I just watched what I'd call a very good TV movie on ABC family. Skillfull script, well performed, very romantic in fact.
Patrick Dempsey and the girl from FATHER OF THE BRIDE in a movie called LUCKY 7.
This girl's mother died when she was young and gave her a list, just for fun, of things to accomplish in life. Of course, the girl takes everything literally and thinks it will be her 7th boyfriend who she marries. Complications ensue, etc. A good time.

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2005, 06:20:13 PM »

By the way, is there any brand that does not have a tie-in with Star Wars right now?

DR Rodzinski, I wondered the same thing at the grocery last weekend.  The only one to which we've succumbed is dark chocolate M & M's.  They're so-o-o-o good!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2005, 06:22:08 PM »

It was "Patrick Dempsey Day" I guess, due to the season finale of whatever show he's on on ABC, because they also showed CAN'T BUY ME LOVE, which was one of the better teen comedies of the 80s, in my opinion.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM »

Ginny, they had Stormtroopers handing those things out in Times Square last week! "Come to the Dark Side". It almost becomes a ritual, this marketing stuff, where the press discusses the "impact on society", meanwhile the impact is enforced on society, really, by marketing and advertising folks. Such is the way of the world, I guess.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2005, 06:25:23 PM »

JRand, how did it all go?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up