Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FINDING KRITZERLAND  (Read 18567 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:FINDING KRITZERLAND
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2005, 05:10:38 PM »

Nice 'n' easy is good but why haven't you tried the watermelon?  I just had some and it was delicious.

Tomovoz

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2005, 05:28:33 PM »

So how is tooth fairy Ron?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2005, 05:58:22 PM »

Six o'clock and I'm the only one here?  No, no, this will NOT do.  Let us get off our complacent butt cheeks and get some postin' goin' on around this jernt.

Tomovoz

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2005, 05:59:56 PM »

I mention a tooth fairy and everyone disappears. I assure you I did not make a wish.
Perhaps everyone else is researching trivia!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 06:00:17 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2005, 06:04:35 PM »

What a day this has been. Stayed home. Did nothing. I think I will chnage my avitar.
Never stop dreaming.

François de Paris

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2005, 06:07:23 PM »

I'm sure a lot of tooth fairies joined the Gay Pride Parade here today in Paris, France!

François de Paris

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2005, 06:08:32 PM »

What a day this has been....

What a rare mood you're in..... right? :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2005, 06:09:43 PM »

I believe in faeries.  

Trying to decide whether to go see Mr. and Mrs. Smith.  I've been in the house all day long, so I may go out.  I also have to get some NyQuil for later.  My congestion feels better but my throat is definitely on the sore side.  Maybe I'll pick up some watermelon bits at Gelson's.

François de Paris

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2005, 06:11:01 PM »

I wonder if our kimlettes do like that.... parure?

http://www.1001dessous.com/lingerie-culotte-boxer-165-14.html

François de Paris

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2005, 06:15:58 PM »

Trying to decide whether to go see Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Do they live close by? ;)

In France, they show the film in two parts:
first Mr Smith, then Mrs Smith!

They plan a sequel: Mr & Mrs Smith Go to Washington!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 06:18:30 PM by François de Paris »

François de Paris

« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2005, 07:00:32 PM »

Prolific Disney Recording Artist Robie Lester Dies at 75

Grammy-nominated Hollywood singer/actress Robie Lester, singing voice behind Eva Gabor in The AristoCats and The Rescuers who, died Tuesday, June 14, of cancer at St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank at age 75.

Lester helped teach millions of children how to read beginning in 1965 as the “Disneyland Story Reader,” on the record label's 7-inch book and records sets. For seven years following, she told young readers to turn the page “when Tinker Bell rings her little bells.” Between the “little LP's” and full-length albums, Lester recorded more single Disney records than any other performer, playing a variety of roles from Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz to Duchess in The AristoCats, a “Storyteller” album that was nominated for a 1970 Grammy.

In the film version of AristoCats, Lester was the singing voice for Eva Gabor, a task she repeated in 1977 for The Rescuers. Lester was one of Hollywood's most sought-after studio soloists for countless commercials and recordings, including the Spanish vocal in The Sandpiper's hit single, “Guantanamera.” She also played schoolteacher Jessica (who becomes Mrs. Claus) opposite Mickey Rooney in the Rankin/Bass animated special Santa Claus is Comin' to Town.
Lester was born in Megargel, Texas and raised in northern Ontario, Canada.

After a few years in Detroit, she joined the United States Air Corps before attending UCLA with a major in music. In Hollywood, she worked with Henry Mancini and Herb Alpert, recorded for Liberty, Warner Brothers and A&M Records and sang demos for songwriters. Disney tunesmiths Richard and Robert Sherman brought Lester to the attention of Disney's in-house record label.

Lester spent her later years in Fillmore, California, writing novels, fund raising and crusading for animal rights. In the last few years of her life, she was gratified to discover a fan base that had grown up with her work.

Her last voice performance was for the Adventures in Odyssey radio series.

Lester is survived by her husband, producer Geoff Eccleston, daughter Mindy and three grandchildren.

François de Paris

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2005, 07:16:43 PM »

More fairies in Queensland, Oz soon?

The Mickey Mouse state?

Chris Griffith
23jun05

THE Walt Disney Company is believed to be again considering a Disneyland-type venture in Queensland.

Sources told The Courier-Mail the State Development Department had been conducting a highly confidential assessment of potential sites of the dimension that a Disney park or resort would need.

Neither Disney nor the State Government would confirm or deny the step.

In fact, the Walt Disney Company was keen to highlight the success of its existing overseas theme park ventures in Paris and Tokyo, which it said had become the number one tourist destinations in both countries.

State Development Minister Tony McGrady, who is in the US, yesterday would not confirm or deny whether he had held talks with the Walt Disney Company or any other US theme park or resort conglomerate.

Sources said the department had been preparing a list of possible sites which included the Brisbane Entertainment Centre site at Boondall or ones near Gold Coast theme parks. They said any proposal to snare a Disney project would meet fierce competition from other states.

Disney itself also would not confirm nor deny any proposal "at this point".

Spokeswoman Michele Nachum, speaking from Burbank, California, said Disney was expanding its business outside the US. It already has international theme parks in Paris and Tokyo and is preparing to open Hong Kong Disneyland in September 2005.

"All I can say at this point is that we are always looking at strategic markets around the world to grow our business," Ms Nachum said.

"We are definitely looking around the world in strategic areas to look at whether we would build, not necessarily always theme parks, but expand our business in a multitude of ways."

This is not the first Disney proposal to be floated in southeast Queensland. In 1997, Disney held talks in the US with then Borbidge government minister Mick Veivers over a possible Bribie Island base.

Lord Mayor Campbell Newman said last night the mayors of southeast Queensland would be keen to work on any Disney proposal, but he was against the Boondall wetlands for conservation reasons.

Tomovoz

« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2005, 08:01:07 PM »

DR JMK are you familiar with a Bacharach/David song "Long Ago Last Summer"?  It was a top 10 hit here in Melbourne in 1960. (Diana Trask)
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2005, 08:13:07 PM »

Exactly right, DR Michael Shayne. The Broadway theater season as far as the TOnys was concerned used to end much earlier than it does now. COMPANY opened at the end of the 1970 season but it opened after the Tony cutoff date, so that allowed APPLAUSE to win the Tony for 1970 and COMPANY to win for 1971.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2005, 08:22:55 PM »

I watched an interesting Showtime original movie tonight called FATHER AND SONS. Lovely cast of actors (Bradley Whitford, Kathy Baker, John Mahoney, Gale Harold, Ron Eldard) and three moving vignettes about fathers and their topsy-turvy relationships with their sons.

divarobbie

• There's always one step further down you can go...
    • RobbieRozelle.com
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2005, 08:30:59 PM »

WELCOME BACK Divarobbie!

Any news on when your cd is coming out?

Um, I BELIEVE November 15.  I hope anyway.  All but two songs are "in the can."  Thanks for wondering, and welcoming me back :)  Does this mean I'll have more than three copies sold? (Two, of course, to my mother... one that she can E-bay when she's ninety).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2005, 08:31:26 PM »

Nice new avatar DRMICHAEL SHAYNE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2005, 08:31:59 PM »

Bernadette Peters provokes a Zach Kauffman reaction from me.

:P
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2005, 08:55:04 PM »

I really don't like ALW and his shows, but I have to admit I find SONG AND DANCE relatively entertaining (and EVITA, too. You can have the rest of his output.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2005, 09:10:01 PM »

Good Evening!

Back in Fairfax...

Good dinner.   Steve's new neighbor, Paul, is a very nice guy.  And he comes up to DC a lot for work and family.  And he knows DC restaurants.  So, we may be checking out a new Ethiopian place up here next week.

:)

All in all, the two days down in Richmond were just what I needed.  After all the various agita I've been dealing with up here in DC the past two weeks, I just needed the escape.  And since I could actually afford the time to do so...

I'm still feeling a bit sobered from my visit to my storage unit, but I've planned out a plan, and barring any major roadblocks, it's all very doable.  Details to come.  Or not.  ;)

I just hope all the "stupid people" keep to themselves this week.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2005, 09:11:47 PM »

DR Jane - Well... I wouldn't mind driving you up from DC, but there's really no place to eat along the way unless you like eating Rest Stop food - Roy Rogers, Cinnabon, Sbarro, Nathan's, Starbucks, etc.

-Of course, there is Little Italy and Greek Town in Baltimore...

Hmmm...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2005, 09:23:19 PM »

Jose you might have mentioned Teany's or someplace like it.  I don't remember a website.  

If we are really going to eat at all the food places you and Ben have mentioned I will need to WALK, WALK, WALK to burn off the calories.  I will be very embarrassed if you need to roll me down the streets of NY. ;D

I don't think I've mentioned teany before... Hmm... But I have mentioned Teaism in DC.  In any case...

Well, if we make a full day of it, we can start on the Lower East Side at the Donut Plant and/or teany for brekkies... Walk across to Soho for Marie-Belle for the mid-morning chocolate break... Then to The Village for John's Pizza (lunch) and Cones (dessert, gelato) and Magnolia (snack, dessert)... Up to Chelsea with stops at Li-Lac and Chocolate Bar (mid-afternoon chocolate break) and the Chelsea Market (late-afternoon snack at Amy's Breads, Fat Witch Brownies and/or Eleni's Cookies)... Then make our way up to Midtown to the Cupcake Cafe (just because)...  Then up Columbus Cirlce just to see and/or eat at the Whole Foods at the Time-Warner Center - and rest our feet on the comfy chaises up on the third or fourth level overlooking the Park...  Then up to Artie's for dinner... Then across the street to Beard Papa Cream Puffs for dessert!

Sounds like a plan - and a very full day - to me!  *And we can zig-zag and back track on opposite sides of the street just to add some mileage.

*OH!  I forgot about Rice to Riches!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2005, 09:42:27 PM »

I'm still feeling a bit sobered from my visit to my storage unit,

I know the feeling! Today we emptied one of the storage units. Everything seems much shabbier than when we put it in five years ago. I can't believe some of the stuff we saved!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2005, 09:44:13 PM »

I just hope all the "stupid people" keep to themselves this week.

I'll try to be very quiet this week.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2005, 10:09:29 PM »

I'm home and at the Amercian Cancer Society's Relay For Life, I walked more than two and a half hours total.  Our team (The Bookers) raised more than $3,800!  And the event has raised about $275,000 total (which is less than the goal, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! ;))!

I was actually able to sleep (catnaps, really) during the event and at about 9:15 this a.m., I went home, showered, washed my clothes and took a nap (but not in that order).  I went back at about 3:00 p.m. and stayed until the very end.  After that, I went to my parents' house and played SuperScrabble.  I came in second after my mother (who tends to win all the time)!  We had fun, but I came home and had to post  Soonly, I must go to sleep in my bed and for the entire night!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2005, 10:09:55 PM »

Now, I must catch up with all of today's posts. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2005, 10:14:01 PM »

Back from Mr. and Mrs. Smith, about which more later.  Now, may I just say unless we have a rally here, we're on our way to a new all-time low.  Seems peculiar to me, but there you are.

Tomovoz, do you mean Long Ago, Tomorrow?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2005, 10:14:45 PM »

I brought home some chicken soup from Jerry's.  I'm having terrible congestion pains in my chest, as if there were a little man in there squeezing everything very hard.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2005, 10:39:27 PM »

Okay, I have now eaten a vat of chicken soup with one matzoh ball.  Of course, the matzoh ball was the size of Glendale, but it was quite good and I'm hoping it will help heal me.

I'm eating rye bread now.  

George, it's up to you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2005, 10:44:04 PM »

George, for heaven's sake, WAKE UP out there.

Was today a holiday?  Why must everyone go all errant and truant on these weekends in June, June, June.  And then they all come back on Monday and say, "Oh, I had to twiddle my thumbs on Saturday," or "Oh, I had to clip my toenails on Sunday."  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up