Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I, BOHEMIAN  (Read 18114 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:I, BOHEMIAN
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2005, 08:04:47 PM »

I may end up doing some inside painting tomorrow. Oh, not at my house (though a few rooms could certainly use it). My friend Jeff who has moved back to town closed on his new condo on Thursday and is now in the process of painting rooms that need it. Since he's off work tomorrow, he said he'd probably call and ask for a helping hand. So, I'm going to be a part-time painter and a part time mover as far as he's concerned over the next month.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2005, 08:04:57 PM »

JMK how is the show going, or is it gone?  Any photos?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2005, 08:07:56 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I got over to the local hangout around 10:30.  The kitchen closed at 10:00 apparently.  And the only way to get a drink was to order at the bar apparently.  I keep saying "apparently" since none of the three waitresses bothered to stop by my table while I was sitting there.  -And there were other people from my show in the place too - of course, they had already supped and drank - or were still drinking.  So...  After about 15 minutes of just sitting there, I walked out and headed next door to the Mexican carry-out play and got a chicken and cheese quesadillas.  Very good!  And the tortillas a pressed and grilled to order.  Very fresh.  *It turns out this place is an off-shoot of some mini-chain in NYC.  They're even Zagat rated!

So, at least I got some food.  I guess I'll drink tomorrow night.  Although, now I want some ice cream.  And since the pool hall on the corner is still open and has a Hershey's Ice Cream case up front...  Hmm... We'll see...

But that's my "dinner" report for tonight.

Ah, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2005, 08:08:43 PM »

Well, at least we're on Page Five!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2005, 08:10:29 PM »

OH...

BK - Will someone be accompanying you to the Hollywood Bowl Sondheim Gala this coming Friday?

Inquiring want to know!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2005, 08:11:02 PM »

Well... I think I am gonna head out for some ice cream... Or a least a trip to the vending machines...
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2005, 08:13:05 PM »

Just dropping in for a mo so that I am not bitch-slapped.  Have had a hellacious last couple of weeks of nonstop gigs (not that I'm complaining about work, mind you).

Re:  Bacharach.  Show is over for now.  But stay tuned for further developments.  Pics were taken, but not by me, so if I end up with any, I'll post them here.

Re:  A-flate.  I think D-flate is a better key, especially if it's an Air.  (Sorry).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2005, 08:14:12 PM »

Oh and Jose:  I could tell you stories about Have a Nice Day (I've worked with its "creator" many times).  Yes, I could tell many, many stories.   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2005, 08:20:06 PM »

DR JOEY - the version of ONE TIN SOLDIER by Coven is the only one I know, although now you have a lead on another one thanks to DR TOMovOZ.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2005, 08:21:32 PM »

Ok - DR JMK - just checking since I didn't get to see it in person.  Indiana, you know.

DRJOSE - I can imagine how exciting it is to hear one's music played and sung!  What a thrill it must be.  I have only had a few "nothing" songs I wrote sung in a tiny show - but it was fun to hear the tracks and work with the singers....

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2005, 08:44:54 PM »

I never did get back to BENT, so I guess I'll pick up with it tomorrow if I have any time at home instead of helping my friend paint. I've done the play myself, but I don't think I've ever seen the film version all the way to the end. Should be interesting to see if there are any changes.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2005, 08:45:56 PM »

Guess that will be it for me tonight. Headed off to bed now. Next stop - the 4th of July!

But, no mail tomorrow! Argh!

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2005, 08:46:38 PM »

Hmmmm. . . . if there an echo here.

NO ........No...........no............n.......

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2005, 09:45:40 PM »

I went out for a nice drive.  Every time I return to haineshisway.com there is no one in the jernt but li'l ol' me.

I keep watching movies but none of them are completely grabbing me, and my mind keeps wandering.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2005, 09:46:24 PM »

And, of course, I'm now hungry, not having eaten since the hot dogs.  But, I'm on a mission, so if I eat anything, it will be some more fruit.

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2005, 10:10:02 PM »

I've just returned from a visit to OzDerek. A long Drive!! I will not say he looks well but at least his spirits seem to be fine. (Maybe an "Innocents" reference). Derek is hoping to go back to work for at least a few hours tomorrow. He says a big hello and thanks for all those ongoing vibes.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2005, 10:33:10 PM »

And a big hello to Ozderek.

So, Jane had guests, did she?  And those guests had her roped and hogtied so that she couldn't get to her computer, is that right?  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2005, 10:33:23 PM »

Alone again...naturally.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2005, 10:36:25 PM »

I thought you would have a copy of the book by now DR Ron. lol
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2005, 10:37:03 PM »

I shall pass on your "Hello" BK.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2005, 10:37:42 PM »

I suspect DR Jane has also had connection problems yet again.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2005, 10:45:09 PM »

OOh Wack a doo Wack a day DR Ron. I don't think Gilbert O'Sullivan was alone that much.

And of course your Gilbert reference is in keeping with today's topic.  He did a duet with Peggy Lee.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2005, 10:59:08 PM »

"Can't Think Straight" is the O'Sullivan/Lee duet. (For those who need to know such things).

Something for DR Rodzinski to check on when he arrives back in NYC tomorrow.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2005, 11:00:06 PM »

DR George: Mail will be posted tomorrow. Sorry -  Can't provide male.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2005, 11:03:37 PM »

I had to learn how to play "One Tin Soldier" when I first was taking piano lessons in the seventh grade.  I never did like the song. :P (nothing personal to those who do).  Anyway, I'm back from the Seattle Storm women's basketball game.  The Seattle Storm won!!  It was a very good game.  And that ends my discussion of sports for the month. ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 11:04:00 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2005, 11:04:38 PM »

DR George: Mail will be posted tomorrow. Sorry -  Can't provide male.

Darn. :'(

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2005, 11:05:17 PM »

Jose, my companion to both the opening night of Purlie, and the Sondheim event will be our very own Miss Tammy Minoff.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2005, 11:06:31 PM »

I've never really liked the song myself DR George. I could never understand why my younger brother liked it so much.
Does the Seattle Storm have an Australian player still?
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2005, 11:11:50 PM »

I've never really liked the song myself DR George. I could never understand why my younger brother liked it so much.
Does the Seattle Storm have an Australian player still?

Two...they still have Lauren Jackson and they used to have Tully Bevilaqua but now they have another bleach blonde Australian woman named Suzy Batkovic.  

George

« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2005, 11:14:31 PM »

Tomorrow (at 9:00 in the gosh darned morning), my sister, her boyfriend, my niece and I will be travelling to one of the beaches of Washington State.  I have no idea which one.  My parents took their RV to some place on the coast (they're both retired, you know) and we're going to visit for the day.  We have to be back tomorrow night because we all (except for my niece) have to work on Tuesday.  So, BK I am announcing that I will be most errant and truant all day tomorrow.  Warm up the bitch-slapping machine. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up