Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WE LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN  (Read 33226 times)

Ben

Re:WE LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2003, 11:46:02 AM »

Sandra, nice postcards. Cherry coke in the cookies huh. Sounds good. Don't drink as much soda (or pop as they call it in Minnesota and much of the Midwest) as I used to but when I do, I like a good root beer.

I will have a Ginger Beer on our first stop in a pub when we get to England.

Ben

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2003, 11:46:46 AM »

Page 3, 60 posts at 2:45 EST. We will at least hit 100 something, I am sure.

Keep working folks. We have records to uphold.

Oh, and thank you Karma Fairy.

Did we ever decided on a name for the mascot?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 11:47:21 AM by Ben »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2003, 11:47:14 AM »

I think I know now why we don't see many folks running around in Mr. Peanut costumes (except Hallowee, of course...!!)

I can see it now....Ben in his Mr. Peanut costume advancing toward a group of Kimlets, and suddenly Jason and Emily flee the scene!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2003, 11:48:16 AM »

Oh, thanks, td!  The link worked great.  
I don't know why I thought the Lansbury "Gypsy" hadn't been issued.  According to eBay, it's been on CD since the early 90s.

Must be one of them senior things I was going through!

Jason

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2003, 11:50:39 AM »

And now I'm really off to do laundry. Don't have too much fun without me. I'll try to post again when I get back, but I'm scheduled to see a motion picture "entertainment" tonight--ELF starring Will Farrell--but I'll definitely post post-picture. I'm rambling. Ciao...

Jason

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2003, 11:51:16 AM »

Oh, yes...my vote for chat is tomorrow night.

François

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2003, 11:51:41 AM »

BY, thank you so very much about all that background information regarding Ms Loudon!

It's like a great bonus track on a dvd and also a terrific reflexion of who you are, or the person I think you are.

It's warm, human and terribly moving.

Thank you again.

I only wish I could have seen Ms Loudon in Ballroom and heard her in the songs Ms Karen Morrow sings on one of your Lost In Boston compilations.

Btw, I do think Ms Morrow would be perfect in a revival of that show, opposite TCB! Why not!

And yes, i also remember Dorothy in the Eastwood movie: she shined through all her scenes.
She's not "still here!" anymore but we won't forget her.

François

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2003, 11:53:24 AM »

Stupid me!

Typed Y for K!

The emotion I guess!

My above rant, of course, was for BK!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2003, 12:06:02 PM »

I am wearing ..............
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2003, 12:06:09 PM »

There's nothing like Gallic passion, François!  Never lose it!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2003, 12:07:25 PM »

I'm wearing an oversized Abercrombie & Fitch plaid flannel shirt...basic green, with blue and red in a very pleasing pattern.  Also, gray CK shorts and a pair of socks.  It's chilly here!  Brrrrrr.....
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 12:09:13 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2003, 12:12:23 PM »

I know it's latish for some of you, but I'm ready for a nosh but I'm not ready to cook anything.

I'm feeling a bit croissantish...would anyone care to join me?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2003, 12:13:03 PM »

OK--here is a contest.We need BK to be the Judge.

Write one sentence of your own choosing in the spirit and language of one BRUCE KIMMEL.

Don't you think that's too too.More cheese slices and ham chunks.Pantaloons and pointy party hats and Hora's galore.OK-Let yourself go(Irving Berlin reference)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 12:14:42 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2003, 12:25:24 PM »

BK Contest:

I am in a quandary, dear readers  Why am in a quandry you ask?  Oh, my!! I just typed quandry instead of quandary.  Did you notice?  What do you suppose that means?  Am I thinking of Jason doing his laundry?  Could I be subconsciously concerned over Michelle's Kwandary?  Why should I even be thinking about Michelle Kwan?  I am in a quandary, and now I've forgotten why thanks to a fershluganah typo and Michelle Kwan doing spins in my head.  I also have a headache thanks to all these odd thoughts.  Damn them, damn them all to hell!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 12:28:42 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Danise

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2003, 12:28:24 PM »

Emily said:

Danise - my favorite food changes based on my current mood.  Right now it is undeniably mexican fajitas.  I am CRAVING fajitas!!!  My least favorite food remains peanut butter.  I am very mildly allergic and very phobic of peanuts which it turns out is actually not that unique a situation.  The fear of peanuts is known as "arachinophobia"

Fajitas are good--I had them for lunch on Friday.  I understand about the peanuts.  I LOVE nuts, sunflower seeds for the most part but was just diagnosed with diverticulosis.  I’m not supposed to eat them or anything with seeds anymore (tomatos included!).  Sigh.  Such is life.  That didn’t stop me from eating my pomegranate (Indian Apple) last weekend.  I paid.  Oh yes, I paid dearly for that indiscretion but it won’t stop me from enjoying them when it’s this time of year.

Chestnut anyone?  I bought those yesterday but I’ll pay for them tonight.   What's your favorite way to eat them?

We cut crosses in them and soak them in salt water for a few hours.  Then we put them on a baking sheet and bake at approx 350-400 for about an hour or an hour and a half.  Yum!  I LOVE chestnuts.

Ben said:
Brains and tongue also do not excite me in a culinary way. I can eat meat but for some reason, the idea of eating the other body parts just doesn't set well.

All I can add is a hearty Amen Brother!  I'm not putting anything weird in my mouth.  Like oysters.  I trust I don't have to tell you all again what I think they look like???

I am wearing:  a rose color shirt and jeans.  No shoes or socks.  The shoes/socks come off the moment I hit the door.  Free the feet!  is my motto.  Except in winter then I do wear a pair of socks.  The floors are a touch cool to my tooties.

Tonight or tomorrow is good for me chat wise.  I can't stay long either night--must hit the hay to be good to go for work.

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

François

« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2003, 12:29:58 PM »

In the words of Mark Bakalor:

YOU'RE ALL CRAZY!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2003, 12:32:39 PM »

DR Sandra what a lovely photo of your collection!  Framed and arranged!  What did you think of the movie The Girl In the Red Velvet Swing and Evelyn's role in Ragtime?

I too have the Lansbury Gypsy - which might have been great onstage, but the recording is less so.  My two favorites are of course the Soundtrack at last at CD and Merman's!  Peters?   :P
Sorry that her rabid fans will be horrified and tell me that I just don't get it and don't understand it's a brand new Rose, a sexy Rose, and a Rose closer to the real Rose....doesn't matter....if she was right for the part, why did they have to re-think it?  That recording is terrible and she is the reason.  And I won't change my mind and I can't be convinced otherwise.

Other than that....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2003, 12:36:50 PM »

Just got back from running a few errands, in my efforts to put off writing my paper.  First I went and bought dance shoes for my JMU audition next week...they're combination jazz and character shoes.  Then I went to the used book store because I had some credit there that I hadn't spent yet.  I ended up finding and buying a really fascinating book called "A Problem Like Maria: Gender and Sexuality in the American Musical."  Wouldn't you just know that it's written by a lesbian feminist??  Anyway, she takes a look at the personas and roles of 4 great female musical theatre icons...Mary Martin, Ethel Merman, Julie Andrews, and Barbra Streisand.  Good stuff.  Has anyone read it?  Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0472067729/

Ron, LMAO, that was brilliant!  I think we have a winner in the BK Soundalike Contest!  There's no way I can compete with that.

I vote for chat tonight!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 12:50:34 PM by Mr. Mark Bakalor »

François

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2003, 12:47:46 PM »

Too bad most people, myself included, do not care much for FISH!

It's one of the healthiest food elements there is!

I like fish when it doesn't taste or smell like fish!

"i want seafood, mama (Rose!)
Fish and rice
Are very nice!"

-- You're all crazy! -- M. B.

François

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2003, 12:52:49 PM »

You can all relax; I have on clothing now.  Well, at least jeans and my underoos.

Thank you, François, I would love to do that show with Karen Morrow, or just about any other show with Miss Morrow.  Of course, I was kind of holding out to play the David Wayne grandfather role, to Jason's little boy in The Happy Time, but hey I could eventually do both.  In fact, maybe we could get Brent Barrett to do the Goulet role.  Of course, that might add a slightly different dimension to my relationship with my son and Jason's relationship with his father.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2003, 12:55:15 PM »

Bravo, Ron!  That was spot on.
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2003, 12:57:48 PM »

Did you notice that we are all in aposting frenzy?  OH, what's this? A typo?   You'de think that we were all apostles form the way that I'm a-posting.  And you know, don't you, that all apostles like fish - - all five hundred of 'em.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

François

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2003, 01:01:42 PM »

I have to "confess":

Michael Rupert's "Please, Don't Go!" in HAPPY TIME always break my heart...

The same with that great kid-actor --then!-  (Jarman Jr, something-like-that!?) in THE YEARLING and the way he says "Oh, Pa!"......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2003, 01:02:30 PM »

Thanks Francois....that CD is an important part of my collection!  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2003, 01:05:06 PM »

Damnation I got to this page too late. TCB is now dressed. I like DR François' cast for the revival of "Ballroom".  I would love to see "The Happy Time" too which is one of my favourites on CD. I think it was the same show in which Ms Loudon was on the car at the Tony Awards that Mr Goulet sang (and missed the cue) the title song.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Emily

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2003, 01:05:27 PM »

To all Canucks:

Richard Ouziman (sp?) is going to be playing snippets from "My Life With Albertine" on his CBC Radio "Say it with Music" show today at 4pm EST.  Wow.  That is RIGHT now.

Check it out at 93,5 FM :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2003, 01:11:00 PM »

Scratch that.  He's actually highlighting Christine Andreas' and Leslie Uggams' latest solo albums.

You non-canucks can listen to this show online via:

http://www.cbc.ca/audio.html

(you'll want to click on CBC RADIO TWO from TORONTO)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2003, 01:19:21 PM »

A decade ago I had all my Sondheim related CDs stolen from the house - not really discerning thieves as the Cds were all on the top shelf! I did not bother replacing the Tyne Daly "Gypsy". I was unable at the time to replace the RCA Sondheim set with the disco version of "The Ballad Of Sweeney Todd" but at least I had it on record. That should be in everyone's collection.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2003, 01:29:32 PM »

"The Happy Time" and "Ballroom" would be two of my favourite shows on Cd that I have never seen performed  in any form. (even as a "reading"). "The Grand Tour" is another one on the list. Do DRs have other favourites that they have only ever heard on disc and are probably unlikley to see staged? At least I have seen all the Sondheims staged (Except "Wise Bouncing Guys).
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up