Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: IF IT'S WEDNESDAY IT MUST BE WEDNESDAY  (Read 32667 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
IF IT'S WEDNESDAY IT MUST BE WEDNESDAY
« on: August 10, 2005, 12:03:13 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've been thoroughly confused and alternately enlightened by the notes and now it is time for you to post until the confused and alternately enlightened cows come home.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 12:11:04 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:IF IT'S WEDNESDAY IT MUST BE WEDNESDAY
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 12:04:42 AM »

And the word of the day is: MASTICATE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 12:04:55 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 12:05:22 AM »

Yesterday, someone told me I looked thinner, tan, and very healthy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 12:23:37 AM »

Congrats, BK and DR FJL!!  "The Last Starfighter" movie has always been a guilty pleasure of mine...and I love Robert Preston in it. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 12:26:12 AM »

So, FJL, Fred Landau...any relation to either Tina or Martin? ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 12:26:25 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 03:50:46 AM »

Hi Guys,

Sorry I wasn’t here last night.  

I’ll catch up on all of the posts tonight.  I got an e-mail to clean my message box out.  I did.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Laters.
 :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 04:08:56 AM »

Hello DRs Ben and Michael.

Snow and hail here in Melbourne! We only have snow about once a  decade.  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 04:14:32 AM »

Will you be recording a cast album of What If?

Do any of the theaters that you have looked at allow an open run or they only allow a booking for a specific time?

Do you have a pictures you can post from Kevin's cabaret show?

What was his song list?

Any plans to record a solo album with him?

Any chance of re-releasing The Music of Bruce Kimmel and updating it with other original songs?

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 04:15:18 AM »

Hello DRs Ben and Michael.

Snow and hail here in Melbourne! We only have snow about once a  decade.  

And now you don't have to worry about it  for another 10 years!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:16:12 AM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 04:18:59 AM »

Here is a poster for the latest release

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 04:22:33 AM »

A scene from the show
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 04:48:38 AM »

Hi, Tom and Michael.

Congrats to FJL and BK on the next CD!

Ben

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 04:51:47 AM »

Had a very nice, quiet dinner last night with Joey, Tom (Rodzinkski) and Larry. We went to Barrymore's. I had a bowl of soup and a spinach salad, Joey had the Club Sandwich, Larry had a cheeseburger and fries and Tom had a bowl of soup. Poor Tom was feeling discombobulated after the flight. As he mentioned, his ears were plugged and he had a hard time hearing (plus he got in so late). Otherwise, it was a nice evening and I got to meet another DR. Always a pleasure. I think Joey will have a great time in New York. He saw Hairspray last night and his dance card is full for his time in New York.

A pre-event to the Grand Get Together in October!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 05:47:27 AM »

Question for BK:  When I upload a CD to myPod, iTunes does an automatic grab for track information from a website called Gracenote CDDB.  How does this info initially get out there?  Did you or someone with Kritzerland contact Gracenote and supply the track info for the new releases?  Did an anonymous someone out there inadvertently upload the info because he or she was the first one to play the CD through iTunes?  Just curious.

Looking forward to the Last Starfighter recording!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 05:56:16 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

td

• td
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 05:57:37 AM »

Regarding a new Trotter cd, I'd say that "Is It Really Me?" from 110 IN THE SHADE is a must. . .

and now, as part of my b'day celebration, a good friend took me to see TOMMY at the Pittsburgh CLO.  I snapped a picture of one of BK's dear friends (well, actually my camera took the picture, with my friend Cindy pushing the button):

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 06:12:57 AM »

Good morning, all!  DRjoey is off and about the City, and I am catching up on some small work at my desk.  I've got a few calls to make, a meeting to schedule, and some cruise ship work to do by the beginning of next week for a singer who's going out in early September.

I have at the present no questions, no answers, and no milk for my coffee!  Garn!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 06:17:57 AM »

Good morning, all!  DRjoey is off and about the City, and I am catching up on some small work at my desk.  I've got a few calls to make, a meeting to schedule, and some cruise ship work to do by the beginning of next week for a singer who's going out in early September.

I have at the present no questions, no answers, and no milk for my coffee!  Garn!

A teaspoon or two of ice cream is a great substitute for milk in coffee.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 06:35:40 AM »

Dr Dan - I put ice cream in my tea at a restaurant when they didn't bring us any milk - everyone looked at me in horror (just the people at my table, I mean, not the whole restaurant), and I've never done it again.  Was doing that in public that an etiquette breach I wasn't aware of, I wonder?

FJL

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 06:41:07 AM »

DR George - no relation to Tina Landau or Martin Landau.  

But I did once - otherwise inexplicably - get put in prime seats for a sold out show and couldn't figure it out, until we realized that Tina Landau was the director.  I guess the box office in looking over the names on the ticket-buyers list figured I had the same last name, so I MIGHT be a relative, so they must have decided not to take a chance and put us in phenomenal seats.  :)

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 06:42:06 AM »

Greetings all....

Thank you to the folks who made Vegas show suggestions.  My brother, former DR Jay, and I have had difficulty trying to decide what to see while we are there.  Oh, for the days of Steve & Eydie at the Desert Inn and Sinatra at the Sands.  Or maybe Totie Fields at the Sahara.

Nice new wheels, DR Ginny!

BB6:  I gotta say that after reading some of the reports on this here site, I wasn't really surprised at anything I saw last night.  I will say however -- and I don't think that this is any sort of a spoiler -- that the dynamics of James and Sarah's relationship are interesting, to say the least.  I find her quite the whiner.  And if April didn't truly bother me before, she does now.

And so help me G-d if Kayser isn't the one voted back in.......

No questions for BK right now.  Maybe later.

FJL

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 06:47:32 AM »

DR Michael Shayne - Thanks for posting the art work and picture.

Since I promised I'd give him credit if that photo was used, that particular photo was taken by a fine young man who goes by the name Connor Dickie.  

MBarnum

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 07:01:12 AM »

I agree Stuart, Sarah and James' reletionship seems one sided to me and I do believe that Sarah will have quite an eye opener once they are both out of the house.

I do so hope to see Kaysar walk back into the BB6 house! But I am very curious to know why Rachel and Howie voted him out, rather then Janelle. I am sure it was a difficult choice for them, but I would love to know the reason.

Jason

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 07:21:36 AM »

DR FJL: Congrats on getting the show recorded!! And I can say I saw it in its original New York run. ;)

I got a call from my Greek last night. Actually, two calls and a message. Unfortunately, the message was in regard to the Greek's ex and how the Greek misses the ex. But a couple of friendly "I love you's" were exchanged, which was loverly, though I can't allow myself to read too much into them. We talked for about 1 1/2 hours - until the wee hours of the morning. Sadly, I'm all twitterpaited and the Greek's thinking of someone else. That's not fair! :(

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2005, 07:26:19 AM »

Dr Dan - I put ice cream in my tea at a restaurant when they didn't bring us any milk - everyone looked at me in horror (just the people at my table, I mean, not the whole restaurant), and I've never done it again.  Was doing that in public that an etiquette breach I wasn't aware of, I wonder?

None that I can think of.  Was the ice cream from your own dish, or from another diner's plate?  Did you plop in a scoop if ice cream?  Was it a hoity-toity serving of tea?  Otherwise, I see no problem at all.

Now I'm thinking how delish a cup of tea with a spoonful of mint ice cream would be.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2005, 07:36:12 AM »

Speaking of the cream of ice, I broke down and got some Karamel Sutra last night. It's not my favorite, but it is quite tasty. I'm loving the caramel core in the center. YUM!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2005, 07:49:13 AM »

A teaspoon or two of ice cream is a great substitute for milk in coffee.

DRD-T-M, it would be very tasty IF I had some ice cream, but I've gone to the market, had my  coffee and a bit to eat, had one of several phone conversations, and I'm ready write some parts fro the GOLDEN APPLE Exit Music.

DRJose, I loved your hug story about Roger Rees; I remember him fondly from my Drama Book Shop days.  I last spoke to him in Du-Pars, when I was recording Jason Graae's albym with Dear Frtiend BK.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 07:49:37 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 08:05:27 AM »

Once again, running behind, and as I have a lunch appointment for today, won't be able to linger long here right now. Will be back later in the day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 08:07:31 AM »

I do have a question for BK:

When you were recording the cast album for BELLS ARE RINGING, was there any discussion about the show not being the smash some of us expected it to be? Were the stars disappointed in its reception? I can imagine the mood at the recording of something like HAIRSPRAY when you've opened to raves, but what about something like BELLS ARE RINGING that only got middling reviews?

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 08:09:00 AM »

And does BK, Elmore, or any other DRs here have any comments about the brouhaha going on with John Michael LaChuisa's negative piece in OPERA NEWS about current Broadway musical comedies and Marc Shaiman's rebuttal?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up