Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Z CRAZY  (Read 76212 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:Z CRAZY
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2005, 02:55:45 PM »

I had read that LA had suffered a major power outage, but I knew BK would faithfully fill us in on the details when he could.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2005, 02:56:45 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 6 Dance!!![/move]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 02:57:11 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2005, 02:58:44 PM »

Time for cleaning chores and some DVD watching.

WBBL

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2005, 02:59:38 PM »

Oh, and thanks for telling us Kevin's song is in the first five minutes. I'll cancel the recording and simply watch it live. Seems the easiest thing to do all the way around.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2005, 02:59:57 PM »

If any dear reader is interested in filling in his/her Theatre World collection, or is interested in starting one, drop me an e-mail - over the last few months I've acquired a full set, and now I have many duplicates, including some of the incredibly rare first issues, which are almost impossible to find.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2005, 03:06:16 PM »

Good heavens, no!  It wouldn't be a soap opera if they did!

Days of Our Lives is the only one I've ever watched at all, and agree it's horrendously silly.  My mother used to watch it when I was a sprig of a twig of a lad, and I now check in for a couple days every few years, after which I find I'm completely caught up on everything that's happened, as it seems an average soap opera day lasts about 3 months in our time. :D  (Also some characters who are now older than me,  yet I remember them being born... hmmm...)

The first time I saw Ron on THE GUIDING LIGHT, I was doing a show at the New York State Theatre Institute.  I called him and asked "Are you telling me no one on that show is aware the secretary is a man in drag?"  I could spot it at once.

What I really object to is that nearly all the women are either whores or just conniving bitches, everyone out to cut the throat of another to set her ass in a better tub of butter.  No one has safe sex so I wish they'd all die of AIDS.

On PASSIONS, the acting is so pathetic I now believe in an NBC casting couch, and one of its leading ladies is exhibiting broad signs of complete dementia, from wearing a blond wig to get her exboyfriend to impregnate her while thinking she's his wife (!) to enduring rape from a character out of a 30's southern gothic Huey Long character on thebelief that he will get her back with the man who impregnated her!   If this were reality, she'd be either locked up for stalking or for insanity.   And I can't fathom if this is supposed to be viewed as humorous or screwed up!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 03:09:37 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2005, 03:21:25 PM »

Good morning, my Australian friend.
I'm still catching up!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2005, 03:46:27 PM »

Local radio station is reading yesterday's notes. "A Certain Smile" is playing.  I have not heard it on the radio for years.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2005, 04:07:01 PM »

Well, actually, I was thinking about dinner at Barrymore's with you, Danise, Cillaliz, MBarnum, and any locals who feeli like coming along, say, around 6:00 pm?

My plane doesn't land until 4:37 p.m. so 6:00 might be cutting it close unless everything is running smoothly.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2005, 04:10:32 PM »

Does the  "DO NOT CALL " registry cover campaign calls?  
Probably not, it would be just like those sneaky politicians to exempt themselves....

Nope, it doesn't cover political calls. I found that out during the Iowa Caucuses. Of course I was making some of those obnoxious calls  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2005, 04:15:44 PM »

I'm not sure many solicitors are paying attention to the registry any more. I suspect they haven't been taken to court yet. For awhile I was getting no calls, but in the last month or two, I've gotten quite a few, and when I challenge them and remind them about the registry, they always apologize and say they must have an old list or that my name didn't appear on it - all lies, of course.

And my registry registration doesn't expire until 2008 so that's not the problem.

The list also doesn't apply to anyone you have done business with, or something like that. There are a lot of loopholes.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2005, 04:21:41 PM »

BK still has not read my answer to the Trivia question, so I'm on record as having sent it on Saturday morning at 8:09 a.m.  ;)  (Of course, I make no claim that it's actually correct).  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2005, 04:26:24 PM »

From the FCC Do Not Call website http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall/

The Do-Not-Call registry does not prevent all unwanted calls. It does not cover the following:

calls from organizations with which you have established a business relationship;

calls for which you have given prior written permission;

calls which are not commercial or do not include unsolicited advertisements;

calls by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations.

The term “telephone solicitation” does not include calls or messages placed with the consumer’s prior expressed permission, by or on behalf of a tax-exempt non-profit organization, or from a person or organization with whom the consumer has an established business relationship. An established business relationship exists if you have made an inquiry, application, purchase, or transaction regarding products or services offered by the person or entity involved. Generally, you may put an end to that relationship by telling the person or entity not to place any more solicitation calls to your home. Additionally, the established business relationship is only in effect for 18 months after your last business transaction or 3 months after your last inquiry or application. After that, calls placed to you by that person or organization are considered telephone solicitations and will be subject to the do-not-call rules.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2005, 04:28:40 PM »

From the FTC website http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/dncalrt.htm

Will All Telemarketing Calls Stop If I Register?

29. If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?

No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls.

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2005, 04:29:58 PM »

Sheesh! You'd think I was still at work researching blah, blah, blah.....

Tomovoz

« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2005, 04:33:31 PM »

I have an unlisted phone number. Worth every cent.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2005, 04:35:38 PM »

Some BB6 Thoughts:

Since Saturday's veto competition in which Ivette won and celebrated loudly with zero concern for the feelings of her alliance member April, who would necessarily replace her as a nominated houseguest, April has had a major turnabout in her attitude toward the game and the way she has played it.  In effect, she has apologized to Janelle for things she's said and done.  Sharing this with both Maggie and Ivette, I think April and Maggie were as shocked as the rest of us live-feed-watchers to see Ivette nearly go ballistic in self-righteous fury over April daring to imply that anything in the way they played was dirty or wrong.

April spoke only for herself.  But she did tell Ivette that many times in the game, she (April) acted in a way that Ivette mandated the friendship should.  And she said she wished she had consulted her own thoughts and acted accordingly.  (In other words, April is ashamed of having been a sheep).

This has been devastating on Ivette who, despite her raving protests about having nothing to feel bad about, is totally feeling bad and having to face for the first time that she has been a first-rate shit during the entire 10 weeks of the game.  One thing she cannot pretend to understand is why April cannot rejoice for her having won the veto.  April knows Ivette will vote to evict her over Maggie, but Ivette cannot comprehend why April would be hurt by that when Ivette will be advancing.  (In other words, April should be thrilled for Ivette like we all know Ivette would have been thrilled for April had she won).

Maggie, though, is not buying Ivette's wavering on how she played the game.  She continues to console Ivette and to imply that Janelle is and always has been a liar and that she is what is wrong in the house.

Maggie is a pure, evil manipulator.  She doesn't give a damn about Ivette or April except as pawns to get her where she wants to be.

The upshot is that April will not be voting for Ivette and will probably do her best to turn her sequestered partner Jennifer's vote, as well.

Ivette would be better off taking April with her to the final three.  So far as I can tell, Maggie has no support in the sequester house over either April, Ivette or Janelle, but April and Ivette both think Maggie will win it all.

I feel better now.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 04:41:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2005, 04:37:57 PM »

DR Ron,

Do you think Janelle has a chance if she makes it to the final 2?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2005, 04:43:29 PM »

Regarding Anthony's ankle, I haven't been keeping you up to date.

It's not his ankle, it's a problem called Plantar Fasciitis which has to do with tendons and muscles being stretched. I won't go into details. It is getting better. He began physical therapy today and will be going twice a week for about a month. The ailment is common among dancers and aerobics instructors and other people who are on their feet a lot,

Oh, that is how I got Plantar Knees
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2005, 04:45:11 PM »

DR Ron,

Do you think Janelle has a chance if she makes it to the final 2?

Against Maggie, Janelle will have the votes of April, Rachel, Howie and James, for sure.  She will need only four votes.

Once April goes to sequester and talks to Jennifer and James, I think Janell will have those votes against Ivette, as well.

Ivette's only true chance at the money is if she goes to the final two with April.  Then she will have Beau, James, Maggie, Rachel and Howie (both of whom cannot stand April...and won't know of her change of heart if she doesn't go to sequester.  I know Maggie won't tell about it).

Ivette, though, won't play it correctly.  She'll evict April and her shot at the $500K is kaput.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2005, 04:46:37 PM »

Is there a more misguided group than Clowns for Christ?

Yes.  Clowns for Bush.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2005, 04:48:08 PM »

Against Maggie, Janelle will have the votes of April, Rachel, Howie and James, for sure.  She will need only four votes.

Once April goes to sequester and talks to Jennifer and James, I think Janell will have those votes against Ivette, as well.

Ivette's only true chance at the money is if she goes to the final two with April.  Then she will have Beau, James, Maggie, Rachel and Howie (both of whom cannot stand April...and won't know of her change of heart if she doesn't go to sequester.  I know Maggie won't tell about it).

Ivette, though, won't play it correctly.  She'll evict April and her shot at the $500K is kaput.

Very interesting......

Tomovoz

« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2005, 04:48:26 PM »

The dangers of prayer.
James Thurber 1957

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2005, 04:59:01 PM »

I see that Angela Lansbury lost her 17th Emmy bid, this time  to Amanda Plummer last night. The Technical and Craft Emmys are given a week before the other ones, and the Guest Star Emmy categories are given then, too.

Poor Angela! And I really thought this was going to be her year!

Oh my gosh! The Emmy's were last night?! Only one week into school and already I am out of touch!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2005, 05:04:05 PM »

I think speculation on that comment is endless!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2005, 05:11:01 PM »

No DRVIXMOM, we have performances this week Wed-Fri.  And I am hoping SOMEONE is reading his script today.  We even have a pickup rehearsal tomorrow evening, so we will know for sure.

My guess is he thinks he's doing fine.....he got through it.  But MAYBE it has dawned on him that he is letting us ALL down....and the audience DOES know he doesn't know his lines.

I am curious as to his definition of doing fine.  Is "fine" fewer than five minutes of silence as he struggles to remember his next line?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2005, 05:16:29 PM »

I agree about soaps, and I watch a soap  - ONE LIFE TO LIVE! But I spend far more time every day rolling my eyes and talking back to the screen than actually enjoying the show.

You're right - I guess they're trying to please some demographic that the advertisers have identified as their core audience,

Fort Lee, NJ - that is the "heartland" according to the character Montana Moorehead in the movie Soapdish.  (An excellent parody of soap opera plots and actors in case anyone is interested)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2005, 05:55:18 PM »

JMK - I have it, I just assumed you were correct, as always.  I have finished my short story - I went through it and made some fixes, and I'll probably leave it be for a day or two, then read it again, then give it to my friend Margaret.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2005, 06:01:49 PM »

Oh my gosh! The Emmy's were last night?! Only one week into school and already I am out of touch!!

Fear not DR TPunk, the Technical Emmys were given out last night.  I believe the rest of the Emmys are given out next Sunday.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2005, 06:27:57 PM »

BIG BROTHER TALK.

DR Cillaliz asked if Janelle could win if she makes Final Two.

I actually disagree.  Yes against Maggie Janelle would have Rachel/Howie/James. But i don't believe she would have April's vote.  In fact April has said that she would vote for Maggie over Janelle.

I think that April vs Ivette would be different than what you said.  Ivette would have beau and james. I don't know who maggie would vote for. But rachel would vote for april. She despises ivette and has said so many times.

Plus there have been hints that there will be some sort of twist at the end. Hopefully america will have at least one jury vote.

The way i see it BB wants a janelle/ivette final.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up