Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: I AM THE STEAM MAN  (Read 28016 times)

Michael

Re:I AM THE STEAM MAN
« Reply #420 on: November 21, 2003, 11:33:58 PM »

God those chocolate chip cookies are good. Now for some milk!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #421 on: November 21, 2003, 11:41:17 PM »

Reading the posting at Home Theater Forum. People are either real anal or sh*t disturber when it comes to watching films. Can't they just enjoy them films? I don't mind when someone asks a legitimate question about a transfer but to bitch and nick pick about the most minute thing is really annoying since the average viewer really doesn't care
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #422 on: November 21, 2003, 11:44:33 PM »

Some of those people are total idiots - I've gotten into it with several of them.  When they started picking at the Finding Nemo disc I just had to speak up strongly.

Holy moley on rye and blow me over with a Cadillac if we haven't had our second best day ever and by quite a large margin.  Hoo and ray and you've got at least another half-hour before I open the new notes and posts.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #423 on: November 21, 2003, 11:45:12 PM »

No where did I say that I favored the rights of the media, illegal home invasions, or wiretapping.  Not did I once say anything about anyone being found guilty without a trial or in the court of public opinion. I was talking about allegations of abuse, not guilt.  Please don't try to slant my views or put words into my mouth.  

Actually, that's a courtesy I would appreciate.  I was expressing MY views. I never ONCE attributed any of those things to you.  

By all means, these things should be reported.  Not to the press, however, and not to TV stations.  It encourages mob mentality and rush to judgement.

I do hope everyone remembers the McMartin Day Care case.  A mother, her son and co-workers were all accused and convicted of abuse of children, sexually, and involving them in satanic rites.

Professionals were brought in and interviewed the children and Surprise! Surprise!  They all concluded, based on the professional evidence they gathered, that the children were all abused.

There was nothing to be gained by ruining the McMartins.  They had no money.  

Strangely enough, though, conviction by conviction, the entire case began crumbling based on something startling:  Those professionals had coerced the children into making accusations.  The entire line of questioning was to suggest to the children that something happened and then to ask them if that isn't exactly what happened.  And when the children said, "No, nothing like that happened," these professionals kept prodding them to admit that they did happen.  And wanting to be good little boys and girls, they did just like they were told and AGREED.

My take on all this is that, thus far, no proof has been provided.  It's all "he said-he said."  My personal  feeling is that he probably did it.  I wouldn't make the jury pool. I could say I'd be openminded to the facts, but that wouldn't cut it.  

No, I had no idea what your job was.  In your line of work, I'm sure you have horror stories, and I don't doubt for a second that you have case files that would make thinking men weep.

In my former life, my career was journalism, and ethics in journalism was my specialty.  Sadly, ethics in journalism are nearly non-existent, which is why we have this horrendous media circus.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 11:58:12 PM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #424 on: November 21, 2003, 11:48:27 PM »

Hmmm... now after all that cheesecake, I want to post some beefcake... but since this is a family site, I'll just post a pic of some family.. This is me with my niece and nephew, Alyssa and John Michael.  When John Michael was born, he resembled my baby pics more than his father - my brother.  And some people still think he's my son when we go out.  -It's kind of fun.  Great kid.  Smart too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #425 on: November 21, 2003, 11:54:50 PM »

Jose....they're so cute!  What a lovely pic

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #426 on: November 21, 2003, 11:57:11 PM »

DR Ann - Yes they are cute!  :)

And John Michael is also very "knowing" - He even asked me last summer when my friend Michael came by the house, "Is he your new man?"  Stunned is just the tip of the iceberg!  :D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #427 on: November 21, 2003, 11:58:53 PM »

Wow...and how old was he?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #428 on: November 22, 2003, 12:00:28 AM »

DR Ann - Well, he just turned five, so he was four...  I was also "stunned" when we were watching some TV show, and he turned to me  and said, "That's one handsome man."... Hmm... Spending too much time with Uncle Jojo? LOL!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #429 on: November 22, 2003, 12:09:07 AM »

LOL!  That's great...
I take care of a little boy, just turned five on Tuesday.  He shocked me one day when I was playing the piano for him and his brother to dance to.  Just random little melodies, but as I went toward the upper octaves he stopped and said "No no, don't play up there!"  "Why not?"  "Those are the GIRL notes! Play down here!" he banged on the lower three octaves.  "Those are the BOY notes down there..."
I honestly could not think of a response...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up