Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BIDIN' MY TIME  (Read 19732 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:BIDIN' MY TIME
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 08:05:51 AM »

I still have THE OFFICE from Tuesday night and INVASION from last night to watch. Since I'm going out to lunch today, I'm not sure how much time I'll have this afternoon to watch any other DVDs other than the conclusion of SHALL WE DANCE.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 08:06:23 AM »

Here I am at work now, after stopping at UD to talk to an English class.  I gotta tell ya, college students are NOT interested in the Foundation Directory at 9am!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2005, 08:06:39 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 2 Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2005, 08:12:41 AM »

I have not been big on collecting movie musical soundtrack CDs. I usually prefer to watch and listen to the movie on DVD,laserdisc, or tape, but after enjoying the soundtrack to KISMET so much, I've decided to buy a few of the movie musical soundtracks that I really love.

To that end, yesterday I bought IT'S ALWAYS FAIR WEATHER. I'm hoping the tracks will be in stereo since it was recorded that way and is that way on the laserdisc I have from the Gene Kelly Collection laserdisc set.

And I also bought LOVELY TO LOOK AT. Not that it's one of my favorite movie musicals, but I certainly do love the ROBERTA score.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2005, 08:12:43 AM »

I'm so far behind on the posting... :-\

Yesterday, my day off, was filled with der Brucer and I running around Sussex County taking pictures again.  First we went over to the SPCA, where we took pictures of Pepper, a brindle Aussie mix who was friendly but had releaving his bowels as his first priority.  Can't say that I blame him.  Then we took pictures of Sam, a yellow Lab, who wasn't quite as friendly, somewhat shy and stand-offish.  Marlon, the sorta-cute attendant who usually helps us refused to handle Sam; apparently they don't get along.

While there, Marlon was busy enough working with a new arrival named Jake.  Jake is a nine-foot-long Burmese boa constrictor, and very handsome, if you like snakes.  He'll probably find a home at one of the local zoos, a much better bet than being taken in by some amateur who doesn't know how to handle snakes.  Der Brucer was fascinated.

After that, we drove south to visit a man who is apparently losing his home for reasons he didn't explain.  At least he's got his priorities in order: he is trying to find new homes for Beau, a handsome chocolate Lab, and Beau's son, Rocky, an equally handsome chocolate Lab/Pit Bull mix, about twelve weeks old.  (Rocky's mother was also there, and she is definately of the loving Pit type, covering der Brucer with kisses.)  Placing Beau should be easy, as there's a Lab rescue group nearby.  Finding a home for Rocky will be harder, since the Lab rescue group isn't much interested in mixed breed dogs.

Then we returned home, where our own pack insisted that it was time for us to nap and cuddle.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2005, 08:13:52 AM »

And now I must clean up for my luncheon engagement.

WBBL.

Ben

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2005, 08:16:37 AM »

Ginny said:

I gotta tell ya, college students are NOT interested in the Foundation Directory at 9am!

LMAO!!!

Ginny, there are people in this office who are not interested in the Foundation Directory at 9am!

I'm not one of them since I work on a different publication ;)

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2005, 08:19:21 AM »

A comment re: last night's LOST (no show spoilers just discussing how the show was done, but you still might not want to read it if you haven't watched the show yet).

It was interesting how they went back and filled in the gaps from last week.  I don't think they've ever done a show that way before. I suppose there was just too much last week to go into detail.  But I almost wish that they had just made it a two-parter and shown us everything at once.

I know most of us are smart.  But I can't help but think some people must have been confused, since they were reshowing some stuff without really explaining that they were reshowing stuff.  It was nice though to get the gaps filled in (since i truly thought we were not going to get more details about what we saw last week).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2005, 08:22:56 AM »

Hisaka have a great time in my hometown.  Bruce take her to the Santa Monica Pier and a ride on the Carousel then go to the  cheese on a stick stand and have their fantastic lemonade.
Are you referring to Hot Dog On A Stick?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2005, 08:25:35 AM »

Ginny said:

I gotta tell ya, college students are NOT interested in the Foundation Directory at 9am!

LMAO!!!

Ginny, there are people in this office who are not interested in the Foundation Directory at 9am!

I'm not one of them since I work on a different publication ;)

Well, these students are going to have to get interested in FD and other grantseeking resources, because they've been put in small groups and each group has been paired with a real nonprofit organization.  The groups are to write a real proposal to a real potential funder for a real program/project.  After I get back from NY/Atlanta, the groups are to meet with me for targeted consultations and on Nov. 22, I'll go back to the class to hear the group presentations.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 08:27:55 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2005, 08:25:55 AM »

Jennifer, part of Lost's appeal (for me) is that it can show so many different points of view.  How they managed to do that over the last two eps just shows how good the writing is.

And with that, I have to get going for work.  Laters.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2005, 08:38:01 AM »

Well, I'm up in time to take a shower and leave for my meeting at work at 9:30...but I just had to pop in and say to DR Hisaka, have a great and safe (and sane) trip to BK Land (and environs)!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2005, 08:43:36 AM »

Btw, for those fans of ALIAS, season premiere is tonight at 8pm.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2005, 09:03:18 AM »

A comment re: last night's LOST (no show spoilers just discussing how the show was done, but you still might not want to read it if you haven't watched the show yet).

It was interesting how they went back and filled in the gaps from last week.  I don't think they've ever done a show that way before. I suppose there was just too much last week to go into detail.  But I almost wish that they had just made it a two-parter and shown us everything at once.

I know most of us are smart.  But I can't help but think some people must have been confused, since they were reshowing some stuff without really explaining that they were reshowing stuff.  It was nice though to get the gaps filled in (since i truly thought we were not going to get more details about what we saw last week).

I think this is one of the reasons LOST ranks so high both with viewers and with critics. It does not talk down to the audience or assume folks have to be provided every scrap of information in every episode. The writers are taking their time giving us the entire picture.

spoilers --

And, not only were were filled in on the blanks from last week's "hatch" plot, but we also got blanks filled in about the sad story of Michael and Walt that we had gotten some details about last season. But now we saw how Michael had tried to block Walt's mother from taking him out of the country and how they eventually avoided going to court.

Superb writing and superb construction of episode arcs and backstories.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2005, 09:07:45 AM »

Oy! Tonight is one crowded night on the TV schedules.

Not only are ALIAS and SMALLVILLE starting their seasons, but also it's the series premiere of the update to NIGHT STALKER (opposite CSI). And I'm still into REUNION also at 9 so another juggling scenario for me.

And tonight is the LIVE episode of WILL & GRACE which I must watch. (and for West Coasters, they're doing the entire episode again LIVE at 8:30 p.m. your time as well.)

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2005, 09:11:02 AM »

For those who like SCRUBS and don't like THE OFFICE, I read that NBC is planning on SCRUBS rejoining the schedule in October, and I'm guessing it's going into the timeslot now occupied by THE OFFICE (Tuesday at 9:30) while it goes on the shelf. I'm thinking that whichever show scores better ratings coming after MY NAME IS EARL, that's the show that will play out the rest of the season. The other one will more than likely be canceled.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2005, 09:12:22 AM »

And now my ride for lunch is here so I must vamoose.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2005, 10:02:38 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - had to wait until Microsoft Office performed its update, which was huge.

The first Stages/Together Again review is in, and it's nice.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/sound/sep2905.html

FJL

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2005, 10:27:03 AM »

BK - Lovely review.  The critic seems to really have enjoyed not only this album, but also your body of work in general a great deal.  Congratulations.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2005, 10:37:51 AM »

Is this another slow news day here at haineshisway?  Do I have to get out the bitch-slap machine?

FJL

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2005, 10:53:12 AM »

Adding to my list of one-of-a-kind shows, I'd have to say that THE KENTUCKY CYCLE, while uneven in quality, was highly unusual.  Spending the full day immersed in a theatrical event can be very exciting (NICHOLAS NICKLEBY and ANGELS IN AMERICA come to mind as examples of where you could see both parts in one day), but KENTUCKY CYCLE just had a peculiar magic to it, that it held together as a toatl event without being one long two-part story, and yet felt like a full experience.

Also, the main advertising-guy section of CONTACT.  I've never seen anything like that as well.  

FJL

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2005, 11:01:08 AM »

The lovely (and on some chat boards, controversial) Do-Re-Milla just stopped by to pick up some music.  That's one of the highlights of my day so far.  But then, seeing Milla is always a highlight.

FJL

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2005, 11:05:04 AM »

This will be my post number 414 (which is 414 spelled backwards.)

Obviously, a slow work day here.  :)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2005, 11:06:23 AM »

I don't know whythis here  HHW site doesn't like me anymore.  It keeps throeing me out and not letting me back in.  I guess I have to check if my security levels were changed again
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2005, 11:07:16 AM »

I It keeps throeing me out

Maybe its my spelling/typing?

vixmom

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2005, 11:08:49 AM »

Yesterday morning I was "de-sited" and try as I might I could not login again.  

Last night I was out to  "Meet the Teachers" and didn't get home until after 10.  I was too pooped to type so I went right to the bedroom ennvironment

vixmom

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2005, 11:09:12 AM »

I've been tossed out a few times today already but I seem to be getting backk in alright.

FJL

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2005, 11:09:53 AM »

My screen on this site looked funny for a while.  Then on a hunch, I just logged in again, and everything got back to normal.  Except for the fact that the MODIFY function seems to have disappeared.

vixmom

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »

JRand, your new puppy is adorable... burt why Pippin?  Iwould have  thought you'd name him Angel!

vixmom

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2005, 11:10:52 AM »

Dear Jason

You , your grandmother are all in my heart and prayers.

Please let us know how she and you are doing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up