Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BIDIN' MY TIME  (Read 19698 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BIDIN' MY TIME
« on: September 29, 2005, 12:09:52 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've fixated on the notes, the notes have fixated on you, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're just bidin' time, 'cause that's the kind of cows - oops, need a rhyme.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 12:09:22 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BIDIN' MY TIME
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 12:10:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: SPECULUM!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 01:37:47 AM »

PIPPIN!!!

How cute!
DR Jrand, you’d right away have to train him to toilet in right place. :)

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 01:42:46 AM »

This's my first experience on making the first post!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 01:46:27 AM »

I'll be on a flight to Los Angeles this time tomorrow.
Exciting!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 02:33:10 AM »

To East coasters,
Have beautiful gatherings in NYC!!!

To Other dear readers,
Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Ginny

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 03:39:37 AM »

'morning, DR elmore!  Glad you made it back to NYC and that you survived your week out here in the hinterlands!

DR Hisaka - have a lovely time in LA!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 03:42:07 AM »

I'll be on a flight to Los Angeles this time tomorrow.
Exciting!

DRHisaka, have a safe trip and a good time!

Good morning, all; I see DRGinny of the pecan pie, but where is DRTomovoz?

Oy! nightmares last night; something about a house and demons, but it's fading now.

TOD:  I have to think about it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 03:56:59 AM »

I detect a trend here:  DR elmore at Miami University, bk at the high school career night, and this morning I'm off to the University of Dayton to talk to a proposal writing class about grants research resources.

Be back at lunchtime...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 04:00:59 AM »

I'm here.  I'm here. I'm Here.
Good morning all..

Bedtime in OZ .Well it is for someone my age!
As for the trend - I should be replying to an invitation to a "Reunion" of teachers and staff where I taught in 1980.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 04:05:21 AM »

The morning crew is back together. Goodnight Sweet Tom, may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Good Morning Sweet Larry. The busy week is about to begin and you'll barely have time to recoup before a certain man from Oregon arrives.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 04:07:35 AM »

We are still attending Mildred Pierce this evening at Chelsea Cinemas, meeting at 6:30 in front of the theatre. Any NY Hainsies wishing to attend, you know what I look like so fee free to drop by and look for me (with Anthony) and Jason (although he doesn't look like his avatar, if he did I would be afraid, very afraid).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 04:07:50 AM by Ben »

Tomovoz

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 04:14:07 AM »

Thank you for the Angels Ben.  I'll probably end up with the "Hell's" variety.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 04:56:51 AM »

Good Morning Sweet Larry. The busy week is about to begin and you'll barely have time to recoup before a certain man from Oregon arrives.

I know!  I have to clean off the fire escape for him today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 04:57:38 AM »

We are still attending Mildred Pierce this evening at Chelsea Cinemas, meeting at 6:30 in front of the theatre. Any NY Hainsies wishing to attend, you know what I look like so fee free to drop by and look for me (with Anthony) and Jason (although he doesn't look like his avatar, if he did I would be afraid, very afraid).

I have a band rehearsal for Faith Prince or I'd be there!

FJL

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 06:28:01 AM »

Topic of the day:

AMOUR (Broadway version, didn't see it at Goodpeed) - I assume there are plenty of musicals in France that are like AMOUR, but while I didn't think it was high quality 100% of the way through, it was unlike anything I'd actually seen, and I cherished the experience

BELLE EPOQUE at Lincoln Center Theater - Possibly unusual for the sake of being unusual, but I loved it.

CROWNS at Second Stage - A beautiful, inspiring concept musical about, of all things, different hats that people wear at different times in their lives.  To me, it was just as breathtaking as I imagine CHORUS LINE must have been to those who discovered that show before it became "the thing to see" -  unfortunately, CROWNS didn't move after Second Stage, but it seems to be done around the country quite a lot.

MOVIN' OUT - I know some people think it's just a standard ballet, but to me it was unique and one-of-a-kind.  Twyla Tharp is trying to make lightning strike twice, but until she does, I count MOVIN' OUT on my list of one-offs.

I know I'll be called a shill (oh wait, that's a different chat board where they do that, not here :) ), but I must add HERRINGBONE (which Skip wrote with Tom Cone and Ellen Fitzhugh) to the list of one-off, one-of-a-kind shows.  The one-off-ness of HERRINGBONE also makes it one that is not produced nearly as often as people seem to think it's produced.  I won't comment on the quality of the music since that would be too shilly, but it is unique, to say the least.  And a joy to watch when it's done well.

If I may add a Vegas show, I don't think I've ever seen anything like "O" - but I don't know if that counts as part of the topic of the day since it's not a play, musical or concert.

FJL

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005, 06:32:24 AM »

Sending wishes and vibes of strength to Jason's family.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2005, 06:49:26 AM »

Good morning!

.. Just checking in before I ready myself for today's callbacks...

Safe travels to everyone.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2005, 06:50:30 AM »

RE: "Mildred Pierce" - I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight.  We'll be going right until 6:30 - which means we'll be going until 7:00.   However, if by chance I can make it, I'll give DR Jason a call on his cell.  Otherwise, Enjoy!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2005, 06:52:54 AM »

BK - RE: your mention of the weather this week in LA - the "return" of summer.  I remember last year at this time, the same thing happened.  I remember having lunch with a friend in the Valley the closing week of What If - and watching the temperature sign on the bank across the street from the restaurant creeping up from 90 to 91 to 92 to... 96! throughout the afternoon.

Another trend?  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2005, 06:53:27 AM »

OK - I gotta go...

-OH!  DR elmore - I'll call you in a bit....

Laters....
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2005, 07:07:02 AM »

Mornin', everyone...

No news from the family so far. No news is good news, I suppose.

I will, indeed, be joining DR Ben and DP Ant to see "Mildred Pierce" tonight. At first I thought it might be unseemly to do so, considering the circumstances with my grandmother, but I'd rather have the distraction than sit at home and worry. And the good company is always a plus, too.

Carrot-Stick girl is out of the office today. Thank God for small miracles. Problem is, one of our other reps from my region is out sick today, too. And the third one is leaving at 3:30, leaving me as the only rep in the southern region for the last 2 hours of the day. That means I'll be handling business for approximately half of the country.  Oh, rapture. I wonder what they'd do if I got "the call" from my dad and had to leave...

Jason

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2005, 07:20:13 AM »

Show's I've seen that have been like no other....? Hmm...

I agree with FJL - AMOUR was unlike anything I'd seen or heard onstage before. I absolutely loved it.

THE LION KING is a very unique piece of theatre. I've never seen anything like CATS, either (that doesn't mean I liked it - I've just never seen anything like it). SLAVA'S SNOWSHOW, which is currently running off-Broadway, was stunning and I highly recommend it, unless you're afraid of clowns or confetti. Again, like nothing I've ever seen before. As cliche as it sounds, RENT is a unique theatrical experience, and I'd never seen dancing forks until I saw BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2005, 07:38:40 AM »

When I opened my browser this morning this story popped up

Australians do ‘patriotic duty’: Birthrate up
Rate rises after official urges citizens to have ‘one for your country’

Updated: 3:36 a.m. ET Sept. 28, 2005
CANBERRA, Australia - Treasurer Peter Costello urged Australians to “do their patriotic duty” and have more children but it seems they were doing it anyway, just for fun. A new study shows the birthrate hitting its highest level in seven years.

A study by Australian National University demographer Peter McDonald showed the country’s birthrate at 1.77 per woman in 2004, its highest level since 1997. McDonald believes the rate will stay around 1.8 for the next 5-10 years.

“We’ve been calling for policies to support work and family for several years, and also there’s been a great deal of discussion about, ‘if you wait too long, there’s a chance that you won’t have the baby’,” McDonald said.

“That kind of public discussion has been pretty prominent and I think that has had its effect,” he said. During a budget speech in May last year, Costello urged Australians to have more children, telling couples to “have one for your husband, one for your wife and one for your country.”

Costello’s comments came as this country of 20.3 million people struggles to deal with an aging population. The government’s Productivity Commission has forecast that one in four Australians will be aged over 65 by 2045.
[/size]

:o :o ;D ;D
 Ah to be in Austrailia now that Spring is in the air!!!

Off to catch up on the postings
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2005, 07:55:55 AM »

Hisaka have a great time in my hometown.  Bruce take her to the Santa Monica Pier and a ride on the Carousel then go to the  cheese on a stick stand and have their fantastic lemonade.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2005, 07:56:31 AM »

FJL I agree with you about MOVIN’ OUT.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2005, 08:01:23 AM »

Good morning!

Cool enough to enjoy my walk this morning, but tomorrow's morning temps are to be in the upper 50s, so I will have a BIG smile on my face as I'm walking tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2005, 08:02:23 AM »

I hope our DR Hisaka has a comfortable and safe journey to LA. Looking forward to reading about her visit.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005, 08:03:37 AM »

I guess I'd have to say THE BELLE OF AMHURST, TRU, and I AM MY OWN WIFE, particularly the latter since the actor played so many roles and also the set was pretty elaborate for a one man show.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 08:04:06 AM »

And in the musical category, I guess I'd have to say NAKED BOYS SINGING.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up