Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CHORES  (Read 22161 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:CHORES
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2005, 08:11:14 AM »

And due to the size of my college, a reunion is sort of impractical.  Instead, they will have "Homecoming Weekends" every now and then - people from a block of years, and certain schools/degree programs are invited to gather for some food and drink.  And since most of the people I went to school with - including myself - were on the five- or six-year plan - the whole "Class of" designation is moot.  *And the music education track at my school was a five-year program by design.  Sure, you could do it in four years, but then you would have had absolutely no time for yourself.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2005, 08:12:14 AM »

As a matter of fact DR Jose, I was wearing my kurta last night when you posted! LOL!

And congrats to you for all your upcoming projects...a fine example of good things happening to good people, I'd say!  :)

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2005, 08:12:23 AM »

Saturday greetings!  It's a beautifully crisp day here in SW Ohio and we're off later to visit DS Rob on the UC campus.

TOD - I only attended my 10th high school reunion and realized how little HS had to do with what my life had become.  My parents moved out of my HS neighborhood as I was getting ready to go away to college (when I got home from freshman orientation, my bed was gone!), so my ties were severed pretty abruptly.  By the 10th anniversary, I'd moved out of state and established myself in a profession and not yet married, so I was pretty out of place.

I do get to DH Richard's (and, therefore, DR elmore's) reunions on quite a regular basis, because they're right here in the town where we live.  At their 40th last year, one of their female classmates looked me up and down and said, "And who were you?"  That question has haunted me ever since.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2005, 08:12:45 AM »

Oh, I just looked it up. Chuck Connors is in FLIPPER, but Brian Kelly is in the sequel! Oh, well, that's one out of two.

(And Chuck Connors ain't bad.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2005, 08:12:51 AM »

Page Three!  And before Noon on a Saturday!!!

:)

Everybody Dance...

Break it down...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2005, 08:13:56 AM »

As a matter of fact DR Jose, I was wearing my kurta last night when you posted! LOL!

And congrats to you for all your upcoming projects...a fine example of good things happening to good people, I'd say!  :)

Aw... Thank you, DR MBarnum!

*And I think you coming to me in your kurta would be a good thing.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2005, 08:14:19 AM »

I hope DR MBarnum will pay particular attention to the FLIPPER two-pack DVD that will be released early next year. I'm assuming Brian Kelly was in those films.

Brian Kelly wasn't in the first FLIPPER movie...it was made prior to the television series and had Chuck Connors in the role of Porter Ricks...but Kelly is in the second FLIPPER movie, which I own, but haven't watched yet.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2005, 08:14:37 AM »

DR FJL - I was relieved to read in last night's posts that you and Skip liked being one of the landmarks.  The visit to your home was one of the highlights of the day!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2005, 08:16:48 AM »

I missed my 20 year high school reunion as I had a family reunion that same weekend...it would have been interesting to go to, but most of the people that I was friends with were not on the list of those attending, so I guess I didni't miss much.

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2005, 08:17:24 AM »

DR FJL - I was relieved to read in last night's posts that you and Skip liked being one of the landmarks.  The visit to your home was one of the highlights of the day!

I second that!

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2005, 08:22:43 AM »

Right. I should have realized those two-packs they're featuring were all of movies previously released or at least one in the pack had a previous release.

Thanks for the update.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2005, 08:25:45 AM »

I see that my DVR is currently recording something. I have no idea what I had programmed in it, but I guess I will see in a little while as I prepare and eat lunch.

Still not sure if I'll go with my choice of WOLF for today, or find something else I might be a little more enthusiastic about. I certainly did enjoy reinvestigating THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH last night, and am thinking maybe REAR WINDOW might be fun today.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2005, 08:28:33 AM »

Oh... Speaking of good things...

-Spending time with my friend, Andy, last night.  We actually almost skipped the concert, but we were both very glad that we went after all.  It was really was a wonderful concert, and Andy's been helping me to appreciate country and folk music more.  *And I'm always still taken aback by the fact that Andy is such a country music fan - his father worked for the government, and he spent a good chunk of his childhood in Japan and elsewhere overseas.  He's also a big-time war fanatic - WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc.  And, on top of all that, he's gay!?!?!  Whaddup widdat??!?!?

-And the food at the Birchmere was surprisingly good too.  I had a very nice catfish fillet last night.

-We headed back over to the Carlyle for dessert.  I actually did not get my usual, the Flourless Chocolate Macadamia Nut Waffle, but instead gave their featured dessert a try.  The waiter could not seem to get the proper phrase out...  "We have a pudding cake... white chocolate.. chocolate pudding..."  -Oh, a White Chocolate Pudding Cake?  "Yes, that's it."  -What does that come with?  "A scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream and white chocolate sauce"  -OK, I'll give it a try.

So, I was expecting a "glob" of White Chocolate Pudding Cake to arrive at the table - something like a very moist cake - like a white chocolate version of the Pudding Cake at Joe Allen.  Well...  What came to the table instead was a "White Chocolate Bread Pudding".  I had sort of figured it out as soon as it hit the table - it was baked in an individual ramekin - with the scoop of vanilla ice cream sitting nicely on top.

It was good - and I was very tempted to correct the waiter, but, I wasn't in the mood to correct.  -However, the waiter kept trying to push snifters of Courvoisier on us.  ??

-Oh, and I won $40 playing the Pick 3 Lottery last night too!

Life Is Good!

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2005, 08:30:03 AM »

BK mentioned getting the new Criterion version of THE WAGES OF FEAR the other day. I have their first release of this classic and haven't gotten around to watching it yet even though it's been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years.

Looking forward to reading his thoughts about the new one before I watch the old one!  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2005, 08:47:45 AM »

DR SWW - Have you tried a "make your own pizza/calzone" party with the grandlads?

One sneaky way a friend of mine works vegetables into her kids' diet it to make various dips with lots of pureed vegetables.  Not only do the veggies provide some great flavor, but they also provide some great COLORS!  -And if the grandlads have a liking for sour cream (low fat, of course) - or even yogurt - well, then you're all set.

Oh, and pretzels, baked chips, and veggies for the dippers.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2005, 08:48:20 AM »

OH!

And my knee feels almost back to normal this morning too!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2005, 08:49:09 AM »

Well, sorry to have been so blog-gy this morning... That happens from time to time...

And, now, I nap.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2005, 08:50:31 AM »

Morning all!

Sounds like DR Jose is on a roll!  It's so good to read of someones good news.  Just don't forget us "little" people when your hob nobing with the upper upper thick and crusty types like Sir Elton.   ;) :)

Sorry I didn't check back in last night.  I did a lot of running around and was just so tired by the time I did all that and then came home to make dinner that I just pooped out in front of the TV.

I just discovered Ghost Whisper and the show after it (can't think of the name--the Sci Fi one with B (Brett, Brad, Brent??)  Spinner in it) last Friday night and I really like both of them.  

Like DR Matt, I'm starting to lose it for Night Stalker.  

TOD, I have never been to one of my high school reunions and have no desire to do so.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2005, 08:51:38 AM »

OH!

And my knee feels almost back to normal this morning too!

Glad to hear that!  That's the best news of all!  :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2005, 08:56:09 AM »

I second that!

I third that!

It was so very kind of you both to have us in your home.  I just sorry that we were so stuffed from the walking tour that we didn't eat more of the wonderful food you had for us.

I'm not ashamed to say that I was tired by the time we made it to your place.  Your couch was so comfortable that I could just napped right where I was sitting!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2005, 08:59:33 AM »

Glad to read about your healed knee, DR Jose. Continued good wishes for full recovery.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2005, 09:01:28 AM »

DR Danise, that show after GHOST WHISPERER is called THRESHOLD. I watched the first four episodes, but my patience with it began to wander, too. Maybe you'll enjoy it more than I ultimately did.

The show you saw on Friday was the first hour of its pilot, I think, so you're getting in at the very begining.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2005, 09:02:16 AM »

Off now to prepare some lunch and settle in for some TV watching.

WBBL.

Danise

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2005, 09:09:58 AM »

Welcome to New Dear Reader Macchus!  You have discovered the most popular site on the internet!  Tell us about yourself.  

DR Matt, I kinda thought last nights THRESHOLD (thank you for the name) was thefirst one.    Since I've only seen 2 of them, I haven't formed a real opinion as yet.  I did like what I saw so far but like Night Stalker, that could change.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2005, 09:10:15 AM »

Thanks for the nice words.  We loved having everybody over.  And even though you guys didn't eat enough :) the dogs were definitely happy with the amount of food that was dropped.  

On a less festive note, I just heard from my folks in Miami Beach and their power is out again.  it was on for about six hours, but luckily they had bathed and stuff like that while they had the hot water.  

Danise

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2005, 09:23:42 AM »

Sorry to hear about your folks, FJL.  At least they got their baths in before the power cut out again.  I've seen on the new that some people are have a real rough time of it in South Florida.  

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't have my morning shower.   There is nothing in world I hate more then feeling "dirty".  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2005, 09:28:01 AM »

My friend (Oregon Beach) George is in town and we are going to go out for breakfast. That was a most welcome phone call...partly because I enjoy seeing George, and partly because I am very, very hungry!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2005, 09:44:20 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Seems to be a nice day outside.

Who are the "producers" of the Kong disc?  I suspect the interview is with Mr. Feltenstein, who usually finds a way to make it seem like he's the one responsible for these releases.

Danise

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2005, 09:45:11 AM »

Gotta run.  I'm talking Mom to get her Flu shot.  She is not looking forward to it but it one of the things I insist she do every year.  Better safe then sorry in my book

I had my shot the day after I came home from NYC because they give them out at work.

Have a great afternoon all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2005, 09:48:04 AM »

2 lessons this morning and then the never ending saga... what to do with the studio?  New desk is needed, PC needs to be thrown out and the mac mini placed in its place, not to mention all my "stuff" that's been lingering in my grandmother's back yard for over a year... it's that overwhelming time of year.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up