Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHORES  (Read 20975 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:CHORES
« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2005, 09:54:02 PM »

There is a problem with one of the tracks on Donald's radio show!!  Has anyone else listened to it?  The track in between the songs "Musical Comedy" and "The Girl That Men Go Mad For" (it's numbered 182-2). I'm assuming it's a track where Donald, Bruce and Linden are speaking...a track more important than the songs because I already have the CD.  Bruce, is it too late to get it fixed??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2005, 09:57:59 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]page 8 dance!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2005, 10:10:52 PM »

Ooohh.. Just checked the weather forecast for this week up in NYC...  Mostly sunny with daytime temps in the upper 60s/lower 70s.  -Of course, the evening temps are supposed to dip down into the 40s, but, heck, it's practically November.

-Of course, since I'll be in a rehearsal hall from 10-6 each day...  But at least the hall has nice big windows.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2005, 10:11:37 PM »

I'm glad too, DR DearReaderLaura.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2005, 10:14:12 PM »

Have you ever been so tired you can't sleep? I hate when that happens.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2005, 10:16:41 PM »

There is a problem with one of the tracks on Donald's radio show!!  Has anyone else listened to it?  The track in between the songs "Musical Comedy" and "The Girl That Men Go Mad For" (it's numbered 182-2). I'm assuming it's a track where Donald, Bruce and Linden are speaking...a track more important than the songs because I already have the CD.  Bruce, is it too late to get it fixed??

I just tried that track again and I get the message:  "RealMedia File Format:  Invalid Data Header in file "182-2.rm".  The file is unreadable."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: October 29, 2005, 10:21:33 PM »

Well, I just booked myself on the 11:00 Acela out of Union Station.  *Interesting Amtrak pricing on the weekends.  The regular fares for the regular regional trains actually go up from $84 to $104.  However, the Acela - which makes the trip to NYC in just three hours - runs it's normal $134.  So, I splurged for the faster, nicer train.

I should get in around 2:00, then I'm meeting up with the conductor to get a copy of the score, and then I'll most likely head over to some practice studio to read through the score.

Well, Excited and scared.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2005, 10:29:08 PM »

I'm finally home. It's been another long day, but a better one than yesterday - not quite as taxing on the feet or the nerves. :)

My dad and his brother headed off to see the USS Intrepid while I hauled my mom and aunt to Macy's. After that we did a whirlwind shopping tour of Herald Square (to purchase a few articles of clothing for my upcoming birthday) and came out with quite a haul. Thanks, Mom and Dad.

The guys took a cab down to 34th St. to meet us, but we ended up heading uptown for lunch - at Bennigan's, where we had the worst service I can remember in my New York history. We headed back to the hotel and took an hour-long nap whilst my dad headed to Madison Ave. to check out a clothier from which he frequently orders.

After the loverly reprieve, we headed to the official HHW Restaurant, Joe Allen, for some dinner before AIDA. While we were there we indeed had several celebrity sightings - Rosemary Harris was at the table next to us. Lisa Loeb was at BK's favorite table and Mr. Rip Torn passed by outside the restaurant.

We dashed up to Lincoln Center for AIDA and made it in PLENTY of time. I was ready to leave by the end of the second act, but...I've seen the show twice already. The rest of them decided they really wanted to see the rest, even though none of them were really enjoying the singing. Luckily for them, my boss was kind enough to take us backstage during the third intermission to observe the half-hour long massive scene change. They were way impressed. Even better, everyone at the Opera House with whom I work simply gushed over me, which made me look really good. :)

On the way back to the hotel, we ran into SNL's Colin Quinn and Ms. Cherry Jones.

And now I'm home and ready to pass out. I have to meet them tomorrow morning at 9:15 for church and then it's off to 5th Ave. At 5pm we sup at Rosie O'Grady's and at 7pm we see MAMMA MIA! We're also tentatively scheduled to go to the observatory at the Empire State Bldg. after the show, but I might postpone that to Monday night. We'll see...

Jose/Rodzinski: Let me know the stats on the tickets. Jose sold me when he said the opening act and Dolly were kindred spirits. ;)

Oh...DR Rodzinski: FEEL BETTER SOON!!

George

« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2005, 10:30:11 PM »

Well, I just booked myself on the 11:00 Acela out of Union Station.  *Interesting Amtrak pricing on the weekends.  The regular fares for the regular regional trains actually go up from $84 to $104.  However, the Acela - which makes the trip to NYC in just three hours - runs it's normal $134.  So, I splurged for the faster, nicer train.

I should get in around 2:00, then I'm meeting up with the conductor to get a copy of the score, and then I'll most likely head over to some practice studio to read through the score.

Well, Excited and scared.

Exciting to us who live vicariously through you!! ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:31:59 PM by George »

Jason

« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2005, 10:36:30 PM »

Yesterday I went to visit a National Monument and this is what I saw:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2005, 10:41:02 PM »

Yesterday I went to visit a National Monument and this is what I saw:

LOL -- I love it!

PS -- DR Jason, how is your grandma?

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2005, 10:41:06 PM »

Well, I'm back from the party. It was fun, but not that well attended. It's the first year they've tried doing a Halloween party and it really was well done, so hopefully next year will be better.

Here is a picture of "Alice" in the Looking Glass

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2005, 10:41:48 PM »

Alice, Bo Peep and Martha

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2005, 10:42:26 PM »

And the winner of the contest, my friend Chris

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2005, 10:42:52 PM »

Sorry those are so big, I have trouble reducing them sometimes

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2005, 10:45:25 PM »

Great pictures, DR Cillaliz!

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2005, 10:48:47 PM »

Great pictures, DR Cillaliz!

Thanks! I didn't make it until Night of the Living Dead.  Paul had a mask on all night and just couldn't last any longer, but refused to take it off because it would blow his character...so we left shortly before the movie would have started.

George

« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2005, 10:49:48 PM »

Those are wonderful pictures!  At my work, we're having a costume contest "break" but it's not a pot-luck...just desserts, only.  I have a hat that has "This IS My Costume" written on it and it blinks!  That will be my costume. ;) Otherwise, I'll be dressed all in black to match the hat, mainly because I have no other idea for a costume.

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2005, 11:04:07 PM »

Thanks George. Well, I'm going to head off to bed. I'm sleepy so good night

MBarnum

« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2005, 11:05:03 PM »

Cillaliz, you made a wonderful Alice!!!

I hope JRand55 will show some Halloween costume photos as well!

MBarnum

« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2005, 11:05:53 PM »

Get healthy vibes to DR Rodzinski...pop in that DVDr of the killer tree trunk movie...it is bound to have a healing effect!

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2005, 11:10:11 PM »

Cillaliz, you made a wonderful Alice!!!

I hope JRand55 will show some Halloween costume photos as well!

Thanks, it really was a blast.  I'd love to see photos of the alien Vixfamily as well!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2005, 11:23:16 PM »

Back from the reunion, about which more in a bit.  I did not run into PennyO's sister, even though I was on the lookout.

Re: Feltenstein - George's m.o. is to convince everyone that he's the man responsible for everything that has to do with Warners titles.  You see it on the DVD ngs all the time - George this, George that - well, he's in marketing.  He doesn't do the transfers, and he isn't responsible for the content, in most cases.  And, if it's a failure, he stays clear, but even if it's a release he's tried to kill that's successful, then up he steps.  

And yes, our very own Nick Redman was a driving force behind the Peckinpah set.

If there's a corrupt file on the radio show, it must have just happened, as others have heard it okay.  Too late, as another show will be up tomorrow.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2005, 11:37:14 PM »

Hey! (Great pix, Cillaliz!) Bruce, how wuzzit?
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2005, 11:38:39 PM »

Tami said she was just too danged tired to go - she's still sorting out wads of "Unfinished" from the lives of our parents... planning a wedding for her son, going to Australia for the wedding of one of her girlfriends... and on and on
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2005, 11:39:15 PM »

And did you get the Kiru ashtray???
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2005, 11:40:07 PM »

Jose - gosh, you're in a Broadway show!!! You sure didn't waste any time!! I'm so proud to have been your first Noo Yawk show!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2005, 11:40:50 PM »

Rodzinski, if I were within six miles, you'd be choking down chicken soup right now.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2005, 11:41:30 PM »

But - darn - here I am on a beautiful tropical island in the middle of the Pacific ocean...
PennyO

George

« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2005, 12:06:57 AM »

If there's a corrupt file on the radio show, it must have just happened, as others have heard it okay.  Too late, as another show will be up tomorrow.

Darn...I'll check again in the morning, though...just in case.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up