Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLEARY-EYED ME  (Read 35768 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE BLEARY-EYED ME
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005, 08:01:08 AM »

It will be an interesting day at work today. Some yahoo, after going on a shooting spree in the neighboring town of Keizer and setting fire to several cars in the police department's parking lot, then came to downtown Salem and drove his truck through the lobby of the Marion County courthouse...which is home to our circuit court ( a Judicial department entity) setting fires and shooting at police.

And since I was scheduled for jury duty Wednesday...I guess that won't be happening this week!

Here is the news story if anyone is interested http://www.kgw.com/

Jason

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 08:02:24 AM »

This is a transcription of a phone call I just had with one of my genius customers...

She: Hello. My daughter is singing a song from THE BOY FROM OZ in a talent show and I need to know which character in the show actually sings it.

Me: We don't handle THE BOY FROM OZ, but OK...

She: Who sings, "When I Get My Name In Lights?" Someone told me it was the Scarecrow...

Me: The scarecrow? Umm...no. There is no scarecrow in THE BOY FROM OZ.

She: Oh? Then who sings it?

Me: The Peter Allen character.

She: Oh. THE BOY FROM OZ isn't about the Oz stories? Well then I can dress her however I want!

Me (Internally): Yes...yes, you can dress her however you want. Preferably in sequins and feathers. Peter would want it that way...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 08:02:59 AM »

Good morning!

Somewhat warm weather has returned to us. Today and tomorrow are to be in the 70s with lows only in the mid 50s.

I don't believe I ever remember a November with this much warm weather this far (we're almost halfway through the month IF YOU CAN BELIEVE THAT!)

Not a cloud in the sky and just beautiful in every respect.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 08:04:52 AM »

LOL, DR Jason! Save us from the uninformed of the world!

Argh!

Does MTI handle LEGS DIAMOND, by the way?

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2005, 08:05:53 AM »

BTW, DRs Jason and Vixmom, your packages will be in the mail to you today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »

How did she get the number for MTI - and how did she get YOU?

Hopefully someone will bill her for the performance royalties for that "talent" show.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2005, 08:07:17 AM »

Last night, DR Jose wrote:

"DR Ginny - I LOVE New York City in January.  It's always been my favorite time to go.  It's sort of neat watching the city slow down a little due to the cold, wind, snow, slush, etc.  And there's nothing like walking down Broadway from 103rd to Times Square - Natural Dermabrasion!"

We're planning many indoor things, like spending a day at the Museum of Natural History, a day at Chelsea Market, a day at Grand Central Terminal.  This will probably not be the visit during which we take the boat tour around Manhattan!

The big question, DR Jose, is:  Will you be there for dinner on Monday, January 16, or will you have to be making your way back to DC?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2005, 08:07:35 AM »

We need the Pogue Party Report from the horse's mouth.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2005, 08:08:52 AM »

I'm back from my morning errands, and just heard from E&T DRJoey, whom I may see around 1:30 if his schedule permits.  He's on the bus now from LaGuardia to Port authority, and has a luncheon date with a friend who's going to Fordham.  

DRJose, the reading is in the Ford Center on 42nd Street tonight at 7:00.  He's going to the rehearsal today at 2:30.

Back to Mario!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2005, 08:10:01 AM »

Good morning.
Wow, I was really deep asleep this morning.  Usually I wake up briefly when DB Jed gets up to take a shower, then I lie in bed until my alarm goes off.  Today I don't remember anything before the sound of the alarm.  Guess I was tired...and having a weird dream to boot.

TOD - If you count dorm rooms, my first was in Wellesley, in Bates Hall.  I lived there for my first year, and my roommate and I got along well enough that we decided to do another year together rather than risk ending up with someone dreadful.  We switched to the building next door, whose name is escaping me at the moment...but I do remember we lived in room 420.  My roommate chose it because...well...you do the math. :)  Turns out that 420 was the biggest room on the floor, though, so we totally lucked out.  

When I transferred to the University of Puget Sound I shared a tiny dorm room for a semester, then decided I'd had enough of dorm life.  I moved into the complex I'm in now, but on the bottom floor, #108.  I was there for a few years...but after two floods, one when my water heater blew, then when the water heater above me blew...I was ready for a different apartment.  I moved up to #213.  Now if a water heater goes out, it's not gonna flood me anymore :)
DB Jed moved in here almost exactly 8 months ago...and hopefully soon we'll get a bigger place together.  :D

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2005, 08:10:35 AM »

DR elmore, tell DR Joey I said HI!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2005, 08:11:42 AM »

TOD:

My first apartment (as opposed to a dorm room during college) was a tiny studio apartment located right behind the Burbank Fire House.  I lived there for maybe a couple of years.  It doesn't exist any more; from what I've heard, it suffered major damage during one of the earthquakes a few years back, and was raized.  Too bad; it was nice, if sometimes noisy.  (Ah, that dear ol' siren call...)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2005, 08:13:03 AM »

Hate to leave this lovely quorum on the forum, but I must be off for my midday errands and appointments.

Bye for now!

Jason

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2005, 08:13:15 AM »

DR MattH: Thank you!!! And BTW, no one holds the rights to LEGS DIAMOND, if you can imagine. ;)

DR Jack: I have no clew how she got my number, but got it she did. I believe she's using a karaoke CD, so I'm fairly certain she will not be paying royalties. And right now THE BOY FROM OZ is an unrepresented title, so technically she'd have to pay directly to Peter Allen's estate if she intended to pay to use the tune.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2005, 08:13:55 AM »

I've caught up to Friday & Saturdays' posts and I'm  about to check out Sunday's.

~~Good Travel & Reading Vibes~~

for Joey

~~~Healing Finger Vibes~~~

for Cillaliz

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2005, 08:16:16 AM »

Dear DR Ann: Since your first residence away from home was a college dorm, and since I also dormed during college, do you think we should also poll the DRs about who did the college dorm thing?  I've a hunch there's a lot of us who did, and that the only reason our esteemed BK didn't think of that is because he isn't one of us...them...whatever.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2005, 08:18:13 AM »

Onwards to work once again.  (These shifting shift hours on the job are making me feel...shifty.)  (That's shiFty, TCB!)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 08:18:45 AM by S. Woody White »

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2005, 08:19:58 AM »

My first apartment was a one bedroom garden-style apartment (first floor) that was in a fairly new apartment complex. I lived there two years and loved it.

Very convenient in every way except the one nedroom units didn't have laundry connections, so I bought a portable washer and dryer. The washer was one of those kinds that you hook up to the faucets in your sink and then would drain into the sink. Worked fine, but the tub was small and it took three loads to do a week's worth of wash. The dryer had a vent that I could direct out the back door when weather permitted.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2005, 08:21:54 AM »

Almost forgot:

Today is National Guacamole Day!

It is also National American Teddy Bear Day!

(That's National American Teddy BEAR Day, TCB!  sheesh.)

vixmom

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2005, 08:23:11 AM »

It will be an interesting day at work today. Some yahoo, after going on a shooting spree in the neighboring town of Keizer and setting fire to several cars in the police department's parking lot, then came to downtown Salem and drove his truck through the lobby of the Marion County courthouse...which is home to our circuit court ( a Judicial department entity) setting fires and shooting at police.

And since I was scheduled for jury duty Wednesday...I guess that won't be happening this week!

Here is the news story if anyone is interested http://www.kgw.com/

I heard about this on CNN when it was happening on Saturday.  ( I turned on CNN and just listened in while I was busy sorting through closets and drawers and changing sheets & things)

They didn't describe the gunman as being incredibly handsome with gorgeous blue eyes and wearing a burka  and there were no hostages mentioned so I assumed you were safe and sound... and since the $&**(@%&* computer wouldn't connect to the internet all weekend...

Glad you are ok and the bad man was nabbed

vixmom

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2005, 08:25:07 AM »

BTW, DRs Jason and Vixmom, your packages will be in the mail to you today.

Thank you!!

Oh and Thank you to George for the West Wing Debates!

After I turned off CNN I popped that in and listened to it but I want to run it again when I can sit and WATCH it as well

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2005, 08:28:21 AM »

I need to get cleaned upnow for my lunch date and errand to the psot office.

WBBL.

vixmom

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2005, 08:29:15 AM »

Oh I am SO glad you on online DR Jason

The Vixter sang "We Three Kings" in a concert Friday night, did I gravely err innot dressing her as a three headed king?

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2005, 08:29:42 AM »

BTW, I don't really watch WEST WING and am not much in the know about it, but what was the general concensus about which character won the debate? And who was congratualted on the show last night as having won it? (Probably both sides think his candidate won since last night's episode was shot weeks ago, I'm guessing.)

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2005, 08:30:35 AM »

Ok, back later.

Ben

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2005, 08:31:48 AM »

Vixmom, did the Vixter sing this version???

We Three Kings of Orient Are
Tried to Smoke a Rubber Cigar
It Was Loaded
It Exploded
Now They're on Yonder Star

Hope no one took offense  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2005, 08:35:12 AM »

Almost forgot:

Today is National Guacamole Day!

It is also National American Teddy Bear Day!

(That's National American Teddy BEAR Day, TCB!  sheesh.)

Thank you, DRSWW!  I had seen the Teddy Bear reference in today's news, but now I'm cravin' some guacamole.  I did hug my Doctor Teddy Bear today, DRvixmom.  He's keeping me healthy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2005, 08:36:53 AM »

So, Michael, what did you do to provoke him?  Is this one more date you forced to watch ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2005, 08:37:48 AM »

Vixmom, did the Vixter sing this version???

We Three Kings of Orient Are
Tried to Smoke a Rubber Cigar
It Was Loaded
It Exploded
Now They're on Yonder Star

Hope no one took offense  :)

Well!  I am totally offended.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2005, 08:39:05 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

One of the short stories I've written has a complete description of the first place I lived when I moved out.  It was located about three blocks from LACC and I had a roommate named Saul.  It was a two-bedroom in one of those two story buildings where all the apartment doors line one side of the building.  It was clean, and nice, and I lived there for, I don't know, maybe five months before the first of at least ten moves during my tenure at LACC.  The second place I lived - now that was scary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up