Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ROLLERCOASTER  (Read 24066 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:ROLLERCOASTER
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 07:57:16 AM »

I'm still deciding who I want for my personal trainer.   ;D ;D ;D

I'd recommend Rodney Gilfry!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 08:01:16 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 07:58:17 AM »

Holy Kazoo!

We've reached page 2!

There must be a reptilian

in the local zoo!

(A nonsense rhyme that celebrates the moment and uses the word of the day!)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 07:59:20 AM »

DR ELMORE Indiana and Noo York Citty are now on the SAME time!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2005, 08:02:21 AM »

So...he'll watch one of them "live"....for the other two, he'll be either "comatose" or "deceased."

Yes, the decision is which to watch "live" while the other two are recording on the DVR. I'm thinking SUPERNATURAL will be the one I watch "live."

This decision is open to change.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2005, 08:04:21 AM »

Because I slept late and was on the phone planning the afternoon, I missed my workout this morning, so I'll have to make that up when I get in from the movies this afternoon.

I have to jump in the shower in just a minute to get ready for my "gentleman caller" (a Tennessee Williams reference)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 08:05:15 AM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2005, 08:09:36 AM »

I would like a nice apartment on the upper east side in New York City - or a suite ALWAYS ready for me at the Plaza!  That might be better!  ;D

A suite at the Dorchester in London, the Ritz in Paris, and the Mark in San Francisco.

My MAIN home would be the Stahl house in the hills of LA, featured in many commmercials and movies....pictured below....the room at the upper right cantilevers out over the Hollywood Hills.

I might like the Ennis House as well.....

I would drive my PT Cruiser all over everywhere.

For vacations - a cabin in the hills of Casey County Kentucky where my father's relatives still live....of course "cabin" is a misnomer for what I want - picture Tanya Tucker's house!  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2005, 08:10:38 AM »

Because I slept late and was on the phone planning the afternoon, I missed my workout this morning, so I'll have to make that up when I get in from the movies this afternoon.

I have to jump in the shower in just a minute to get ready for my "gentleman caller" (a Tennessee Williams reference)

LOL DR MATTH - will we have to bring in chairs from the funeral home?  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2005, 08:11:28 AM »

DR MS - don't forget the Museum of the City of New York at something like 105th and 5th!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2005, 08:13:13 AM »

I know a guy who didn't want to sell floor coverings because he didn't want to be a sales rep for the company....he didn't want to rep-tile.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2005, 08:28:25 AM »

I woke up at three in the morning, didn't fall back asleep until four, and am now up.  Too damn early.  

Will ABC learn from their Night Stalker debacle (can you imagine how costly these failures are) - no, they'll just choose some other TV show to revive because they're so bankrupt of creativity.  Night Stalker was a flop TV series the FIRST time around, even with Darren McGavin.  This time some brilliant exec said, well why don't we do The Night Stalker - sure it was a flop, but we can tart it up and make it look like every other TV show, get some hot young guy to play Kolchak, and the stupid people of America will tune in every week because of our brilliant promos.

I saw one of those promos when watching Alias, and I knew within three seconds it was going to be awful.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2005, 08:30:31 AM »

And I'd have Dino at the piano play all my parties.

Jose and I are heartbroken.   :D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2005, 08:37:08 AM »

Pogue, my late Uncle Charlie had a custom-built 1960 Jaguar that he used to tool around NYC in.  It had cherry-wood in the back and a television and bar built into the back of the front seat (if that makes sense--so that you could drink and watch t.v. if you were in the back seat).  Charlie took me for a drive in the Jag around Manhattan early one Sunday morning when I was a kid, and it was an exhilirating and terrifying experience.  Charlie did not suffer red lights or slow cars lightly--several times he drove up on the sidewalks to get around "obstacles" (you know, like pedestrians crossing the street  ;D).  The cool thing about Charlie is he spoke several languages, including Mandarin Chinese and Russian, fluently, and he stopped in all the ethnic neighborhoods in lower Manhattan and spoke with vendors, etc., who were out on the street in their native tongues.  It is a morning I will never forget.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jason

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2005, 08:42:02 AM »

If I had unlimited funds, I'd have myself a loverly little set-up somewhere on Central Park West with a loverly view of the park, just like everyone else. Or maybe I'd want a place a little closer to the Theatre District. I dunno. I DO know, however, that there'd be a washer/dryer unit in my apartment. No question about it. No more schlepping 6 blocks with 60 lbs. of laundry on my back. Most people would just hire someone to do that for them if they had unlimited funds. Not me - I don't like nobody touchin' my dirty undies.

I'd, of course, have summer homes and winter cottages around the world. Specifically: A loverly cottage home in the British countryside. A cozy cottage in French wine country. A villa in Florence. A flat in Sydney and a cabin in Vermont.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2005, 08:45:41 AM »

One of the reasons I had a sleepless night was because I just had all my staging images in my head, trying to figure out what to add, what to subtract, and to figure out the big ending when the whole thing turns into counterpoint, with all three different musical parts are sung (and fit) together.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 08:50:11 AM by bk »

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2005, 08:58:11 AM »

I really enjoyed last night's MEDIUM.  And for the first time in weeks, the ending did not feel rushed to me! Yeah! :)

I also saw an ad that mentioned that here in Canada the 3D glasses (to view next week's episode) will be in this Saturday's Globe and Mail.  So if TV Guide Canada does not have them, then I will go and buy that paper!

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2005, 08:59:40 AM »

And re: AQUAMAN.

Did any of you who watched the episode he was on (on SMALLVILLE) really think the actor who played him was that good?  To carry a show I would want a much better actor than that for sure.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2005, 09:00:17 AM »

Only 1000 more posts until we achieve our new plateau!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2005, 09:03:18 AM »

I'd recommend Rodney Gilfry!

Or Nathan Gunn!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2005, 09:03:50 AM »

Or Nathan Gunn!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2005, 09:04:10 AM »

Or Nathan Gunn!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2005, 09:05:30 AM »

Or Nathan Gunn!  He's on the cover of the  new Opera News, playing the Montgomery Clift role in the Met premiere of AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY (A PLACE IN THE SUN).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 09:07:11 AM by elmore3003 »

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2005, 09:06:06 AM »

I agree with DR MattH's use of the term "live" for watching a show when it is actually on tv, rather than recording it.  It might not be technically correct, but it's a term that easily reflects what he meant.  And that is good enough for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2005, 09:07:46 AM »

DR ELMORE Indiana and Noo York Citty are now on the SAME time!!

Stop!

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2005, 09:13:16 AM »

I am surprised that CLOSE TO HOME did so well on Friday.  Not because I don't think that putting it on after GHOST WHISPERER was smart.  But because I'm sure plenty of people did not even know the show had moved nights.  I know at least 3 people who watch the show, and who had no idea it moved.  They really should have kept it on Tuesdays until they could put a note at the bottom DURING the show to say it was moving.

Oh and I did watch last week's GHOST WHISPERER (still my fav new show).  I was not expecting things to go the way they did (with tattoo guy). He was so creepy and dangerous, I thought for sure he would have been different than he was!

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2005, 10:10:00 AM »

It is snowing here. Snowing and snowing and snowing.  It was in the 70s this past weekend, tornadoes on Sunday and now snow. LOL!  it's warm enough that it isn't sticking but 50 mph wind gusts are never a treat. It's really cold in my office today. So I'm drinking green tea and am all bundled up in a turtleneck, cardigan etc.

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2005, 10:10:49 AM »

I'm wishing I could be home today, but silly me I set an appointment at 4:00pm so I'll be here for the duration.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2005, 10:16:55 AM »

Cillaliz we have your sun and you have our snow and it is beginning to warm up here.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2005, 10:22:36 AM »

I'm wishing I could be home today, but silly me I set an appointment at 4:00pm so I'll be here for the duration.
Silly! Silly!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2005, 10:23:18 AM »

Sometimes we look at the new lofts and condos going up in Portland.  It would be nice to have a place near Bryan.  However, if money is no option I might as well stay in the best hotels.

I would love to rent an Italian villa, one that includes a staff to take care of everything.  We would have room for family and friends to visit, take multiple trips and stay until we felt like returning home.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2005, 10:23:36 AM »

I've already had multitudinous telephonic calls, three visitors, and now I shall be on my way to a meeting, after which, I shall return to watch about ten more DVDs for footage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up