Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ROLLERCOASTER  (Read 25306 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:ROLLERCOASTER
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2005, 11:29:16 AM »

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jason

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2005, 11:37:24 AM »

DR Vixmom: MTI only handles the Grand Rights (Stage Rights) for musicals. We do our best to allow directors, costumers and other designers to make their own creative choices when producing our materials.

Though I will say, I think having her dressed as a fir tree with an angel planted squarely on the top of her head would be most unseemly. ;)

How's that for a form letter?  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 11:37:58 AM by Jason »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2005, 11:52:08 AM »

I've already had multitudinous telephonic calls, three visitors, and now I shall be on my way to a meeting, after which, I shall return to watch about ten more DVDs for footage.

BK, did you get the DVD-R that I sent??  You should get it some time today.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2005, 12:02:19 PM »

Today’s topic of discussion: If money were no object, where would you like to live, in what sort of home would you reside, and what sort of car would you want to tool around in?

Oh, even though I've never been, I'd have to give it all up for Paris, not Paris, Illinois, but, PARIS, FRANCE.  Something has always drawn me towards Paree, quite often (as in frequently, not sans parents) my dreams are set there.  Actually, I'd say that close to 95% of my dreams take place in Paris.   ???
Of course, if I were dwelling in Paris, I would have to drive an expensive sports car - perhaps a Lamborghini Murcialago - in red or copper tones.  Then of course, above the age of thirty-seven, I'd be able to ride through Paris in a sports car with the warm wind in my hair.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

vixmom

« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2005, 12:04:12 PM »

DR Vixmom: MTI only handles the Grand Rights (Stage Rights) for musicals. We do our best to allow directors, costumers and other designers to make their own creative choices when producing our materials.

Though I will say, I think having her dressed as a fir tree with an angel planted squarely on the top of her head would be most unseemly. ;)

How's that for a form letter?  ;D

:-* :-*

Beautifully done, Jason, beautifully done!

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2005, 12:09:38 PM »

TOD - Why don't we just buy a building on Central Park West and turn it into an HHW residence?  I'd also like to have a place on a large body of water - ocean, one of the Great Lakes, etc.

Actually, if money had not been an object, I might never have left Ann Arbor 32 years ago.  The vibrancy of a large university community still calls to me, but the climate detracts from its appeal as a retirement destination.  Of course, had I not left Ann Arbor, I would not have met DH Richard or DR elmore (and therefore all you folks here at HHW).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2005, 12:16:12 PM »

My TV Guide just arrived along with the one pair of 3D glasses.  Am I supposed to rush out now and buy a second pair?   ;D

vixmom

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2005, 12:16:37 PM »

TOD - Why don't we just buy a building on Central Park West and turn it into an HHW residence?  I'd also like to have a place on a large body of water - ocean, one of the Great Lakes, etc.

Actually, if money had not been an object, I might never have left Ann Arbor 32 years ago.  The vibrancy of a large university community still calls to me, but the climate detracts from its appeal as a retirement destination.  Of course, had I not left Ann Arbor, I would not have met DH Richard or DR elmore (and therefore all you folks here at HHW).

Excellent suggestion DR Ginny!!!!

BTW - I did not forget about the picture but until we get our modem issues resolved at home I cannot get it to you!

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2005, 12:16:44 PM »

DR Jason, one of the best Halloween costumes I ever saw was a zoology professor dressed exactly as you describe, plus battery-operated twinkly lights.  She gift-wrapped shoe boxes and wore them on her feet, too.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2005, 12:20:41 PM »

My TV Guide just arrived along with the one pair of 3D glasses.  Am I supposed to rush out now and buy a second pair?   ;D

You are supposed to go out to the newstands and buy several copies of the NEW and IMPROVED and BIGGER & BETTERTV Guide for every member of your family and a few for any "drop-in guests" that might show up so everyone can see the show in MAGNIFICENT  3-D!!!!!!!!!!

(or at least I suspect that is the marketing strategy!) :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 12:23:21 PM by vixmom »

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2005, 12:22:34 PM »

BTW - I did not forget about the picture but until we get our modem issues resolved at home I cannot get it to you!

No hurry, DR vixmom - I think the picture issue came up just as you were beginning to deal with vixdad's medical issue, too.  BTW, how's he feeling?

vixmom

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2005, 12:34:41 PM »

No hurry, DR vixmom - I think the picture issue came up just as you were beginning to deal with vixdad's medical issue, too.  BTW, how's he feeling?

He seems ok... he's been a little short of breath which is what led to his Doctor suggeting a stress test in the first place, but the cardioligist says that while it is "important" to take care of this "soon",  the need is not "critical" and hence he put it on hold until after Thanksgiving so Vixdad could enjoy himself for the holiday,  He'll be going in the morning of the 29th(much vibage and prayers will be requested) for the angiogram and if they deem it necessary they'll do the angioplasty right away, install any necesary "stents" and keep him at least overnight

« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 12:42:14 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2005, 12:35:28 PM »

DR Jason, one of the best Halloween costumes I ever saw was a zoology professor dressed exactly as you describe, plus battery-operated twinkly lights.  She gift-wrapped shoe boxes and wore them on her feet, too.

Now THAT"S a picture I would like to see!!!!

vixmom

« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2005, 12:44:21 PM »

I'm off to try and clear up this mess of a desk...laters!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2005, 12:53:24 PM »

I meant to mention last night that in a lengthy article in next week's TV GUIDE, it's explained that the 3-D used in next week's show will be used in some sort of paintings that reveal clues to Allison. Much of the episode will not be in 3-D, just the parts in some kind of paintings that will reflect what she's being told to give clues to whatever mystery she'll be trying to unravel.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2005, 12:57:08 PM »

I have decided that I will be watching HOUSE "live," and will be recording SUPERNATURAL.

I haz spoken.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2005, 12:58:31 PM »

I did enjoy seeing pictures in the TV GUIDE in 3-D using the glasses a lot of fun.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2005, 12:59:33 PM »

Going to eat some lunch now.

WBBL with a report on KISS KISS BANG BANG.

Jason

« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2005, 01:03:47 PM »

DR MBarnum: Do you know where I would most likely find 8x10s of Mssrs. Farley Granger (circa 1948) and Robert Cummings (circa 1942)??
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 01:06:46 PM by Jason »

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2005, 01:05:59 PM »

DR Jane, I guess you and Keith will have to pass the 3D glasses back and forth.  It is a bit weird if two or more people are watching at the same time.

Our TV Guide (Canadian version and still little) came and no 3D glasses.  But on MEDIUM last night it said to get them in Saturday's Globe and Mail (which unfortunately is not the paper most people here get). But I shall go to the newsstand and get it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2005, 01:06:47 PM »

Nah.  You can "film" it and watch it "live" at the same time.

That way, one of you can watch with the 3-D glasses "live" while the other does without.  Then, you can replay it and the one who missed the 3-D effect can see it on the second "live" viewing.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2005, 01:30:40 PM »

I've just spent some considerable time deleting cookies. It's always a concern that I will not remember passwords when I've deleted the wrong cookie!! HHW is safely back!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2005, 01:41:15 PM »

I am so confused.

But at least I'm caught up!
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2005, 01:43:18 PM »

I've just spent some considerable time deleting cookies. It's always a concern that I will not remember passwords when I've deleted the wrong cookie!! HHW is safely back!!

At first, I thought you were using a computer term as a "euphemism" for the actual eating of bunches of actual cookies. (Please note that the parens around "euphemism" are not intended as some Canadian/retired English teacher clue for the word meaning other than what it is intended).  :D

Yes, Passwords ARE tricky, as are userids if you don't use the same ones all the time.

I keep a separate word document, falsely named, that lists for me all my separate log-ins.

It has saved me many, many, many times.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 01:46:53 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2005, 01:47:43 PM »

Smokin'!

Tomovoz

« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2005, 01:51:24 PM »

At first, I thought you were using a computer term as a "euphemism" for the actual eating of bunches of actual cookies. (Please not that the parens around "euphemism" are not intended as some Canadian/retired English teacher clue for the word meaning other than what it is intended).  :D

Yes, Passwords ARE tricky, as are userids if you don't use the same ones all the time.

I keep a separate word document, falsely named, that lists for me all my separate log-ins.

It has saved me many, many, many times.
"Cookies" is not the usual term in OZ for what we call biscuits. (as they do in the UK and NZ). Thus not a confusion here.  I'm more likely to think of "77 Sunset Strip? and "Kookie" or Dagwood's daughter "Cookie".

Good idea about the Word Document Ron.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2005, 01:52:50 PM »

Do you have Toll House Biscuits, Tom?

Tomovoz

« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2005, 01:59:11 PM »

Not that I am aware of Ron.
I think our word "Scone" is used differently too! I remember a  discussion with TCB a year ago. We still make Scones - as in the English variety -- afternoon tea - scones, jam and cream

This is never ending.. Jam is of course jelly to you I think.  To us Jelly is whay you call jello.

I do remember sending a recipe for scones to both TCB and DR Panni.  
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2005, 02:02:02 PM »

DR MBarnum: Do you know where I would most likely find 8x10s of Mssrs. Farley Granger (circa 1948) and Robert Cummings (circa 1942)??

Why yes. You could check out either MOVIE STAR NEWS www.moviestarnews.com for the Farley Granger photos. They have some of Robert Cummings but they appear to be later then 1942.

Try Jerry Ohlinger's Movie Material Store for the Robert Cummings photos. http://www.moviematerials.com/ or Ebay.

Both stores are in Manhatten (I visited them on my trip). Movie Star News charges 10.00 a still if you go in person, and only $5 if you use the website. Of course if you factor in postage it might even out if you are only buying one photo.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2005, 02:02:04 PM »

Of course, if you had a Mac, you could have your passwords automatically saved in your keychain items and access them whenever you forget them, even if you delete all your cookies.  ;)
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up