Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NERD ON MY BACK  (Read 26541 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE NERD ON MY BACK
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2005, 03:00:51 PM »

Der Brucer and I won't be seeing Goblet for a while.  Thanksgiving week is a monster for sales at grocery stores, so I'm planning on being on the job for most of next week.  And the only day off I have scheduled is on Friday, and der B and I have something else going that day.

Namely, we may have found Peggy (in my arms in my avatar) a new home.

Oh, how I hope this works out!

In any case, we're driving into Pennsylvania on Friday, so I should get to see some great fall colors!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2005, 03:02:59 PM »

Besides, der B and I don't need to see the movie; we've already read the book!  (Old fashioned gents, that's us!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2005, 03:13:16 PM »

Skip's been reading the birthday wishes and sends his thanks to everyone here.

Tell Skip to come join us.  I enjoyed talking with him.

Jane

« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2005, 03:18:06 PM »

GOOD VIBES PEGGY HAS A NEW, HAPPY HOME!![/size]

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2005, 03:21:55 PM »

Man, was the first season of Laverne and Shirley really this unfunny?  I'm trying to find two little snippets, and I haven't come close - there is the odd moment but they play out for too long for a clip reel - I guess they found their sea legs in season two.

Tomovoz

« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2005, 03:22:28 PM »

Congratulations Mr Dale.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2005, 03:43:22 PM »

tonight will be our coldest yet with temperatures predicted at 19 degrees!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2005, 03:45:58 PM »

Man, was the first season of Laverne and Shirley really this unfunny?  I'm trying to find two little snippets, and I haven't come close - there is the odd moment but they play out for too long for a clip reel - I guess they found their sea legs in season two.

Maybe.  When was the last time you watched the show?  We watched a few re-runs awhile back and wondered the same thing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2005, 03:52:29 PM »

Happy Birthday Skip!!

td

• td
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2005, 04:04:54 PM »

ONLY $7.99??  Here in Olympia, Red Robin burgers are $9.99!!
Oh, DR George - I have a confession to make:
I've been watching those *films* from Richard Anthony Films again!  You know, those ones with OLYMPIA in the title!  I'm getting to be an Olympiaphile!
Not art, but, you've got a lovely city with a lovely lake and it's a very photogenic town. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Michael

« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2005, 04:38:02 PM »

Happy Birthday Skip!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2005, 04:38:28 PM »

TD now that you have the possibility of two jobs is NYC on again??
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2005, 04:39:09 PM »

Ralph Edwards of This is Your Life has died. Here is a link to a short obit.

Ralph Edwards

New series:

This Is Your Death
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2005, 04:39:46 PM »

tonight will be our coldest yet with temperatures predicted at 19 degrees!

Gets a little chilly in them thar hills...flats...backwoods...whichever Indiana's geography is mostly.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2005, 04:49:57 PM »

Oh, DR George - I have a confession to make:
I've been watching those *films* from Richard Anthony Films again!  You know, those ones with OLYMPIA in the title!  I'm getting to be an Olympiaphile!
Not art, but, you've got a lovely city with a lovely lake and it's a very photogenic town. . .

Photogenic town...yea, that's the ticket. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2005, 05:00:16 PM »

Off to do some cleaning now and then to watch some TV. Yes, LOST does run longer tonight, but like others, I will watch INVASION "live" tonight and record LAW & ORDER. Usually, I do it the other way around.

"Wordy" (unnecessary verbiage) : -3 points
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 05:02:07 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2005, 05:05:44 PM »

Resorts?  Hmmmm.........

I suppose Capri and Sorrento count, so those are both terrific places to recommend.  I prefer Capri, all things considered, because the entire island is a resort and lush and gorgeous.  There are two centers -- Capri and Anacapri, the latter at a higher elevation on the island and loaded with hotels and fancy-schmancy shops.

Does Santa Fe count as a resort?  It's certainly low-key and fun.  Not like a vacation spot, per se, where people rush around madly trying to have fun.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2005, 05:11:05 PM »

I've been home all day.

Yesterday was very, very windy.  I, and some co-workers, went out to lunch.  Each way was about a 10-minute walk.  When we were eating, we were facing the open street.

I totally underestimated what all that wind would do to me.  I left work around 3 p.m. yesterday.  Last night, I managed to get the ill effects under control with some extra-strength medication.

While I was essentially "dried out" and breathing easily, a side effect was an unpleasant pressure behind my right eye -- and extreme light sensitivity.  I was whupped when it came time to get ready for work.  So I didn't.  I made my apologies via e-mail and stayed home.

I've been in bed most of the day and am, quite frankly, slept out (tired of being in bed!!!).

The breathing is still easy, however, and the evening loom with promises of excellent television entertainment that I will watch without having to record a thing.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2005, 05:13:14 PM »

Ooh-ooh!  This morning (around 9), during a waking period, I managed to watch "Ruthless People" and "Big Business" on DVD.

I also started watching "What's the Matter With Helen?" around 1 p.m., but suddenly could watch no longer and I returned to my slumbers.  Looked interesting.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2005, 05:15:15 PM »

I see....I start posting and everyone finds a reason to leave.  That, or east coasters are engaged in primetime "live" viewing or recording, and west coasters are on the road....and the middling folks are somewhere in between...watching Jeopardy or the Wheel, I suppose.

I won't even speculate about what the Down Under folk might be doing.  I viewed "Who's Online" and did not find Tomovoz viewing his profile.  What a relief.

;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 05:26:40 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

Well, I'll have a personal frenzy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2005, 05:17:39 PM »

I was up after 2 a.m. today and visited this here site.  Read BK's first posts...and the chastisement of those lurking and not posting.

So...I thought I'd post...and then found the forum missing a few things...like the "Quick-Reply" feature and the "reply" button.

Like many of you, I sent BK an IM...and went back to bed.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2005, 05:18:43 PM »

Well, I didn't exactly go directly back to bed.

The sinus meds had me a tad dry...but I opted to eat some Healthy Choice vanilla ice cream....cold and creamy and soothing and good.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2005, 05:20:29 PM »

The building next door has been the site of much activity as they've had their roof re-done.  The noise factor hasn't been an issue, but the smell of tar in the afternoon is not the most pleasant aroma to have wafting through one's bedroom window.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2005, 05:24:33 PM »

There have been those, in my past, who suggested that my tours of duty on aircraft carriers constituted "resort-like" living....being on a ship the size of a city, having shops to go to, exercise facilities, stunning views, etc.

Right!  

Those ships did take me to some pretty wonderful ports, however, and one of my favorites was Singapore.  I've been there during monsoon season, at Christmas (and I was stunned by all the seasonal decorations and then learned that Singapore was predominantly Christian) and in their Spring.  While I never stayed at Raffles (but wanted to), I had a terrific time in this glorious city.

td

• td
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2005, 05:28:44 PM »

TD now that you have the possibility of two jobs is NYC on again??

Actually. . .YES. . .after the new year.   ;D
And. . .it's still THREE - I'm still on payroll at the still-being-renovated Sam Morgan's Clubhouse.  The way my luck is going, I'll probably get a phone call tomorrow from them telling me to start to work again on Friday. . .  ::)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2005, 05:31:01 PM »

Yes, I have a past.  Some of it surprises even me when it pops up, unwanted and demanding to be recalled and reflected upon.

All learning experiences, I assure you.  I am the sum of many, many, many (well, not THAT many) parts.

It's often amazing to me that I was ever that young, that trusting, that willing to believe in so many things about so many people.

The strongest memories, of course, are the ones about the people I knew...some I still do, some I wish I still had in my life, and some I hope found great misery in life to counter the disappointment and misery they inflicted upon others.

Oh....my....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2005, 05:34:22 PM »

I have read that the most recent Mega Millions (multi-state) lottery ticket winner purchased the ticket in Anaheim.  This is California's first winner.

Wish it had been me taking home the $312 million.

However, it's fun to know someone won it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2005, 05:35:21 PM »

Wow!  Look at all the Hainsies/Kimlets now on the board.  

Like stars popping up in the sky just after sunset.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2005, 05:37:13 PM »

I had better start thinking about my dinner.

Since I have some already prepared chicken breasts (barbecued), I think I'll whomp up some rice and finish off my collards.

Or, maybe some potatoes instead of rice.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up