Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NERD ON MY BACK  (Read 26525 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE NERD ON MY BACK
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2005, 08:59:52 PM »

"Lost" is just starting.  Later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2005, 09:00:24 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 8 Dance!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2005, 10:07:11 PM »

Good Evening!

The chart is done.  And I got it done a lot quicker than I thought it would have taken.  So, I decided to go ahead and do some corrections and edits on some of the other charts I've been working on, and then get them all printed out.  -Just one more print out to go.  *I would have had this done a few minutes ago, but I got into auto-pilot mode and shut down my laptop before printing out the file I had just edited and saved.  Ah, well...

But it's done!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2005, 10:12:23 PM »

And like DR MattH - I liked tonight's episode of "Lost", but it was just a bit too too much.  Myself, I would not have minded having the storyline stretched over another episode or two... or even three.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2005, 10:13:45 PM »

And now I believe some sleep is in order...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2005, 10:19:57 PM »

Maybe FOX doesn't want to hear about how bad their OKLAHOMA! transfer really is!  I'm fairly certain that the R&H org. will have something to say. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2005, 10:21:40 PM »

Back from a long but good rehearsal - still having issues with a couple of cast members - hopefully all will be sorted out by Monday.  But, the opening number is finished - never got to the act one closer but that's much easier and will only take me a couple of hours on Monday.

I am so on overload right now - I still have to find one more Laverne and Shirley clip, then one more DVD after that, then I must put post-its with time codes on thirty-five DVDs.  Notes may be a little late.  Then I have to meet David Wechter at EIGHT in the morning in the Oaks of Sherman.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2005, 11:29:42 PM »

SPOILER

Re: "LOST" -- SPOILER

I thought tonight's show was devastatingly BRILLIANT...well done, beautifully acted, and it brought all the key survivors of the tail section into sharp focus.

I now have an attachment to some of them as great as I have toward others from the front section of the plane whose stories preceded.

I'm not at all worried about exposition, as we will surely get details on all of them down the line.  Front and center is Ana Alicia who now pops for me as one of the best characters on the show, along with Eko.

I can't think of a better way for the writers to have done this -- they obviously have to get back to the "other" survivors and merge the groups.  

I truly loved this episode...one of the best I've ever seen in any genre!

Also interesting is the insights we got into "the others" -- that they're probably not cannibals, but have integrated their kidnap victims into their tribe...for  purposes, I'm sure, to be revealed later.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 11:31:48 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2005, 11:33:50 PM »

So, here it is late at night and I should be getting to bed.

I'm so keyed up after "Lost" and "Invasion", though.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2005, 11:34:46 PM »

I definitely enjoyed tonight's "Lost" and "Invasion" shows!  It would have been nice to get a little more (maybe two episodes) of the other Lost survivors, but the recap was more than adequate for me.

George

« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2005, 11:35:31 PM »

Tomorrow at work, we're having a Technical Services lunch (pizza), provided by the technical services supervisor (Judy, my supervisor's supervisor).  She is providing the lunch for all of us (more than 20!) and I was asked to put together a couple of CDs for music...and NO SHOW TUNES!!  Why in the world would they ask ME to put together some music and not want show tunes??  How rude! ;)

Anyway, I have some light jazz recordings that would not be inappropriate for background music:  solo CDs from members of The Manhattan Transfer; Ella Fitzgerald; Cleo Laine; Natalie Cole; Michael Bublé; ­Bill Charlap; Lea DeLaria; Ann Hampton Callaway; Harry Connick, Jr.; and most of the BK produced Sondheim in jazz CDs...what they don't know won't hurt them. ;D

George

« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2005, 11:36:26 PM »

So, that's what I'm going to be working on now. :P It has to be done tonight before I go to bed.  Yet another late night. ::)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2005, 11:37:30 PM »

and now the Sound of Music.

I have a  2 questions

On the trailer for the rerelease was the voice over Malachi Throne?

On the comparisons section

The 2005 restoration vs 2005 video version. IMHO the video transfer looks better. The sky looks bluer than the film restoration. Shouldn't they be the same? WHy the difference?

Confused, I am, over this.

What are the distinctions between "restoration" and "video version" as stated above?

What "video transfer" are you talking about?  The current DVD release?  A previous one?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up