Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OVERLOAD  (Read 24904 times)

Ben

Re:OVERLOAD
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2005, 08:39:57 AM »

Me...and Mahler!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2005, 08:48:06 AM »

You...and a corpse?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2005, 08:55:53 AM »

TOD:  well the last time I was overloaded was when I was doing a show here and some hotshot director from L.A. came up and requested ( ;)) a bunch of additions/deletions in charts with less than 48 hours until opening.   And then my floor got scratched.   ;D

Walla:  We drove through Walla2  ;D on our Yellowstone journey this past summer.  When we did I told the kids that it was a rule that you had to say every word twice when you spoke.  That has since become a running joke in our family.

I have been deluged with hits/responses to my Farmer article since My Lobotomy ran last night on NPR.  A free-lance writer who does a lot of stuff for the Chicago Sun-Times wants to interview me for a (hopefully) nationally syndicated article.  We shall see......
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2005, 08:58:03 AM »

Yes, I often think about that East Coast-West Coast difference when I'm on-line in the late afternoon and you're still at work.

Or when I've finished my evening's TV watching and yours is just starting.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2005, 09:00:21 AM »

Several friends and I have batted around the idea of going to one of the midnight HARRY POTTER shows tonight, but they have to work tomorrow, and I'd just as soon avoid what will be undoubtedly crushing crowds of people and wait a few days to see it.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2005, 09:02:24 AM »

I've done that midnight show thing twice: JURASSIC PARK and BATMAN AND ROBIN. Of course, with JP we were all juiced by that amazing feat of movie magic. With B&R, well, let's just say I liked it better than those I was with (though I'll admit much of it was very lame).

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2005, 09:03:16 AM »

Is this really news department:  the new Harry Potter film made the front page of The Oregonian today.  Oy.  The reviewer said it's easily the best film of the bunch.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2005, 09:04:27 AM »

I see the next wave of Shirley Temple movies comes out next week: BRIGHT EYES (which was previously released), REBECCA OF SUNNYBROOK FARM, and BABY TAKE A BOW.

Also, the 1933 KING KONG is being released in multiple editions and the new version of WAR OF THE WORLDS debuts next week, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2005, 09:05:12 AM »

Is this really news department:  the new Harry Potter film made the front page of The Oregonian today.  Oy.  The reviewer said it's easily the best film of the bunch.

Our reviewer really liked it but felt PRISONER OF AZKABAN was superior.

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2005, 09:10:39 AM »

I don't think I have ever been overloaded.

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2005, 09:10:50 AM »

I see the next wave of Shirley Temple movies comes out next week: BRIGHT EYES (which was previously released), REBECCA OF SUNNYBROOK FARM, and BABY TAKE A BOW.

Also, the 1933 KING KONG is being released in multiple editions.

Plus season 1 of LEAVE IT TO BEAVER and an Italian spy film starring Lex Barker, CODE 7 VICTIM 5...my credit card will be overloaded, even if I am not! LOL!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 09:11:49 AM by MBarnum »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2005, 09:14:18 AM »

:o  DR vixmom - You need to join Jane and me at Flanigan's Inn for that retreat we were talking about yesterday!

I have three hours free in May 2007   ;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2005, 09:20:31 AM »

What was the name of the creepy guy who Jack and company ran into last year (who took claire's baby). That wasn't nathan, was it?

SPOILER RESPONSE!

No, Nathan is the guy we saw get killed in the camp of the Tail Survivors...killed by Goodwin, one of "them."

The guy who took Claire (who was pregnant) was killed by Charlie.  The French woman later took Claire's baby, but the baby was recovered, also by Charlie.

Ethan was the guy that Charlie killed.  Ethan and Nathan...hmm.  Co-inkydink? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2005, 09:20:45 AM »

I have three hours free in May 2007   ;D

Yeah, yeah....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2005, 09:20:55 AM »

I'm now off to work.  Have a good day, all! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2005, 09:21:48 AM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2005, 09:23:05 AM »

I don't think I have ever been overloaded.

OY!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2005, 09:23:40 AM »

Dear Jason it sounds like you are having a wonderful birthday weekend!  I am very interested ti hear your thoughts on Woman in White, my folks have expressed an interest in seeing it but I have hesitated buying them the tickets as Tomovoz wasn't too thrilled with it... as I recall he walked out on it!

vixmom

« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2005, 09:26:32 AM »

Dang it All JMK!  I usually listen to NPR on my comute home and last night the traffic was so lousy I was flipping through all the local stations trying to get traffic updates,,,it seemed all the major roads were having accidents all over them and I missed the story!

I wonder if they posted it on the staion website.... hmmm let me go have a looksee.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2005, 09:37:23 AM »

BK, what has happened with the stage discipline of college students.  In college was where we learned discipline and responsibility to the show and to other cast members.  If you were cast, you didn't jeopardize losing your part by sloughing off rehearsals.  You knew the rehearsal schedule and you showed up on time and ready to work.  

I've watched rehearsals in college theatre that now more resemble some community theatre rehearsals where people laugh and titter and discipline is lax and several will show up late, etc.  I can't believe it!

OVERLOAD...I usually get overload during a script deadline time.  Lots of late nights, diet coke, and usually having to pull some scene that's been difficult out of my ass.  Oddly enough, it is usually a very good scene and does exactly what it is supposed to do thematically and structurally.

My body manages to always pulls through stressful situations...and then knowing when we're over the hump, it'll break down with a cold or something.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2005, 09:53:28 AM »

LOST DISCUSSION.

SPOILER RESPONSE!

No, Nathan is the guy we saw get killed in the camp of the Tail Survivors...killed by Goodwin, one of "them."

The guy who took Claire (who was pregnant) was killed by Charlie.  The French woman later took Claire's baby, but the baby was recovered, also by Charlie.

Yeah I know the guy killed last night was Nathan.  My question was, what was the guy who took Claire's baby's name. I thought the name was something like nathan.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2005, 09:56:49 AM »

LOST DISCUSSION.Yeah I know the guy killed last night was Nathan.  My question was, what was the guy who took Claire's baby's name. I thought the name was something like nathan.

I repeat, no guy ever took Claire's baby.  CLAIRE, herself, was the abductee, and as George has clarified, the guy was named Ethan.  Initially, Ethan took both Charlie and Claire, but Charlie was left for dead, hanging from a tree.  They found him in time and he recovered.  Claire later escaped and told everyone that Ethan had taken her because he wanted her (unborn) baby.  They set a trap, hoping to capture Ethan and learn more about what was going on. Charlie, however, took a gun and shot Ethan, killing him.

The only person who took Claire's (born) baby was the French woman, but she was out of her head and Charlie retrieved the baby.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 09:58:56 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2005, 09:57:12 AM »

LOST SPOILERS.

Ethan was the guy that Charlie killed.  Ethan and Nathan...hmm.  Co-inkydink? ;)

THANK YOU.  I could not remember the name. I wonder if they were brothers. They looked a bit similar.

Okay here is another question.  Charlie found out that Ethan was not on the plane with them.  Ana suspected that Nathan was also not on the plane.  But I think we were supposed to believe at the end that Nathan really was on the plane (and the guy who killed him was not on the plane). Is that right?

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2005, 09:58:56 AM »

I repeat, no guy ever took Claire's baby.  CLAIRE, herself, was the abductee.

Sorry i meant wanted Claire's baby (not took).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2005, 09:59:35 AM »

I'm happy to report that The Last Starfighter CD has received its first review, and it's a corker.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/sound/nov1705.html

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2005, 09:59:49 AM »

LOST SPOILERS.THANK YOU.  I could not remember the name. I wonder if they were brothers. They looked a bit similar.

Okay here is another question.  Charlie found out that Ethan was not on the plane with them.  Ana suspected that Nathan was also not on the plane.  But I think we were supposed to believe at the end that Nathan really was on the plane (and the guy who killed him was not on the plane). Is that right?

That's right.  Nathan WAS on the plane, apparently.  He was not one of "the others."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2005, 10:02:29 AM »

Gee, that's great news about the review for "The Last Starfighter."

I am ever-hopeful my order will arrive one of these days.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 10:03:13 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2005, 10:05:56 AM »

Re discipline:  There is little, in any field, I find.  I was saying exactly what Pogue said  - when I went to LACC I would have been thrown out of the show and possibly the department if I behaved like some of these folks are (just two or three - two of whom are alums).  In those days, they would not put up with it.  Now, they're more lenient because they size of the class has dwindled down so much they can't afford to lose students.  Kids have jobs (there was no way we could have a job in the old days - the job was the department, and you lived and ate however you lived and ate - LACC didn't have tuition, so as long as you could pay your rent and eat, that was that), and they regularly use that to get out of rehearsals.  I've been rather strong about it, and I think they sense that because I'm not a teacher, that I will brook no unprofessional behavior - some kid said to me last night, "Well, you know, I have to arrange my work schedule - got to pay bills, you know" and I said, "Great - just show up at my rehearsals or, if work is what you have to do, go to work, but you won't be in this show.  Your decision completely."  I believe he'll be showing up at rehearsals.  But it was the attitude, which was like here's what I'm doing deal with it.  Not on your tintype, baby.  YOU deal with it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2005, 10:07:52 AM »

Your order should have been there already - priority and all.  It was sent to a different address than all your other packages, because that's what was on the paypal order sheet.  I have a delivery confirmation slip, too, so we can find out if it was indeed delivered to the address on the sheet.  I can't remember exactly when I shipped your package, but I'm sure it was in Monday's batch, having gotten the order the previous Thursday or Friday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2005, 10:08:20 AM »

500 or so posts to go until we achieve our new plateau.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up