Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FULL SPEED AHEAD  (Read 23886 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FULL SPEED AHEAD
« on: November 21, 2005, 12:11:11 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, it's full speed ahead, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they've completely misunderstood the title of today's notes and think that it's full Speedos ahead - they're all wearing Speedos now and are quite a sight.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:20:02 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:FULL SPEED AHEAD
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 12:11:28 AM »

And the word of the day is: SUCCULENT!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 04:22:04 AM »

Well, I'm not gonna get bitch-slapped, even though there is only one post before this and it's BK's. It's 7:23 in the morning. Where are the early morning denizens? I'm about to leave for work but I had to put something here. I don't know if it's succulent but it's a post.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 04:25:23 AM »

Also, if anyone at HHW bought one of the Sony/BMG copy protected music CDs and wants to exchange it, here is a link to begin the process.

http://www.upsrow.com/sonybmg/

Of course, if you don't play the CD on a PC you don't have to worry about the software being installed on your computer. Also, if you have a Mac computer you don't have that worry either. It only affects PCs.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 04:36:28 AM »

Good morning, all!  Yesterday, because I had decided to sleep later, I reset thr alarm.  Last night I forget to set it back, so I overslept.  Good morning, DRBen!

I have to pick up music to be scored for a holiday concert this morning, take care of some banking, and then I need to work on my editorial notes for Toyland.  Beyond that, the biog event of the day is dinner at Barrymore's, 6:30 pm, with DRsMichael Shayne, Ben, FJL, and hopefully DRJose.

TOD:  the first jaunt I remember is to Washington, DC, with a stop in Philadelphia.  I was probably around 6 or so.  I got lost in the Smithsonian for several hours, which was quite a panicky bit of time, and beyond that and the Liberty Bell, I have no other memories of the trip.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 05:27:38 AM »

Cows in speedos!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 05:28:33 AM »

Yes DR RLP - I am anticipating scans of the White Christmas souvenir book, AND a full report on "The Best Things Happen When You're Dancing" and "Choreography".

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 05:29:48 AM »

My first trip away from home was also one of my most memorable family vacations - in 1959, we went to visit my father's relatives in Kentucky.  I saw the OHIO RIVER - and we crossed that long bridge!  It was very exciting!  I took a picture of it, but I don't know if I still have it!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 05:30:20 AM »

Busy week for Mr BK!

Our first significant snowfall is expected on Wednesday!

Cillaliz

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 06:02:13 AM »

Morning all, I'm running late so I can't post much right now, but since I'm here I decided to say hello

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 06:06:44 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  BELATED HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR DR JASON  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 06:41:34 AM »

Good Morning all I have not caught up.  We had a busier than busy weekend.  Friday night Vixter & I were setting up for a Pancake Breakfast  and attending a rehearsal for a Santa Lucia Fest (the Vixter is part of Lucia's court this year and has been semi-promised the role of Lucia for next) and getting homework done  so that the weekend would be clear.

Saturday we were up at 6 AM so we could meet the rest of the Girl Scout troop and head into NYC for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular.  We had nice center seats although a bit further back than we expected,  (we had been told we were getting orchestra seats but we were in the mezzanine instead)

The show was fun and the ORCHESTRA WAS THERE!! HOO and RAY!  ANd and everytimne they appeared they rewceived a huge round of applause so the audience seemed to be quite appreciative and supportive  of the live orchestra no matter what nonsense Cablevision  et al was trying to spout about the canned stuff being "just as good"

Then we ended up in Times Square at a stupid Applebees despite my efforts (with the aid of dear elmore.... I hope I didn't disrupt your work too much sweetie with my call) to steer then to John's pizza or Barymores or somewhere with a bit of local color qnd good food   but I was shouted down  so we ended up with overpriced crap.... ah well!  

But from there the day got even better  the Girl Scouts are headed in their own directions and the Vixter & I met up with DR Michael Shayne who very kindly treated us to a lovely dessert  after the Vixter took him on a tour of the Times Square Toys R Us (which he very patiently endured) and then we took in a street fair (where we could have purchased REAL sterling silver rings  for $7 and 100% cashmere scarves for $10 and original oil paintings for $15... but we somehow managed to resist all these bargains)
We had a lovely visit. On our way to the subway  afterwards the Vixter said, "You know Mama, you have the nicest friends!!"

Unfortunatly for me I went a block too short and an Avenue too long and overshot the subway entrance  and was instead sucked in by a Build a Bear store where I was sweet talked into a purchase..... at least I managed to avoid The American Girl Place for once!

When we finally did get to the subway who did we spy across the tracks but DR Michael Shayne who had managed to score a seat to Avenue Q at the TKTS booth and was on his way to meet up with DR Ben.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 06:45:32 AM »

Sunday we had church then Sunday School then a birthday party for our friends' 2 year old son and then race home to get the Vixter to her Youth Group.

I am just glad the weekend is over so that I come to   work to get some rest!

vixmom

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 06:45:53 AM »

and now to catch up!!

FJL

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 06:55:18 AM »

The first excursion I remember as a child was to my uncle and aunt's (on my mother's side) house in Washington DC.  It was a nice enough trip but oddly my most vivid memories of that trip revolve around junk food.   That was the only place we knew of that had a McDonald's at the time, and the Big Mac came wrapped tightly in cellophane so that the special sauce saturated the entire sandwich - a taste treat that I always associate with Washington DC, and the Big Mac has never tasted as good as it did in Washington.  The other was that I was a real pain to everyone about being "kosher for Passover" during Passover - and my aunt bought a clearly non-Passover candy bar for herself and I asked if it said kosher for Passover; she looked at it and pointed to the letter R with a circle around it, and said "Right there, the R stands for Rabbi."  I had no answer to that, of course!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 07:09:57 AM »

The famous Rabbi candy bar - my gosh, I didn't even realize I was Kosher all those years eating candy at the drive-in!

Sha-boom!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 07:12:04 AM »

Today is Eleanor Powell day on TCM.  At 2:15 pm EST, HONOLULU with the most fantastic hula-tap number I have EVER seen...and ALL those spins!  She was great!

And like DR MATTH - I also think the terpsichory of Burns & Allen in DAMSEL IN DISTRESS is outstanding....they do a couple of numbers with Astaire that are scathingly brilliant!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 07:12:32 AM »

Marvel Ann herself would agree - as would Kim Novak and Fleur de Lis.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 07:12:36 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  It's quite early.

MBarnum

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 07:20:08 AM »

First out of town visit...hmmmm...probably to Portland where my mom's relatives all lived. More then likely we went up there for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

MBarnum

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 07:20:45 AM »

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen BK up this early.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 07:39:18 AM »

Succulent is a good word for this week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 07:39:30 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the Oaks of Sherman to breakfast, and then on to pick up the seller's permit.

Jason

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 07:49:35 AM »

Mornin'... I don't want to be at work today. Oh, well...at least it's a VERY short week (2 1/2 days)!!

My family has always travelled. My paternal grandparents had a log cabin in the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, so we'd go there in the fall/winter for weekends. I remember seeing pictures of me having my bath in the kitchen sink. The only thing I really remember about that cabin was lying in bed up in the loft and looking outside - it was snowing pretty hard. That's all I remember.

When I was 5 we moved to England. I guess that was the first time I really travelled.

I haven't been on a proper vacation since my sophomore year of high school, when I went to Mexico with a school group. I absolutely loved it. It was my first trip without my parents and I thought I was so grown up. Of course, if my Spanish teacher hadn't been there, I'd probably be a white slave somewhere in Cuernavaca right now, but we had a great time. I was there for 10 days and didn't want to leave...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 07:50:57 AM by Jason »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 07:57:44 AM »

Yes DR RLP - I am anticipating scans of the White Christmas souvenir book, AND a full report on "The Best Things Happen When You're Dancing" and "Choreography".

Will you hold your breath til you turn blue?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 07:58:28 AM »

Good morning!

We have a rainy, overcast, not too cold day here with promises of more of the same tomorrow, so a good day to stay inside.

Of course, I am going outside to lunch with friends this afternoon and have some shopping to do at Walgreen's.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 08:00:08 AM »

I'm sure my first vacation of any memory was at Myrtle Beach, SC. In fact, I have a couple of pictures taken at the time. I must be about four or five, and if I remember later today, I'll search them out and scan them to the site.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 08:03:01 AM »

Tonight is the big MEDIUM 3-D event! I will watch and record the show at the same time so if the 3-D is really cool, I can go back and experience it again.

I'll also be recording CSI: MIAMI at the same time. Since one of the stars of the show took a nail right above his right eye last week, I'll be interested to see if he's bandaged, etc. or if he'll just look normal for the sake of syndicated reruns of the show which might play out of order. Folks might not understand why his right eye is covered.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 08:05:02 AM »

SPOILER POTENTIAL

SPOILER POTENTIAL

Re:  "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy"

Both shows last night were absolutely topnotch!  The neighbor lady with the stun gun was hysterical...and I thought Gabrielle's last scenes were extremely moving.

"Grey's Anatomy" was typically wonderful.  What a treat to see Brian Kerwin on TV again, and in such a pivotal role.  Kerwin is one of those people who will look terrific no matter how old they get, apparently.

As for George, it's really interesting that I was seeing his relationship with his father and brothers through "his" eyes until his father explained to him that they were desperately trying to find something they had in common with him.  There is an argument to be made that "they" should not insist he pretend to enjoy something they do and that they should, instead, pretend to enjoy something he does.  But, they don't seem that imaginative and George is, whether he realizes it or not, someone they're extremely proud of.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 08:07:59 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 08:05:55 AM »

I just caught up

First of All

~~~PAIN FREE & QUICK HEALING VIBES ~~~~[/color]
to DR Danise

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up