Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GOBBLE GOBBLE  (Read 19896 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:GOBBLE GOBBLE
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2005, 09:17:37 AM »

Well, it's official - Nick and Jessica are calling it quits! Happy Thanksgiving!

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2005, 09:19:21 AM »

Memorable Thanksgiving -  There was the year that the Orthodox Jewish relatives were invited for Thanksgiving, but they just said they might stop by.  The reason seemed to be that they feared that the home wasn't kosher enough for them, but they did stop by and it was a lovely time, although they quite noticeably didn't eat anything.   An important Thanksgiving for our family because it started a certain level of closeness within segments of the family that had been a little distanced for no logical reason, and from then on, when these Orthodox relatives were to visit, food has been catered in from outside with all the claer markings of everything being kosher left in plain sight.  

FJL

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2005, 09:22:13 AM »

And Larry, just to clarify, there will be no Orthodox Jewish relatives at today's meal.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2005, 09:24:22 AM »

OH!  Another "Rent" comment/observation coming up...

There were a couple of "exterior" scenes where one or two of the extras would get featured - inadvertently, I would hope.  I wonder if they were the ones who were set up to keep the public away.  The woman in the background of "I'll Cover You" was particularly "prominent".

???
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2005, 09:26:16 AM »

My brother, sister-in-law and nephew are flying down to my parents in Florida today.  I'll be joining them tomorrow through Monday.  It's a surprise for my parents, so none of us are telling them we're coming.

Unless of course, my parents read HHW, but that would be difficult since they don't have a computer.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2005, 09:27:24 AM »

Hmmm... Just checking out the ads for tomorrow's sales...  I think I may brave the crowds tomorrow for the first time in years. Or not.  *But I may stop by the Apple Store for their annual post-Thanksgiving sale.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2005, 09:28:24 AM »

The hotel we're staying at claims to have free internet in the business center.  Never had that at a hotel before.  I imagine you're limited as to how much time you can spend on it, though.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2005, 09:29:01 AM »

No DRLAURA - my leaves were still yellow/green when they finally blew off the limbs.  Of course by the time they were piled up they were a lovely brown.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2005, 09:31:08 AM »

DR ELMORE - I just got an email from Cho Wang who is with the Wuxi Wanli Chemical Company.  They are looking for a payment representative in the United States.  I just have to send them my bank account numbers and they will give me 10% of all the money that is paid using it!

Wow.  They had over $20 million dollars in sales in the last quarter!  I am going to be RICH!  

td

• td
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2005, 09:32:35 AM »

This is what the author of THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ had to say about Thanksgiving:
It's a petty custom, this Thanksgiving, and the hollowest and most insincere of all mockeries which useag has accustomed us to.  The way we do it is to prepare a better dinner than we can afford, and overload our somachs to an alarming degree.  One man out of a hundred and one woman out of fifty goes to church and hears the minister tell how much they have to be thankful for, and a few sound their own hearts and decide that the blessings which they have attained are very meagre, and are owing fully as much to their own unaided exertions as to the grace of God.

That said, and I only had found that comment about a month ago, my favorite Thanksgiving was last year in NYC, with warm temperatures, Alex Paige, Larry Moore, WICKED and PACIFIC OVERTURES. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2005, 09:34:30 AM »

Now if only Asslee Simpson would call it quits, too!  That would truly be a reason for Thanksgiving!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2005, 09:44:22 AM »

OOHH!!  Just realized that's there's finally an Apple Store at Pentagon City Mall now!  And they'll be open at 8:00 tomorrow morning.  And they're only three stops away on the Metro from Arena Stage... Hmm...  The wheels are turning...
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2005, 09:46:33 AM »

I didn't really see anything in our local ads that make me want to brave the crowds.  I did see some good prices on some memory cards.  

If I get the new digital camera, I'll need to get the SD style of card instead of the Flash Cards.  It still floors me that people say that the Flash Cards are so "big".

Well, I'm signing off for a bit.  

Vix Mom, I don't think I have your address.  If you want a disk, please email or PM it to me so I can send you one.

Laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2005, 10:03:57 AM »

What's new at The Apple Store that would be fun to get on sale?  The thin iPod? Upgrading to Panther or Tiger or whatever the new OS is?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2005, 10:14:49 AM »

Now if only Asslee Simpson would call it quits, too!  That would truly be a reason for Thanksgiving!

I'll drink to that!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2005, 10:31:36 AM »

Here is something for BK to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving day!

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2005, 10:40:07 AM »

That actually made me very sad reading about Nick and Jessica splitting up. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2005, 10:40:40 AM »

And it's snowing, which also makes me sad! :(

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2005, 10:42:54 AM »

Watching the last part of the Macy's Parade - switching back and forth between NBC and CBS.  Too bad that it seems that most of the Broadway sections were in the first hour...

AARRGGHH!!  I set one of my VCRs to tape the wrong day!!  Did anyone tape the first hour of the NBC broadcast??  I programmed the CBS broadcast properly, but not the NBC...where all of the good show performances are.  Can anyone help??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

Here is the Alias story:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17840,00.html?fdnews

But at the bottom it also mentions that Threshold was cancelled too:

In other departure news, E! Online television columnist Kristin Veitch reported Wednesday that CBS has pulled the plug on freshman sci-fi series Threshold. The show ran a distant third in its time slot on Tuesday night.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 10:45:48 AM by Jennifer »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2005, 10:45:35 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you celebrating.

Tomovoz, beautiful.  Thank you.

George

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2005, 10:51:43 AM »

YIKES!!!!

Accident at the Macy's Parade.... The m&m's balloon hit a lamp post... and one of the lamps fell off... and hit someone... They just showed the ambulance driving away (on CBS at least).

I wonder if they'll edit it out of the West Coast broadcast.  I did see on CBS that the Barney balloon had a big rip in its left leg which cause a huge hole in the balloon!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2005, 10:54:10 AM »

Well, it's official - Nick and Jessica are calling it quits! Happy Thanksgiving!

::)

It's about time! :P

George

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2005, 11:00:07 AM »

I didn't really see anything in our local ads that make me want to brave the crowds.  I did see some good prices on some memory cards.  

I'll probably go out tomorrow, if only to get out of the house.  It's a four-day weekend and the thought of staying home and doing nothing is not so appealing, at all.  I think I'll brave the crowds and go to a movie.  I want to see Harry Potter more than anything else, right now.  We'll see.

George

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2005, 11:10:50 AM »

AARRGGHH!!  I set one of my VCRs to tape the wrong day!!  Did anyone tape the first hour of the NBC broadcast??  I programmed the CBS broadcast properly, but not the NBC...where all of the good show performances are.  Can anyone help??

DOUBLE AARRGGHH!!  I got that backwards.  The correctly set VCR just shut off (I taped on SP, the two-hour speed) and I realized that I programmed the NBC broadcast properly, but not the CBS.  Still, can anyone help??  It's not the end of the world if no one can, but I thought I'd ask. :)

George

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2005, 11:17:16 AM »

But at the bottom it also mentions that Threshold was cancelled too:

In other departure news, E! Online television columnist Kristin Veitch reported Wednesday that CBS has pulled the plug on freshman sci-fi series Threshold. The show ran a distant third in its time slot on Tuesday night.

Darn, I like this show. :-\

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2005, 11:21:19 AM »

TOD:

My favorite Thanksgiving memory was the time me and my aunt made fruitcakes and sent them off to Franklin Roosevelt and Hedy Lamarr, and then we went outside and flew kites.

Wait a minute--sorry--that was Truman Capote's favorite Thanksgiving memory.

Actually, it's Truman Capote's favorite Christmas memory.

And actually, I got to run to get to my sister's house, so to all and one and one and all:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2005, 11:38:58 AM »

CBS is now showing the accident with the balloon!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2005, 12:00:55 PM »

TOD:

My favorite Thanksgiving memory was the time me and my aunt made fruitcakes and sent them off to Franklin Roosevelt and Hedy Lamarr, and then we went outside and flew kites.

Wait a minute--sorry--that was Truman Capote's favorite Thanksgiving memory.

Actually, it's Truman Capote's favorite Christmas memory.

Perhaps we should form a club.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2005, 12:03:06 PM »

I watched the television STATE FAIR pilot last night.   I guess it was supposed to be like The Waltons.  Vera Miles and Tim O'Conner just didn't look like farm folks.  Mitch Vogel was kinda scary looking - and the other two kids were pretty bland, as was the grandson.

Linda Purl was cute as a bug and sang a good "Hey, Good Lookin'" - is she going to sing that in her show?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up