Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: AT ONE WITH ONE  (Read 22177 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:AT ONE WITH ONE
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2005, 09:09:45 PM »

We've had a nighttime rebound is what we've had.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2005, 09:10:04 PM »

We've had a page seven is what we've had.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2005, 09:10:59 PM »

"The Chosen" - Rod Steiger, Maximilian Schell (1981)

I believe Rob Morrow was in the musical version, and my friend Danny Marcus.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2005, 09:11:11 PM »

Someone, please tell me what "surprises" were in the original Flight of the Phoenix.  As to the new Flight of the Phoenix, I'm afraid I didn't last twenty minutes.  And that's what makes horse racing.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2005, 09:11:46 PM »

elmore's back with us.  That's a "surprise" right there, baby.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2005, 09:12:53 PM »

Just kidding about the "surprises" of course - it's just that every post I read about any TV show or movie these days says that there are "surprises".  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2005, 09:14:07 PM »

The question is, do I want to eat a couple of sweet gherkins.  Now, I ask you, where else on all the Internet can you read such a question as "do I want to eat a couple of sweet gherkins."  I defy anyone to find such a question on all the Internet.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2005, 09:14:23 PM »

I am my own frenzy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2005, 09:21:26 PM »

elmore's back with us.  That's a "surprise" right there, baby.

I've been around (feel free to jump in, DR TCB!) but I've been hosting company and working on(quelle surprise) more Mario Frangoulis charts!

I'm back from SPAMALOT, which has now replaced THE PRODUCERS as the funniest show on Broadway.  Dylan and I went backstage to see Todd Ellison after the show.  Hearing the orchestrations in the theatre, I will reiterate that Larry Hochman was robbed of a Tony:  his work is stylish, funny, clever, varied and much more brilliant than LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA.

One extra plus:  in the finale, when Sara Ramirez threw the wedding bouquet, which turned out to be real flowers, it landed in Dylan's lap.  It's now sitting in a glass of water on my table.  

And now, g'night!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2005, 09:25:04 PM »

I see at the WHITE CHRISTMAS website that Jeff Denman and Brian d'Arcy James are doing the show in Los Angeles.  Does M.Barnum know about this?

Gee,  perhaps if and when it plays in Portland Brian will be with it! That would  be quite nice.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 09:29:47 PM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2005, 09:25:08 PM »

And why does no one talk of the "surprises" in the notes every day.  I don't think anyone anywhere can predict where the notes are going - there is a surprise at every turn.  Much more surprising than Lost or Alias or Veronica Mars or Victoria Pluto.  You want "surprises" we got 'em in spades, baby.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2005, 09:28:59 PM »

And why does no one talk of the "surprises" in the notes every day.  I don't think anyone anywhere can predict where the notes are going - there is a surprise at every turn.  Much more surprising than Lost or Alias or Veronica Mars or Victoria Pluto.  You want "surprises" we got 'em in spades, baby.

That sweet gherkin line was so predictable.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2005, 09:34:50 PM »

Well, I just had two surprises. I just watched two episodes of the old TV series FRONTIER CIRCUS and they were quite enjoyable!

It wasn't really a surprise, but I did enjoy them never-the-less. The first episode had my dear friend Carolyn Kearney as a guest star along with Robert Sampson who I find to be quite a good actor.

The second episode had Glenda Farrell, little Roger Mobley, and an actor that it seems like I see a lot lately on old TV shows, Joby Baker...in fact he was in the movie HOOTENANY HOOT that played on TCm the other night.

MBarnum

« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2005, 09:37:08 PM »

Right now Hildy is rolling around on the bed! She is such a fun dog, I must admit! Even if she does clog up my sinuses  :D

It is almost worth it!

td

• td
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2005, 09:42:21 PM »

td, I gave the two missing convicts your address for you.  They should be arriving in the next few days.

Well, if it's them who's coming, they'd better be ready to cook and clean!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2005, 10:21:33 PM »

OOOOOOOH!  The Northwest Jailbreak is on the news here!  Run for cover, Dear Readers!  Anyone running east is welcome to stay here with me!

DR Macchus, I perused the Klugman book at Borders this evening, saw your picture!

Watched a bit of the TV pilot of STATE FAIR. . .I remember Tim O'Connor from PEYTON PLACE, but can't recall where I've seen Mitch Vogel. . .

Mitch Vogel was the boy in "The Reivers" if that's any help.

And he did some work on "Little House on the Prairie," playing an older student named Johnny Johnson on whom Laura develops a crush.  He was a recurring character on "Bonanza" in the early 70s.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: November 26, 2005, 10:22:56 PM »

Ron, is this production a pre-Broadway tryout?

Not that I know of.  It started last year with a limited run here.  It was so successful that talk began that it might be taken to Broadway.

I note now that it's in both LA and San Francisco this holiday season.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2005, 10:24:53 PM »

Right now Hildy is rolling around on the bed! She is such a fun dog, I must admit! Even if she does clog up my sinuses  :D

It is almost worth it!

They have shots for folks with true allergies to dogs.

I say "true" because I had a series of allergy tests and discovered I have no "true" allergies to anything...just sensitivities (which are worse 'cause they cannot be treated with shots/meds).

So...if you were to be tested and had a positive reaction to animal fur/dander, you could get shots that would allow you to have animals without ill side effects.

Or so I've been told...

MBarnum

« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2005, 10:30:21 PM »

Did a little late night shopping on-line and will soon be getting BRIAN D'ARCY JAMES' Christmas CD, and a nifty CD by singer/actor John Gabriel who I just saw tonight in HELL'S BLOODY DEVILS....he sort of looked a LOT like John Gavin. Nice voice. Nice face.

MBarnum

« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2005, 10:31:01 PM »

I cannot watch the Mitch Vogel episodes of BONANZA...his face is just so hard to look at.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »

I just did a little on-line shopping, myself!  I bought "Yentl" from amazon.co.uk.  I have no idea when/if it'll be released domestically, but I just decided that I wanted it.  So there! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2005, 11:00:41 PM »

I have finished the lunacy that was/is Godzilla: The Final Wars.

MBarnum

« Reply #202 on: November 26, 2005, 11:09:32 PM »

I hope you will post your thoughts on GODZILL/FINAL WARS in detail BK!  I want to know what to expect when I see it!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2005, 12:14:18 AM »

No new day yet??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2005, 12:14:59 AM »

New notes are up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up