News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BANG  (Read 21787 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BANG
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2005, 09:41:24 AM »

Yes, excellent vibes and xylophones to vixdad!

I have seen no announcement from Paramount about The Five Pennies anywhere.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2005, 09:46:37 AM »

FELICITY, AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE releases on DVD December 6...so if you can't tape it you can rent it or buy it next week!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ARXFA0/002-1951582-6517662?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2005, 09:47:06 AM »

Vibes of all kinds to the dad of Vix!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2005, 09:52:48 AM »

Separated at Birth Department:

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2005, 09:54:43 AM »

And KING KONG ESCAPES releases today! Woohoo!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2005, 09:58:29 AM »

Doesn't anyone else find it odd when they air a show and the DVD comes out a week later?

It's happening with Once Upon A Mattress, too - but it only happens on RARE, RARE occasions.  It completely precludes the show involved from having any sort of rerun life, so it makes you wonder what the network is thinking or if they simply feel that they'll get some Christmas bucks.  But, if it's some huge movie that they are throwing a lot of money and promotion at, then the DVD tends to come out in a regular time frame - three to six months later, so that they get their reruns out of the show.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2005, 10:06:55 AM »

Who knows WHAT they're thinking?

I found THE FIVE PENNIES in my monthly Critics Choice Video catalog that I received today, and it is listed for preorder on Amazon!  Also available for less than ten bucks at DDD.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2005, 10:12:10 AM »

PENNIES is #3281 in DVD sales and MATTRESS isn't much higher at #3142.  Presales aren't exactly booming!

Jason

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2005, 10:13:23 AM »

I had a time getting onto the site today, too. Oh, well...I'm here, so that's what counts.

~~~~~BEST VIBES TO DH VIXDAD AND, OF COURSE, TO DR VIXMOM AND DD THE VIXTER~~~~~~

~~~~~BEST REHEARSAL VIBES TO DR JOSE~~~~~~

BK: Congrats on the teaching gig!

TOD:

Any role in any show? Hmmm....

Phantom in PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, just cause he's fun to sing. Schmaltzy, yes, but a heck of a lot of fun.

Wm. Barfee in SPELLING BEE.

Thenardier in LES MISERABLES.

Candide in...well...take a guess.

Amos in CHICAGO

Caroline in CAROLINE, OR CHANGE

Eva in EVITA

and Effie in DREAMGIRLS.

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2005, 10:20:37 AM »

Weebles WBBL but they won't fall down.

Does anyone remember "The Wibbler"?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 10:28:53 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2005, 10:27:41 AM »

I thought WBBL was the acronym for Warner Bros. Back Lot.   But that was before there was internet and internet lingo.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2005, 10:29:35 AM »

DR Jason has reminded me of another role I would like:  Voltaire/Pangloss/etc in CANDIDE.

I read in the paper last night about a high school in Cherry Hill NJ that is putting on ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST. They are doing it with two different casts:  on is the show as it is traditionally played, and the other in which the characters' genders are switched.  Dale Wasserman actually gave the school's drama teacher permission to do such a production and was open to help out with any questions the teacher and his cast had.  This was a nice change of pace from the story of the high school that was doing GREASE that was closed down by Samuel French just because the show was cast with all girls (who played the male roles as males.)  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 12:43:11 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2005, 10:31:16 AM »

Does anyone remember "The Wibbler"?

No, but it's bright orange color and flashy packaging makes me want one!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2005, 10:36:40 AM »

I don't know from The Wibbler either, but if it was seen on TV, I want one, too.  What the heck is it?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2005, 10:38:58 AM »

I just realized that my post on TOD never made it.  Fortunately, I happen to save it in wordpad.

TOD:

Without a doubt, my favorite musical role would be Sweeney Todd.  He gets some of the best numbers Sondheim has ever written and has a mad scene, to boot.  There are a number of things I would like to try in the part that I have yet to see any other performer do.

Other roles would be Max Bialystock, The Leading Player in PIPPIN, Pseudolus, Prof. Harold Hill, John Adams, Ben Stone, Oscar Jaffee, The Baker from INTO THE WOODS, Chuck Baxter, Phineus T. Barnum, Ozzie in ON THE TOWN, and Edna Turnblad.

As for plays, Kenneth Talley in FIFTH OF JULY, Randle P. McMurphy, Elwood P. Dowd, Salieri in AMADEUS, Big Daddy, Hickey in THE ICEMAN COMMETH, Oscar Madison or Felix Unger, and, of course, Hamlet.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2005, 10:49:57 AM »

Help!

In the new CC Video catalog, there is a NEW letter added to the description.  Some of the videos have an "a" after the screen ratio numbers:

The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit  [DVD: 2.35:1a/Surround/....]  Does this stand for "aspect ratio?"

JMK

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2005, 11:08:40 AM »

JR, you probably know this already, but CC and DDD are the same company--just different prices.   ;D

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2005, 11:22:27 AM »

JR, you probably know this already, but CC and DDD are the same company--just different prices.   ;D

No I didn't know that.  :P

Does Zach say, "What me worry?" when you get stressed?  8)

JMK

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2005, 11:28:52 AM »

The CC & DDD customer service operators used to get confused sometimes and answer with the "other" company's name from time to time.  :)  One of them finally confessed to me one day.  Notice that their shipping labels and invoices are absolutely identical with the exception of the company name and logo.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2005, 11:31:17 AM »

LOL.....next you'll be telling me Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are connected!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2005, 11:32:32 AM »

I don't know from The Wibbler either, but if it was seen on TV, I want one, too.  What the heck is it?

Here is a better picture of it...it's about 18 inches long...and you put your feet on those treaded sections and try to wibble walk around.  It was great fun...until your hamstrings started singing.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2005, 11:33:04 AM »

By the way, that photo of the wibbler I took off a current EBay listing, so if you want one, you'd better get cracking!

JMK

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2005, 11:36:47 AM »

Here is a better picture of it...it's about 18 inches long...

Another statement literally crying out for TCB.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2005, 11:39:13 AM »

~~~ VIBES TO VIXDAD ON HIS SURGERY & RECOVERY!!! ~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2005, 11:43:20 AM »

SPOILERS FROM LAST NIGHT'S MEDIUM.

MEDIUM spoiler - - - -

DR Jennifer, what that husband was was more than creepy. He was a CREEP! a MURDERER! and worst of all, he dishonored his wife's name when HE was the guilty party. He looked on it as his WIFE's fault that he was drunk because it was her birthday.

What kind of chauvanistic, lop-sided thinking is that? HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED. I found the ending VERY satisfying.

Yes he was a creep.  I don't know if I would call him a murderer since it was an accident when he ran over the girl. And he did not shoot his wife (although he did not call 911 either).  I don't know if he thought it was his wife's fault that he was drunk that night.  But he definitely wanted to shut her up about what she knew.

Allison looked quite unhappy when she realized what the wife did.  I would be curious to know if others were satisfied with the ending. Perhaps it depends on whether you think people should go to jail for their crimes vs the death penalty.  But I really thought that it made the wife seem like a vindictive witch.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 11:57:32 AM by Jennifer »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2005, 11:44:24 AM »

Looks like  the best way to fall on your face until skateboards came along!

I never saw these before!   ;D

Thanks DR RLP.  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 11:45:10 AM by JRand55 »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2005, 11:44:28 AM »

Tonight looks like one of those rare nights for me when there is too much to choose from, TV-wise.  Of course, there is TAR (which has some kind of "surprise ending" tonight.)  I will be Tivo-ing DR Panni's FELICITY:  AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE.  But there is also MIN AND BILL on TCM which I haven't seen in years, a doc on holistic healing and Rick Steves' Christmas in Europe on PBS and Barbara Walters' Ten Most Fascinating People.  I might have to rewire the VCR so I can record on that, as well.  

Jeeze, when it rains, it pours!

For me, the only thing that I usually watch on Tuesdays is "Commander and Chief."  I do want to watch the Barbara Walters special, though.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2005, 11:50:29 AM »

Barbara's "interviews" are so scripted and heavily edited that they are more irritating to me than anything else.  And her subjects are so obviously geared for ratings that the idea that SHE would choose 10 of the most Interesting People of the year is ludicrous.

Television journalists are a strange bunch who care more about what their fellow journalists think of them than what they are showing the public.  I think they might be more than a bit distressed that a LOT of us think their "reporting" and "exclusives" and "stories" are mostly jokes, as are they.

Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite, John Daly, Nancy Dickerson & Pauline Frederick....these were reporters and news people.   There were others, of course.  But this new crop of made-up and coiffed news readers are NOT journalists.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2005, 11:51:07 AM »

Oh, I guess that should have been labeled as a rant.

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2005, 11:55:20 AM »

Thoughts from OZ for VixDad.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up