Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHOW MUST GO ON AND ON AND ON  (Read 20211 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE SHOW MUST GO ON AND ON AND ON
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2005, 08:13:28 PM »

Yes, I will admit that there were definite vibrations in my den during much of WAR OF THE WORLDS. Looking forward to watching it again soon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2005, 08:16:38 PM »

Page 5 Lucy Moment!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2005, 08:18:57 PM »

Since COLD CASE was a rerun tonight that I had seen, I put in THE BIRDS and watched it again. Hadn't seen it since first getting it on DVD, and though I know the movie has been remastered in the latest Hitchcock boxed set, I am perfectly content with the way the version I have looks.

Still a very effective thriller and nothing else really like it.

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2005, 08:25:55 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES

spoiler

was marking time a bit tonight. The Applewhite story was definitely nothing much. Susan's story with her long-lost father isn't at all interesting to me. The day care story didn't end up amounting to much. Gabby versus the nun was kind of petty and not very satisfying (and much ado about nothing. Carlos will see through her machinations in time especially if she has some kind of ulterior personal motive).

Only Bree and Andrew's relationship held my attention, and while the bedroom scene between Andrew and Justin did definitely hold my attention, I still don't see what longterm glee he's going to get from turning in his mother. Seems to me the "victory" he might achieve will be pretty hollow and short-lived.

And has Bree's daughter vanished completely?

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2005, 08:27:52 PM »

CROSSING JORDAN

spoiler

threw a bit of a wrench in the Jordan/Pollak relationship while seemingly setting up something new for Woody. Ah, frustration can be so, well, frustrating!

FJL

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2005, 08:35:56 PM »

To those who saw Chita Rivera's show -  Does she even mention Gower Champion?  I've seen the show twice, and I can't recall Champion's name even coming up.

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »

A topic:
What is your favorite made-for-tv cheesy Holiday live-action movie?

I recall a good one with Tim Matheson and Melissa Gilbert a few years ago. They started out hating each other, but he Christmas spirit prevailed.

The one I always watched as a kid was THE LITTLEST ANGEL starring Johnny Whitaker. I don't know off hand if it was indeed a made for tv movie, or just a Christmas special. But it was live action and, I am very sure, quite cheezy!

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2005, 08:51:38 PM »

DR George, I am so glad that you got to see Jessica Skerritt! She is one heck of a performer and I do wish she would go to L.A. and become a star! She has the talent and the the looks...although she might be too nice for Tinseltown.

I did put her in touch with BK and I know that they spoke and/or e-mailed, but I don't think anything came of it so far.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2005, 08:55:03 PM »

I haven't started my raft of Christmas-themed movies yet, but I suspect I'll start some of them this week. Never seem to get around to all of them, but always find time for the Finney/SCROOGE, WHITE CHRISTMAS, and A CHRISTMAS STORY.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2005, 08:55:35 PM »

Heading off to bed now.

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening!

Good night!

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2005, 08:56:31 PM »

I just finished one crazy film! The JRand55 recommended AVENTURERA (1950) a Mexican musical/melodrama right up there with the likes of MILDREN PIERCE or any Ross Hunter soaper!

Jack, thank you so much for suggesting this feature film...it has been a long time since I saw a movie that was such campy, outlandish fun! LOL!

And all that Samba music! Wow...I must now look for CDs of Pedro Vargas and Los Angeles del Infierno!!

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2005, 09:00:29 PM »

Haven't watched any holiday themed movies yet...but I did pick up a $1.99  DVD at K-Mart...they had a bunch of Christmas budget DVDs...called HOLIDAY AFFAIR. It is an episode of LUX VIDEO THEATER that was broadcast live on Dec. 22 ,1955 and stars Phyllis Thaxter and Scott Brady.

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2005, 09:10:26 PM »

Yes...yes it was.

Are you using sweet potatoes or yams?

Sweet Potatoes. It was quite yummy

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2005, 09:14:32 PM »

Well, I'm off to bed. I started doing those *(%#@& puzzles again and didn't get anything done.  I did watch WARM SPRINGS and really enjoyed it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2005, 10:42:30 PM »

Yes, say hello to Jessica Skerritt for me.

Back from a rather formless rehearsal.  They got to my number around ten-fifteen (7:00 start), which may tell you something - and there were quite a few numbers to go (which should tell you something).  The piano player was freaking out with me because no one had given him a clew as to what I was doing with the song, A Parade In Town.  For some reason, he thought it was a ballad.  He asked if we could just work on it tomorrow, but I thought that was folly, so I completely put him at his ease by simply playing the "feel" I wanted - he got it immediately and we were done five minutes later.  More in the notes.  I'm eating my first and only meal of the day right now - McDonald's.

Jason

« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2005, 11:10:51 PM »

I don't remember Chita mentioning Mr. Champion.

I just read an article on Playbill.com about an onstage surprise wedding after a performance of THE DROWSY CHAPERONE. Turns out, I know the bride! Go figure...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2005, 12:18:09 AM »

Sutton Foster got married?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2005, 12:19:42 AM »

What a rather errant and truant day of postings we've had, barely eking out our low.  Too many bloody errant and truant people on the weekends - they'll all be back with the usual I was too busy, or I did this, or I did that, and we shall laugh and laugh and just when we think we can laugh no more we shall laugh again.

So it is written, so it shall be done.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up