Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S MY SEGUE?  (Read 20229 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:WHAT'S MY SEGUE?
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2005, 07:31:55 PM »

OOOOOPH!  That should do it!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2005, 07:32:14 PM »

TOD:
Why, TPunk of course!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2005, 07:33:23 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GINNY!!!!!!!!!

My wish for you is 10 years of Michigan victories over the Buckeyes!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2005, 07:33:58 PM »

DR George, you never posted the image of your card like you said you would.
Harumph!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2005, 07:34:28 PM »

Page Five Dance of the Snowflakes:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2005, 07:34:55 PM »

Page 5, no problem!
Let's see if we can't get this towards 6 right quick.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2005, 07:36:31 PM »

Speaking of victories the Indianapolis Colts did polish off the Jaguars of Jacksonville this day to go 13-0. Something done only 2 or 3 times before in history.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2005, 07:43:19 PM »

The Eagles went down against the Giants tonight just as most Eagle fans thought they would.  But at least it wasn't nearly as embarrassing as it might have been.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jed

« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2005, 07:43:59 PM »

I'm looking forward to watching the Colts/Seahawks game on Christmas Eve.  Hopefully a Super Bowl preview!  (I expect my Seahawks could well lose both of those games, but I'd be thrilled just to see them get a shot at the second one!)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2005, 07:44:47 PM »

I am in a terrible trend of buying movies and not watching them. I'll watch something if it comes on on cable, but I am not popping DVDs in, and I even have some VHS movies that I've been sitting on for a long time now.

So what did I get yesterday? A DVD set called "Classic Troublemakers" that has four Lum & Abner movies on it, 5 East Side Kids movies and a bunch of Our Gang. I bought it mainly for the Lum & Abner. I think I've seen all these East Side Kids films, but I'll enjoy the OUR GANGs.

This can now sit beside my unopened 50 movie musicals set, and of course a small pile of movies MBarnum sent me.

I go in phases though, where, when I have the spare time, I am more likely to listen to records than watch movies, and vice versa.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2005, 07:46:52 PM »

Colts/Seahawks, indeed. The 'Hawks looked dominant today. Could definitely be a trap game for the Colts. I'd rather they lose in Seattle and lose their perfect season than lose the Super Bowl though.

Jed

« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2005, 07:47:04 PM »

TOD:
Why, TPunk of course!

Jed

« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2005, 07:48:35 PM »

Wait... that doesn't seem quite right... I mean... ummm... Ann, that's right, that's her name, Ann!

See what happens when you leave town for the day, Ann? :D

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2005, 07:49:21 PM »

PBS today was showing (as a pledge-drive deal of course), the best of the ANDY WILLIAMS Christmas shows.

With commentary by Donny Osmond, Andy Williams, and Andy Williams' son. I could have used less commentary and more uninterupted clips, but that just ain't the way its done anymore.

Jed

« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2005, 07:50:31 PM »

I, of course, would rather the Seahawks wait to ruin the Colts' perfect season until the Super Bowl, but I'd settle for just winning one lousy playoff game for once!  I've been picking Indy to make it to the big game for the past four seasons... looks like they're finally gonna make me right.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2005, 07:50:48 PM »

Wait... that doesn't seem quite right... I mean... ummm... Ann, that's right, that's her name, Ann!

See what happens when you leave town for the day, Ann? :D

:) You forgot to remember.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2005, 07:51:32 PM »

DR George, you never posted the image of your card like you said you would.
Harumph!

Actually, what I wrote was:
"...I'll send them out and after the holiday, I'll post what it is for the rest of you."

So, since I still have your address (your "new" work address), Rodzinski, I was planning on sending you one...unless you don't want me to send it there.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2005, 07:54:52 PM »

I am in a terrible trend of buying movies and not watching them. I'll watch something if it comes on on cable, but I am not popping DVDs in, and I even have some VHS movies that I've been sitting on for a long time now.

Welcome to the club, DR Rodz!

I had been getting in the habit of buying a new release each week of movies that I didn't get the chance to see in the theatre.  But for one reason or another they began to pile up unwatched.  I've been trying to resist lately and just buy classics or what I deem as "must-haves" (like THE INCREDIBLES.)  

What I really need to do is join Netflix.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2005, 07:58:14 PM »

I just ordered a number of CDs from www.CDBABY.COM. This place has the most eclectic selection of indie CDS you ever saw and THE best customer service on the planet! And it is Portland, Oregon based.

Rodzinski, I think you might like their selection.

They have all genres...lots of Broadway stuff even.

I am now intrigued with two Surf bands...SURF LORDS and THE TARANTULAS...both play really cool instrumental 60s-like surf music.

I may have to buy more!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2005, 07:58:43 PM »

Welcome to the club, DR Rodz!

I had been getting in the habit of buying a new release each week of movies that I didn't get the chance to see in the theatre.  But for one reason or another they began to pile up unwatched.  I've been trying to resist lately and just buy classics or what I deem as "must-haves" (like THE INCREDIBLES.)  

What I really need to do is join Netflix.

I joined Netflix last year and I've found so many movies that aren't available anywhere else and some that I've never even heard of!  I recommend it...and I don't work for them. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2005, 08:04:11 PM »

I am indeed pleased that in a few hours time I shall not need to post a plethora of self-indulgent posts to get us over the line and protect the sundried from being bitchslapped.

Thank you all and one.
Back in a few hours!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2005, 08:05:33 PM »

We stopped at a grocery, bought a Bill Knapp's Celebration Cake and 2 pints of Haagen-Dasz (vanilla and dulce de leche).

Did you get a picture of the cake and ice cream??????
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2005, 08:07:04 PM »

Well, back from a LONG and very BUSY day.  We had a great time with the live nativity, even though there had been NO publicity and only a few folks wandered over to see what was going on.

If I had a camera I could post a picture.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2005, 08:13:51 PM »

If you didn't like THE WEDDING BANQUET or SENSE AND SENSIBILITY, I can't imagine you'd like this one either.

And I loved both of those films very much. Also thought THE ICE STORM was a very interesting film.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2005, 08:18:38 PM »

At the time she kept saying she didn’t really sing.

Yes, I remember that she said that, too, but I suspect it was so folks wouldn't get their hopes up that she had regained her singing voice to THE SOUND OF MUSIC dimensions.

When she began the song in the film, it was just talking in cadence, a la Rex Harrison, but after a line or two of that, she did begin singing and she sang pretty much the rest of the number.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2005, 08:18:43 PM »

Dan (the Man)'s Do's and Don'ts for Future Christmas Recordings:

#1:  Do keep it upbeat, people!  No one wants to hear you sing "Frosty the Snowman" like you've just broke up with your boyfriend.

#2:  Don't include "Twas The Night Before Christmas".  It's not a song.  I'll read the book.

#3:  If your name is Roberta Flack, don't sing "The Twelve Days of Christmas".

#4:  It is more than likely that the new Christmas love song you wrote will NOT become a new classic.

#5:  Resist the urge to do a duet with Bing Crosby, Dean Martin or Rosemary Clooney.  They're dead.

#6:  Listen to Perry Como Sings Merry Christmas Songs for inspiration (even though he ignored #2.)

#7:  Scrap your plans for another A Charlie Brown Christmas tribute recording.  It's been done one time too many.

#8:  Be reverent and be whimsical.  The Roches do a good job at this on their We Three Kings recording.

#9:  "My Favorite Things" is a lovely song but it's not about Christmas.

#10:  Fourteen songs are plenty enough on a Christmas CD.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 08:20:07 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2005, 08:23:35 PM »

First I finished THE THIEF OF BAGHDAD. There were a couple of speckles on the print and a quick little scratch. I noticed a couple of places where it was obvious the three Technicolor strips were misregistering, but it only lasted very, very briefly each time, nothing like extended moments in THE PRIVATES LIVES OF ELIZABETH AND ESSEX.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »

Next, in an effort to get most of the DVR watched and cleared, I watched POLYESTER. Not one of John Waters' more inspired efforts, this social satire just wasn't very funny. The Odorama numbers which were superimposed on the film in the theater were not on the print that the IFC showed, so one had to guess the smells as Divine started sniffing around.

Tab Hunter did look good, but he was affecting some kind of weird hick accent that made him sound as amateurish as many of the rest of the cast.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2005, 08:38:39 PM »

And then CROSSING JORDAN tonight had a couple of fairly typical cases one of which I enjoyed and one of which I didn't.

The love lives of the major players are still being puttered around with. On most procedurals, if they do delve into the romantic lives of the players, you can usually count of love affairs not lasting more than four or five episodes. Looks like some of the romances are at the breaking point in this show.

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2005, 08:41:12 PM »

So, tomorrow, I hope to get a DVD or two watched. Most of the shows tomorrow night are in reruns. CBS is even bringing back a couple of BECKER reruns to spice up their line-up!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up