Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NICE MAN COMETH  (Read 17580 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE NICE MAN COMETH
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 09:09:26 AM »

Why are we still on page one?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 09:09:39 AM »

And one for Mahler.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2006, 09:09:39 AM »

Oh... And I guess I should have added that a major trigger for me to get into better shape was my father's bout with prostate cancer in 2004.  Thankfully, he's fully recovered from that now, but that was truly a scare.  And since his incident now "makes" me and my brother more likely to develop the same thing, well...

*And I also have to say that watching the finale of "The Biggest Loser" was also a trigger in a sense.  It was amazing seeing some of those transformations.  -And it was also "amazing" seeing how noticeably "sad" that one woman was who had not lost any more weight since leaving the ranch.  I don't want to be sad any longer.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »

And, yes, the whole move to New York City... Getting my first Broadway show... Etc., etc., etc... Has also been a big part of my motivation to get in shape.  And in many ways, it's all been one big "process" - each thing helping out everything else.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 09:11:58 AM »

Well, I have to be at the theatre in an hour, and I still have to get showered and lunched, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2006, 09:13:52 AM »

OH!

GO SKINS!

-Sorry, DR Danise.  ;)

*I really could care less about the football game today, but they're having a big watching party between shows - just lots of football fans in the cast.  And they're even having ribs and chicken being brought in for the festivities.  -Hopefully, everyone will still have a voice left after all that cheering for the evening show.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

OH!  And know it's too late for this right now, but before I forget again...

DR SWW - As for the mac 'n' cheese at the Hard Rock Cafe, it actually may be the Kraft stuff from a box.  My mom is in food service, and they do make those packets available for restaurant use.  They know how picky kids can get.  And, on a practical note, the "meal" can be prepared to order instead of sitting under a heat lamp or in a water bath to keep it warm for hours on end.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2006, 09:16:23 AM »

Where was I?  Oh, yes...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2006, 09:18:33 AM »

OH...

And BK - Have a good tech.  And, remember, it is a tech.  So, concentrate on the tech for a least one of the runs today.  "New things" are bound to throw actors off.  Let it happen.  And know that they'll happen.  Then correct it.  Adjust.  Breathe.

:)

*But I'm totally with you with actors who just don't "get it".  I just don't get that.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2006, 09:26:15 AM »

Hello.  Back from getting Vixdad's car serviced.  i di indeed get treated to a diner breakfast and then we wandered around Barnes & Noble until word cam ethat the car was ready.

A cup of tea and then off to the laundry room and thence to begin the post Christmas packing away....

Wwe are probably doing a family movie tonight.  We want to see King Kong and Narnia, but since Narnia seems to be doing better at the box office we may choose King Kong tonight and catch Narnia next weekend.....

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2006, 09:26:56 AM »

Michael S.. thanks for the Rabbi info.  I do not remember this show did it last long?

vixmom

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2006, 09:29:08 AM »

BTW did amnybody catch where  the Book of Daniel is suposed to be located?  It looks like Westchester County or Northwest Nassau County  to me... big houses lots of money and obviously close to NYC with the theatre references.....

vixmom

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2006, 09:32:33 AM »

^^TECH VIBES~~ to bk

vixmom

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2006, 09:32:53 AM »

Laters!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2006, 09:35:43 AM »

The goofiest diet I ever tried was a five day juice fast.  The intent wasn't necessarily to lose weight, but to clean out my system.  And, man--did it ever!  I had bought a juice extractor, and the juice fast involved not just fruits, but vegetables.  You would think that drinking an 8 ounce glass of juice from which all of the pulp is extracted wouldn't effect you much, but the concoctions I was making and drinking were like Liquid Drano.  I don't want to go into any details on what came out of me and the explosive manners in which it did.  Anyway, five day fast--I lasted three.  What makes me laugh is a workshop at the Omega Institute that is called the Seven Day Juice Fast.  Knowing how the plumbing works at Omega, that would be one week I'd rather not spend up there.

For me, the best diet is no diet at all--just keep things balanced and use common sense.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2006, 10:05:59 AM »

Thank goodness, the lighting for the show is very simple.  The only tech probs are one bit of business that is hopefully being fixed this morning.  

I shall now be on my way to the theater and shan't return until after eleven, so you simply must keep the home fries burning until my returning for which I know you'll be yearning to be learning how everything went.

FJL

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2006, 10:12:32 AM »

vixmom - There was also a short-lived series called KEEP THE FAITH, which starred Bert Convy as a young rabbi who butted heads with an older rabbi.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2006, 10:13:06 AM »

Hello.  Back from getting Vixdad's car serviced.  i di indeed get treated to a diner breakfast and then we wandered around Barnes & Noble until word cam ethat the car was ready.

LOL _ Guess what I did this morning....got my car serviced, had breakfast at the diner at the truck stop and then wandered Barnes and Nobel

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2006, 10:13:16 AM »

Saturday greetings from cold, but sunny, SW Ohio!  DH Richard and I are going to see the not-so-new-anymore Harry Potter movie later this afternoon.  Either before or after the movie, we'll go check on his mother, who was able to move back to her apartment yesterday after several days in the health care center.  She's a much happier camper now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2006, 10:26:56 AM »

Just came home from an earlier morning showing of The Producers. I rather liked it. There were moments that I laughed and others I didn't because I knew the joke was coming. But the people in front of me did laugh.

And yes it was rather stagey, but I don't think there was any other way to film it. There  were musical numbers performed to the camera, but how else would it be done. It's not really a show that can be opened up. It reminded me of how some of the MGM musicals from stage shows were produced. They were either filmed entirely in soundstages (Brigadoon) or mixture of location and soundstages. (On The Town)

The King of Broadway was sorely missed.  As I felt it told us who Max was. Was it cut because of the punchline "Who do you have to f**k to get a hit show"
Where Did We Go Right was also cut, but not missed. But from the closing credits it is obvious that Andrea Martin and Debra Monk's bits were cut and are basically cameos in Along Came Bialley.

I am sure some people will be glad to see Brent Barrett in a leather man outfit. He played Bryan the set designer.

Uma Thurman was no better or no worse than the original actress.
Will Ferrell was surprisingly good. Not a fan of his other films I have seen and he was quite good. Nice to Gary Beach and Roger Bart in the film.

Almost didn;t recognize John Barrowman with Blond Hair. He looked rather good as a blond. And it seemed he dyed all his hair blond.

There were two songs done over the end credits. There is Nothing Like a Show On Broadway sounds as if it was written for the show and dropped and but back it to give Mel Brooks a shot at an oscar nominations. The other one was The Hop Clop Goes On was rather amusing and sung by Ferrell in rather a good voice.

And stay through to the end of the credits. There is another musical number and a surprise cameo.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 10:27:25 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

Michael S.. thanks for the Rabbi info.  I do not remember this show did it last long?

5 90 minute episodes
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2006, 10:28:48 AM »

Re:  eat nothing white.  It's actually very good advice, at least in terms of processed foods like white rice, white bread (and bleached white flour), etc.  Most bodies have a very strong insulin reaction to the "white" foods, which turns pretty much directly into fat.  I am certainly overweight these days, after having been pretty buff for my 20s and even 30s (if I do say so myself  :)), but I've found that rather than "diet", changing my eating habits to only whole grains (which I pretty much have done anyway for decades), no dairy to speak of (only soy and the like), and getting lots of fiber through veggies and such, just makes me feel better.  I try to keep my carbs to under 100 a day, my fat to less than 30gms a day (usually a lot less than that), and my calories--well, I don't always count calories, LOL.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Michael

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2006, 10:32:02 AM »

vixmom - There was also a short-lived series called KEEP THE FAITH, which starred Bert Convy as a young rabbi who butted heads with an older rabbi.  

Now there is one I even missed!!

Looked it up. Good cast
Howard da Silva
Nancy Walker
Milton Seltzer
Henry Corden who went later to be the voice of Fred Flintstone and was born in Montreal!!
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2006, 12:28:05 PM »

Jennifer, darn we deleted IN JUSTICE thinking it was the pilot, that or we didn't record it to begin with.

Ann, I’m glad to see you still have a job.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2006, 01:34:16 PM »

3.  I've worked on three Evening at the Pops concerts:  Sarah Jessica Parker, Nathan Lane, and a holiday one in which Liz Callaway sang my chart for "A Place Called Hom

Elmore, was the holiday concert with the Boston Pops?  If so, I saw the concert on tv, a friend of mine sang in the concert as part of the Tanglewood Chorus.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 01:34:46 PM by TPunk »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2006, 01:43:22 PM »

..................................... I am certainly overweight these days, after having been pretty buff for my 20s and even 30s (if I do say so myself  :)), but I've found that rather than "diet", changing my eating habits to only whole grains (which I pretty much have done anyway for decades), no dairy to speak of (only soy and the like), and getting lots of fiber through veggies and such, just makes me feel better.  

Hmmm, I know what period of time to ask for next time BK hauls out the ol' time machine!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »

On the TOD, I feel like I have been on a diet my whole life. Which is ridiculous because I have never gone over 150, and yet it's always on my mind.  My freshman year in college was when I was the biggest, I gained about 30 pounds and used Jenny Craig to get back down to a more comfortable weight.  

Since moving to NYC after college, I have pretty much gained and lost the same 7-8 pounds over and over again.  I've used e-Diets and Weight Watchers to lose the weight but it's usually back in 9 months to a year.  Currently I'm about 2 pounds above the highest weight in my comfort zone if that makes sense.  I'm thinking about going back to watching points using the weight watchers scale but not actually going to meetings or paying them to weigh me or anything.  I also think that I've plateaued with my workout schedule.  I'm going to have to kick it up a notch. :)

I think my best diet strategy is just not to eat when I am bored.  And not to think about it all the freaking time.  Besides, Rodzinski doesn't seem to have a problem with what the few extra pounds have contributed to my curves.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2006, 02:15:46 PM »

Topic of the Day:  

A few years ago, my friend Margo (who weighed a lot more than I did) wanted to adopt a second child from China, so she looked into different weight loss programs (Weight Watchers, just exercising at the YMCA, gastric-bypass, etc.), but nothing appealed to her.  In the 80s, she had actually done the Optifast liquid diet and it worked...but then reality set in and she gained all the weight back.  Anyway, since she didn't want to have to buy two tickets for herself, she found this program that was offered here in Olympia that was like Optifast (all-liquid meal replacements) but wasn't as calorically restrictive.  When she did Optifast, it was no more than 580 calories a day!  What she found was called Take Charge and it was no less than 1000 calories a day!  You could drink all the meal-replacement shakes if you needed, didn't need medical monitoring because the idea was to stay above 1000 calories.  So, as she did this program, I could really see a difference and I thought, I could do that...so basically on a whim, I did.  

I went to their orientation and signed up.  It was a breeze!  I loved it.  I've always been a picky eater and knew that if I was to try any kind of weight-loss program (I had never tried anything before), it would have to address that in some way.  This took all of the decision making out of the process.  I lost 121 pounds over the next 10 months and even went to London during this time and took the shake packets with me!

One problem was that it was very expensive...averaging $500 a month.  I was able to handle it, but that was the beginning of my credit card issues.  The other problem was that the program was based in Seattle and the two people were driving down to Olympia every week, but as time went by and people dropped out (as they always did), there weren't enough people in the program long enough for them to justify paying two people to drive down to Olympia every week.  Damn them!  The abandoned us!  Anyway, reality set in.  I gained most (but not yet all) of the weight back. :P

But, almost four years later, my credit cards are almost paid off!  In just two more months, I will be completely debt free!!  Now, I can join some kind of weight loss program (which I intend to do) and actually afford it.  I don't think I'll be able to go back to the Take Charge program (they still offer it in Seattle...a three-hour round-trip drive), but I really want (and not just "need") to do something else.

And that's my only diet/weight-loss experience. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2006, 02:20:33 PM »

And actually, when we moved to the new style of board, the first picture that I posted was my last two driver's license pictures put together.  Now, I'm back to the "before picture" :-\ :

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2006, 02:23:27 PM »

Now, back to work (where I am posting from)...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up