Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: COGENT  (Read 19813 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
COGENT
« on: January 11, 2006, 12:14:05 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were both cogent and cogent and cogent, and now it is time for you to post until the cogent cows come home.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 12:19:34 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:COGENT
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 12:14:22 AM »

And the word of the day is: ALABASTER!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 12:16:42 AM »

Our first two "official" Deceit press photographs.  You saw them here first.

Photograph one

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 12:17:30 AM »

Photo two

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 12:21:18 AM »

Nice pictures!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 12:24:57 AM »

Here's an "Ask BK Day" question (I don't know/remember if it's been asked before):  Do you plan to make a video/DVD recording of this show like you recorded "What If?"
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 12:29:27 AM »

We may try to make an archival video recording - if the actors all agree, which I suspect they would.

George

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 12:45:41 AM »

Cool!

George

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 12:49:27 AM »

Well, I've asked one question and now I must go to sleep.  Goodnight, BK.  

~~~ And Vibes for the DECEIT Prop Fix and Continued Improvements!! ~~~

Michael

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 01:16:17 AM »

Thanks for Pictue one and three from Deceit. Was number two that bad? ;D
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 03:48:48 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have to leave the house today  and actually return to my usual schedule.  Mr Skip Kennon and I will begin to compare orchestra score to piano score for the new BABES IN TOYLAND edition, and that will be intellectually stimulating.  Then I need to hit midtown for an arts supply store; the moronic company Staples, which is a block from me, has stopped carrying my favorite drawing pencils and I have a chart to do for Miss Kelli O'Hara.  So, there's a trip to 57th Street and Lee's Art Supply.

I just got a used copy of COLETTE COLLAGE, so I'm listening to it as I type.  Curse that last dread record company!

More photos, please, BK!

Question for BK:  what opening night festivities are planned?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 05:21:55 AM »

Since I seem to be the only person here at 8:25am I will post another picture or two (or three).

This is a shot of the remains to the Coach House in the back of Dublin Castle. Again, it's not as old as the original castle but this does survive from an earlier time than the current existing facility.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 05:25:32 AM »

OMG--Tammy is HOT!!!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 05:25:32 AM »

Here are the bright holiday lights of Grafton Street, the main shopping street in Dublin. It has been closed to traffic but that doesn't help in working around the crush of people on a busy day. It looks nice but we didn't go to Grafton often, because we didn't go to Dublin to shop and because there were just too many people. Look closely and you will see a Burger King. Ugh. We did stop into Marks and Spencers (it's one of my favorite store in the Western European land mass of England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland) and bought Christmas treats but that's all.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 05:26:09 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 05:27:48 AM »

And finally, for today anyway.

Here is a picture of moi at the interval of the panto, Aladdin. We had strawberry swirl ice cream as we waited for the show to begin again.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 05:28:13 AM »

Hi, Woody and Dan!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 05:38:31 AM »

Hi, Ben!

Despite the modern looking store fronts, the first thing I thought of when I saw that street scene pic was SHE LOVES ME.  All that's missing is some snow.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 06:13:38 AM »

Alabaster,
Gentille alabaster.
Alabaster,
Je te plumerai.
Je te plumerai la tête.
Je te plumerai la tête.
Et la tête.
(Et la tête.)
Et la fourche.
(Et la fourche.)
Ooooh . . .
Alabaster,
Gentille alabaster.
Alabaster,
Je te plumerai.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 06:37:50 AM »

Good Morning!

Ah, sleep.

*And I actually kind of "liked" getting to bed before 1:00am - even if that may put me into the land of WUSSBURGERS.  My body woke itself up after eight hours, and I'm not having to rush to get to rehearsal in a few hours.

...Just a personal observation.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 06:39:34 AM »

Question for BK:

If any of the Benjamin Kritzer books were to be made into a stage musical - or even a movie musical - would you make them sort of a like a "jukebox musical" since the popular music of the day plays such an important part in the books, or would you like - and/or write - an original score/songs?  Or both?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 06:43:21 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 06:42:59 AM »

Hello, Ben!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 06:46:14 AM »

Oh... And another Question for BK... -Although, I probably could Google for this answer...

Does the Equity Waiver Theatre agreement have a limit on how long a show can be in previews?  I just seemed to notice that most of the waiver shows have very short preview periods - well, at least less than a week.

Would you have liked a few extra preview performances under the belt before the official opening of Deceit?  *You can answer this question later.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 06:47:28 AM »

Well, time for some stretching - I'm still feeling my quads after yesterday's run - and then some breakfast...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 06:50:02 AM »

To any and all chefs/cooks out there, you simply must try roasting your next turkey a la baster.  First you truss it up with twine, then while it is roasting you ladle liberal amounts of sauce over it, and finally, just before serving, you take the turkey and smash it with a baseball bat.  The texture of the meat is indescribable, that's all I can say.

Although some people have a problem with shards of broken bone.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 06:53:56 AM »

...I'm still feeling my quads after yesterday's run...
This sounds like something that should be done in private.

Possibly in front of a mirror.

With scented candles.

And a nice glass of merlot close by.

8)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 06:54:47 AM »

Shoot, gotta run!  I'm on the late side!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 07:16:10 AM »

I was kind of nicely surprised to see that my short story The Eleventh Commandment had made the "charts" at Gather yesterday.  I also wrote a long response to the James Frey situation and how it played for me, someone who has for decades trying to make people aware of a supposedly non-fiction work being largely fiction.  It's on Gather, too, you can search for James Frey and find it.  It's called A Million Little Ironies.

Two priceless "out of the mouths of babes" moments for you to start your day:

As other NW-ers will attest, it has been a hideously rainy winter here.  Gabe this morning attributed it to global warming, which of course set me off on a rant about the idiot Republicans and their refusal to "believe" in science.  I told Gabe and Zach that it was going to be up to their generation to solve these problems and to take the Republicans to task for their short-sightedness.  Zach, ever the entrepreneur, waited for a moment and then told me, "OK, but then I think you need to double our allowance."

Another priceless Zach moment from the other day:

Zach:  Dad, what's a French kiss?
Dad:  Well, it's when you put your tongue in the other person's mouth when you kiss.
(Slight moment while Zach mulls over this life-changing new piece of information).
Zach:  Well, it's a good thing we don't live in France!

(Sorry, Francois).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 07:35:22 AM »

Good morning!

Totally overcast here today and supposed to rain this afternoon, but still arm with a high predicted of 61.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 07:36:34 AM »

Enjoyed the DECEIT pictures. Hope to see more of them in the days and weeks ahead. How about more pictures of the set, too?

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2006, 07:37:34 AM »

Well, I have three hours of shows from last night to watch today: an hour of SCRUBS, THE CLOSER, and THE SHIELD. Should be able to fit them in this afternoon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up