Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DOWN TO THE WIRE  (Read 24198 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:DOWN TO THE WIRE
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 07:27:39 AM »

Well, since we're here, might as well...

PAGE TWO!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:28:02 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

Welcome new DR HJBJDJ (a.k.a. Michelle)!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2006, 07:30:54 AM »

And I spy me another new DR at the top of the page... DakotaCelt.  Come on in, the water is fine!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2006, 07:34:28 AM »

Well, the fog bank has begun to clear downtown, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2006, 07:39:50 AM »

Good morning!

Gorgeous day here with temps expected near 70. It's January 12, and it's going to be near 70. By Saturday, it's not supposed to get out of the 40s. That's the Carolinas for you!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2006, 07:40:17 AM »

Welcome, DR Michelle, to the wonderful world of HHW!

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2006, 07:40:41 AM »

DR Ben, that's a guide I wouldn't mind making a tour of! Wow!

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2006, 07:41:51 AM »

DR George, I will be recording WILL & GRACE today and would love to swap with you. I wasn't sure they were going to do it live twice again this time, but an article in USA TODAY confirms that they are.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2006, 07:43:29 AM »

Also looking forward to watching the new ABC comedy CRUMBS tonight. It's gotten mixed reviews, but as Fred Savage is playing a gay character (though closeted), I will watch just to see if this might have a chance of succeeding WILL & GRACE when it leaves the air at the end of this season.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2006, 07:43:39 AM »

Greetings!!

Another one of Matt's fans that drifted over from a fan message board called the Connotator.... HJBJDJ (Michelle) provided the link in an earlier post.

Furthering Michelle's comments about Matt as Haver, he was incredibly creepy. A great combination of charming and creepy at the same time. It was amazing to watch. In on scene where Haver was taunting one of his victims with a leotard was incredible. He was calm, almost nonchalant but his voice made your hair stand on end.

Kevin Spirtas is another fun actor to watch. I am also glad he recommended Matt.

I just wanted Bruce, Matt, Tammy and Greg to break a leg with the premiere tomorrow night!!!  Have fun and let it rip!

I have read through a number of the columns and post and they are an interesting read. As are some of the posts on this thread. I have enjoyed the pictures of Ireland as posted by Ben. I have a good freind who is originally from Ireland and I recognized many of the sites you had photographed.

Regards,

Sarah
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2006, 07:46:47 AM »

DR George, I will be recording WILL & GRACE today and would love to swap with you. I wasn't sure they were going to do it live twice again this time, but an article in USA TODAY confirms that they are.

The promos keep braying that it's hard enough for a series to do it once, but that "Will and Grace" is doing it a second time.

Yawn.  The first time was a dud of a show (like the bulk of this season).  Doing it live ain't special enough if it's not funny!

When "Two and A Half Men" outshines you, week after week, you're done!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:47:18 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2006, 07:48:36 AM »

Butt cracks -- are erotic only when seen in isolated occurrences...never when "shared" by an audience, unless the intent is hilarity.

Generally, men and women should keep the junk in their trunks concealed unless on a beach or by a pool.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2006, 07:49:29 AM »

What's all the hullabaloo over cereal killers?

What's scary about that?  I've masticated a whole lot of cereal in my day!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2006, 07:53:47 AM »

Good morning!

Gorgeous day here with temps expected near 70. It's January 12, and it's going to be near 70. By Saturday, it's not supposed to get out of the 40s. That's the Carolinas for you!

Lucky person to get the 70s....

I dont expect to see that in commons much before May... As long as we are on the northside of the donut I will be happy. Don't want to be on the southside of the donut. That would be way too cold...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2006, 08:00:09 AM »

Since I will be watching Dancing With The Stars I think I will also give Crumbs a chance.  I think many people watching ABC tonight might end up doing the same, so I think the show may have lucked out.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2006, 08:00:16 AM »

I think WILL & GRACE has had an up and down year. The SOUND OF MUSIC-themed show last week got funnier as I re-watched it. It was really quite wittily written, but to get most of the jokes, one would need to be a REAL fan of THE SOUND OF MUSIC.

I liked the live season premiere more than you did, DR Ron. No, it wasn't the best the show has ever done, but again, I felt some of the lines were funnier than audience response generated. (And I much preferred the West Coast version to the East Coast even though a couple of funny jokes got edited and were less funny.)

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2006, 08:01:15 AM »

Since I will be watching Dancing With The Stars I think I will also give Crumbs a chance.  I think many people watching ABC tonight might end up doing the same, so I think the show may have lucked out.

ABC intentionally extended DANCING WITH THE STARS to 90 minutes to give CRUMBS the best possible ratings lead-in.

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2006, 08:01:19 AM »

I've very much enjoyed the reviews of the play by all the Matt Ashford fans. Welcome!

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2006, 08:02:45 AM »

Welcome to our little piece of the sky, DR Sarah!

DR means Dear Reader for those newbies who don't know.

Jennifer

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2006, 08:05:41 AM »

I know a bunch of you were interested in who they were going to cast to play Aquaman on the WB show.  Looks like someone named Will Toale (from StreetCar named desire on broadway) got cast.

I am looking for a pic.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=televisionNews&storyID=2006-01-09T055158Z_01_ARM921079_RTRIDST_0_TELEVISION-AQUAMAN-DC.XML&archived=False
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 08:06:21 AM by Jennifer »

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2006, 08:05:54 AM »

Welcome to Matt Ashford fans, Sarah and Michele!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

ABC intentionally extended DANCING WITH THE STARS to 90 minutes to give CRUMBS the best possible ratings lead-in.

I really think this is the best way to premiere a new show.  You have to put it after something that many people are watching.  Look at what it did for Grey's Anatomy.

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2006, 08:08:13 AM »

This week Warners released on DVD a trio of black-themed films: CABIN IN THE SKY, HALLALUJAH, and THE GREEN PASTURES.

CABIN IN THE SKY many of us know about. I've never seen either of the others. Any recommendations? Maltin gives both HALLULAJAH and THE GREEN  PASTURES 3 1/2 stars.

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2006, 08:08:35 AM »

I think this is the new aquaman.

Here's a bunch more:
http://www.aquamantv.com/willgallery5.htm
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 08:10:16 AM by Jennifer »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2006, 08:09:56 AM »

Since I work at night, I do not get the chance to watch the telly that much. DWTS is fun and I have seen bits and pieces of that. There are some good dancers.

George, had mentioned earlier about libraries. I have some entertaining tales about them.  I have heard the most colorful and creative excuses for overdue books. One of the best ones is someone chatting on their phone, walking and not watching where they are going and they plow right into a closed door that is NOT locked....

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2006, 08:09:57 AM »

I know a bunch of you were interested in who they were going to cast to play Aquaman on the WB show.  Looks like someone named Will Toale (from StreetCar named desire on broadway) got cast.

I am looking for a pic.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=televisionNews&storyID=2006-01-09T055158Z_01_ARM921079_RTRIDST_0_TELEVISION-AQUAMAN-DC.XML&archived=False

I think I saw a picture of him at TV GUIDE or E! some days ago when this was first announced. I still don't know why they didn't just use Alan Ritchson who made such an impression in his first appearance as the character.

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2006, 08:11:39 AM »

I think I saw a picture of him at TV GUIDE or E! some days ago when this was first announced. I still don't know why they didn't just use Alan Ritchson who made such an impression in his first appearance as the character.

Is that the guy who was on Smallville earlier this year?

If so I'm happy they didn't use him.  He was okay.  But no real star quality to me.  There was something just a bit off for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2006, 08:12:24 AM »

Am I the only one here who thinks this sounds awesome?

Julia Murney and Jason Robert Brown to Star in One-Night-Only L.A. Reprise! Production of The Last 5 Years

http://www.theatermania.com/content/news.cfm/story/7450

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2006, 08:12:26 AM »

I think this is the new aquaman.

Here's a bunch more:
http://www.aquamantv.com/willgallery5.htm

Yep, that's the picture I saw except just the face.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2006, 08:14:29 AM »

Is that the guy who was on Smallville earlier this year?

If so I'm happy they didn't use him.  He was okay.  But no real star quality to me.  There was something just a bit off for me.

And I thought he had star quality to burn. I felt his charisma made Tom Welling look sluggish and doughy by comparison, and I'm not just talking about his physique.

A great actor? No way, but playing Aquaman I'm not sure would require one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up