Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PRIME RIB  (Read 15362 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE PRIME RIB
« on: January 16, 2006, 12:11:51 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were filled with tales of Prime Ribs and hot fudge sundaes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently looking for their prime rib, which is happily ensconced in my very own actual tummy.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 12:07:05 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE PRIME RIB
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 12:12:57 AM »

And the word of the day is: WADDLE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 12:14:27 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 12:21:13 AM »

Good Morning! (once again)

...As I was saying... ;)

Thanks for all the Safe Travel Vibes.

And Safe Travel Vibes for DR Ginny and her DH Richard.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 12:30:31 AM »

I'm going to answer the Topic o' the Day later.  I have a bit of a headache and there's a cat asleep in my arm.  It's not too easy to type with one hand.  I never got much practice. ;)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 12:30:51 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 12:33:20 AM »

Anyway, glad to hear that this afternoon's show went well.  

~~~ Vibes for Continued Success!! ~~~

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 12:37:27 AM »

As for the largest meal... That's an easy one...

Steve and I went to Disneyworld a couple of years ago.  I made reservations at Victoria & Albert's in the Grand Floridian Resort.  I had first hoped to get the Chef's Table Seating, but when I had made the reservation - months in advance as suggested - the Chef's Table (which is literally in the kitchen) was already booked.  Ah well...  Sitting out in the intimate dining room would be fine too.

The morning of our meal, I received a call from the restaurant asking if we'd still be interested in the Chef's Table since someone had cancelled.... YES!!!  So...

I forget the exact number of courses and exactly what we ate, but it was a LOT!  At least seven courses, plus I splurged on the wine pairings.  -A different bottle of wine came to the table with each course - including dessert.  And we were treated to a bottle of champagne to start off the meal too!  *They give you a customized menu, and I do have that in my keepsake box, so if I ever dig it out, I'll post our repast here.  There was a plate of amuses bouches to start off with... Then a soup... Then a salad... Then a meat course - I remember something with crisped sweetbreads (yum!)... Then a fish course... Various vegetables...

However, the one thing I do remember was that the chef was being very generous with us.  Since we were seated in the kitchen, we were allowed to remove our jackets, and we were also allowed to ask the chef's and his assistants about the food they were preparing, and walk around if we liked.  Well, being the son of parents in the food-service industry, as well as an avid cook myself, I had lots of questions.  And they had lots of answers for me.  Some of the "answers" came in the form of entrees that were developed just for us since I had asked about certain preparations and ingredients.  They would also give Steve and I different plates of food so that we could sample basically everything on the menu that night.  However, the piece de resistance was dessert... rather dessertsssss.  They gave us one of each the chocolate desserts they were preparing that night.  FOUR or them.  And then came the handmade chocolates with the final coffee service...  Whew!  *And the coffee was prepared in a vacuum pot - very cool!

It was our last night in the Magic Kingdom, and we had originally planned to go out for a bit after our dinner.  Well, we just ended up back in our room lying in bed, both of us with very full stomachs, and very "full" heads from all the wine... And that's all we did our final night in Disneyworld.

;)

But it was soooo worth it.  -And, actually, at that time, the Chef's Table seating with the wine pairings was running about $140/person.  Not exactly cheap, but after all the food we were served, and all the wine(!)... It ended up being quite the bargain.  -We even tried to buy a bottle of the champagne they served us once we got back to Richmond...  It was $120/bottle at our local Wine Superstore!  *And they even sent us back to our rooms with the remaining half-bottles of wine, as well as a box of the chocolate truffles.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 12:37:39 AM »

Goodnight, BK!

George

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 12:39:36 AM »

Goodnight, Jose!  Wow, what a meal! ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 12:39:53 AM »

BK - Good to hear that you had a good matinee, and a wonderful meal.

*Now I'm wondering if I should try to make it to Lawry's if I come out to LA in a few weeks.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 12:42:41 AM »

Goodnight, Jose!  Wow, what a meal! ;D

Goodnight to you too, George!

And, it truly was quite the meal!  I remember that Steve and I just started laughing at ourselves for being immobilized by all that food and wine...  And then we had to be careful not to laugh too hard since we were so full and more-than-tipsy that... Well... You get the picture...

:-X

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 12:49:49 AM »

And now I sleep.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 01:22:02 AM »

Got some photos from both opening nights.

Here's Tammy and me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 01:24:54 AM »

Tried to make these bigger, but can't.  Here's Miss Joanne Worley, Miss Karen Morrow, me, and Mr. Fred Willard

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 01:25:56 AM »

Here's me and Richard and Elizabeth Sherman.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 01:28:14 AM »

Here's my assistant Leslie, me, our producer Missy, and Mark McGrath.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 01:29:19 AM »

Here's me and our wonderful cast - Matt Ashford, Tammy, and Greg Albanese.  And a cake.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 02:30:26 AM »

When I was livng in Dallas in the mid-seventies, my father who used to come there on business, introduced me to great restaurant on Lovers Lane.  It was simply called The Rib.  It was a Texas b-b-q joint...but rather upscale.  They had obsequious waiters who were all dressed in red-jacketed livery.  The place was all you could eat for a set price.  I think at the time it was eleven dollars.  They would start with a plate of hot links and progress up to small platters piled high with chicken, ribs, and brisket which were set over a small flame to be kept warm.  The waiter would always ask: "Would you gentlemen like some more?"  And as long as you did, he'd keep bringing it.  I'm sure there were also delicious side-dishes though I have no recollection of them.  Outside of Dr. Hogly-Wogly's in LA, it was the best b-b-q I ever had.

When Larry Drake and I were in Dallas plying our trade in dinner theatre, this is the place we would go when we were flush...and eat and eat until we thought we could eat no more.  And then, of course, eat some more...because we were actors!  Ever eaten with one?  We'd eat to the point of pain, being sure to get our eleven dollars worth (I think it eventually went up to about $15 in the four years I was there).  We would then waddle out to the car, unbuckle our belts and pop the button on our jeans and flip a coin to see who had to expend the energy and concentration to drive home (there was no liquor involved; I'm sure they had it, but we were drinking Cokes)...we lived in the same apartment complex...and then we'd sit in front of TV for the rest of the evening, stomachs gurgling , belching,  and other gastric disturbances making their presence known.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 02:51:48 AM »

Thanks, it is now 6 am and I am VERY hungry!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 02:52:14 AM »

Great pictures, MR BK!

DR CP - what show did you do with Nancy Kulp?  Was she fun?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 02:53:49 AM »

I guess my most MEMORABLE meal would be a seafood extravaganza I had in a Restaurant in Baltimore.  The name struck me when I saw it on the menu....I will look around the net and see if I can find it.

I just remember black shellfish around the edges of the BIG plate and every kind of seafood I could think of sitting in the middle!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 03:02:27 AM »

Oh I remember, it was called Seafood Picasso because of all of the COLORS on the plate, but I don't remember the name of the restaurant.  It was in Baltimore and we went UPSTAIRS to eat....but that's about it.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 03:03:48 AM »

Great Opening Night pics!  I hope you tell Miss Cooke next time you see her that she has MANY fans in the hinterlands!  Love her appearances on The Lucy Show...especially the Volunteer Fire Department episodes!

"Grandma's cat is UP a tree!!"

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 03:50:39 AM »

Good morning, all!  No free day for me; I have to trek to Toyland for some more glances at Act Two. then a trip to Fed Ex, and after that, a bit of work here.  I have no idea what the hell's going on with this Kelli O'Hara chart, which is a bit disconcerting, but I do know it's in E-major.  Now, if I only knew the number of musicians for next Monday I'd be set.

TOD:  File and forget.  Sorry.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 03:52:15 AM »

As BK would say, "I'm up, I'm up!"  DH Richard and I are putting the final touches on our NYC preparations.

DR Jose - I'm glad you arrived safely - see you soon!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 03:58:21 AM »

TOD:

Started off with:
Hot sausage and mustard!

While we're in the mood:
Cold jelly and custard. Pease pudding and saveloys

Then a great big steak -- (Choice of)
Fried, roasted or stewed.

For desert:
Piled pieahes and cream , about Six feet high!

All that food, glorious food.
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 05:37:23 AM »

Waddle I do
When you are far away
And I am blue?
Waddle I do?

Waddle I do
When I am wondering who
Is kissing you?
Waddle I do?

Waddle I do with just a photograph
To tell my troubles to?

When I'm alone with only dreams of you
That won't come true
Waddle I do?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2006, 05:48:58 AM »

I really and truly believe that our company is the only one that is open today in the City of Bro' Love.  I would so much rather still be in my warm and comfy bed right now...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 07:07:52 AM »

DR Jane asked last night:
Jennifer I have an IN JUSTICE question.  The sister from the last show you say is new…..We thought she was a regular on the episode we watched two weeks ago.  So…?

Um, well I cannot really remember the woman from 2 weeks ago.  But I don't see how she could be the same woman.  The sister this week was definitely meeting all the people for the first time.  I believe there was another lawyer woman two weeks ago.

I don't know but after this week's show I don't know that I will watch it again.  Same with BOOK OF DANIEL.  They are both just okay, but don't hold my interest as much as I would like.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:08:44 AM by Jennifer »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 07:10:44 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up!  I'm up!  And I'm up in New York City!

:)

-And I have to say that the bed that Nick - the guy I'm subletting from - left here in the room is very comfortable.

(Sorry for the above syntax.)

*And as DR Jason and Ben and Ant could attest to, it would probably be very comfortable if Nick were in the bed too.

:P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:12:27 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up