Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PRIME RIB  (Read 16572 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE PRIME RIB
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2006, 08:47:55 AM »

Guess it's time for me to start prepping lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2006, 08:50:53 AM »

Page 3 Incredibles Dance!!!

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2006, 09:04:43 AM »

I think I'm still full from last night's repast.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2006, 09:04:58 AM »

And I am out of Diet Coke.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2006, 09:06:55 AM »

And I'm still full.

Yvonne de Carlo is Still Here

BK is Still Full.

Lawry's and Musso's
You eat a lot, it's no bull
And I'm full

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2006, 09:07:31 AM »

Holy moley on rye, but it in just a few short postings I shall achieve my new plateau.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2006, 09:14:45 AM »

Just me and TPunk.  Well, if it just has to be two of us, at least I'm here with a beautiful gal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2006, 09:15:11 AM »

A mere twenty postings until I achieve my new plateau.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2006, 09:18:49 AM »

I'm fully caught up on yesterday's and today's posts.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2006, 09:20:07 AM »

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my day.  I should really get myself to the gym, but maybe it's suspended today for the holiday like alternate side of the street parking.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2006, 09:20:21 AM »

Mayhaps we will see a movie.

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2006, 09:59:35 AM »

Did anybody else watch DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES last night? I thought it was a pretty good show.  Every storyline for once was interesting.

I like the new doctor that Susan is interested in.  I also thought Gabrielle's naked photos on the internet was fun.

Lynnette and her husband's story re: him being afraid to catch the chicken pox, and then not wanting to get a vasectomy was important.  But I felt sad at the end for their marriage.

But my favorite storyline once again has been Bree.  I thought last year was Teri Hatcher's year. But this year I prefer Bree. I liked her scenes with Alfre. I liked her scenes with the police detective and her impending arrest.

I'm curious to know which Desperate Housewife do you guys think will win the Golden Globe?  Like I said last year I was Teri Hatcher all the way. But this year I want Marcia Cross. Although I wonder if this is Felicity Huffman's year (with all her praise for her movie).

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2006, 10:01:44 AM »

I also have to figure out how I want to cook a pork roast I'm making.
Choice A) roast it in the oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hours at 350-375.  B) roast it for 1 hour at 375 and then 1 hour at 300. Or C)slice it first and then roast it with sweet potatoes and stuffing under it.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2006, 10:16:24 AM »

I'm curious to know which Desperate Housewife do you guys think will win the Golden Globe?  Like I said last year I was Teri Hatcher all the way. But this year I want Marcia Cross. Although I wonder if this is Felicity Huffman's year (with all her praise for her movie).

I would bet the farm on Huffman.  She's been everywhere the past month or so and is probably at the fore of the voters' minds.

I like her the most on DH.  Even though the story lines for Lynette tend to be less flashy than the others and are generally self-contained to each episode, Huffman does such a terrific job at fleshing out her character that she's become the most interesting one on the show.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2006, 11:30:16 AM »

Might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  You'd think it was an official holiday or something.

I shall now be on my way to work with Miss Linda Purl for a few hours, after which I shall return.

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2006, 11:33:49 AM »

I'm curious, is anybody else gonna watch tonight's GOLDEN GLOBES? I love them, since it has tv also!  I do wish I got to see the pre-shows. Not sure if I get any of them (certainly not anything on E or any of the speciality channels). I wanna see what everyone is wearing.

DR Jennifer, I'm going to watch them. I don't get E on my cable so I don't get a lot of the preshow, but I still enjoy what I can see on the network coverage

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2006, 11:36:16 AM »

Congrats on a great opening weekend, Bk

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2006, 11:39:14 AM »

Well, I got my moving estimate today, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, but since it's local it's by the hour, so I can save a lot if I move the boxes myself.   I have to laugh. I started planning one day off for the move itself. Then it was 3 days off to allow for weather. Now I'm marking out a whole week so I can get everything just the way I want it.  It's all I'll be thinking about that week, so I may as well just be doing only that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2006, 11:41:07 AM »

Well, now I'm REALLY hungry for prime rib and am trying to decide where I can get some tonight and still watch the Globes

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2006, 11:41:59 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I awoke to some tree-trimming noise, and I thought, "what idiot is getting their trees trimmed on a holiday.  Then I looked out my window and realized that I was the idiot.

So...you were having MLK Jr. lights and ornaments placed on your tree????

:D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 11:53:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2006, 11:52:41 AM »

Yesterday ws busy, busy, busy here at Casa Pulliam.

I decided I just HAD to reorient my bedroom so that the head of my bed was at the north end of my room.  I haven't had a decent night's sleep since I changed things around sometime last summer.

Truly, not a "decent" night's sleep.

That said, last night's sleep was fitful, at best.

I don't know why.  It got cold, and I fought with my covers quite a bit.  I also tried something new with my pillows and decided early this a.m. that it would not work.  I don't know why I experimented, but it's part of the package I was dealing with at the time.

In between phases of this evolution, I found time to consume a homemade BBQ sandwich which was very delish.  Later, I enjoyed the fruits of my crockpot's labors by indulging in the chicken-garlic stew that cooked all day and nearly drove me insane with its aroma.

I washed a few loads of clothes, too.

I had to move things out the room in order to rotate the bed.  I love this room when it's nearly emptied out.  I am loath to reintroduce several things back into it but must decide what I will do with them.

I have some green beans on the stove.  I don't know if any of you out there enjoy green beans...especially when they are canned.  But...I rinse canned green beans several times, and then put them in a pan with a little oil and beef bouillon.  I cook them covered on low/simmer -- stirring every now and again -- until such time as they look absolutely wonderful, smell absolutely wonderful and taste absolutely wonderful.  For me, that's about 45 minutes.

I watched M. Night Shyamalan's "Unbreakable" again this morning.  Wonderful film.

Part of my move yesterday/last night also involved my cumputer which had to be disconnnected and relocated.  Last last night, I got back online and visited this site and caught up.  I attempted to post, but discovered my keyboard wasn't functioning.  I futzed and puttered and cursed but could not make it work.

This morning, with a clearer mind, I immediately saw the problem and made the proper connection.

We had a gorgeous day in the Bay Area yesterday.  Late last night, though, it got very cold here.  It was F 34 degrees when I got up.  Currently, it's F 50.

I have a fire going in my fireplace, and I am very nearly almost hungry as lunch time is bearing down upon me.

Ciao-ders!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2006, 12:17:10 PM »

Well, BK will probably haul out the extra-duty bitch-slapping machine for me saying this, but I have been watching Li'l Abner for the first time over the past couple of nights and while Leslie Parrish is beyond gorgeous, she is quite possibly the most inept lip-syncher I have ever watched.  Sorry, BK.   :'(
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2006, 12:18:14 PM »

Of course you would think that as a red-blooded American male, the last thing I would be watching would be Leslie's lips (which are quite luscious), but when her mouth is constantly off the pre-record, I just can't help it.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 12:18:53 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2006, 12:39:40 PM »

Maybe the person recording FOR her didn't match her.....do you think they re-recorded AFTER photography?  Surely the directors wouldn't have let it be off....

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2006, 12:40:18 PM »

Or maybe she's French-synching.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2006, 12:41:48 PM »

Nearly 50 degrees here all day....but cooler weather predicted for tomorrow.

I am thinking that Molly and I need to get to the James Dean Gallery before it closes FOREVER on January 31....DR VIXMOM posted a link to it a few weeks ago.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2006, 12:46:16 PM »

A mere twenty postings until I achieve my new plateau.

Go BK go!!

Just peaking in from work quick!! Time to get back to the grindstone....

Great pics of the crew and the attendees....

Stupid question.... Was Fred Willard one of the guys who used to be on That's Incredible back in the 80s?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2006, 12:47:48 PM »

Been working on transferring my site to a new host and trying to figure out their FTP...whew!

Technology is wonderful....if you can understand the intructions.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2006, 12:48:44 PM »

Or the inStructions, even.

MR BK is closing in on 17,000!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2006, 12:52:06 PM »

I am jealous, you are all above freezing!! :)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up