Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PRIME RIB  (Read 17328 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE PRIME RIB
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2006, 12:54:54 PM »

It was 64 here yesterday and is in the low 30s with wind today. Whew! What a difference a day makes

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2006, 01:08:02 PM »

About Globe predictions, I'm guessing that Marcia Cross will win for Best Actress in a Comedy, and Felicity Huffman will win Best Actress in a Movie Drama for TRANSAMERICA.

I agree about Bree; hers has been the most consistently interesting storyline this year, and the part has provided her with wonderful opportunities for comedy and drama. If Cross doesn't win, it should be Huffman.

The doctor that Susan became enamored with last night is a cutie, and he's a good actor, too, so good that it's hard for me to forget the totally evil character (with a charming demeanor) he played last year on LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2006, 01:11:10 PM »

Whatever slump HOUSEWIVES was in earlier in the season, it seems to have found very firm footing now. Obviously Tom (Doug Savant) is beginning to have a mid-life crisis, and that's always interesting (at least I think so since I was the victim of my partner's mid-life crisis when he turned 45).  I'm going to follow his and Lynette's marriage story very closely now since he seems to be beginning a very troubled period.

Gaby and Carlos' story was the most predictable this week and while sort of fun, not up to the encounters with the nun.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2006, 01:12:37 PM »

I started the afternoon, however, with last night's LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT. Michael York was the guest star and played a very interesting role. I found this to be one of the best of this season's episodes, and, lo and behold, Goren's nemesis Nicole Wallace (whom I was just talking about here a few days ago) figured into the story as well.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2006, 01:14:23 PM »

Also watched a moving COLD CASE episode concerning the apparant suicide of a trouble teenager from 1994. As always with the show, there was far more buried beneath the surface that only just came to light now, and the show did its usual job of making me tear up by the end.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2006, 01:15:45 PM »

Watched another 45 minutes of THE GREEN PASTURES, too. In the credits it was dubbed "A Fable," and the sweet, simplistic Bible stories enacted by the all-black cast were very well done. The gospel music on the soundtrack was beautiful recorded and sung, too.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

Probably won't watch the Golden Globe Awards show....

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2006, 01:26:23 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ - I think a WEEK off to move is a great idea!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2006, 01:37:58 PM »

RE: desperate housewives

Gaby and Carlos' story was the most predictable this week and while sort of fun, not up to the encounters with the nun.

I suppose the outcome of their story was predictable. But i found it so funny when she stripped for the gardeners. She knows exactly how to play her hubby!

I think you said you don't watch previews, so I'm not sure whether to mention something re: something you wrote above.  But I will just say that hopefully you will get your wish soon!

Jed

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2006, 01:51:16 PM »

Rodzinski and other Colts fans, my sympathies to you after yesterday's game.  I thought this was their year.  I guess now y'all should jump on the Seahawks bandwagon!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2006, 02:02:43 PM »

I think you said you don't watch previews, so I'm not sure whether to mention something re: something you wrote above.  But I will just say that hopefully you will get your wish soon!

You're right; I don't watch previews (though before the next episode airs, ABC will promo the show with the previews that I skipped, so I'll see them eventually if I watch anything on ABC).

I assume this means the nun is coming back, and I would have been very critical of the writers if they hadn't returned to her as she's a fascinating character and one who provided much outstanding conflict and a very interesting plotline to the show. Otherwise, Gaby and Carlos didn't have much of a story left once her indescretion became public knowledge.

Jed

« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2006, 02:02:45 PM »

DG Ann and I had a simply wonderful day yesterday.  We both had an itch to get out of town for the day, so we hopped in the car and made our way to Astoria, Oregon (a place I had somehow never been).  Spent a good chunk of time just wandering about the waterfront, and enjoyed a very tasty lunch.  Then we headed a few miles south along the coast to Seaside.  No matter how chilly or cloudy a day might be, I simply love the ocean.  We spent most of the afternoon wandering along the beaches in Seaside and Cannon Beach, also wandering the streets of oh-so-touristy Seaside (where we picked up some yummilicious fudge).  As it started to get dark along the coast, we headed inland for dinner in Portland.  We wandered around downtown to see what struck our culinary fancy, and ended up at Greek Cusina where we shared an antipasto plate including the most wonderfully garlic-laden skordalia, some scrumptious spanikopita, and excellent Greek meatballs with feta dip.  We were thoroughly stuffed and reeking of garlic... two sure signs of a good meal.  Then it was back on the road and home to Tacoma to finish a fabulous daytrip.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2006, 02:10:43 PM »

Heading down now to get some household chores attended to.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2006, 02:17:51 PM »

Rodzinski and other Colts fans, my sympathies to you after yesterday's game.  I thought this was their year.  I guess now y'all should jump on the Seahawks bandwagon!

Beware of The Terrible Towel!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2006, 03:27:36 PM »

No posts for over an hour?!?  Skammen!  I guess everyone is out taking advantage of the Martin Luther King Day sales.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2006, 03:29:25 PM »

Ding!

My dinner is ready.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2006, 03:29:58 PM »

We spent our day off, from 8 am until 5 pm watching the Vixter do a project for her English class.

Vixdad spent most of the dasy outside nailing the sideing back onto the house

and I did laundry and cooked and cleaned

Boy do we know how to party on o day off or what?

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2006, 03:46:46 PM »

What day off??  I am at work....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2006, 03:54:11 PM »

Speaking of partying on a holiday, I guess I'm officially missing the HHW NY gathering.  Still waiting for the last piece of info to calculate a client's estimate that needs to be paid by tomorrow.

Something strange happened today.  I hadn't spoken to one of my closest friends in over a week, though we've emailed a bit, including an email from her yesterday forwarding something someone had sent her.  But today I first called her home, then called her office on a hunch that she might not have the day off, and her outgoing message said she's on disability since the end of last week.  I've left messages for her and for another friend, but I can only assume she's not ready to talk about it, since she emailed me yesterday and didn't mention it.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2006, 04:45:40 PM »

Hmmm...maybe everyone is at the HHW NY gathering?  

(Except for DRs Ann, Geroge, FJL and myself.)
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2006, 04:47:53 PM »

Or maybe everyone is attending the Golden Globes?
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2006, 04:52:09 PM »

Who are these people yakking on the red carpet?  Where's Goldie Hawn?  Where's Faye Dunaway?  Where are the real stars?
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2006, 04:53:07 PM »

I'm back from Linda Purlville and all went well.  

Well, our publicist sent me our first two reviews, which were ironically both from the same LA Internet review site.  Wasn't sure I wanted to read them, but, in the end I did - I still may not read others.  But, here's some quotes from the first review:

"Writer/Director Bruce Kimmel’s world premiere presentation is a nifty little murder mystery with more twists than a double pretzel and an ending that any writer would kill for.

The characters, Kate, Michael and Jeffrey weave a triangle that spins faster than hurricane Katrina, and Kimmel makes sure that the story rolls along adding layer upon layer of intrigue. In what has to be one of the best concepts to date, on a dark and stormy night a young widow is visited by Michael Bedford, her late husband’s best friend who tells her he has been abroad and has just returned and has a memento of the husband to give her... Deceit is a thriller that will keep you guessing all night, as you keep sliding back from the edge of the seat.  This is definitely a great way to start your new year of theatre."

The above reviewer saw the show Saturday night (I asked the publicist, because I thought it would be interesting to know).  The quotes that follow, from the second review, were from someone who saw it Friday night.

"...witty dialogue and fast paced surprises... Particularly smashing is Matthew Ashford as Michael, a close friend of the victim who returns home from England to give the victim’s wife some solace in her state of grief... Tammy Minoff is convincing especially as the bad actress yet cunningly manipulative spouse... Greg Albanese is superb... Kimmel’s clever language and plot gimmickry keep the audience continuously deceived.
Above all else, it’s fun."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2006, 04:58:19 PM »

I actually think Leslie's lip-synching is terrific.  I wonder if your DVD player is one of those that create synch problems where there aren't any - my first DVD player did that and it drove me crazy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:53 PM »

Congrats on the good reviews, BK.  The latter is especially nice, considering how you felt Friday night went.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2006, 05:06:09 PM »

Great reviews, BK!

I'm off to my sister's after watching last night's "60 Minutes" and the 2-hour "Extreme Makeover:  Home Edition."  I still need to watch "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy."  I'll probably have to tape tonight's Golden Globes.  My sister wants (needs) me to make a cake and we all may have dinner at my sister's.  We'll see.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2006, 05:07:22 PM »

I am watching the 1950s Hong Kong teenage melodrama MAMBO GIRL...it is a hoot! I love it!

This would have been a perfect film for John Saxon and Annette Funicello to star in (Sandra Dee would have been just not quite right for the role), with the bad girl played by Roberta Shore.

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2006, 05:08:25 PM »

My house is freezing, and yet I am eating ice cream (low carb, no sugar).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2006, 05:08:42 PM »

This has to be the smallest stage I've ever seen for an awards show ever.  Queen Latifah looks like she barely has room to move around.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »

Congrats on the reviewds BK!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up